The five cars that you DO NOT want in GT6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Miatas don't take up any more space than the Evos, actually, on the disc. Changing the name of a car, while still leaving the same graphics, textures, and hp/weight/suspension/performance aspects takes up no space.
So? Amount of disc space isn't the issue.

On what grounds? That it's not real?

There's no real way to get good, close and exciting racing out of them. They're so twitchy, at high speeds, that DS3 users can't even drive them, side-by-side, at SSRX. I've tried, it's no fun being crashed into, because of how twitchy they are, regardless of which track you're on.

Especially considering that the slightest of taps changes the aerodynamic signature of the car, and therefore causes a sudden change in grip, causing, in most cases, a complete loss of control.

So? Amount of disc space isn't the issue.

So then what IS the issue with 11 Mazdas with 3 different names, as per 3 different continents?

There's no real way to get good, close and exciting racing out of them. They're so twitchy, at high speeds, that DS3 users can't even drive them, side-by-side, at SSRX. I've tried, it's no fun being crashed into, because of how twitchy they are, regardless of which track you're on.

Especially considering that the slightest of taps changes the aerodynamic signature of the car, and therefore causes a sudden change in grip, causing, in most cases, a complete loss of control.

That's what makes them fun.:) That they are so insanely hard to control and can draw out chuckles now and then.

Completing a lap in it makes it a challenge.

So then what IS the issue with 11 Mazdas with 3 different names, as per 3 different continents?
In a game that made a big deal about how many cars it has, to have at least a tenth of them be lazy copy-paste jobs of other ones will naturally leave a really nasty taste in player's mouths when they discover the truth. To say nothing about how, of those 33 Miatas in the game, only the Japanese models actually exist in real life. And similar problems exist for the majority of the other duplicates (JDM specs on supposedly USDM or EDM cars, anyone?). Putting those cars in GT4 to reflect localization changes was okay (even if it wasn't accurate). Taking all of those localized versions, pasting them in one game and then acting as if they are different cars to inflate the car count, is not.

In a game that made a big deal about how many cars it has, to have at least a tenth of them be lazy copy-paste jobs of other ones will naturally leave a really nasty taste in player's mouths when they discover the truth.

Yeah, but, it still beats Forza... Forza's god awful. We have more cars than them. Does it matter, though, if they're "copy/paste jobs?"

In my opinion, we could do better with more "copy/paste jobs," because spec'ing for some series using race cars with about 325 hp is actually pretty difficult. :scared: And, I don't care about the names of cars. I care about:

• handling
  • performance
  • similar cars to make a racing series out of

Yeah, but, it still beats Forza... Forza's god awful. We have more cars than them. Does it matter, though, if they're "copy/paste jobs?"

Of course it matters. There are cars in GT5 that are 100% identical except for the name/badge.

Quality beats quantity, FM4 car list beats GT5 car list for that reason.

Yeah, but, it still beats Forza... Forza's god awful. We have more cars than them.
I don't care what Forza does when it comes to GT6's car list, nor do I care that PD has more cars by volume when the reason that they do is because they took certain portions of the car list and multiplied them 2 or 3 times after they finished pulling them out of a PS2 game.

Does it matter, though, if they're "copy/paste jobs?"
Yeah, it kinda does. Both from the principle of the issue (GT5 does not have 1000+ cars when so many of them are Standard models with the interior flipped, except in the cases where PD didn't even put that much effort into them), and because so many of them are incorrect because PD just didn't care to fix them when they put them in GT5.

This is the game that says a USDM non-turbo 3000GT is AWD. That a USDM Nissan 240SX doesn't have a 2.4L engine. That a Lexus GS300 came with a twin turbo engine and could be ordered with JDM-only handling packages. That a car being a different color warrants it being listed as a completely separate model. Those are the things that people who want the duplicates gone are rallying against.

In my opinion, we could do better with more "copy/paste jobs," because spec'ing for some series using race cars with about 325 hp is actually pretty difficult.
Except that doesn't do anything towards that. 11 different Miatas multiplied times 3 is not 33 different Miatas when making a spec racing series. You would be just as happy with the 11 JDM Miatas that actually existed in that situation.

MrMelancholy15
They don't take up BD space. I mean, really, there's one too many Veyrons in GT5, one too many X2010s (even just one would be okay, but, 5 super high-speed crashes is too many.)

I'm happy to see a bunch of Miatas, because Miatas are the most popular sports cars in the world. You know, the kind of car that you can autocross, set a new lap record in, and then drive home in?

