The Barclay's Premiership - 2004/2005 Season - Thread

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,312 comments
I recon it will be a draw.

I enjoyed the last Arsenal v Chelsea match, at least it doesn't have the same horrible **** slinging atmosphere as the Arsenal Man U matches.

So bastige got it right. So the new champs couldnt beat the old ones :D

PS: Everton > ManU
PPS: Cant Spurs do anything right :mad:

Erik Edman makes Gerrard cry.
edman.gif

cryliv4bs.gif

You should really try and find a vid of that goal (then tell me where you found it!)

Norwich midfielder Youssef Safri opened the scoring with a spectacular 45-yard strike.

:eek:

LONDON (Reuters) - Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson wants captain Roy Keane to take over the Old Trafford hot seat when he eventually stands down.

Three years ago Ferguson abandoned plans to retire and says he will be in charge for at least one more year, marking the 20th anniversary of him taking the job after moving from Aberdeen in November 1986.

"I will carry on at United next season and I have a contract to do that," Ferguson told Friday's Sun newspaper.

"But when I do move on I would like to see Roy Keane taking over.

"He is a leader on the pitch and he could be that kind of leader sitting on the United bench too."

Ferguson will be on a 12-month rolling contract next season.

Keane, 33, has been at United since 1993 and is taking his coaching badges.

The combative Ireland midfielder has been outspoken in his criticism of some of his fellow players in recent seasons and last week said that not every United player could say they were giving 100 percent.

He wont throw boots at his players - he'll throw punches.

PARIS (Reuters) - Olympique Marseille and France goalkeeper Fabien Barthez has been given a six-month ban, three of which are suspended, for spitting at a referee.

The sanction handed by the disciplinary committee of the French Football Federation (FFF) will take effect on Monday.

Barthez will be available for France's next World Cup qualifiers against Faroe Islands on September 3, Ireland on September 7, Switzerland on October 8 and Cyprus on October 12.

Barthez appeared on Thursday before the disciplinary committee of the French Football Federation (FFF) who passed sentence on Friday.

"The disciplinary committee took the following decisions: player Fabien Barthez has been suspended for six months including three suspended months, Olympique Marseille have been fined 1,000 euros," the FFF said without elaborating in a statement published on their website.

Barthez was not immediately available for comment.

Olympique Marseille have 10 days to appeal before the FFF appeal commission or the French National Olympic Committee but their request will not suspend the ban.

Barthez was reported for spitting at referee Abdellah El Achiri during a friendly between Wydad Casablanca and Marseille in February.

A brawl erupted on the pitch after Marseille defender Frederic Dehu was sent off with Barthez, who had been substituted, getting up off the bench and confronting the referee. The match was abandoned with 10 minutes left.

Dehu also appeared at Thursday's hearing and was cleared of all charges.

I hope Diouf gets banned to.

:savages:

I don't even know why Barthez is still number one for the french national squad. I'm sure there must be a better French Keeper. Oh and.

Thursday, April 21, 2005
Trezeguet targets Gunners move
Juventus striker David Trezeguet wants to team up with fellow French forward Thierry Henry at Arsenal.

The 27-year-old Trezeguet and his France team-mate Henry have discussed the possibility of playing their club football together.

Trezeguet admits he relishes the prospect and is convinced he will get his wish.

'It would be nice for me to play in England,' Trezeguet told The Sun. 'Why not? I have a perfect understanding with Henry.

'Sometimes when we talk, we would love to play together in club football. I'm sure it will happen one day.'
:scared:

crysou2sq.gif

4-1 to Pompey, doesn't look good for Southampton.

Oh yeah, I hope Palace manages to survive. Mainly because I completely wrote them off intially at the start of the season when they were utter crap.

Race Idiot
4-1 to Pompey, doesn't look good for Southampton.

:D I may be a Man U fan, but I live in Pompey...and that is the best result all season :lol:

Sorry Southampton fans, but if you guys get relegated, that will be a good consolation for Man U not winning the title this year. :P

Now if we could just score a freakin goal, and turn around this Newcastle match, it will be a great day :) ...that and the rain clearing up...

EDIT

👍 What an amazing strike of the ball!!! Go Rooney :D

2 - 1 to Man Utd...and it's stopped raining as well :lol:

(She is so going to get it tonight ;) )

That was one of the best strikes I've seen in a long time, absolute class by Rooney, especially since he was injured when he struck it.

We need a new keeper over the summer too, Howard can be really good on his day but his day doesn't come along often enough. The rest of the time he's pretty crap.

Is Henize injured? If so, hahahahhahahahahahaha.

He's pretty awesome though.

Also I recon you need another good CB to partner Ferdinand, Silvestre is a bit rubbish.

Silvestre is another one of thoes players who has good patches, and he's very valuable, and bad patches when he's not. We can do with players who spend more time being good.

And yes Heinze is injured, however fears that he'd fractuered his ankle are over because he hasn't.

A good strike from Rooney yes, but come on. It was a free freakin volley from 18 yards out. Given that he is a professional footballer, one would expect it on target :odd:

PS: Soton :(

Ps it's the North London Darby today, I hope I don't have to put up with seeing any Spurs fans. Well I only live a mile away from white heart lane so that's probably not a possibility. :grumpy:

Mike Rotch
A good strike from Rooney yes, but come on. It was a free freakin volley from 18 yards out. Given that he is a professional footballer, one would expect it on target :odd:

PS: Soton :(

It was more like 25 yard. And considering he deliberatley shot it wide with outward swerve to curl in and beat the keeper. That was one of the goals of the season.

@RI do you think you can make a gif of Norwich's first goal in their 2-1 win over Newcastle last weekend? It was by Safri I think. It was freakin awesomes!!

DQuaN
@RI do you think you can make a gif of Norwich's first goal in their 2-1 win over Newcastle last weekend? It was by Safari I think. It was freakin awesomes!!

That was another beauty, struck with such precision. :)

Reminds me of the goal that Luis Garcia scored against Juventus on the 5th of April, another classic :crazy: .

Latest Posts

Back