The amazing and cool photo thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,669 comments
  • 1,215,060 views
Buchlarge.jpg

F00110-800.jpg
 
Speaking of deep snow, how about Michigan's upper peninsula

QuincySnow.jpg

I'm calling fake on this pic, I mean on it being in fact the Michigan upper peninsula. Every winter this picture surfaces wherever there's been heavy snowfall. I remember when I used to live in Buffalo, NY and there was an 8-hour blizzard in 2000 and a couple of weeks later this pic came around.
 
I'm calling fake on this pic, I mean on it being in fact the Michigan upper peninsula. Every winter this picture surfaces wherever there's been heavy snowfall. I remember when I used to live in Buffalo, NY and there was an 8-hour blizzard in 2000 and a couple of weeks later this pic came around.

That picture might not be from the UP but they do get snow amounts like that on some winters. According to the story though that picture if from Qunicy City, MI...which according to Goolge Maps is in the centre of the LP.
Link: http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/15279.html

I mean really?
1092.jpg


Why people live up there is beyond me.

And here is a snow gauge in Mohawk, MI where winters can dump 250" or more of snow.

758.gif
 
I'm not saying the regions don't get a lot of snow, because clearly they do. I was just calling out that particular pic.

Incidentally, I really miss those kinds of winters. Then again, when I lived them I didn't have to drive anywhere since I lived within walking distance of college and never really had to suffer the hell that must've meant driving in those conditions.
 
More upper peninsula snow, i believe this one is fromm ironwood in 1938, sorry about the quality, i had to scan it

img045.jpg
 
Holy moly, I'd hate to see all that snow melt on a warm day. :eek:
 
"Bring back that LOOOOOOVIN FEELIN...

WHOA... THAT LOOOOVIN FEELIN..."





(Yes; I know that's an Eagle, not a Tomcat.)


M
 
Just in case you haven’t heard, all of your contributions to this thread have made “The amazing and cool photo thread” best of GTP for 2009.

shalini-8794-mother-nature-best-mother-nature-great-canyon-visions-earth-glen-wild-crusade-california-alps-cletic-realm-at-her-ppt-powerpoint-118_88.jpg


2009%20Best%20Photos%2011_thumb.jpg


2009bestphotos422.jpg


2009bestphotos402.jpg


Thank you taking the time to share what you find. Keep up the great work and lets do it again for 2010.
 
Woot, congratulations to all that have contributed. :D
 
I certainly didn't see anythong on this, but these are pics taken from www.boston.com and aboutthe 2010 Dakar Rally


Aerial view of the Parc ferme of the Dakar 2010 in Buenos Aires on December 31, 2009.


Russian BMW driver Leonid Novitskiy and German co-driver Andreas Schulz try to escape after becoming stuck in the sand during the 8th stage of the Dakar 2010, between Antofagasta and Copiapo, Chile, on January 10, 2010.


A rider climbs a riffled sand dune during the seventh stage of the Dakar Rally between Iquique and Antofagasta, Chile, Friday, Jan. 8, 2010.


South African Giniel De Villiers drives his Volkswagen during the 8th stage of the Dakar 2010, between Antofagasta and Copiapo, Chile, on January 10, 2010.


BMW's driver France's Stephane Peterhansel and co-driver Jean-Paul Cottret cross a valley during the seventh stage of the Argentina-Chile Dakar Rally 2010 between Iquique and Antofagasta, Chile, Friday, Jan. 8, 2010.

Imageshack is being Imageshack-ish, so some images seem not to be loading. There should be 5
 
PSHamilton-RAEI.org-_DSC5079.jpg


Tiny Gecko

PSHamilton-RAEI.org-_DSC6945.jpg


Translucent Frog​
 
I want both of those as pets.

And the snake that can fit inside a ballpoint biro pen ink cartridge.
 
How about some pics from Haiti? I'll start off:
article-1242929-07D9251D000005DC-556_964x640.jpg
 
I shudder to think how many bodies you'd see in that shot if you were to put on some weird magical X ray specs.
 
How often do you get to see your nations symbol resting on a tree branch outside your work office? Not often, but an internets 'friend's' wife gets to see this beautiful bird every year around this time of year.

IMG_0795.jpg


IMG_0808.jpg


IMG_0813.jpg


IMG_0820.jpg
 
That last picture is absolutely epic.
Wonderful photography.

This IS the best thread on the 'Planet. ;)
 
Amazing Street Art


Amazing+3D+sidewalk+art
 
tallest-and-shorte_1559059i.jpg
 
I see no one liked my trend of Haiti earthquake pics.
 
I see no one liked my trend of Haiti earthquake pics.

Probably because there is nothing really amazing or cool about tens of thousands of people losing their lives.
 
Back