The best GT5 cars according to stormbringer!

i'm sorry, but you can't keep cars' setup as default to bring the best out of them. or have a default setup that you would use for all of them. almost all cars have a different setup from one another, and so tuned individually.

i do what i want! :)

Im sure ALL cars can be tweaked to perform much much better.
I do mess around with my suspension, torque distrib setups to make my cars handle to my liking. But ya, i dont go too deep. dont have THAT much time.

never felt the need for TRC > 1 or ABS > 5 on the road on any car. rally and wet conditions are another ballgame

Last edited:
i do what i want! :)

Im sure ALL cars can be tweaked to perform much much better.
I do mess around with my suspension, torque distrib setups to make my cars handle to my liking. But ya, i dont go too deep. dont have THAT much time.

never felt the need for TRC > 1 or ABS > 5 on the road on any car. rally and wet conditions are another ballgame

lol. so how can you consider one as superior, or inferior, if you know it still has room for improvement from proper setup? all based on subjective reasoning and "i do what i want" logic? or was it from lap times (which is heavily dependent on driving and setup)? ridiculous. :lol:

lol. so how can you consider one as superior, or inferior, if you know it still has room for improvement from proper setup? all based on subjective reasoning and "i do what i want" logic? or was it from lap times (which is heavily dependent on driving and setup)? ridiculous. :lol:

This is not an official list, nor is it claiming to be.

everything is based on "i do what i want" and "what do i feel the car wants"

Superior/Inferior is my opinion.

yes, car setups are variables since they can be setup as the driver likes. and so is driving technique (i mentioned that in the intro)

Personally i get a really good idea of how the car drives, how much further a car can be tweaked and how it compares. For you guys, this or any other stats such as this will always serve as a vague, general idea about how the cars are. (also written in the intro).

lastly, im not that skilled. Im sure you or anyone else can kill my lap times with the same cars. If so, good for you. this thread is not meant to incite competitiveness, rather basic information.

The Escudo has only got a top speed of 190mph but there is no kick back and it gets to 190mph fast. It was overtaking lambo and ferrari while it was on the grass at nurghberg ring. And I'm not talking coasting past them I'm talking picking up speed accelerating past them.

I'm going to take it to deep forest now. I'm an average driver at best though so cross your fingers for me lol.

It cost 1.9 million at used car and the engine and chassis are 1 million for both which I have not done yet.

This is not an official list, nor is it claiming to be.

everything is based on "i do what i want" and "what do i feel the car wants"

Superior/Inferior is my opinion.

yes, car setups are variables since they can be setup as the driver likes. and so is driving technique (i mentioned that in the intro)

Personally i get a really good idea of how the car drives, how much further a car can be tweaked and how it compares. For you guys, this or any other stats such as this will always serve as a vague, general idea about how the cars are. (also written in the intro).

lastly, im not that skilled. Im sure you or anyone else can kill my lap times with the same cars. If so, good for you. this thread is not meant to incite competitiveness, rather basic information.

i'm not after topping your times, or anyone's time for that matter. i'm just saying what's the point in posting a ranking of the cars if it's just based off of someone's own subjective criterias.

i can post my own rankings too, but what use would it be for other people if I judged the cars a different way that the data would be incorrect if it were used by other people. 💡

i'm not after topping your times, or anyone's time for that matter. i'm just saying what's the point in posting a ranking of the cars if it's just based off of someone's own subjective criterias.

i can post my own rankings too, but what use would it be for other people if I judged the cars a different way that the data would be incorrect if it were used by other people. 💡

OPINIONS ARE SUBJECTIVE
Thats the way everything is. everyone has their own opinions and preferences. Doesnt mean their opinions are worthless.

you could save some time by taking my opinions into CONSIDERATION, and use them to further your own judgement. Or if you prefer to find out everything for yourself...go ahead. im not forcing you to use this thread and ive never imposed the idea that this thread is the Golden rule.

ive repeated myself quite a few times now.

have a nice day

The Escudo has only got a top speed of 190mph but there is no kick back and it gets to 190mph fast. It was overtaking lambo and ferrari while it was on the grass at nurghberg ring. And I'm not talking coasting past them I'm talking picking up speed accelerating past them.

I really wanna get it. Just never have the funds whenever i see it for sale.

Any one that thinks this list is accurate or ment to be gospel probably gets more grammar warning than me lol. Its obviously just a guide and a good one I think.

