The Earth is Flat?

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 1,439 comments
I think you're overestimating how much FE pay attention to reality and actually try to explain it.

Forgot to respond to this.

But maybe I am. But you can't just push away decades of established science without data. Like for example, Plate Tectonics doesn't work on a flat earth. There isn't a mechanism to power their movement... One could argue that they simply don't move, but where do earthquakes come from then? The view is so flawed and incorrect that one must wonder why they think it's the truth.

Dinosaur fossils were planted by satan. But if they did exist, it was not millions and millions of years ago, but they died in the great flood, because the arc didnt have room for them.

Ugh, @PocketZeven I hate the Noah's ark idea. Can you imagine how big a boat would have to be to house two of every species? Do y'all have any idea how many species of beetles exist alone?:lol::lol::lol:

double post

I would wager that any large cruise liner could do it since the overwhelming majority of animal species are smaller than humans and weigh next to nothing. Getting all of them to get on in such cramped conditions is another thing altogether..

But maybe I am. But you can't just push away decades of established science without data. Like for example, Plate Tectonics doesn't work on a flat earth. There isn't a mechanism to power their movement... One could argue that they simply don't move, but where do earthquakes come from then? The view is so flawed and incorrect that one must wonder why they think it's the truth.

I reckon the most popular answer to your questions are either acts of god or Satan. I think its unbelievable that after thousands of years there is a large population that still believe earth was created by god. Even with the advancements in science. They also believe every word written in a book, that was written by a group of human beings (who werent there at the creation) as facts of life. It is like believing everything in the Simarillian as fact, although it was written as fiction by a human being.

The best way to understand FE is to experience the mindset and spin every explanation to make sure you are right. And if you dont know the answer it is either God or Satan or a conspiracy by a secret society/government. Try it for a day. It will open you eyes to a much more simple and carefree view on life. I am partially an atheist, but really envy religious people, because their life has way less questions then when you are an atheist. But I hardly can make myself believe in a god or gods rationally.

Last edited:
I would wager that any large cruise liner could do it since the overwhelming majority of animal species are smaller than humans and weigh next to nothing. Getting all of them to get on in such cramped conditions is another thing altogether..
8.7 million species are likely to exist. No one now (and no one 2000 years ago could have ever been able to round up 17.4 million critters (remember two of each) and put them all on a single boat without any of them dying. You're telling me, we rounded up all the penguins and seals in Antarctica 2000 years ago? Wow, that is an accomplishment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/30/science/30species.html

It's not just like "Elephants" and "Giraffes", there are numerous species in these groups. Here is a list of all of the different species of elephants alone. That means two of each of them.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_elephant_species. You can do this for all the animal groups. No one could ever build a boat 2000 years ago to support such a weight which 8.7 million species on the planet.

And you're telling me the lions didn't try to eat anybody? And what did the aquatic creatures do on a boat? How did the coral reefs survive? They are sensitive to change, and a "worldly flood" would have killed them off. They can't just chill on a boat.

Did Noah scoop up all the plants and species of bacteria too? Why didn't he leave the mosquitoes and other critters which can cause disease to humans behind?

8.7 million species are likely to exist. No one now (and no one 2000 years ago could have ever been able to round up 17.4 million critters (remember two of each) and put them all on a single boat without any of them dying. You're telling me, we rounded up all the penguins and seals in Antarctica 2000 years ago? Wow, that is an accomplishment.

It's not just like "Elephants" and "Giraffes", there are numerous species in these groups. Here is a list of all of the different species of elephants alone. That means two of each of them.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_elephant_species. You can do this for all the animal groups. No one could ever build a boat 2000 years ago to support such a weight which 8.7 million species on the planet.

And you're telling me the lions didn't try to eat anybody? And what did the aquatic creatures do on a boat? How did the coral reefs survive? They are sensitive to change, and a "worldly flood" would have killed them off. They can't just chill on a boat.

Did Noah scoop up all the plants and species of bacteria too? Why didn't he leave the mosquitoes and other critters which can cause disease to humans behind?
Just God.

Save yourself a headache and time. Dont try to explain the rational to irrational thought or people. Remember they can only give irrational answers. The most popular i read was that the bible says "you shall bring two of every kind" and not species. So they didnt take every species, but 2 of every belonging to the same family of species. The other one was that it was a miracle of god.