You know, the car that has about 8 spec series...?

The car that's the most popular track car in the world?

Why remove Miatas? They're the true basis of Gran Turismo. They're the car that "Grassroots Motorsports magazine" praises as "the answer to every question."

Example:

"I want to reduce my lap times. What should I do?"

Buy a Miata.

"I want to join a competitive spec series. What should I do?"

Buy a Miata.

Mazda commercials say "More Mazdas are road-raced than any other car, on any given weekend;" Why? Mazda Miatas.

The Miatas are great cars, and, if there aren't Lancers, Miatas, or Civics (the cars I've actually driven in/raced against) why would I buy GT6? To drive some ridiculous X- car? That's for kids that don't like brake pedals. Kids that don't like brake pedals, tend to rear end me a LOT.

In fact, there are 11 models of Miata in GT5, spread across 23 years of production. There are also about 15 Lancer Evolution models, spread across 20 years of production. The names were changed, though, on the Miatas, to suit European/Asian/American market names, which wasn't done to the Evolutions.

And, I'm happy to say that I own EVERY Lancer Evolution model in the game, because they're my dream cars, and I'd love to compete in rally racing.

If you fail to understand that more Miatas are road-raced than any other car, on any given weekend, then you're a disappointment to motorsports, and I fail to understand what purpose GTP serves you.

Ok, i understand you love miatas and that they're the most raced car but 11 different models that are almost the same isn't really needed.. Wouldn't like 5 models be better? Same for the skyline..

I don't think anyone is saying Miata's need removing, what needs removing are the regional versions that are different only in name most of the time.

It's not just Miatas either.

Honda S2000 '99
Honda S2000 (EU) '99
Honda S2000 (US) '99

Honda S2000 '01
Honda S2000 (EU) '01
Honda S2000 (US) '01

Honda S2000 '03
Honda S2000 (EU) '03

Honda S2000 (US) '04

Honda S2000 '06

Honda S2000 Type V '00
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '00
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '00

Honda S2000 Type V '01
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '01
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '01

Honda S2000 Type V '03

There is no need for that at all. That collection could be cut down to this:

Honda S2000 '99
Honda S2000 '01
Honda S2000 '03
Honda S2000 '04
Honda S2000 '06

Honda S2000 Type V '00
Honda S2000 Type V '01
Honda S2000 Type V '03

At the very least. It's also arguable that the differences between some of those models are so negligiable and not noticable some more could go. But even if you don't that's 17 cars cut down to 8. If they really want to offer different regions do so my offering it when you buy the car but they shouldn't be individual cars on the car list.

Last edited:
Gyro1780
I don't think any of the cars need to be removed from GT. They just need to limit the amount of cars they have of the same models. As said already 3 of one model is plenty but as long as it's slightly different in engine or trim levels.

Yes, i think the same. If anyone don't like jay leno for example he shouldn't drive it :).

Although I would love to have the Turbocharged version of the Tank CAr alongside the NA version.

X2010
X2011
2CV
Schwimmwagen
Kubelwagen

There are a few more really, really, slow cars that have absolutely no merit in a racing game whatsoever. Anything sub-60 HP is pretty much worthless (except for karts). Kei cars can actually be quite fun on twisty, complex tracks, but we don't need quite as many as we have. I mean, I can't imagine there would be that many people who would prefer the two almost identical Daihatsu Moves to, say, a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.

1. Schwimmwagen
2. Kubbelwagen
3. Subaru 360
4. Toyota Prius
5. Variations of car that are already there, for example: Nissan Skyline GTR R34 M.N.P. Edition.

What's with the hate on the Volkswagens? :( They're a good part of history and GT supports such things. Admittedly, not very well.

At the very least. It's also arguable that the differences between some of those models are so negligiable and not noticable some more could go. But even if you don't that's 17 cars cut down to 8. If they really want to offer different regions do so my offering it when you buy the car but they shouldn't be individual cars on the car list.

What about left hand drive and right hand drive variants? People do prefer the side they're on.

Oh, I almost forgot one of the most ridiculous duplicate examples.

Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00
Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 '03

Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00
Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport V6 Phase2 '03

I mean really, what possible defense can you have for PD counting those as 8 different cars? They're called Clio's around the world except Japan where they're called Lutecia because of naming right issues. But hey, that's basically a whole different car, lets' chuck them in. No PD. Just no. It's pathetic.

What about left hand drive and right hand drive variants? People do prefer the side they're on.

