@Thematic - CHEESE

@Thematic, @smoothbore12, @bjl23, @Failmaster21, @RMan72
OLYMPIAN

@RMan72 - GOLD MEDAL

@smoothbore12 & @Thematic - SILVER MEDAL

@bjl23 & @smoothbore12- BRONZE MEDAL

@Failmaster21 - I GOT INVITED

Last edited:
France's Hottest Hatch Burns Through London!

London_1.jpg

Back to London Reverse. How nostalgic, as my second Challenge Hub participation was here. Not one of my favorite tracks, but I'll give it my all.

Turn 1: Brake just before the 50m board and try to get through in third gear. You may need second gear briefly to get the nose in, but make sure to shift back to third on exit, as the Mégane's second gear tops out at just 80 km/h.

Turns 2 and 3: Brake on the 50m board for turn 2, and turn in sharply to attack that inside kerb with everything you've got. On the next short straight, watch the right-hand wall. When it starts opening up to the right and you see concrete on that side of the road, brake to second gear. Again, attack the kerbs aggressively in this section to gain as much time as possible.

Turn 4: Flat-out on third gear. Be careful not to turn in too early as it's very easy to hit the inside wall here and ruin your lap. With a good line, you don't need to lift off here at all.

Turn 5: The toughest corner on the track, a blind left-hander that tightens on exit. Brake as late as you dare down to third gear at around 100 km/h, and keep your throttle input under control. Get too eager with the throttle and you'll hit the outside wall on exit, which is usually enough to invalidate your lap, and even if it doesn't, you'll lose so much time that the lap might as well be red. A good line and controlled throttle inputs are key to getting through here in one piece.

Turns 6 and 7: I predict a lot of people will screw up here. You need a pretty much perfect line through here, but this section can be done flat-out in fourth gear. If you're even a little off the right line, you'll probably need to lift off the throttle for a bit to get through without hitting a wall. This section, much like Turn 5, makes or breaks your run.

Turns 8 and 9: Turn 8 is a flat-out kink, and then Turn 9 is a very tight left-hander. Brake somewhere between the 100m and 50m boards, down to second gear at around 60 km/h. Attack the kerb as hard as you can and keep the tightest line possible through the apex, then accelerate hard towards the finish line.

I did just over 20 laps, and got a best time of 59.749. While sub-1 minute may seem quite fast, I feel there is still time to be gained here.

upload_2020-6-8_10-9-0.png

upload_2020-6-8_10-9-22.png

messed last corner big time, dont have more time to play but will maybe try again since its just 1st day :)
IMG_20200608_150032~2.jpg

IMG_20200608_145951~2.jpg

ps good read @CozmicDragon.. I'd comment but I honestly dont know my braking points and stuff like that, I mostly just turn and change gears when I feel like it lol.. I just know I didn't do flatout on place you wrote and I was very slow on last corner and with me being rusty, I expect more than a second faster times than mine..

Last edited:
One reason I am so slow is because I use automatic, just thought you guys would have a laugh at me being a noob

Don't take a bet on that mate , Boogeyman ( @RMan72 ) always are on AT gearing .
On the other hand of course he has " magic" fingers :lol: .
I also use AT except very rare situations and since you talk about noobs i use Only buttons for everything !!!!!
Thats why my inside view vids are suck cause i correct all the time with the buttons my steering plus the throttle is mostly On Of situation on my pad.

Last edited:
No tune entry
IMG_20200608_210338.jpg

IMG_20200608_210414.jpg

No far from Snow white but ......

Goodwood entry
IMG_20200608_211302.jpg

I can say that here comes the difficult part at Goodwood.
This one wasn't gold !!! So after that i i to Gia as a gift :dopey:
And judging from Boogeyman's record didn't bother much with that either so am expecting enough improvement from him.

@Failmaster21 it might be difficult to have the room and space to set a wheel but definitely is better ( and more tired to use ) than pad in many cases .

PS
Faq ..... I forgot again to move the cursor to the right spot .
Ok Bryce ,you can laugh again i don't blame you this time

At least i have another one
IMG_20200608_203406.jpg

Yet again didn't show my SH tyres ..... :banghead: :banghead:
Am i i getting old or is the much work ? !!!!!! :banghead:

Last edited:
France's Hottest Hatch Burns Through London!

