THE EMO THREAD: Epic Rage & Crying Thread

• Thread starter eastley
  • 964 comments
Let's begin my rant:

I've been looking for a green FTO Touring car ever since GT3... and guess what... after all these years I haven't found it yet :nervous:... in GT3 & GT4 I didn't got it, and during the duping era I tried desperately to get it :scared:... but none of the dupers wanted my cars :crazy: There was a point when trading was so difficult for me because of that "0 miles, 0 switch" cars thing... I barely got my Sepanblau R8 LMS Race car because of that... :ill: I almost had to beg to get some of the cars I had in my garage... especially for the last ones I got before the 1M Cr. limit... And yet... I couldn't get the ONE I've been waiting to have for sooo many years... :nervous:

I would trade half of my current credits in the game for it... (about 7-7.5 million)... seriously, I want that car a lot :(

End rant.

It was good to take that out of my chest... :)

I hate it when a race room self-destructs. Today I found a completely epic Cops & Robbers room, where I got to show off my modded 135i & SSR (both of which wowed the other drivers). The atmosphere was friendly, the racing was fun, and it was long-lived enough that I was able to find it again later. And all the time I was there, I only heard ONE swear word on the mic 👍

Shortly after I returned, the host left and everyone got kicked out. I dun like Fixed Host Status.

Well, yes, but it's the way you express that anticipation. Some people approach it with enthusiasm. Others with a toxic cocktail of rage and frustration, which is totally uncalled-for. Kazunori Yamauchi is a notorious perfectionist, and the game will not be released untl he says it's ready. And given his reputation for producing - particularly within the Gran Turismo franchise - games of a consistently remarkable quality, Sony will not pressure him. If he says he needs to delay the game by a month or two, Sony will trust him because they know he will deliver. If Kaz delays the game, you can bet it's because he wants to be absolutely sure that it is perfect. I for one would be totally willing to wait an extra six months for a game for that very reason. Kaz delays the game to make it better, which is why childish remarks about release dates and its position in the E3 line-up disgust me. Deep down, I know that each and every person would rather wait to play a perfect game than to get their hands on an incomplete version now. But some people are just too bloody impatient and intolerant for their own good, and as a result, they drag the rest of the forum down with their petty gripes.

I love GT5 and I agree with all except being "absolutely sure GT5 is perfect" and "consistently remarkable quality"(The graphics and physics are but the other aspects are lagging behind).I don't care about the release date too much but the hype and anticipation of what we've come to expect nowadays is what gets me.For me GT5 is underwhelming as a game(just imo) relative to all the awesome trailers,etc,but still good fun nontheless.

Ummm, who cares about a Suzuki Swift? That car is nothing but an unsafe, ugly, miserable, powerless piece of garbage. Ooops, did i type that out loud?

tumblr_lai4k4a9wG1qe0eclo1_500.gif

Coooool - a rage thread...

At last, something useful at GTP...

Hmmmm, where does one begin..

(this is my first general GT5 rant - I've been saving it up)..

1) Polyphoy and Kaz - I hate you, period - thanks for killing Gran Turismo, nice one 👍

:dunce:

2) Online racing - where is it?? All I see is 1 lap of Nurburgring with Racing Softs on everything (even cars with 300bhp - and less) rooms, glitch rooms, trade rooms, lets all p*ss about and do anything but race - but we'll call it a 'track day' room, rammers who 'think' they can 'race' but can't overtake cleanly if the track was an aircraft runway room, first corner of every track (no matter which one) becoming a demolition derby room, GT500 and DTM cars rooms, drag racing rooms and drift rooms.

:banghead:

3) So, my friends and I started a race series for ourselves (currently running at 36 members), what happens - we put an INVITE ONLY - NO ENTRY room title up, and the whole night we get gatecrashed, constantly, funnily enough half of the gaterashers are English who are supposed to be able to speak (and I presume, read, English - but they don't).

Then to make matters worse, they whine and moan that there's no decent racing online, we give them a chance in our series, take ages sending them the details and explaining it to them - then they never turn up for even one race, ever.

OR - the guys who didn't want to be part of our race series originally, now decide that because there's no decent racing in random online lobbies - they'll gatecrash ours. We then take ages (again) to explain the series, they race once, get mullered because their setups and tyre wear are terrible, then leave without saying anything. Once again, totally wasting our time.

4) Oh yeh, forgot to mention - all the above is actually when you can connect to a race / room and actually race without lag with all your friends. Which is extremely rare, as pretty much everytime we hold a race meeting at least one person (or up to 5) can't connect, then at least one person or more is jumping around the track, causing carnage - or in my fiend's Napa's case - he's invisible and no one can see him, and he can't see anyone else but is on the track and in race.

Oooh, yeah, the wonderful black screen that welcomes you before a race, denoting someone will be stationary on the grid at the start of the race, again, causing carnage.