About the GTR SpecV... it's not a race car, I believe? It doesn't say so. I know it was under 1:10:00, but still ;)

OPINIONS ARE SUBJECTIVE
Thats the way everything is. everyone has their own opinions and preferences. Doesnt mean their opinions are worthless.

you could save some time by taking my opinions into CONSIDERATION, and use them to further your own judgement. Or if you prefer to find out everything for yourself...go ahead. im not forcing you to use this thread and ive never imposed the idea that this thread is the Golden rule.

ive repeated myself quite a few times now.

have a nice day

and so have I. it seems you're having tunnel vision and stopped trying to realize what i was trying to convey. with what you're saying, people should really be better off to try it themselves or pray their judgement is the same as yours. i'll say the same to you, you could save some time by taking my opinions into considerations, and use them to make your list better. :sly:

and so have I. it seems you're having tunnel vision and stopped trying to realize what i was trying to convey. with what you're saying, people should really be better off to try it themselves or pray their judgement is the same as yours. i'll say the same to you, you could save some time by taking my opinions into considerations, and use them to make your list better. :sly:

you win

Fun day today, all 4 test cars turned out to be awesome. 👍

Lambo Nomad Diablo, CAstrol Toms Supra, Amuse Carbon R34, Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evo II'91

you guy definately need to get your hands on a Lambo Nomad Diablo.
I loved it. Best handling Lambo in the game, imo.

anyone like the RUF yellowbird? mine doesnt drive well at all. Is it just me? i was thinking about whether i should pay all that cash to overhaul it.

Last edited:
Hmm...I didn't see my current fave on here so thought I'd mention it...Mercedes CLK -GTR '98 843hp and 1000kg It was a fave in GT4 and it's good in this game.It was in the lot and I was tired of looking for formula car so I bought it.5 mil and it only showed up around day 600.I'm on day 776 and have only seen it once.Bspec bob likes it too!

Hmm...I didn't see my current fave on here so thought I'd mention it...Mercedes CLK -GTR '98 843hp and 1000kg It was a fave in GT4 and it's good in this game.It was in the lot and I was tired of looking for formula car so I bought it.5 mil and it only showed up around day 600.I'm on day 776 and have only seen it once.Bspec bob likes it too!

That was one of my faves in GT4 as well. Saw it in the used lot, didnt have the funds. Will definately get it.

Got trade scammed for the first time today. Dude made me send my car, then he de-friended me and buggered off (PSN ricky67ii and gtplanet ID richardIII)

really pissed me off

be careful

A fully tuned up/broken in Sauber Mercedes tops out at around 1013hp. Its a hairy ride, but unbeatable if driven in the right hands. My BoBs love it too...it slays Like The Wind and Dream Car Championship

Did you tried RM Lotus Elise? I think that it can beat some of the supercars on this track.

i was thinking about the elise. maybe i'll get it today.

The sauber mercedes is again one of those cars i really need to save up money for. my race car inventory is really crap. Will get it soon hopefully.

for really good low pwred car (under 500BHP).
get the FTO Super touring car 4wd 471BHP. i can pull 1.22 on trail mountain.
the best car for that pwr range IMHO, well for the cars i have anyway.

I could add some rally cars. Which ones do you think i should get?

I think the 2003 Impreza Rally Car (the one with the box rear-wing) is quite impressive when it is fully tuned. The Delta S4 is sublime, and hyper fast even as stock, the Essie Cosworth, and RS200 are worth a look too.

I've only started testing the Rally cars in this game, but they make good cars to tackle the ring with; And (when max tuned), they can punch above their weight under the right circumstances. 👍

I think the 2003 Impreza Rally Car (the one with the box rear-wing) is quite impressive when it is fully tuned. The Delta S4 is sublime, and hyper fast even as stock, the Essie Cosworth, and RS200 are worth a look too.

I've only started testing the Rally cars in this game, but they make good cars to tackle the ring with; And (when max tuned), they can punch above their weight under the right circumstances. 👍

I havent even heard of half of those names. Will be on the lookout for em.
I did try out the lancia stratos'73 rally car today which was cool.
Really had to stiffen up the suspension to get it to adapt to the road.
I suppose all rally cars will need major suspension adjustments to make em asphalt ready.

After the adjustments the lancia did drive really well.

Last edited:
Added today

Impreza Super Touring Car
Catterham Fireblade (hotrod)
Lancia Stratos Rally car
Ferrari 599'06
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car'66

Just notcied the Enzo being only the third-best Ferrari on your list. That can't be true, the Enzo is superior compared to all the other Ferraris (don't know about the SP1 though). Maybe you should try with it again - it should at least be able to beat the other Ferraris :)

Just notcied the Enzo being only the third-best Ferrari on your list. That can't be true, the Enzo is superior compared to all the other Ferraris (don't know about the SP1 though). Maybe you should try with it again - it should at least be able to beat the other Ferraris :)

thats what i thought before i tested them. the Scuderia and italia corner better. Thats where the enzo loses out.

In a straight line the enzo will definitely destroy both scuderia and italia; it has a much lower weight to power ratio.

Back