View attachment 928364

Back to London Reverse. How nostalgic, as my second Challenge Hub participation was here. Not one of my favorite tracks, but I'll give it my all.

Turn 1: Brake just before the 50m board and try to get through in third gear. You may need second gear briefly to get the nose in, but make sure to shift back to third on exit, as the Mégane's second gear tops out at just 80 km/h.

Turns 2 and 3: Brake on the 50m board for turn 2, and turn in sharply to attack that inside kerb with everything you've got. On the next short straight, watch the right-hand wall. When it starts opening up to the right and you see concrete on that side of the road, brake to second gear. Again, attack the kerbs aggressively in this section to gain as much time as possible.

Turn 4: Flat-out on third gear. Be careful not to turn in too early as it's very easy to hit the inside wall here and ruin your lap. With a good line, you don't need to lift off here at all.

Turn 5: The toughest corner on the track, a blind left-hander that tightens on exit. Brake as late as you dare down to third gear at around 100 km/h, and keep your throttle input under control. Get too eager with the throttle and you'll hit the outside wall on exit, which is usually enough to invalidate your lap, and even if it doesn't, you'll lose so much time that the lap might as well be red. A good line and controlled throttle inputs are key to getting through here in one piece.

Turns 6 and 7: I predict a lot of people will screw up here. You need a pretty much perfect line through here, but this section can be done flat-out in fourth gear. If you're even a little off the right line, you'll probably need to lift off the throttle for a bit to get through without hitting a wall. This section, much like Turn 5, makes or breaks your run.

Turns 8 and 9: Turn 8 is a flat-out kink, and then Turn 9 is a very tight left-hander. Brake somewhere between the 100m and 50m boards, down to second gear at around 60 km/h. Attack the kerb as hard as you can and keep the tightest line possible through the apex, then accelerate hard towards the finish line.

I did just over 20 laps, and got a best time of 59.749. While sub-1 minute may seem quite fast, I feel there is still time to be gained here.

View attachment 928365

View attachment 928366
:cheers: Great read again

messed last corner big time, dont have more time to play but will maybe try again since its just 1st day :)
View attachment 928367
View attachment 928368

ps good read @CozmicDragon.. I'd comment but I honestly dont know my braking points and stuff like that, I mostly just turn and change gears when I feel like it lol.. I just know I didn't do flatout on place you wrote and I was very slow on last corner and with me being rusty, I expect more than a second faster times than mine..
Great to see you back mate 👍

One reason I am so slow is because I use automatic, just thought you guys would have a laugh at me being a noob
Your not a noob, you killed it in the last no-tune. :bowdown:

No tune entry
View attachment 928436
View attachment 928437
No far from Snow white but ......

Goodwood entry
View attachment 928438

I can say that here comes the difficult part at Goodwood.
This one wasn't gold !!! So after that i i to Gia as a gift :dopey:
And judging from Boogeyman's record didn't bother much with that either so am expecting enough improvement from him.

@Failmaster21 it might be difficult to have the room and space to set a wheel but definitely is better ( and more tired to use ) than pad in many cases .

PS
Faq ..... I forgot again to move the cursor to the right spot .
Ok Bryce ,you can laugh again i don't blame you this time

At least i have another one
View attachment 928441

Yet again didn't show my SH tyres ..... :banghead: :banghead:
Am i i getting old or is the much work ? !!!!!! :banghead:
I've counted your 59.879 since its not the fastest time.

Forrest Gump

This went like...
View attachment 928481

As the numbers reflect.
(5:21.989)
You still need to win against another field to get the title, this challenge isn't about how fast we are just winning the race. 👍

Last edited:
:cheers: Great read again

Great to see you back mate 👍

Your not a noob, you killed it in the last no-tune. :bowdown:

I've counted your 59.879 since its not the fastest time.

