The 6,000,000 choice

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 24 comments
misteruno1
I hope to reach six million sometime next week. Would you go for the Lotus E21 or Ferrari 250 GTO if you were choosing between the two?

Hands down, the F1. That's the reason I haven't bought any high ticket cars yet. I'm worried that I'll be tempted to get an Indy Car once I hit the $3 million mark, though.

I hope to reach six million sometime next week. Would you go for the Lotus E21 or Ferrari 250 GTO if you were choosing between the two?
Which type do you prefer driving?
I know I wasn't a fan of r3+ cars in previous forza games and with fm5's physics added to the mix, I'd get the 250 gto.

I'll drive anything, or try! :) It would be nice if Turn 10 would put a couple of big payout races in as getting to 6mil is going to be a real marathon for me. I like driving, but not continuously. But I am 52 points away from tier 5 now, I see a P1 in my near future, the other two are farther away. A least Turn 10 is starting to get caught up on the rewards now.

So much for FM5 being a shameless money-grubbing grind, where top-tier cars like these require an inconceivable amount of time and effort to obtain because everything is set up to strong-arm you to buy tokens instead. :lol:

They know our weakness, and I have a feeling they will keep going to the well on us.

It would be nice if Turn 10 would put a couple of big payout races in as getting to 6mil is going to be a real marathon for me. I like driving, but not continuously.
They know our weakness, and I have a feeling they will keep going to the well on us.
How bad is it? You're talking about buying one of the two most expensive cars in the game before it's even been out for two weeks. To read the whining in FM5 reviews and nail-biting in the GT6 forum over fear of the same thing, I'd expect it to take much, much longer.

BTW, I'd go with the 250 GTO personally. Like eSZee, I prefer a good balanced roadcar over a grippy racecar, and they've actually provided the "correct" 250 GTO this time, which makes for photo opportunities. :)

I'm not too concerned about getting to 6,000,000 really. Having too much fun driving all the cars I have so far to be worried about the expensive ones. The improved AI mean that any race in any car is a challenge and very satisfying to get a top spot. However, if I had to choose it go for the F1.

I never cared much for the 250 GTO. Those get flipped around the AH year after year after year in the forza series so I am honestly burnt out on that car beyond belief. I would get the Lotus E21 since its the first F1 car in the Forza series.

So much for FM5 being a shameless money-grubbing grind, where top-tier cars like these require an inconceivable amount of time and effort to obtain because everything is set up to strong-arm you to buy tokens instead. :lol:
I will reach 6 Million in about 2 months. Some people have family.

Can the F1 be used in the career mode?

The Ferrari's couldn't in GT5 so I would buy whatever you can use on a regular basis.

I will reach 6 Million in about 2 months. Some people have family.
Do you consider two months to be a long time to accomplish that? Unacceptably so? Honest question.

I think it isn't cool that Free Play test drives have been restricted, meaning this is the only way you can even drive a top-tier car...but in terms of owning one of the most valuable cars in the game, is two months for someone with a busy schedule -- and a few weeks for someone with more free time -- too much to ask?

EDIT: I see this subject has come up in the general FM5 thread, so we can take it there and leave this one for FosterG's question.

Last edited:
I've maybe made close to 2 million (1 in the bank after purchases) since Friday night, so 6 in 2 months for someone who has a busy lifestyle isn't bad at all!

I was leaning heavily toward the Lotus :dopey: and whuddayaknow, it was taken out of my hands, we know what the free car will be though!

For those of you who chose the F1 car, 👍, I got it for free and driving it is amazing. Still want that 250 though.

I was using a stock 250 online last night (meaning I was at a 35ish point deficit to other players) and I came in second, nearly destroying everyone else. The car handles beautifully.

Back