• Thread starter chromatic9
  • 8,975 comments
M235i Racing.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

How does the Photo Mode in Assetto Corsa work and just how comprehensive is it? Can you hit pause and jump straight in or is it during Replay only? Once it doesn't restrict you to pivoting the camera around the car like PCars unless you have a keyboard I'll be content.

I love a good Photo Mode in a racing game so am very much looking forward to it in AC.

Last edited:

How does the Photo Mode in Assetto Corsa work and just how comprehensive is it? Can you hit pause and jump straight in or is it during Replay only? Once it doesn't restrict you to pivoting the camera around the car like PCars unless you have a keyboard.

I love a good Photo Mode in a racing game so am very much looking forward to it in AC.

I'm still fairly new to AC and so far I've only used the photomode in replays but I believe there is a photomode app you can call during driving. The photomode itself is a little quirky imo. It certainly has the most freedom of movement of any photomode I've used - you can move the camera literally anywhere, though you will clip through objects including the ground (In the last photo above I moved the camera into a TV camera crane to take the shot). There is no shutter speed adjustment but you do have dof adjustment and can adjust the position of the sun which is a nice feature. I can't find any autofocus feature and focussing the camera is a right pain. You can zoom in and out and tilt the camera but that's about it. Overall it's better than pCARS photomode but still far from perfect. On the plus side when taking photos from replays the replay controls are very good - you can fastforward and rewind and slowmo with many different camera positions so you can always capture that exact perfect moment. :)

Edit: How the photomode will work on console when it gets there may be entirely different of course. ;)

How does the Photo Mode in Assetto Corsa work and just how comprehensive is it? Can you hit pause and jump straight in or is it during Replay only? Once it doesn't restrict you to pivoting the camera around the car like PCars unless you have a keyboard.

I pretty much hate it. There is a lot of freedom, but I think the controls are terrible.

A Rough Day in Monaco:

KQSCzKB.jpg

Brands Hatch (needs DoF):

Mz5EOpr.jpg

Back