The Darts thread

• Thread starter MUSC4EVER
  • 292 comments
I managed to catch the end of the final - it was 4-4 when I got home so I saw all the good stuff... I thought Anderson had blown it when Taylor got back to 6-6, but his final set was very impressive indeed, and all in all I reckon he was a deserved winner. Will catch some of the BDO tournament, but it is definitely less interesting than the PDC...

So happy for Anderson that he won and he deserved it after some shocking luck during the final, how about that 180 that ended up on the floor?! never seen that before!

@Liquid you need to see the final if you can, it was fantastic!

I just did a psychological experiment and was really pretty astonished by the result...

You know when you aim for the 20 and always hit the 5 or the 1 (the numbers next to the 20), so you think to yourself that you should aim for the 5 in the hope that you will actually hit the 20... but it never happens?

Well, I just threw 12 darts... the first set of three I aimed for the 20. First dart hit the 5, and none hit the 20. Second three darts I aimed for the 5... first dart hit the 20, and none hit the 5. Third set I aimed for the 5, hoping to hit the 20. First dart hit the 5, and none hit the 20. Last set I aimed for the 20, hoping to hit the 5. First dart hit the 20, and none hit the 5.

I suppose this proves nothing other than I'm pretty good at hitting the number next to the one I want to hit.

The BDO World Championship final is on now, Martin Adams v Scott Mitchell..

New season of the Premier League starts tomorrow night in Leeds, Van Barneveld v Lewis and Anderson v Taylor the pick of the first round of matches....

Lets give this another go then, one of the most prestigious tournaments in all of Darts, The World Matchplay, starts on Saturday live on Sky from Blackpool's Winter Garden..

Well might be worth another go, lets see what happens...

The biggest tournament in all of Darts, the PDC World Championship, starts on Thursday night from 7pm on Sky Sports Darts....

The Evans-Whitlock match last night was a good one. I turned on with Whitlock up 2-0 in sets and 2-0 in legs only for Evans to come back and win. He almost won it on a Bull, Bull, D16 checkout, but missed the double. Ended up 6-4 in the 3rd set.

WHOA, SOMEONE REPLIED!!!!!!, ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

.....and ill calm down now :lol:

It was a great match last night, easily match of the tournament thus far and well done to Ricky Evans and I've heard another seed has gone out in the first round in Andy Hamilton getting beaten by Joe Murnan, didn't see it though...

WHOA, SOMEONE REPLIED!!!!!!, ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

.....and ill calm down now :lol:

It was a great match last night, easily match of the tournament thus far and well done to Ricky Evans and I've heard another seed has gone out in the first round in Andy Hamilton getting beaten by Joe Murnan, didn't see it though...
You looked lonely talking to yourself :D

Edit: Wow, I have never seen a dartist play as slowly as this Russian guy.

Last edited:
Robert Thornton and James Wade start their tournaments tonight with Dave Chisnall and Adrian Lewis tomorrow night, Wade is now being mentored by Eric Bristow.

Van Barneveld has just knocked out MVG in the last 16 in one of the best matches I have ever seen, 3-4, unbelievable scenes at the Ally Pally, tournament wide open now the World number one is out....

So we have our two finalists, its defending champ Gary Anderson against Adrian Lewis, Anderson was amazing in his semi final against Jelle Klaasen and hit a nine-darter in the first set on his way to a 6-0 whitewash, Lewis looked great racing to a 0-5 lead but Barney threatened one of his now famous comebacks to get it to 3-5 but Lewis never looked like losing and won 3-6...

Both players have been superb all tournament and Anderson has lost just two sets in five matches, going to be an epic match tomorrow night, from 6.30pm.....

This has been the best world championship I've ever seen. I thought only MVG could beat Lewis but the way Anderson played last night I really have no idea what will happen. However I'll have a prediction of 7-5 to Lewis.

Looking forward to later, and to when they announce the Premier league participants for next month, which they usually announce at this stage of the tournament.

Massive congratulations to Gary Anderson, he beat Lewis 5-7 to win he second consecutive World Championship, It wasn't the epic that everyone thought it would be but it was still pretty great, highlight was Anderson 170 checkout towards the end of the match which also saw 34 180's, a new World record in any darts match.

I was half right with my prediction 💡
Anderson played well enough but Lewis was just missing the crucial doubles which cost him I thought.
I'm a bit puzzled at Bunting missing out on the pl but I'm happy Smith is in there and they couldn't ignore Thornton after he won the grand prix. I would have dropped Wade but he is a big name and it's all commercial really. Looking forward to it nonetheless and there's a tournament on itv in the next couple of weeks as well.

I watched about half of it - I thought it was a high quality, if not exciting match. As @adamp93 said, a few missed doubles from Lewis though.
Such a difference in quality to the BDO match I caught on BBC on Saturday afternoon - about 10 180's across 5 sets, and about a dozen instances of darts bouncing off the board.

Such a difference in quality to the BDO match I caught on BBC on Saturday afternoon - about 10 180's across 5 sets, and about a dozen instances of darts bouncing off the board.
Lewis had a few bounce outs as well. The funniest thing I saw in the BDO was a guy on 25 and he missed the single 9, hit 14 and then missed the single 3 to bust it hitting 19.

I remember seeing one, but when it happened everyone looked a bit surprised. But in the BDO, it was more frequent than a 180. So many missed doubles in the BDO - I actually saw a guy win a leg with D1.

Double 1s are hit in the pdc, although in the final it was only when Anderson miscounted and thought he was on 5 not 15.

Full list of Premier League participants

Top Four

Michael Van Gerwen
Gary Anderson
Adrian Lewis
Phil Taylor

PDC Wildcards

Peter Wright
James Wade
Robert Thornton
Michael Smith

Sky Sports Wildcards

Raymond Van Barneveld
Dave Chisnall

Looks good to me, maybe Jelle Klaasen deserves to be there but who would you take out?!, Smith making his debut whereas Thornton returns, Huybrechts and Bunting miss out from last year, Wade does deserve to be there IMO.

The final of the BDO World Championship is on a bit later, between Scott Waites and Canada's Jeff Smith this year, on from 5pm on BBC Two and BT Sport 1.

Premier League starts tonight in Leeds!

Gary Anderson unable to take part because of illness, which is a shame as he was due to play Van Gerwen, Micheal Smith to play twice tonight, on his PL debut!

Premier League Play-offs are tonight, Van Gerwen v Lewis and Taylor v Anderson with the final after, looks a great line-up, live on Sky Sports 1 from the O2 Arena from 7pm.

Going to give this thread another go, the first round of the upcoming PDC World Championship was drawn earlier, if anyone else posts i will post the full draw up...

I don't see mvg getting beaten, he's unstoppable when he's in his current mood. Would love a Peter Wright win.

Back