I reckon the most popular answer to your questions are either acts of god or Satan. I think its unbelievable that after thousands of years there is a large population that still believe earth was created by god. Even with the advancements in science. They also believe every word written in a book, that was written by a group of human beings (who werent there at the creation) as facts of life. It is like believing everything in the Simarillian as fact, although it was written as fiction by a human being.

The best way to understand FE is to experience the mindset and spin every explanation to make sure you are right. And if you dont know the answer it is either God or Satan or a conspiracy by a secret society/government. Try it for a day. It will open you eyes to a much more simple and carefree view on life. I am partially an atheist, but really envy religious people, because their life has way less questions then when you are an atheist. But I hardly can make myself believe in a god or gods rationally.

If only things would be so simple.
It's kind of a "can't unsee it when you saw it".

On the other hand I allways ask myself the question (one I struggle with a lot) how can they not see it instead of why can't I be just as ignorant.

I sometimes wonder of there aren't 2 sort of humans. I and a friend of mine struggle with depressions from time to time. And we have friends who don't. The thing both of us have in common is we ask 'why'. Our friends who don't have these issues don't.

Which makes us ask 'why don't they find the 'why' question as important'.

If only things would be so simple.
It's kind of a "can't unsee it when you saw it".

On the other hand I allways ask myself the question (one I struggle with a lot) how can they not see it instead of why can't I be just as ignorant.

I sometimes wonder of there aren't 2 sort of humans. I and a friend of mine struggle with depressions from time to time. And we have friends who don't. The thing both of us have in common is we ask 'why'. Our friends who don't have these issues don't.

Which makes us ask 'why don't they find the 'why' question as important'.

I guess "ignarance is bliss" is quite true. I struggle with depression also once in a while. And like you I tend to overthink. Perhaps that is why some people turn to god to get out of depression? Believing you are not master of your destiny and god is almighty makes life much and much easier to live in.

Are those "other" friends perhaps religious?

I guess "ignarance is bliss" is quite true. I struggle with depression also once in a while. And like you I tend to overthink. Perhaps that is why some people turn to god to get out of depression? Believing you are not master of your destiny and god is almighty makes life much and much easier to live in.

Are those "other" friends perhaps religious?

No they aren't. They're all atheists they just seem to don't care or just accept the world we live in is a bit of a mess. I've wondered how they do that, their answer: you just have to not care about that stuff.

Edit: if susceptable to the idea of religion I think this is a viable way out of depression. I also think it kill the person you are/we're and thus does more harm then good.

No they aren't. They're all atheists they just seem to don't care or just accept the world we live in is a bit of a mess. I've wondered how they do that, their answer: you just have to not care about that stuff.

Carpe diem I guess.

On the flip side imagine yourself being a conspiracy theorist and FE. Imagine how paranoid you might become.

They do just ignore decades of science though unfortunately, they don't think like normal people. Anything that goes against the Earth being flat they either, make up an answer that doesn't remotely stand up to scrutiny, ignore it, or say "that's the way god made it". Geological problems with the FE model are also only the tip of the iceberg, a great video series that covers some of the geographical and astronomical issues is here;

The one for geocentrism is quite good as well.

Creationists are another great example of this sort of "thinking".

I only said you could probably build a boat large enough to fit two of every creature on it. I didn't say anything about the logistics of gathering them all in one place, or preventing them from attacking each other, or preventing the winged animals from trying to escape.

The most popular i read was that the bible says "you shall bring two of every kind" and not species.
When I read it it did say "kind" but also said fourteen of every ritually clean animal and two each of every unclean animal.

m6j8i.jpg

My favourite account is by Lee Perry and The Congos who were so stoned they thought everything fitted into the Ark Of The Covenant along with various members of royalty, the priesthood and the military. Cracking tune though :lol:

Last edited:

The Flood of the holly bibble was around 2,400 BCE so that's four-and-a-half-thousand years ago. Rather than worry about which species (or numbers thereof) Noah collected you could probably start with him being 600 years old. In other versions of the story (eg the Qu'uran) Noah only loads the animals from his household (or hearth). The story actually goes back a lot further than it's christianical appropriation, there's even a good Zoroastrian version of it.

It's best to look at bibbular stories in their context as culturally appropriated/reworked folk stories to get people interested in a new faith. The Romans were particularly good at that and unsurprisingly the leftovers of the Holy Roman Empire still demonstrate that in their godly writings-down today.

