The Darts thread

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 292 comments
So I've got some news, there's a tournament starting tomorrow night on Sky called the Dubai Duty Free Masters, its a two day, eight man competition open to the Top eight in the World only with the Top four seeded, quarter finals on tomorrow with the semis and final Friday night...here is the draw

Lewis v Van Barneveld
Whitlock v Chisnall
Taylor v Wright
Van Gerwen v Wade
First to 10 Legs

Semi finals and final is best of 21 legs, £50,000 to the winner, on Sky from 5pm (8pm Dubai time) both nights..

That's awesome, Darts going to new countries and getting exposure. I can remember when they used have a tournament at Las Vegas, miss that tournament. :)

Its actually the second time they have been to Dubai, it on TV now..

Results from tonight

Lewis 10-5 Van Barneveld
Whitlock 8-10 Chisnall
Taylor 5-10 Wright
Van Gerwen 10-9 Wade

Great nights action, another no show from Taylor and Wade proving what a ridiculous decision it was to drop him from the Premier League this season, he was fantastic and pushed MVG all the way....semi finals is MVG v Lewis and Wright v Chisnall..

Van Gerwen won the tournament for the second year running after beating Wright 11-7 in the final

...next Darts on TV is the World Cup of Darts starting Friday afternoon..

World Cup of Darts starts tomorrow at 1pm, its a 32 team tournament with two players for each country, third time competition has took place with England winning the first two (England World Cup winners, fancy that!) they will be represented by Taylor and Lewis again, two day tournament finishing on Sunday night..

The Netherland won the World Cup after crushing reigning champs England three points to nil in the final, fantastic tournament with great darts!

Vincent Van Der Voort, Van Der Voort, Vincent Van Der Voort nun nun nun nun nun nun nun nun na Vincent Van Der Voort Van Der Voort Vincent Van Der Voort............no idea if he played just felt the urge.:D

Nope, Van Gerwen and Van Barneveld, but that has put a smile on my face!

So its been a bit quiet on the Darts front lately with the players taking a mid-season break, there were a few smaller tour tournaments taking place, like the Gibraltar Open which was won by James Wade for example, but the players will be back in full swing on Saturday Night when the World Matchplay starts, its a nine day tournament which is considered second to the World Championship, should be good!

So far in the first round, Taylor, Van Gerwen and Barnet all through comfortably, two seeded players out...Pipe and Thornton out, Lewis and Wright on tonight, Wright is up against Stephen Bunting, which will be a good match!

So the final of the World Matchplay is on tonight with Van Gerwen v Taylor and what a match that promises to be!

Taylor wins 18-9, his 15th World Matchplay title and his 8th consecutive title!

Last edited:
Darts is back on Sky next week with the World Grand Prix live from Monday night....

So the World Championship starts on December 18th and Sky will have a whole channel dedicated to it, Sky Sports 4 will become Sky Sports Darts for the duration of the tournament..

I watched the Players Championship Finals on ITV4 this weekend - entertaining stuff, although I usually only watch the Lakeside tournament when it is on. It's inspired me to think about getting a dartboard and setting it up in my new flat... I could put it in the hallway :lol:

I watched bits of that over the weekend and it was good, happy for Anderson that he won it, draw for the World Championship takes place tomorrow...

Anderson had a hell of a draw for the PCF as far as I could see... his match against Phil Taylor was epic. In one 5-game session yesterday, Anderson won 4-1 to take control of the match, but both players were scoring exceptionally well... Anderson apparently had a 3-dart average of 119 in that 5-game session, while Taylor hit 120 :eek: Unbelievable!

I watched the Players Championship Finals on ITV4 this weekend - entertaining stuff, although I usually only watch the Lakeside tournament when it is on. It's inspired me to think about getting a dartboard and setting it up in my new flat... I could put it in the hallway :lol:

The PDC is so much better than the BDO.

I wouldn't say the PDC is so much better that the BDO as there are some great players in the BDO but the standard is a lot higher, and only watching BDO and not PDC darts is a bit like only watching Championship football and not Premier league...

