The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Will the rest of America be free updates or will every state be a DLC?

Expect to pay for it. They might expand small sections of existing states for free like they recently did in ETS2. But neither this or DLC is confirmed.

It's better to wait for now. ATS is still not even out yet.

Expect to pay for it. They might expand small sections of existing states for free like they recently did in ETS2. But neither this or DLC is confirmed.

It's better to wait for now. ATS is still not even out yet.

Capture2.JPG

Counting down..............

Been waiting patiently for ATS since they officially announced it. Recently got a new PC that runs ETS2 like a champ so I'll be purchasing ATS on day one, thankfully! This was very exciting news when I read it this morning.

So with a sweet wheel mod, I made a well decked out Show Scania:

369734D7B64EEBAEE79B21A37491166815BE78AC
B3EBFCD053A5BB39EBDDDCB9F285ED8EBA86705A

Man, this Scania T is so odd looking. But that's what makes it so damn awesome. I've always wanted to try this mod, but I'm not sure how it'll get along with other mods. Specifically since I got a sound mod for Scania trucks.

The new V8 mods dont work to my knowledge. Most likely need to edit the def files then it works. I am going to try the old sound mod posted a few pages back. The crackle is alot louder.

The new V8 mods dont work to my knowledge. Most likely need to edit the def files then it works. I am going to try the old sound mod posted a few pages back. The crackle is alot louder.

I agree with the crackle. The older one v8.0 sounds meaner. the newer one has it's positive sides to it as well. Has better low rev sounds, better turbo sound and better engine brake sounds. It is definitely much more discrete, even if you chose the crackle version. But I find it less artificial. I can't say which is better for sure. For the sake of having the newer version, I will stay with it. I've gotten used to it already.

Here's my Streamline with the new Scania V8 v8.5 "Crackle" version:

So I tried and edit the SCS files and get the old mod for sound going, FAIL. Oh well. Maybe he'll make one with louder crackle...

Yes indeed actually. I found a wonderful group on Facebook. It is called: American Mods ETS2 and ATS. They are a group of guys that share the American truck mods. Its all about USA. I got the light from here. There is stuff from this group that gets shared publicly. There is Viper2 that makes the Peterbilt 389 model, and many of the skinners you see around on mod sites. These guys are amazing. Again its all about American trucks but one guy created the led kit i Have here. There is 2 lighting kits I have. The blue lights on the grill is part of a very old mod. Talking pre 1.14 generation. :lol: On my previous shares you can see the newer LED kit being used. I am working on some videos anyway so I'll make sure to add those here.

So I tried and edit the SCS files and get the old mod for sound going, FAIL. Oh well. Maybe he'll make one with louder crackle...

It's not that difficult. You just need to change two lines. Open the SCS file, carefully go through all the lines until you find motor_brake: .mb Change it to engine_brake[]: .eb Then keep scrolling down almost to the bottom until you see sound_engine_data: .mbrake and change it to sound_engine_data: .eb

That should make the old sound mod work with the latest version.

It's not that difficult. You just need to change two lines. Open the SCS file, carefully go through all the lines until you find motor_brake: .mb Change it to engine_brake[]: .eb Then keep scrolling down almost to the bottom until you see sound_engine_data: .mbrake and change it to sound_engine_data: .eb

That should make the old sound mod work with the latest version.

Yeah tried. The Scania T mod does not like it. The Scania RJL did not too. This is the irginal sound mod. Now the new one for Scania does work with this yes.

I tried changing the sound files as in the video Husky (I think it was) posted. It worked, only done my W900 so far but later on when I can be bothered I shall do the rest.

Thank you. :) View attachment 493928

I found it thanks to @spinner Although the I checked other videos and the one I found explains it a bit better. But I'm glad it works for you now. It takes some patience to do them all though.

BONUS: Mack and Kenworth

Finally got my hands in v2. It's got some nice new features. I didn't add much of the new stuff though. I like my cars and trucks super clean. Will upload a video eventually.
ets2_00215.png

T908 got new shoes! Damn those Daytons!
ets2_00217.png

ets2_00218.png

Decided to change the wheels. These daytons are way to awesome to ignore. Gave the T908 the two-hole wheels instead of the Mack's red daytons because it says "Mack" on the hubs.

ets2_00220.png

A little drive in the big dog :)

That old Pete is a great truck, mine stopped working as of 1.20 or 1.21 which was unfortunate. Had the 6V92 sound for it too. Thankfully my W900A still works with that sound. :)

GMHV8
That old Pete is a great truck, mine stopped working as of 1.20 or 1.21 which was unfortunate. Had the 6V92 sound for it too. Thankfully my W900A still works with that sound. :)

Oh man. That is unfortunate. My version of this truck is the oldest. Plus, I have the Cummins 275 Supercharged sound mod by Kriechbaum, which is the one I'm using in this vid. I know there was a newer version but I never cared to try it. The W900a is still working for me as well. I have the 6v92 in that one.

I am working on a mod for the crazy people that want a challenge. If you have no trucks mods do not use this mod. Working on getting it to be shareable. TBA Soon. Nearly there. FINISHED!!!!

Enjoy folks:D

This is the original Roadhunter mod, all I did was adjust the weight. Credit due where it is due. I updated the mod to include pics, references and some tips.

Last edited:
Um, will it pass through toll booths?

Not really. Fails bad. If you have a mod that allows passing thru tolls, or use the console to move past it.

Here is how you can activate it: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61852

There is areas on the Scandinavian DLC where the roads are 2 lane in one direction and single in the other that you will eventually jam up. Its a pain since the collision detection it too tight.

I guess you could plan your route using back roads only but, that will become a pain in the shirt for oncoming traffic and intersections.

I guess you could plan your route using back roads only but, that will become a pain in the shirt for oncoming traffic and intersections.

I was able to get by with the back roads. I just do not like it when the guardrails are stupid close. If the road is wide enough there is no issue with taking a single lane. Some cities and maps just force your hand to have both lanes. I can use the single lane back roads fine. on coming traffic does not have much of an issue sometimes.

I will try and get a video demo going of the unit for all to see. Two videos for your enjoyment:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back