The Earth is Flat?

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 1,439 comments
Puzzling answer, considering that it is perfectly possible to be round and flat.
Definitely! The social media representative of a group as prestigious as the Flat Earth Society being unable to differentiate between "round" and "spherical" calls into question the views of the group as a whole.

All the flat earthers should learn how to "astral project". When they do and leave their body, they can go in outer space and observe our precious planet from a distance.

God works in mysterious ways.

*Mumbles angrily*

On an unrelated note...:lol:
2b67bb22f798ead7f928faa2121f54c7792d6bac5c801756f2d0acb6df2f8787_1.jpg

I decided to start my own school of geodesy, because ignoring thousands of years of science and philosophy sounds like fun. Here is what I made up:

The Earth is actually a tetrahedron. Evidence? It’s the only* explanation for the natural occurrences of peaks and valleys.

Mountains and valleys
You can draw a single straight line from a peak down to the valley and up to the next peak again. It will only appear curved due to the bending of space time caused by the gravity well, which was proven by Einstein. It’s also a fact that there are only four original peaks and valleys on the surface of Earth. Every other “mountain” or “valley” is man-made by the international conspiracy to try to hide the true-truth from us.

The orbit of spacecrafts
The reason why spacecrafts need to get up above a certain altitude is to avoid colliding with one of the four peaks. Atmospheric drag is a hoax they came up with as a bogus excuse. The Karman line merely describes the radius of an imaginary sphere that touches the endpoints of all four peaks.

Tetra-Pak
Rausing384_147506a.jpg

When engineers in Sweden experimented with spherical food packaging in the 1940’s (while the rest of the world was busy fighting some kind of war) they found that the packages after a while spontaneously collapsed into the shape of a tetrahedron. After further investigation they realised that the tetrahedron is simply the relaxed state of the sphere and that spheres cannot occur naturally. By making their packaging tetrahedrons they could save a lot of energy from production and this gave them a huge profit.

But what about soap bubbles? They are spherical!
Soap bubbles are clearly man-made. They also burst after a while, proving that the sphere is inherently unstable.

The sinking of the Titanic
The Titanic was famously designed to be unsinkable. The probability of such a ship sinking on its maiden voyage is <0.01. What actually happened is a well hidden secret. The Titanic did not collide with an iceberg, it collided with one of the four original peaks. These waters are usually restricted to military vessels only, but the Titanic attempted a shortcut to set a new record time across the Atlantic. The ship was damaged in the collision, but could have made it safely to port. The distress signal however was intercepted by a vessel patrolling the area and in order to keep the secret of the tetrahedral Earth, it was decided that the ship had to be sunk along with all the witnesses. The Titanic was towed to a different location and then a number of explosive charges along the hull were set off and down she went. Hundreds of body doubles were employed as “survivors” and a massive media campaign was launched to promote the iceberg story, a campaign that continues to run until this day.

The Bermuda Triangle
Kind of self explanatory. No wonder why planes and ships go missing there. They collide with the peak. Which has the shape of... that’s right, a triangle!

If you ignore any other explanation.

:D

Last edited:
I was on Youtube and this video came up on the recommendations and I thought this would be the best place to post it

And another one

I was on Youtube and this video came up on the recommendations and I thought this would be the best place to post it

And another one

In resonse to this.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity how long has “the flat Earth” been a thing?
Surprisingly, much longer than "the spherical Earth". Because it's really hard for a human being to grasp how we're living on a gigantic ball that moves in outer space with high velocity and how we don't fall off of it because that's how physics work.

Also, I personally find the official scientific explanation of gravity much more understandable. If in case with spherical Earth, everything falls down onto the planet due to how massive Earth is, in case with flat Earth everything is falling down because...
yZggz66.png

If in case with spherical Earth, everything falls down onto the planet due to how massive Earth is, in case with flat Earth everything is falling down because...
yZggz66.png
They're attracted to the mass of the giant elephants and space turtle the disc rests on the back of. :lol:

Last edited:
Too bad we have already proven that the earth is not flat and that all the jokes are used up. This thread had the potential to become hilarious for many, many years to come.

Also, I personally find the official scientific explanation of gravity much more understandable. If in case with spherical Earth, everything falls down onto the planet due to how massive Earth is, in case with flat Earth everything is falling down because...
yZggz66.png

To be fair, saying that gravity works because stuff is attracted to other stuff is not exactly that much better than "because I said so". It's an explanation, but hardly one that would be meaningful to any entity that hadn't grown up with decades of experience of gravity functioning as it does.

I mean, if I say that magnetism works because north poles are attracted to south poles, that's technically correct but you're no wiser as to what's actually going on than if I'd given you a pair of bar magnets and let you play for five minutes.

Out of curiosity how long has “the flat Earth” been a thing?

It’s actually a very recent theory, formed in the 1800’s when some guy thought he had found evidence that there’s no curvature of the Earth (they were measuring the curvature along a canal, but didn’t know that light could be bent by the atmosphere, which means that they could see much further than they had calculated that they would given the curvature of the Earth).

Following this discovery, he decided to abandon a few thousands years worth of knowledge and start over with a new theory: the flat earth theory. And came up with a lot of ridiculous stuff to try to prove it.

Edit: Some links:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_Level_experiment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Rowbotham

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have no idea what they're teaching kids in Georgia but I hope this is some kind of publicity stunt.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article182578611.html

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

“They say slavery lasted 400 yrs... America is only 250 yrs old... You ever seen a slave ship? They can find a billion year old dinosaur bone but can’t find any slave ships.”

1. Slavery can exist before America is it's only country. I have not idea why he does not think it can...

2. There are no dinosaur "bones" that are a billion years old. There are no dinosaur fossils of this age either.

3. This is what is wrong with America. Freedom of speech is a great thing, but I hate when it is used to say erroneous, ludicrous thoughts by someone who clearly has no education or formal training on a subject.

Back