The F1 driver transfer discussion/speculation archiveFormula 1 

• Thread starter NotThePrez
  • 3,041 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, wasn't expecting this so soon. I suppose Hamilton's management is as we speak trying to get their driver's situation sorted so they ( and he) may relax.

After Spa there was talk of him moving and Wolff said a decision would be made at the end of the season, which would be too late for any decent drives anyway.

He has a contract for 2015.

My mistype, 2016. Mercedes will be keen to see how this year's market settles out; I believe that's why they prefer to wait until the end of the season. We're seeing experience count for (comparatively) less this year than in others and younger drivers haven't demonstrated themselves to be the liability that everyone predicted. Merc will hope that they can retain Hamilton for less, providing that they still want him by the end of the season.

Alonso says that Vettel's move doesn't close off any of his options for 2015, even though he admits he hasn't decided on what he will do - so I wonder if Vettel will replace Raikkonen. It's a move that makes sense.

Alonso says that Vettel's move doesn't close off any of his options for 2015, even though he admits he hasn't decided on what he will do - so I wonder if Vettel will replace Raikkonen. It's a move that makes sense.

It'll be a Ferrari dream team, still think Alonso won't stick around, he wants a title winning car next year and like you said Ferrari is still not there yet.

I think given the news we've heard today Carlos Sainz Jr will replace Kobayashi at Caterham. The Spaniard had been linked with the team a few weeks ago even before a Toro Rosso seat opened up and Red Bull have previously placed their junior driver at a smaller team midway through the season (Daniel Ricciardo at HRT).

I think given the news we've heard today Carlos Sainz Jr will replace Kobayashi at Caterham. The Spaniard had been linked with the team a few weeks ago even before a Toro Rosso seat opened up and Red Bull have previously placed their junior driver at a smaller team midway through the season (Daniel Ricciardo at HRT).
So then who replaces Vergne at Toro Rosso? Surely Sainz makes more sense there rhan at Caterham.

So then who replaces Vergne at Toro Rosso? Surely Sainz makes more sense there rhan at Caterham.

This is the 2014 thread :) I mean buy the Caterham seat for him for the rest of this year before he replaces Vergne at Toro Rosso next year. The same would work if you swapped the name "Sainz" for "Lynn".

Edit: Well it was in the 2014 thread until - for reasons I don't understand - somebody put it in here so it's totally off topic :confused:

Last edited:
With Button gone as for 2015 where will he go? Seb is getting the soon to be vacant Ferrari seat with the man Seb is replacing at Ferrari (Alonso) taking over Jenson's seat and the seat Seb will lose going to Kvyat. Mercedes are unchanged as will be Williams I reckon. Any lower than Williams and you get to the Caterham's, Torro Rosso's and Lotus'.

I would like to see (though it is not going to happen and will never happen) Jenson follow Mark Webber to the WEC possibly getting a seat at Nissan. There is ex-F1 drivers in the WEC doing OK through the classes.

I know I've said this before but I am really tired of everyone writing Button off. There have been (and indeed are) older drivers than him, he's very fit, and I don't get why people are bigging up Magnusson when really it boils down to the fact that Button is 7th in the championship on 72 points, and KM is 12th on 39 points. Of the newcomers, I am far more impressed with Kvyat, his seat at RBR is well deserved.

I'm happy for Vettel to be honest... he gets to go to Ferrari, following in the footsteps of MSC.

Now we'll see if he can make a Ferrari win again, like Michael did...
Sadly, if maranello doesn't manage to give him a decent car he isn't going to do any better than Alonso.
I never liked Vettel and his attitude, i hope this can be for him a new beginning, maybe he will finally learn how to work with the team to improve the car and stuff like that. Like a real champion.

Talking about Alonso, i hope he can finally get a decent car, we all know how good he is, he wasted too many years on red boats.

Why are you asking about Alonso then? :confused:
Because somebody thought we needed two threads, one for 2014 and one for 2015, rather than just continuing the discussion in the 2014 thread and renaming it. Hence, the discussion is carrying across two threads (three if you count the Japanese Grand Prix thread) unnecessarily, leading to confusion.

Because somebody thought we needed two threads, one for 2014 and one for 2015, rather than just continuing the discussion in the 2014 thread and renaming it. Hence, the discussion is carrying across two threads (three if you count the Japanese Grand Prix thread) unnecessarily, leading to confusion.
We have a thread for 2014 driver changes. We now have a thread for 2015 driver speculation. We thought it was better that way than to have a behemoth of a thread, that was started for 2013 I believe, continuing for yet another year.

That has little to do with what I asked.

We have a thread for 2014 driver changes. We now have a thread for 2015 driver speculation. We thought it was better that way than to have a behemoth of a thread, that was started for 2013 I believe, continuing for yet another year.
Then why not close the outdated one since the focus is clearly on 2015?

Found this on the Formula 1 subreddit.

hIaXaXU.jpg

(No, this is not real)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back