Polyphony / Kaz - I'll send you a copy of Battlefield BC2 - my friends and I from all round the world have been playing this since release - 99.9% of the time we can all join TOGETHER, play TOGETHER and have fun TOGETHER on a DAILY basis, since it's release. Completely the opposite of GT5.

There's soooo much more, course maker, no in game saves blah blah blah......

But - who cares, Polyphony don't, the amount of people who were die hard GT fans who raced Prologue on a daily basis for years, who are now walking away from GT5 is shocking - yet all Polyphony do is give us updates that stop the supposed 'cheats' and glitchers???

Yet the ballast, power limiter and PP system are all flawed and they do nothing about them???

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

There you go, first and final rant I'll ever make - and yes, I do feel alot better now, and no, I don't care who or what reads or replies - I'm way past the point of caring anymore, all thanks to Polyphony. 👎

I am ******* pissed that the game is everything Kaz and PD want, barely anything we( the players) want. I hope when they release gt6 it barely sells and they see we are ******* tired of them. PD needs failure so they can learn from their mistakes.

I want my test curse back!!!! Daytona and indy are not suitable replacements if you're trying to find a car's potential top speed!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I cried about this earlier and I'll do it again.

Bring. Today's. Specials. Rim. Shop. Back. :irked:

Enough said.

I am ******* pissed that the game is everything Kaz and PD want, barely anything we( the players) want. I hope when they release gt6 it barely sells and they see we are ******* tired of them. PD needs failure so they can learn from their mistakes.

I agree with your 1st statement completely. Sometimes it seems Kaz and PD made GT5 in order to satisfy no one but themselves... :ouch::ill::guilty:

And for the 2nd one... I think they are already tasting the flavour of fail right now... The sound of our voices can't be silenced nor ignored: GT5 is fail, & they know it.. and they better fix it soon since it may hurt the continuity of the series... Seasonal events are a good smoke curtain, but they can't hide all the flaws of this game...

I cried about this earlier and I'll do it again.

Bring. Today's. Specials. Rim. Shop. Back. :irked:

Enough said.

This 👍 + 10000

Last edited:
Let's begin my rant:

I've been looking for a green FTO Touring car ever since GT3... and guess what... after all these years I haven't found it yet :nervous:... in GT3 & GT4 I didn't got it, and during the duping era I tried desperately to get it :scared:... but none of the dupers wanted my cars :crazy: There was a point when trading was so difficult for me because of that "0 miles, 0 switch" cars thing... I barely got my Sepanblau R8 LMS Race car because of that... :ill: I almost had to beg to get some of the cars I had in my garage... especially for the last ones I got before the 1M Cr. limit... And yet... I couldn't get the ONE I've been waiting to have for sooo many years... :nervous:

I would trade half of my current credits in the game for it... (about 7-7.5 million)... seriously, I want that car a lot :(

End rant.

It was good to take that out of my chest... :)

I could share it for you at least online. Drop me a note if you want to.

OT: I searched about 2 hours for a suitable room yesterday only to find out, that i was already to drunk (5 beers & 2 Vodka) to compete. ****ing car wasnt doing what i was thinking it should do :)

Coooool - a rage thread...

At last, something useful at GTP...

Hmmmm, where does one begin..

(this is my first general GT5 rant - I've been saving it up)..

1) Polyphoy and Kaz - I hate you, period - thanks for killing Gran Turismo, nice one 👍

:dunce:

2) Online racing - where is it?? All I see is 1 lap of Nurburgring with Racing Softs on everything (even cars with 300bhp - and less) rooms, glitch rooms, trade rooms, lets all p*ss about and do anything but race - but we'll call it a 'track day' room, rammers who 'think' they can 'race' but can't overtake cleanly if the track was an aircraft runway room, first corner of every track (no matter which one) becoming a demolition derby room, GT500 and DTM cars rooms, drag racing rooms and drift rooms.

3) So, my friends and I started a race series for ourselves (currently running at 36 members), what happens - we put an INVITE ONLY - NO ENTRY room title up, and the whole night we get gatecrashed, constantly, funnily enough half of the gaterashers are English who are supposed to be able to speak (and I presume, read, English - but they don't).

Then to make matters worse, they whine and moan that there's no decent racing online, we give them a chance in our series, take ages sending them the details and explaining it to them - then they never turn up for even one race, ever.

OR - the guys who didn't want to be part of our race series originally, now decide that because there's no decent racing in random online lobbies - they'll gatecrash ours. We then take ages (again) to explain the series, they race once, get mullered because their setups and tyre wear are terrible, then leave without saying anything. Once again, totally wasting our time.

4) Oh yeh, forgot to mention - all the above is actually when you can connect to a race / room and actually race without lag with all your friends. Which is extremely rare, as pretty much everytime we hold a race meeting at least one person (or up to 5) can't connect, then at least one person or more is jumping around the track, causing carnage - or in my fiend's Napa's case - he's invisible and no one can see him, and he can't see anyone else but is on the track and in race.

