• Thread starter bil coz
  • 92 comments

bil coz

(Banned)
Thailand
Thailand
jojaicho
What are the worst corners in GT Sport?

I nominate the chicane before last turn at Yamagiwa.

Pretty sure I will never get a sense of satisfaction going through it ever, the rest of the lap is nice but this ruins it for me.

All of Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
The right-handed turn after you leave the docks at Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop. Super awkward blind turn, very hard to get it right. Since it seems like original circuits in GTSport don't have names for their turns, I will name it Shadow Realm.

NGK on the Nurburgring GP variant. Despite repeated evidence of it being a BLOODY ONE LINE CHICANE, it remains a corner you're 420% likely to get lunged at in anything short of a lobby of angels...

The right-handed turn after you leave the docks at Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop. Super awkward blind turn, very hard to get it right. Since it seems like original circuits in GTSport don't have names for their turns, I will name it Shadow Realm.
the first right hander after coming back up from the hairpin is also a weird one.

Absolutley the 2nd (or 3rd if you count the chicane as two turns) in Interlagos. I can't ever seem to get it right.
It's only 90 degrees but goes downhill and missing it just a bit gives you penalties.
It's a very good place to overtake but the turn is quite tight so a lot of accidents happen there.

I've also disliked Turn #4 (Surtees i believe ) in Brands Hatch but I've managed to figure out how to do it properly.
I have a lot of issues with this tack, probably due to the fact that I haven't ever race there before GT Sport.

Also the Spoon Curve in Suzuka gives me a lot of trouble. But I just can't dislike this turn. I think that I just can't do it properly.
I mean you go in with high speed - also a nice overtaking point. If you don't cut it to the middle in the first part it's hard to stay on the outside.
Had a lot of spins there but I guess it's just my lack of skill - not the turn itself.

What bugs me most however are not the turns themselves - it's when people decide to pass you...
Like the 130R in Suzuka... You are going in 280/290 km/h, barley keeping it in the track when you are alone and yet some dumb-asses try to overtake you there... Like WTF? Try that in real life racing.

I'd have to say the final chicane at Spa...oh wait! :lol: Ok, turn 1 at Monza (Sport Mode) nuff said. Also I think it is Kallenhard at the Ring. where you carry a lot of speed up the hill to the slight left kink then have to brake hard for a sharp right. Very easy to mess up there if you misjudge your speed.

I mostly drift that track, and that particular turn (with the red surface) gives a peculiar tyre sqeal.

Basically Saint Croix and 50% of the turns in the Ring.

On the opposite, there isn't a turn I particularly dislike in Autopolis, but the track as a whole just feels like some randomly put together bunch of tracks with some straight sections just to close the loop.

Any corner in a road car when the understeer vibration effect kicks in!

:sly:

Basically Saint Croix and 50% of the turns in the Ring.

On the opposite, there isn't a turn I particularly dislike in Autopolis, but the track as a whole just feels like some randomly put together bunch of tracks with some straight sections just to close the loop.

C'mon dude! Autopolis is a very cool track. Very technical tho... hard to get it all right. The first corner is a bit tricky.

Interlagos T1 is the worst corner by far. I don't know when to turn in, I can brake at the same points and I will end up in two different places most of the time. And after that you have the S and if you miss the apex in T2 you go wide, then go wide in T3 if you have a Gr3.
I also didn't like Arnage at Le Mans because you have to brake earlier than you think, but I've learned a bit.

C'mon dude! Autopolis is a very cool track. Very technical tho... hard to get it all right. The first corner is a bit tricky.

Love the first corner and, like I said, don't dislike any corner (love the long right to the left corner just before the start/finish straight), just feel like the just bunched corner after corner, I feel it has many too much alike corners to just a bit less than 3 miles of track.

Basically any sharp chicane after a long straight or high-speed section (Monza, Fuji, Nürburgring GP, etc.). To me it's just the laziest way to make something harder. Yeah and all of Interlagos. That track is zero fun.

Last edited:
Love the first corner and, like I said, don't dislike any corner (love the long right to the left corner just before the start/finish straight), just feel like the just bunched corner after corner, I feel it has many too much alike corners to just a bit less than 3 miles of track.
Autopolis has all the things a good track needs, fast corners, slow corners, tight corners, wide corners, chicane, although it's a short track:cheers:

Back