That's it. I'm now officially done with GT7

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 237 comments
It’s probably a combination of both. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have separated PS4 from PS5 players in the daily’s. FIA events were an absolute train wreck in the beginning with cross play. To this day, they still are a mixed bag. PS5 daily lobbies go on with no hitches. I’m assuming it’s the same for PS4?

With the PC thing, I know different powered computers have different frame rates and track details. I’ve watched YouTube.com videos on it on how you can scale down the graphics IG.

Maybe @Scaff could speak more to this
With regard to PC's it's still down to a combination of factors:

• The hardware it's running on, determining if you can run a title and how well you can see a title, online things are easier on the CPU because you don't need to run AI (and AI physics calculations are a big hit), visually that's down to the individual player. In this regard, Sony has a much easier job as they have a small number of variables to worry about and work with here, base PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5.
  • Netcode: Regardless of if a service is running hosted or P2P if the netcode isn't up to the job you will get online issues, Sony again working with a small set of variables here.
  • User connection: If the connection is Server based a poor connection with hamper the player, not the entire field, with P2P the player with the poorest connection will potentially affect everyone (this is abroad simplification).
Keep in mind that once your connection is above a certain speed (and that will be lower than you think) then the most important factors are ping and stability.
I’ll be curious to see if console and PC gaming remains a thing past 2030ish. I’m assuming everything will be a combination cloud-based, as well as processors built into peripheral’s, a la Oculus by then

I’m guessing it will probably all come down to $$$
I was once hopeful in regard to cloud based gaming, but with a gigabit connection and still getting lag, I'm less positive now.
I would be curious to hear from PC sim racers that race competively online in ACC, or something that has equally as complicated physics and track/weather models. I wonder what type… if any, issues they have. There for sure has to be rather large discrepancies in hardware horsepower between players.
Let's not beat around the bush here, ACC is more complicated than GT in regard to its physics, weather, and track model, but that doesn't actually matter in this case, as physics are all calculated locally, none of it's sent on-line, only positional data is required (pretty much) in that regard.
Like mentioned, GTS was fine with crossplay, so why not GT7. Either you hit the nail on the head and it is a coding issue, or the background calculations are just much more complicated than GTS, and more akin to that of ACC? GTS and GT7 physics differences aside, I wonder if the dynamic weather and dynamic track conditions really are as complicated as PD said it was in the State of play event. Then I could see how that might kick things over the edge.

Question to the room…

What are the daily races like on PS4? Fine? On PS5 they’re ok, despite some minor ping issues during races when usually in close proximity to other racers.
Proximity to another car shouldn't affect ping at all, issues of that kind of nature are more likely to be down to either a P2P connection issue from the other player (if applicable) or netcode.

I haven't done much online racing myself on PC but I've been watching a lot of in the past few months, mainly iRacing and Assetto Corsa Competizione. The biggest netcode-related problems I notice are collision detection, but while these are relatively frequent, they aren't that severe in the long run. And it sure as hell is nowhere close to how GT7 can absolutely glitch the **** out online. Cars outright teleporting or "blinking" in these titles are a rare occurrence from what I've seen.

I don't know, whenever I look at Gran Turismo being played online, other cars always look "floaty", like they're skating on the asphalt or are juuuuuuust above it. It's been like this since GT5; I see the exact same type of floatiness in GT7. I'm not sure what to call GT7 online, but it's either unstable, period, or it's almost stable.
Indeed, GT is still my worst experience in that regard on-line, my personal view is that it's most likely netcode issues.

Yes but all consoles are online now even the the new xbox
I dont think that's a dig against being online, its a dig on the number of single player event and the disparity in payout between them.

Again there's a simple fix, up the custom races payout so it's equal to what we have on the best payout races set by PD. It's not really that hard to make and would fix most problem for people like me that mostly play single player atm.

Guessing it wont happen as Sony is trying to milk GT7 or so it looks like.

30 minutes into our last Gr3 GT7 endurance championship and the hosts game crashes, dumping us all out. It's too late to restart the race and no-one wanted to anyway. The admin red flagged the race and ended the series. It's been beset by lag, jitter, game crashes, blue screens and player initialisation bugs. Each race invariably took 30 mins or more to actually get going.

It's been by far the most pathetic "gaming" experience I can remember. I wish I had attempted the refund when others did.

All other communities i'm in still race on GTS so there is simply no point in being part of
this scam any longer.