Oooh, yeah, the wonderful black screen that welcomes you before a race, denoting someone will be stationary on the grid at the start of the race, again, causing carnage.

Polyphony / Kaz - I'll send you a copy of Battlefield BC2 - my friends and I from all round the world have been playing this since release - 99.9% of the time we can all join TOGETHER, play TOGETHER and have fun TOGETHER on a DAILY basis, since it's release. Completely the opposite of GT5.

There's soooo much more, course maker, no in game saves blah blah blah......

But - who cares, Polyphony don't, the amount of people who were die hard GT fans who raced Prologue on a daily basis for years, who are now walking away from GT5 is shocking - yet all Polyphony do is give us updates that stop the supposed 'cheats' and glitchers???

Yet the ballast, power limiter and PP system are all flawed and they do nothing about them???

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

There you go, first and final rant I'll ever make - and yes, I do feel alot better now, and no, I don't care who or what reads or replies - I'm way past the point of caring anymore, all thanks to Polyphony. 👎

Good rant haha, I agree 100%

Ah, the threads that almost die but get sprung back to life....
I guess it's cool to let the emo kids stray from dying their hair to cry a little bit on the interwebs about how imperfect their $50 was spent.

-> ...
I want my test curse back!!!! Daytona and indy are not suitable replacements if you're trying to find a car's potential top speed!

:(

I too would like to see the Test Course return.
^ IMO, there were two 'Test Courses':

-> One was the narrower, tighter and more exciting Test Course '90s from GT1 and GT2:

18.jpg

gran_turismo_2.jpg

-> And the other is Driving Park: Test Course. It's a little boring and wide, but still highly significant:

test_course_165x168.gif

0.jpg

;)

Im sick to death of people complaining about the "flawed" PP system.
Im sick of morons in a drift room with AWDs ramming people.
Im sick of demolition derbys on the first corner of a race.
Im sick of people who cant overtake for S**t
Im sick of people complaining and whining about how poor GT5 is. Dont like it? SELL IT.
Im sick of seeing glitch rooms. Get over it, itll be patched over the next week or two. Or maybe 3.
Hmm, that should be it...

A lot of hate going on...and I shall add to it
All I want is every track from the GT series in GT5, and a better AI system.

Inferno251
A lot of hate going on...and I shall add to it
All I want is every track from the GT series in GT5, and a better AI system.

That's not too much to ask. Neither is 400 more events to [roughly] equal that of GT4.

I could share it for you at least online. Drop me a note if you want to.

:)

You are a true gent, sir :) Check your PM inbox 👍

-offtopic- On a positive note on the Emo thread: GT5 and GTP are such a nice place to meet great people :)

I'm glad someone had the bright idea to round up all the complaints in one place, this may keep the main forum free from new members posting "Why isn't GT more like Forza" or "Here's why I'm not playing GT anymore..." threads.

Good job OP.

Oh wow, I remember when this thread was created due to the delays :P It's a shame that GT5 did not live up to my expectations though :(

Im sick to death of people complaining about the "flawed" PP system.
Im sick of morons in a drift room with AWDs ramming people.
Im sick of demolition derbys on the first corner of a race.
Im sick of people who cant overtake for S**t
Im sick of people complaining and whining about how poor GT5 is. Dont like it? SELL IT.
Im sick of seeing glitch rooms. Get over it, itll be patched over the next week or two. Or maybe 3.
Hmm, that should be it...

Hear hear! Strongly seconded on all counts. Numbers 1, 3, and 6 especially.

Hold on, so this is the thread where you can just waste your overflowing emotions?

Well then...

I just hate when people can't play fair and square in GT! Get it over with, they can't shape their own reality!! They should just accept the reality that they're facing!

I hate those glitch rooms for sure, do anyone knows how annoying it is to update the game data just to fix these bugs? I have a terrible internet connection and even 40mb update took me hours!! Why not just leave the bug like that?

And...yeah it's off topic, anyway I really hate the fact that people have forgotten my lovely "wife" in my avatar...

^ You meant Apricot Sakuraba? Your wife I mean. :boggled:

BT -> I'm disliking the fact while in the offline days, GT5 isn't as wholesome as GT4! I would tink people are right! :scared:

Had a whiney little s*** the other day sook to me about why I kicked him from my online room (test room for my online series, only participants in the series invited), Holdenemoff is the fools name and he sent me a message via PSN titled 'wat thu' proving his lack of intelligence with the message 'was i getting to fast'. I replied that the room was for series participants only to which I got a reply titled 'hay kid' featuring this awesomeness....'you must be a (person of greek or lebanese descent), so go the (f word) home,,,only ozzy need reply ,,cry baby,see yu'.

Why are there such tools in the world that can only resort to such childish insults? Makes me wanna RAGE....lol

Back