You still need to win against another field to get the title, this challenge isn't about how fast we are just winning the race. 👍
Thanks @bjl23 for that, probably gonna get to the no-tune, the knockouts and the carlympics this weekend, maybe do the invitational. Also I have an idea for the next invitational but not sure when to post it

Limited time play today so i needed something short.
After some laps on no tune where couldn't reach sub minute i quite and go to Goodwood where i saw a potential last time and ,....... I was right.
The bad thing is that ghost according i have the sub 45 which means i have to try it again.
IMG_20200609_212347.jpg

A bit twichy on brakes the big merc but when you do it right its like having s.e.x.
Also as you see there's no record between my new and past lap record and thats cause i was too aggressive in every area and ruin enough runs cause of that .
I had a dead 46 ghost as reference and when i realise that " i had " it was searching for the good one and finally came.

Last edited:
Did a few races in the jag last night, I had to make it look the part so I give you the JAGUAR XKR-S GT3.
IMAG0230.jpg

Looks right at home.

He's my tune
IMAG0231.jpg

NO-TUNE
I did a @smoothbore12 and forgot to move the cursor to the options icon :banghead:, but since it's not the best time I'll allow it :D

IMAG0233.jpg
IMAG0232.jpg

Thanks @bjl23 for that, probably gonna get to the no-tune, the knockouts and the carlympics this weekend, maybe do the invitational. Also I have an idea for the next invitational but not sure when to post it
When it's your turn to design an event I'll send you a PM, it goes in alphabetical order.
@Thematic is next, then me, then you.

Last edited:
Did a few races in the jag last night, I had to make it look the part so I give you the JAGUAR XKR-S GT3.
View attachment 928888
Looks right at home.

He's my tune
View attachment 928889

NO-TUNE
I did a @smoothbore12 and forgot to move the cursor to the options icon :banghead:, but since it's not the best time I'll allow it :D

View attachment 928890 View attachment 928891

When it's your turn to design an event I'll send you a PM, it goes in alphabetical order.
@Thematic is next, then me, then you.
Thanks for the info, also why do you have to show the options menu?

Thanks for the info, also why do you have to show the options menu?
The reason for that is only to make sure that everyone use the courtesy car which means that there is no car settings to adjust ,also at courtesy car you can't change oil ,so there is no advantage on horse power which always used at no tune challenges.
Don't worry ,from time to time always someone forget ( ok,ok am one of them ) to take the courtesy car and use the car from the game.
Also you can't adjust 'Brake Balance as you can on original No tune challenges.

Edit
I was out for one week unable to play....
We return i take a single day of and since then...faq.
Tomorrow it will be the third day in a row that am gonna go to the island of Ydra for work ,wake up 5 and return after 13 hours ..... Faq again.
And the hard part didn't mention it yet ,at the island there's NO CARS !!!! Only animals like mule and donkeys to carry everything plus except the port everything else is an endless uphill with steps .:crazy:
Am gonna leave my bones there :lol:
So much pressure .... Imagine that am writing from my WC right now :lol::lol: at least i have time by my own.

Last edited:
Forrest Gump (again)

Last time, the shot from the finish line was a happy accident. So I took them a bit earlier today. I gather the times of the 2 and 2 laps are added. Interesting drive, as after a while what flashes into mind on rumble strips is something like "this should work" and a couple of times "I don't know what is going to happen". But since the race is short there's no terror.

I did seven races, three of which didn't qualify for scrutiny. Two of them were like that because of the Renault R5. First one was a more clear fingerpointing case, which got an exclamation out of me. It braked in the middle of the straight, before the double right that opens to the final fast part of the lap (one, yes). Second time, in a later race, was my fault though. After turn 1 on lap two the stupid powerful draft behind the R5 "flung" me into the EdR wall. Though I suppose I should have left that one far behind by then.
The third blunder was going with fifth gear into the quick left, after which there is only the chicane before the line. I already mentioned rumbles. Maybe the correct way, or one, is to lift just slightly when starting to turn.

"Faster" 5:10.15, "fastest" 5:09.728 ¯\O/¯
@Failmaster21 Good to learn that you were inspired regarding a new event!

Attachments

• fgump_faster_res.jpg
    fgump_faster_res.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 5
  • fgump_fasterfin.jpg
    fgump_fasterfin.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 3
  • fgump_fastest_res.jpg
    fgump_fastest_res.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5
  • fgump_fastestfin.jpg
    fgump_fastestfin.jpg