That's what I meant be offer them but as a 'trim' option, don't pretend it's an entirely different car. It's one car built for different markets slightly differently.

SimonK

I mean really, what possible defense can you have for PD counting those as 8 different cars? They're called Clio's around the world except Japan where they're called Lutecia because of naming right issues. But hey, that's basically a whole different car, lets' chuck them in. No PD. Just no. It's pathetic.

This made me laugh aha.. But Very true

The only car I absolutely DON'T want in GT6 is the Citroen 2CV. It was funny for two seconds in GT4, but now it's just old.

That's what I meant be offer them but as a 'trim' option, don't pretend it's an entirely different car. It's one car built for different markets slightly differently.

It still doesn't take up disc space, and allows for people to drive their car on their side of the car, and allows French people to have their name for their car, while some countries have troubles pronouncing certain names of cars:

If Germany had a Germany specific version of the Pagani Huayra, the first thing that they'd have to do, would be to change the name, to something we can actually say.

Indeed, few people can pronounce the word "Huayra," and the closest pronunciation a German could pronounce would likely be "Vayra" which, in all honesty, reminds me of "Virus."

Especially since all of those "Japanese" models (or at least the three that I've driven) are just as LHD as the French models.

It still doesn't take up disc space, and allows for people to drive their car on their side of the car, and allows French people to have their name for their car, while some countries have troubles pronouncing certain names of cars:
None of these are reasons. No one cares about disc space. These are Standard cars and GT5 doesn't even take up the entirety of a single layer Blu Ray. I'd rather have the JDM version of the Mitsubishi 3000GT presented as it actually was in real life than have a "USDM" 3000GT and have it be nothing like the car in real life just because it's "familiar" to me.

And, again, PD didn't even bother switching the interiors on some of them. And they are Standard. I'd just as soon they didn't spend time modeling a USDM Honda S2000 as a Premium if it meant significant modeling time that could go towards a different car.

Nissan Skyline GTR/Nissan GTR (Drop all of them except ONE for each gen)
Mazda Miata (Drop all of them except ONE for each gen)
Lutecia Renault(Drop all of them and leave the non-Lutecias)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo(Drop all of them except ONE for each gen)
Subaru Impreza(Drop all of them except one for each gen)

The FIVE limit is too short, so I'll continue.

Honda Civic EG (Just leave one. Same with the EK and EP)
Honda Integra Type R (Leave one for each gen.)
Honda S2000 (Please. One street and maybe a racing model. Screw the racing/tunned model. Give those tunners the ability to create their own instead.)

I know this is old. I don't hate Japanese cars, but seriously, 40 different variants of the same car? These cars are the essence of Gran Turismo, so they should stay in the game, but at least one per-gen/model. Give the opportunity to European and American manufacturers to have a fair number of different models too.

Do you remember GT2, PD?

SagarisGTB
Mustang
Camaro
Corvette
Viper
Ford GT

Why don't you try again? Having those cars out of ANY car game is like not having Nissan in Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
What about the T.M. ones? (Evo/Lancer) Surely those are worth having.

France uses LHD.

All of the Evos are worth having. The G.S.R. and M.R. cars are entirely different. Then, the 4-speed GT-A is a different car, too.

As for the France thing, are you sure? I've seen plenty of French movies (I speak French fluently) and I have seen hundreds of actors/actresses get into the RHD to drive.

Yes but they're not different cars. If I buy a Renault Clio and a Renault Lutecia and put them next to each other I've got two copies of the same car/model, not two different ones. Plus in this case it's nothing to do with pronunciation, it's because Honda owns the rights to the name Clio in Japan.

That's the problem, that they're included as separate cars and count towards the overall count as 8 cars, not 4. It's just an outright lie to say GT5 has 1000+ unique cars when many of them are exactly the same.

Japan: RHD
France: RHD

💡
:lol:

First of all, no. The French drive on the right side of the road.

Second of all, the "Japanese" models that you just said are justified should be in the game so the players can drive on the side of the cockpit they are used to driving on aren't even modeled right. On the Lutecia 2.0, Lutecia V6 and the Lutecia Trophy (and probably the V6 Phase 2 as well) the steering wheels are all on the left side anyway, meaning PD didn't even bother flipping a black silhouette.

That's the problem, that they're included as separate cars and count towards the overall count as 8 cars, not 4. It's just an outright lie to say GT5 has 1000+ unique cars when many of them are exactly the same.

Depends on what one may think of as "unique." :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back