The corner you dislike the most

• Thread starter bil coz
  • 92 comments
One of the last turns at Autopolis... It’s the left-hander immediately after the bridge passing over the track. On corner entry it looks like an easy kink, but every time I’m caught slightly off guard by its narrow exit. I can manage it alright, but it always feels bad.

Two ways to look at this, corners one may be poor at and corners that just feel like a complete waste and should not be there.

Complete waste and should not be there:
- Last chicane at Catalunya, just horrible, absolutely horrible.
- Super fiddly section in last sector at fuji, the blind bit
- Last corner Autopolis
- Double right hander Autopolis

Corners I am poor at:
- Spoon, by miles and miles, I lose SECONDS through there
- T1 Bathurst, enjoyable corner but dear me there's a fine line
- Last turn Big Willow
- Esses through Maggiorie

Bus stop of Dragon Trail Seaside is hors concours as my most heated "thing" in this game. Made me decide, two years ago, to not race there ever again.

At Bathurst, I think it's called the Dipper (the second downhill left at the top of the mountain)

If I manage to avoid spinning, I routinely loose chunks of time (>1 sec per lap) trying to keep the car straight. This single corner is why I skip every race at Bathurst

I'm not really disliking this corner , but yesterday in 3 races at Lago Maggiore , i went off track in the same corner 3 times in a row for the same reason all the time. This cost me a win and another top 5 place in a very strong room.
Autodrome_Lago_Maggiore_-_GP.jpg

With the M4 specially , that is a bit harder to manage than the SF-R in this conditions , when you take this corner perfectly during 10 laps and at this moment you don't realise that yours tyres are a bit more wasted , then your car take more radius and half your rear left tyre is on the grass ..... end of the line.
In this special corner you have to stay very concentrate and before this happening , you have to start to brake more on the inside to move left gently under brake till the left limit of the track. I think i've learned my lesson now.:lol:

Last edited:
First turn of Brands Hatch, the final turn of Big Willow, Spoon corner at Suzuka, final chicane at Catalunya first chicane at Monza and Turn 4 of Interlagos.
The first turn at brands, paddock hill bend, is one of my favourites. I did a track day there about 20 years ago, the instructor took me round at “touring car pace” we went a little bit sideways round paddock, scary but fun.

Mine are:

- Barcelona's last sector is awful
- Autopolis (I mean the whole thing, that track is horrid)
- Everything after the Nordschleife's Carousel

You can be a great player and just not like certain sections of a track.
I didn’t say anything about not being a great player?
It’s like if I’m playing guitar and there’s a hard bit coming up, I can tend to over over think and stress myself into mistakes. Where as if I just relax and don’t over think it I’ll usually be fine.
It’s exactly like learning to drive a track, if I’m approaching a corner that I hate, I might tense up, brake in the wrong place or take crap line.

There are a few great players who have replied in this thread. They should git gud. :D

Clearly. :cool:

I didn’t say anything about not being a great player?
It’s like if I’m playing guitar and there’s a hard bit coming up, I can tend to over over think and stress myself into mistakes. Where as if I just relax and don’t over think it I’ll usually be fine.
It’s exactly like learning to drive a track, if I’m approaching a corner that I hate, I might tense up, brake in the wrong place or take crap line.

No, you're correct. You never brought up great players, nor am I inferring that you did. My point is that it's not all based on one's experience or skill level. Sure, some might dislike a track because they're inexperienced or unskilled. But it could also have to do with the design flaws of certain tracks like their lack of synergy with a particular car category or how poorly sections flow together.

For example, I know some players that are really good at the Willow Springs and Tokyo Expressway tracks (and their numerous layouts), but the tracks do absolutely nothing for them for some of the aforementioned reasons.

Last edited:
Clearly. :cool:

No, you're correct. You never brought up great players, nor am I inferring that you did. My point is that it's not all based on one's experience or skill level. Sure, some might dislike a track because they're inexperienced or unskilled. But it could also have to do with the design flaws of certain tracks like their lack of synergy with a particular car category or how poorly sections flow together.

For example, I know some players that are really good at the Willow Springs and Tokyo Expressway tracks (and their numerous layouts), but the tracks do absolutely nothing for them for some of the aforementioned reasons.

Ok, Monza T1 on the first lap, because no ****er wants to share the tarmac. We can’t all fit through at the same time, you’ll have to wait your turn!
There’s a few first corners like that

edit: I dislike all first corners on the first lap! :D

Turn 2 nurb 24hr, always a gongshow at the start of the race no matter how good the lobby is.

Also t1 at Red Bull ring, mostly because of the track limits. Go wide off track and gain a bunch of speed but risk penalty, dont go wide enough and the car can get loose over the sausage curb, stay within the white line and you are slower on the straight.

Edit: I agree with the mickey mouse chicane at catalunya as well, definitely not my favorite mostly because of the high curbs.

Last edited:
From worst to not quite the worst
1. Catalunya - Final chicane. Not just the worst corner in GTS, quite possibly the worst corner of a permanent circuit in motorsport.
2. BB Speedway - Turn 1. How to ruin what could have been a neat, quirky, little oval. Too flat, too tight, just bad.
3. Blue Moon Bay Road Course- Turns 6 & 7 / Double apex left. Too slow and awkward and not an opportunity to pass if you get a better run out of the previous hairpin.
4. Autopolis - Turn 8/off camber hairpin. I quite like Autopolis but I despise slow, off camber corners.
5. Interlagos - Juncao. Just like Autopolis above, but less so.

Final chicane at Catalunya wins by a country mile. The fact its downhill makes it even worse as you're fighting the car to try to turn partly back on yourself as well as fighting to get set for the second part of the chicane.

Back