The amazing and cool photo thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,669 comments
  • 1,215,007 views
And all the pics of Haiti are essentially the same.
 
There's nothing really cool and amazing about the photos.
You're looking at impoverished housing during the aftermath of the earthquake.
Not knocking anyone for the photos but just not appropriate for this thread. :)
 
Anywhooo..

RockBottom.jpg


You'll notice some iron rods on the bottom, those are from a small shipwrecked bardge
 
The epic-ness of those images is off the scale! :eek:
 
Sebastiao Salgado is an amazing photographer indeed.

sebastiao-salgado-2.jpg


282572005_a41d561f79.jpg


2182211_061031sspinguim.jpg


I'd seriously recommend checking out his agency, Amazonas Images.
 
I just noticed that we have passed 100,000 views and more then 2,000 posts. 👍

passingthegoldengate.jpg


auroraborealis.jpg


154356145311e9a455a7b.jpg


044pics.jpg
 
Last edited:
I have one to accompany your first, but that second one made me shiver, truly awesome.

2734695541_5b032ab199_o.jpg
 
Bridges eh? how about the most massive lift bridge in the world, quite a beauty i might say!

Portage_Lake_Lift_BridgeNight.jpg
 
Best self-shot ever? Indeed.
2207918764_64908ca6f5_o.jpg
 
Where's that?

I've heard of gated communities before..... but a moat?
 
Well they are stationed at Langley AFB, near Norfolk Virginia which has all sorts of military stuff going on there. The picture looks like some sort of Civil War era fort. Americans, correct me if I'm wrong...
 
Well they are stationed at Langley AFB, near Norfolk Virginia which has all sorts of military stuff going on there. The picture looks like some sort of Civil War era fort. Americans, correct me if I'm wrong...

You're right, it is:



Fort Monroe, it's about 4 miles south east of Langley. They've got one of those cool bridge-tunnels near by too.
 
Ya, that's a crazy place to explore with Google Earth and Bing Maps' "Bird's eye" view!
 
Ya, that's a crazy place to explore with Google Earth and Bing Maps' "Bird's eye" view!

Yeah, just south of there there's a huge Naval base with subs and half a dozen aircraft carriers 👍

Got to love Google Earth/Maps for this sort of thing.
 
Yeah, just south of there there's a huge Naval base with subs and half a dozen aircraft carriers 👍

Got to love Google Earth/Maps for this sort of thing.

Yes indeed. I use Bing maps more and more now because of that Bird's eye view... able to see greater detail and with the more 'isometric' view you can see the building's sides too instead of just the roofs!
 
 
Last edited:
Not showing up for me, Die-goo.
 
I saw the video of him on BBC last week. I was amazed how much he moved after being stuck under all the rubble for a week, his mom was the same way. Amazing what the human body can endure if it has too.
 
Now that's a cool picture of Haiti. The perseverance of the human spirit. Gotta love it.
 
Ha, the look on his face is priceless. So glad for them.

Indeed the smile and the open arms back to freedom:)!
 
What... may I ask... the heck is going on there!?
 
What... may I ask... the heck is going on there!?

Electric discharge timelapse. I remember it from one of wiki's pics of the day a while back.
 
I found it listed as an electric flashover. Didn't think/realise it was time lapse though.
 
What... may I ask... the heck is going on there!?
It's a microscope image of Famine's "brain" (i.e. operating system) before the v2.7 upgrade in 2006, hence the indigo glow.
 
Back