Goodbye Gran-Turd 7 hello F1 2022, GTS and (god help us) AC2 when it comes out. From the deepest depths of my heart I hope the FIA screw PD royally.

[Much] L8ers
Read my Sig bro

None the less "severing" the PS4 is insanity. The Genie is out of the bottle and no one is running out to buy a PS5 for this game now, especially now that it's in the bargain bin and the chip shortage is still in effect.
PS5 has only recently hit 20m units sold. Sony’s projections are PS5 will outsell PS4. Which would mean lifetime sales of approx. 120m. Until a GT7 sequel is released the title will remain Sony’s focus for driving fans. With the majority of sales still to come from new PS5 owners.

Whether we see a PS5 only GT7 2.0 is questionable. We have seen PS5 only Director’s Cut’s of PS4 games. Regardless, with a movie coming, PSVR2, and likely further major updates. GT7 will continue to be a focus for Sony.

I see that 117 million PS4's have been sold to 20 million PS5's (about 6:1), and Sony hasn't said which console has seen more sales of GT 7, but there's a good chance that the reason they pushed for cross gen is that they believe the PS5 install base would have led to poor sales. We don't know yet, but it could very will be that the sales of GT7 could be following the install base ratio of 6:1, so it would be the PS5 users that get cut loose IF something like that were to happen....but it won't.
Japan is, by far, the strongest market for PS4 software relative to PS5. At launch PS5 accounted for 57% of physical sales. Since launch that figure has edged more and more in PS5’s favour.

In the UK launch sales where 80% on PS5. The PSN charts for UK/EU/US all show GT7 continuing to chart on PS5. But rarely on PS4 outside launch month.

One big unknown going forward is whether GT7 will be part of the new PS+ catalogue. So far that consists of Miles Morales, Returnal, Demons Souls and a few other PS5 exclusives.

Last edited:
Posts deleted.

The AUP still applies in this thread, if you can't post without attacking other members, then don't post.

Last edited:
Hmm.. can’t help but think this threads title is totally inaccurate 🤔
(Screen shot just taken from the ps app) 🤣
EA7E1865-01AE-47C9-8962-2D712A6E4551.jpeg

Hmm.. can’t help but think this threads title is totally inaccurate 🤔
(Screen shot just taken from the ps app) 🤣
View attachment 1182903
So far I've been helping other communities test and deal with GT7 lobbies. So far BTCC, GRT, ISRL and CCsim (mostly kind of with a test but still mainly GTS) have rejected GT7 as a platform to do any meaningful league racing. I believe I have been a key player and influential in their decision making, I have no problem at all talking people out of using GT7 especially when it's for my own benefit! Sadly for PD, my weapon of choice is empiricism.

I may mess around in GT7 but it won't be daily races, it won't be league racing and it won't be single player because none are worth my time.

But I am hoping to be back.

Um, Rocket League has crossplay between PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC Steam and PC Epic, there's nothing inherently stopping GT7 from working across PS4 and PS5.
The cross platform thing is an excuse for their incompetence at best. Technically every single PC is cross platform because every PC is of a different spec, even running different OS. PC has been cross platform since 1990...

Yard sale has consistently claimed the reason GT7 online is currently so glitchy and laggy is because of cross play. Breeminator was pointing out plenty of other games have cross play with no major issues. It's not the route cause.
It shouldnt be a cause at all, otherwise the game should have been delayed to make it work better.
But the 2nd part of the sentence above always applies, because there is always room to improve.
Lately many games of higher budget or prestige have done a good job of looking incredibly unfinished on release or were so full of bugs that it is questionable there was any kind of testing in before.

Each person have the right to give their opinions and share their frustations.

But im with some of the folks here..., if people really play GT7 and know the issues its for granted that they already complained...
Its ok to post again and spam this issues theres no rule against it seems.

But i wonder..., if you smash your head against a wall and get injured will you keep doing it?

Anyway, i complained about what every single person that plays online lobbys had..., saw many threads and in diferent threads not related with this issue with this subject being called.

I think theres a thread called "known issues" and theres PD and sony support/foruns to complain.

Its all ok but i kind understand the frustation of repetition, PD for shure are aware and it have to be on top of their prioritys.

But i can agree with some folks, this kind of post are in the line with trying to desmoralise the community i did this kind post or similar also but regarding a more fundamental "issue".

