The corner you dislike the most

  • Thread starter Thread starter bil coz
  • 92 comments
  • 4,963 views

bil coz

(Banned)
Messages
563
Thailand
Thailand
Messages
jojaicho
What are the worst corners in GT Sport?

I nominate the chicane before last turn at Yamagiwa.

Pretty sure I will never get a sense of satisfaction going through it ever, the rest of the lap is nice but this ruins it for me.
 
All of Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
The right-handed turn after you leave the docks at Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop. Super awkward blind turn, very hard to get it right. Since it seems like original circuits in GTSport don't have names for their turns, I will name it Shadow Realm.
 
mostly agree but getting turn1 right at brands hatch can be very enjoyable

I won't deny that. To be honest I have a love/hate relationship with Brands Turn 1; when you get it right it feels satisfying but when you get it wrong, it's just aggravating as hell.
 
NGK on the Nurburgring GP variant. Despite repeated evidence of it being a BLOODY ONE LINE CHICANE, it remains a corner you're 420% likely to get lunged at in anything short of a lobby of angels...
 
All of Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
The right-handed turn after you leave the docks at Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop. Super awkward blind turn, very hard to get it right. Since it seems like original circuits in GTSport don't have names for their turns, I will name it Shadow Realm.
the first right hander after coming back up from the hairpin is also a weird one.
 
Absolutley the 2nd (or 3rd if you count the chicane as two turns) in Interlagos. I can't ever seem to get it right.
It's only 90 degrees but goes downhill and missing it just a bit gives you penalties.
It's a very good place to overtake but the turn is quite tight so a lot of accidents happen there.

I've also disliked Turn #4 (Surtees i believe ) in Brands Hatch but I've managed to figure out how to do it properly.
I have a lot of issues with this tack, probably due to the fact that I haven't ever race there before GT Sport.

Also the Spoon Curve in Suzuka gives me a lot of trouble. But I just can't dislike this turn. I think that I just can't do it properly.
I mean you go in with high speed - also a nice overtaking point. If you don't cut it to the middle in the first part it's hard to stay on the outside.
Had a lot of spins there but I guess it's just my lack of skill - not the turn itself.

What bugs me most however are not the turns themselves - it's when people decide to pass you...
Like the 130R in Suzuka... You are going in 280/290 km/h, barley keeping it in the track when you are alone and yet some dumb-asses try to overtake you there... Like WTF? Try that in real life racing.
 
I'd have to say the final chicane at Spa...oh wait! :lol: Ok, turn 1 at Monza (Sport Mode) nuff said. Also I think it is Kallenhard at the Ring. where you carry a lot of speed up the hill to the slight left kink then have to brake hard for a sharp right. Very easy to mess up there if you misjudge your speed.
 
All of Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
The right-handed turn after you leave the docks at Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop. Super awkward blind turn, very hard to get it right. Since it seems like original circuits in GTSport don't have names for their turns, I will name it Shadow Realm.
I mostly drift that track, and that particular turn (with the red surface) gives a peculiar tyre sqeal.
 
p78
I mostly drift that track, and that particular turn (with the red surface) gives a peculiar tyre sqeal.
and looks awesome but takes a while to feel comfortable there
 
Basically Saint Croix and 50% of the turns in the Ring.

On the opposite, there isn't a turn I particularly dislike in Autopolis, but the track as a whole just feels like some randomly put together bunch of tracks with some straight sections just to close the loop.
 
Any corner in a road car when the understeer vibration effect kicks in!


:sly:
 
Arnage at Le Mans. It is the worst corner in all games.
 
Basically Saint Croix and 50% of the turns in the Ring.

On the opposite, there isn't a turn I particularly dislike in Autopolis, but the track as a whole just feels like some randomly put together bunch of tracks with some straight sections just to close the loop.

C'mon dude! Autopolis is a very cool track. Very technical tho... hard to get it all right. The first corner is a bit tricky.
 
Nurburgring 1 and 2 corner can´t learn them
 
Interlagos T1 is the worst corner by far. I don't know when to turn in, I can brake at the same points and I will end up in two different places most of the time. And after that you have the S and if you miss the apex in T2 you go wide, then go wide in T3 if you have a Gr3.
I also didn't like Arnage at Le Mans because you have to brake earlier than you think, but I've learned a bit.
 
C'mon dude! Autopolis is a very cool track. Very technical tho... hard to get it all right. The first corner is a bit tricky.

Love the first corner and, like I said, don't dislike any corner (love the long right to the left corner just before the start/finish straight), just feel like the just bunched corner after corner, I feel it has many too much alike corners to just a bit less than 3 miles of track.
 
Basically any sharp chicane after a long straight or high-speed section (Monza, Fuji, Nürburgring GP, etc.). To me it's just the laziest way to make something harder. Yeah and all of Interlagos. That track is zero fun.
 
Last edited:
Love the first corner and, like I said, don't dislike any corner (love the long right to the left corner just before the start/finish straight), just feel like the just bunched corner after corner, I feel it has many too much alike corners to just a bit less than 3 miles of track.
Autopolis has all the things a good track needs, fast corners, slow corners, tight corners, wide corners, chicane, although it's a short track:cheers:
 
Fuji, all of it. No clear edges, can't get a clear view of the apex nor sides in bumper cam and everyone seems to have a different idea of how to take the corners and what is part of the track.
 
Turn 1 at Interlagos. Been punted off the track too many times there to like it xD
 
Back