I only said you could probably build a boat large enough to fit two of every creature on it. I didn't say anything about the logistics of gathering them all in one place, or preventing them from attacking each other, or preventing the winged animals from trying to escape.

Consider the suggestion that the catastrophic flood story is only a distant legend, an amnesiac's allegory, but based on an event or series of events that are real.

For example, firstly we now know that 90% of all animal life including humans has an mtDNA that goes back no further that 200,00 years and possibly as few as 100,000 years. This may imply that maybe only a single female (or a single small generation) of these species survived a global cataclysm. So there is a provenance in reality for the idea of a multiple handfuls of formerly large populations surviving a global catastrophe.

Also there is solid evidence for massive flooding events at the close of the Younger Dryas, about 9600 BC. The world ocean rose ~400 feet, flooding coastal areas everywhere. This IMHO may actually be the event(s) which inspired global legends of a great flood at the dawn of our present civilization.

teh holly bibble
FTFY.

;)

Rather than worry about which species (or numbers thereof) Noah collected you could probably start with him being 600 years old.
Sure, sure, but...

Theses anomalous ages may potentially be accounted for by the explanation that these patriarchs were an advanced alien species which mated with humans.
...so there.

:lol:

...so there.

:lol:
You took that remark completely out of context, buster, and you know it. Either you are intentionally provocative, or you are a :dunce:. As a fellow Texan, I may have to ask you to come out behind the barn and settle the complaint I have against you the old-fashioned way.

Below is a handy-dandy list of pre-flood characters in the Bible story of Genesis (which is of course based on older Mesopotamian texts).
Theses anomalous ages may potentially be accounted for by the explanation that these patriarchs were an advanced alien species which mated with humans. Odds are, it's all hooey. But it's possible, according to Dawkins, though he won't put a number on the exact odds or likelihood.

Patriarch Age Bible reference
1 Adam 930 Genesis 5:4
2 Seth 912 Genesis 5:8
3 Enosh 905 Genesis 5:11
4 Cainan 910 Genesis 5:14
5 Mahalalel 895 Genesis 5:17
6 Jared 962 Genesis 5:20
7 Enoch 365 (translated) Genesis 5:23
8 Methuselah 969 Genesis 5:27
9 Lamech 777 Genesis 5:31
10 Noah 950 Genesis 9:29
11 Shem 600 Genesis 11:10–11
12 Arphaxad 438 Genesis 11:12–13
13 Shelah 433 Genesis 11:14–15
14 Eber 464 Genesis 11:16–17
15 Peleg 239 Genesis 11:18–19
16 Reu 239 Genesis 11:20–21
17 Serug 230 Genesis 11:22–23
18 Nahor 148 Genesis 11:24–25
19 Terah 205 Genesis 11:32
20 Abram (Abraham) 175 Genesis 25:7
21 Isaac 180 Genesis 35:28–29
22 Jacob (Israel)
Table 1. Ages of the Patriarchs from Adam to Jacob

Last edited:
I may have to ask you to come out behind the barn and settle the complaint I have against you the old-fashioned way.
By quoting our own posts? I'm game...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/do-you-believe-in-god.111312/page-698#post-12196027

it's possible, according to Dawkins
You mean according to what was coaxed out of him and that he was clearly not comfortable committing to? Yeah, it's possible.

Dawkins...? Dawkins...? Dawkins...? Dawkins...? Dawkins...? Dawkins...? Dawkins...? Dawkins...? Dawkins...? Dawkins...? Dawkins...?

Odds are, it's all hooey.
This.
--------------------------------------------

You took that remark completely out of context, buster, and you know it.
Except I didn't really. The quoted portion was a remark in response to the notion of ages of certain biblical figures, and I employed it as a response to the notion of ages of certain biblical figures.

Either you are intentionally provocative--
IlliterateCheeryKingfisher-max-1mb.gif

Not gonna bother viewing it as I don't want to give them views. But that sure is weird...

I just really want to know how mountains are created on a flat Earth. I can't fathom how any significant topography would be created without moving continents...
Just wanna let you all know, if you dont watch the end of the video, YT doesnt count the view. You can watch all the way up to the last 10 seconds a thousand times and it won't count. You can also start it, immediately skip to the end and it will count. I generally cant make it much past a minute or two of them myself, but I just thought I would share.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back