The corner you dislike the most

• Thread starter bil coz
  • 92 comments
Spoon at Suzuka. I have never gotten that corner right. And I don't think I ever will.

Totally love the track, but this corner slows me down there so much, that I never satisfied with results. Every time every one is faster at this corner than me, and have no idea how to git gud even a little there.

Ok, Monza T1 on the first lap, because no ****er wants to share the tarmac. We can’t all fit through at the same time, you’ll have to wait your turn!
There’s a few first corners like that

Yeah, that one always makes me nervous as I'm approaching.

Nurburgring GP turn 2/3/4. link. I always have a hard time getting it right no matter how many videos i watch and try to perfect...but i also have not spent that much time...it just doesn't come naturally like most others haha.

Ok, Monza T1 on the first lap, because no ****er wants to share the tarmac. We can’t all fit through at the same time, you’ll have to wait your turn!
There’s a few first corners like that

edit: I dislike all first corners on the first lap! :D
Basically every corner in lower DR’s haha

Spoon at Suzuka. I have never gotten that corner right. And I don't think I ever will.

Totally love the track, but this corner slows me down there so much, that I never satisfied with results. Every time every one is faster at this corner than me, and have no idea how to git gud even a little there.

Treat it as two corners, take two apexes.

As you approach, use the rumble strip on your right to time your braking point. Clip the first apex, let the car drift out to the right, then turn into the second apex. I usually take the 2nd apex one gear lower than the first, I downshift as I turn into the 2nd apex. For that 2nd apex, you want to clip the apex late in the corner, so you can carry maximum speed onto the straight. Use every inch of legal space available on the corner exit.

Treat it as two corners, take two apexes.

As you approach, use the rumble strip on your right to time your braking point. Clip the first apex, let the car drift out to the right, then turn into the second apex. I usually take the 2nd apex one gear lower than the first, I downshift as I turn into the 2nd apex. For that 2nd apex, you want to clip the apex late in the corner, so you can carry maximum speed onto the straight. Use every inch of legal space available on the corner exit.
My issue is always the 2nd part of the turn. I struggle to get my entry speed right. I'm either too slow and I ruin my run down the straight, or too fast and not able to hit the apex, going wide at exit.

My issue is always the 2nd part of the turn. I struggle to get my entry speed right. I'm either too slow and I ruin my run down the straight, or too fast and not able to hit the apex, going wide at exit.
Are you trail braking as you turn into the 2nd apex?

I wonder why developers don’t include the motorbike/classic layout of Catalunya because they must know how bad and disliked that chicane is. It’s not just GTS however, PCars2 and F1 have the same problem (F1 is understandable but Codies have been including alternate layouts of F1 venues in recent games).

I try to. Just hasn't clicked for me yet I guess. Sucks because I love the rest of the track. It's just that one corner.
Overall it sounds like you’re doing it mostly right...without Video it’s hard to really tell. Just takes practice. It’s too bad Suzuka West isn’t in the game, you could practice that corner more frequently on that layout.

Spoon, and the cutting.

To be fair, with the cutting, it's not that I don't like it. I love everything about Bathurst. It's just the whole "get it an inch wrong, and you hit the wall" thing.

Turn 4 (Surtees) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix for me. Even though I don't seem to lose masses of time there in a race, it never feels like I'm getting it right.

At least it proves the realism of the game, because I feel exactly the same way when I've driven the track in real life. It's just one of those 'bogey' corners for me.

p78
Thought i was the only one lol

Nope, me too - and i will include the other 2 crappy little tracks at Willow Springs too (i know it's corner you dislike the most but i despise every single corner so much in that desert dump that i have to include it all as just one!)

Schwedenkreuz on nordschleife. Such a wild card and hard to get right under pressure
EDIT: I was gonna say usually my most hated corners become most loved after some time of practice :D

Last edited:
The last corner of Suzuka after the hairpin before you get onto the straights.

Also 130R always puzzled me... like you have to work out how far you can hang it out in 5th gear at over 250km/h? Nah...

Also Suzuka is my hardest track.

Turn 12 at Autopolis is my worst, feels too slow or if I go too fast I'm off

That's a pretty tricky corner, but I don't mind it as, if you get the entry right, you exit into the next left left with good momentum.

There are turns like that are tricky (Dragon Trail bus stop is another one) but still reasonably designed and feel like a "learning curve" to me, and there are turns that are just poorly designed such as that last chicane at Catalunya. Even if you take that chicane well, it still feels poorly designed, if that makes sense.

There's only one track i hate in GT Sport: Willow Springs. Two things burst me into rage with this track. The first one is that last corner. Yep, it's interesting, but the end of the corner and that camber just kills me eveytime. The only thing i could do is be slower than usual to get through.

The second thing is lack of visual cues. The offtrack that attracts you into moving sands if one inch of your wheel even bites... I really, really hate this track. I'm trying to learn and re-learn, but every hope of mastering the track disappear when that last corner arrives, and then the sand.

Spoon at Suzuka. The last off camber part before the straight. Every lap around this corner is a different story.
Last corner at Big Willow.

I hate all of Big Willow, with a special hatred for the area of turns 3 to 6, and the last turn.

I’m new to this game and trying to rack up single player experience (and credits) before hopping online and am stuck on getting Gold on both Mission Challenge Stage 2-4 and the Lap Attack on Circuit Experience, both using a Corvette C7 Gr. 3.

I’m going to have to watch replays or breakdowns of this track on YouTube or something because it’s driving me absolutely crazy and cannot seem to figure out how to be consistent on those turns I listed.

The first turn at brands, paddock hill bend, is one of my favourites. I did a track day there about 20 years ago, the instructor took me round at “touring car pace” we went a little bit sideways round paddock, scary but fun.

Ok, I'll ask. What is "touring car pace?"

The Chicane in the final sector at Catalunya. It’s the fugliest 2 corners in all of motor racing.

I despise that last chicane at Catalunya.

Interlagos as a whole I don't love. However, I got better at it last month when it was Race C.

Like all tricky corners, the issue is usually a fast approach with ambiguous graphics using bumper view/limited points of reference or both.

With an understeering car, you are restricted to slow-in / fast-out for the first part, so you want to be focused a bit beyond the outside kerbs when you are already entering it, approximately when your car is in the zone of the entry rumble strips on the right hand side.

With a neutral car that has good rotation, you can get away with fast-in / slow-out for the first part so that the exit of the first part and entry of the second part are combined into one as the setup allows you to exit on a nice tight line. This enables you to take massive speed on the way in to the first part without the danger of running wide and off the track, much like T1 - T2.

Tracks that I really hate are Willow Springs and Mount Panorama... I just can't seem to get most of these corners right... That last turn on Willow Springs kills it for me, and I'm glad I'm not the only one with problems in it.

I love Suzuka, my favourite track of all time, however I am yet to master spoon with any kind of car. 130r with low-downforce or road high speed cars is very tricky as well, it's no problem with F1 cars or with high downforce cars in general.

Turn 1 in Interlagos is also very hard to master, but I also like this track very much.

The Monza chicane and... soon (we all know it's coming)... turn 1 in Spa are the most hated corners for sure in Online and also Real Life racing. There's always drama in those two corners.

Back