So then the draw for the first round of the World Championship was made this afternoon, and here it is..

Kim Huybrects (18) v Michael Mansell
Dave Chisnall (8) v Ryan De Vreede
Raymond Van Barneveld (14) v Rowby-John Rodriguez
Dean Winstanley (26) v Wayne Jones
Mark Webster (31) v Ron Meulenkamp
John Part (30) v Keegan Brown
Paul Nicholson (25) v Benito Van De Pas
Jamie Caven (19) v Jason Hogg
Andy Smith (28) v Ronny Huybrects
Jelle Klaasen (29) v Christian Kist
Andy Hamilton (12) v Dave Richardson
Adrian Lewis (3) v Dave Pallett
Gary Anderson (4) v Mark McGrath or Scott Kirchner
Terry Jenkins (16) v John Weber
Vincent Van Der Voort (23) v John Henderson
Robert Thornton (9) v Andrew Gilding
Simon Whitlock (7) v Darren Webster
Peter Wright (5) v Gerwyn Price
James Wade (6) v Jamie Lewis
Justin Pipe (17) v Lawrence Ryder
Steve Beaton (21) v Kyle Anderson
Steve Kellett (32) v Kim Viljanen or Sascha Stein
Michael Smith (22) v Mensur Suljovic
Brendon Dolan (11) v Nolan Arendse or Alex Hon
Steven Bunting (27) v Jermaine Wattimena or Robert Marijanovic
Phil Taylor (2) v Jyhan Artut
Mervyn King (10) v Max Hopp
Wes Newton (13) v Cristian Perez or Cristo Reyes
Michael Van Gerwen (1) v Joe Cullen
Ronnie Baxter (24) v Scott McKenzie or Daryl Gurney
Ian White (15) v Jani Haavisto or John Michael
Kevin Painter (20) v Boris Koltsov or Haruki Muramatsu

Tournament starts at 7pm on Thursday December 18th on Sky Sports 3 which will become Sky Sports Darts on the day of the tournament, Richie Burnett pulled out last night due to personal reasons, no-one really knows what they are but I wish him well whatever happens..

So I popped into Argos on my way home this evening, and drilled my first holes in the walls of my new flat... :D

5onDrDt.jpg
YqcZ1up.jpg

v2J9Mzl.jpg

Cheers! :cheers:

I've already missed the entire board/surround twice, and a dart has already gone into my laminate flooring, so I think I might need to use a mat and/or put up some cork board behind the board :lol:

I didn't realise how utterly gash I am at darts... I played a year or so ago in the student's union and, after a few pints anyway, I could hit a double after 5-10 attempts, and occasionally got one first time. This evening, however, I'm struggling to play Round The Clock. That said, I did just do a celebration dance after hitting three numbers in a row... I think I'm a bit nervous about hitting the wall!! I need ALOT of practice. And a beer.

Will miss some of it tomorrow as I'm working till half eight but not working for a few days after so it will have my undivided attention then, fancy the usual Taylor MVG and Lewis to dominate but I think Stephen Bunting is the dark horse and unseeded Keegan Brown could make a few headlines.

Hopefully will have a few friends to talk about it! :lol:

Results so far on this first night of the Worlds...

John Part 2-3 Keegan Brown
Jelle Klaasen 3-1 Christian Kist
Michael Van Gerwen 3-1 Joe Cullen

Wes Newton v Cristo Reyes on now, Van Gerwen didn't play well and was given a bit of a scare by Cullen....

two more seeds go out with Andy Smith and Justin pipe crashing out in the first round, Anderson, Whitlock and Terry Jenkins play tonight..

So the World Championship is starting to come to a close with the Quarter Finals starting tomorrow, been a great tournament so far with lots of drama and upsets and a nine darter from Adrian Lewis last night, here's the Quarter final line up

Michael Van Gerwen v Robert Thornton
Peter Wright v Gary Anderson
Phil Taylor v Vincent Van Der Voort
Raymond Van Barneveld v Steven Bunting

Semi Final takes place Saturday with the Final Sunday...

Back