Lets hope PD hear all our voices and focus on this priority thing, GT7 and modern games all have this model now, incremental updtates along the way, its not only GT issue.
In fact most of games have more issues and more imcomplete compared to GT7 but there only love happens, when it come to sony and in this case GT7 the negativity its apparent.

Last edited:
But i can agree with some folks, this kind of post are in the line with trying to desmoralise the community i did this kind post or similar also but regarding a more fundamental "issue".
That's not the intention of posts like these in my experience.

Lets hope PD hear all our voices and focus on this priority thing, GT7 and modern games all have this model now, incremental updtates along the way, its not only GT issue.
In fact most of games have more issues and more imcomplete compared to GT7 but there only love happens, when it come to sony and in this case GT7 the negativity its apparent.
Not even remotely true, pretty much every title that gets released and discussed here gets both its pros and cons discussed.

One example is the progression bugs in Grid Legends, was and still is being discussed.

The difference is that most titles don't get people attempting to 'white knight' valid issues away. It's something that GT as a series has always suffered from, and the only title I can recall with a similar issue recently was Project Cars 3.

The issue isn't so much that GT7 has valid issues to discuss, it's those who try and limit and/or shut down that discussion, and as far as GT goes I can literally give you years worth of examples.

One example is the progression bugs in Grid Legends, was and still is being discussed
Offtopic: The last major patch killed my sponsor progression, this sucks so hard I didnt touch the game anymore since.
Halfway ontopic: that is although in my opinion Grid is the more fun racing game
Back to topic: There are a lot of things GT7 could and should do better, but none of the issues currently in game prevent me from enjoying it. That doesnt silence my critique on the aspects I dont like (mainly the car selection).
I do understand and respect other players who dont share this view and "quit" playing GT7 like I did with Grid. Everyone to his own preferences.

Back to topic: There are a lot of things GT7 could and should do better, but none of the issues currently in game prevent me from enjoying it.
Have you experienced the pain of 1 hour+ endurance races and on a game so unstable you're simply racing and waiting for it to crash? Have you experienced the pain of having a rare great race with everything falling into place only for the game to crash with a few laps to go? Have you experienced the pain of taking hours of your own personal time, per week, to practice for and enter a race only for the game to crash? Have you experienced the pain of everyone being annoyed enough at the game to simply not want to rerun a crashed race?

The biggest pain is, I could go on all day and not a word of interest, admission or apology from the creators of this pain.

in 160 hours the game has never crashed for me

I've had the frozen screen issue around 6 times since release. Usually during the closing stages of one of the 30 min races, and once 10 mins from the end of my first 60 min mission at Tskubka...
Apparently powering off ps5 and unplugging for 5 mins once a week helps mitigate this.

I'll add that no other game has frozen/crashed in over a years ps5 ownership...

Last edited:
I looked at lobbies yesterday, compared to GTS it seemed like very few and most had weird names that indicated someone messing around rather than actual racing.

Have you experienced the pain of 1 hour+ endurance races and on a game so unstable you're simply racing and waiting for it to crash? Have you experienced the pain of having a rare great race with everything falling into place only for the game to crash with a few laps to go? Have you experienced the pain of taking hours of your own personal time, per week, to practice for and enter a race only for the game to crash? Have you experienced the pain of everyone being annoyed enough at the game to simply not want to rerun a crashed race?

The biggest pain is, I could go on all day and not a word of interest, admission or apology from the creators of this pain.
I have not seen GT7 crash, no.
Maybe you console is at fault there.

I have not seen GT7 crash, no.
Maybe you console is at fault there.
So you don't know the pain. Which, brutally, kind of makes your opinion irrelevant.

Single player or multi player?

In the OP example it was the league admins ps4 that crashed not mine, but I went through a period in 1.15 of constant blue screens. That's a software crash not console. When it has frozen it's been rare. But doing it once is bad, more than that, on a console, is inexcusable.

Definitely not a problem with the console when everything else works perfectly.

Last edited:
So you don't know the pain. Which, brutally, kind of makes your opinion irrelevant.

Single player or multi player?

In the OP example it was the league admins ps4 that crashed not mine, but I went through a period in 1.15 of constant blue screens. That's a software crash not console. When it has frozen it's been rare. But doing it once is bad, more than that, on a console, is inexcusable.

Definitely not a problem with the console when everything else works perfectly.
Do a software update and reset it to factory settings

Back