The five cars that you DO NOT want in GT6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more than 5:

All the duplicate japanese cars

That's probably like 400 cars.

besides that:

Kubbelwagon
Swimmwagon, both have no place in automotive history, and no use in a race sim aside from a novelty
Most kei cars (not all, but most are entirely unnecessary, and useless in a racing sim aside from novelty)

Otherwise, I don't think there's anything else. I suppose you could say the Tank Car should be off the list simply because it's also a novelty just like the kubblewagons, but personally I find it interesting to have a custom hot rod in a racing sim. I don't care for hot rods but the tank car's a behemoth beast

Sagaris is just hatin on American cars. Those are actually really good IMO

No he's just trolling. I mean you don't actually believe he meant that right? That's what trolling is. Saying something completely ridiculous to see if someone actually believes you

Yes, that's true. My point, though, is that PD isn't allowed to duplicate an SCCA spec car, because it doesn't have the license. Therefore, I won't refute the legitimacy of the claim, but, PD did base the Atenza touring car off of a real car, which you said was false.

There is still no reason whatsoever to include two identical cars and call one the 6 (US, European name) and one the Atenza (Japan name).

No he's just trolling. I mean you don't actually believe he meant that right? That's what trolling is. Saying something completely ridiculous to see if someone actually believes you

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. While I could say that I agree with Sagaris, I can understand one thing:

He's probably jealous, that the American cars are in the game, but, many TVR cars aren't. Everyone has one car that they wish WAS in the game, except, in all honesty, me. And, that's just because I'm happy having a few of my reasonably priced dream cars:

Lexus SC400
Mitsubishi Lancer Evos
Honda Civic Type R '08
Aston Martins (though not AS reasonably priced)
etc.

Therefore, I can say that there is a surprising lack of TVRs, which might have left Sagaris (TVR Sagaris) a little bit jealous of the American cars, which may not suit his tastes, just as they don't suit mine.

My point, though, is that PD isn't allowed to duplicate an SCCA spec car, because it doesn't have the license. Therefore, I won't refute the legitimacy of the claim, but, PD did base the Atenza touring car off of a real car, which you said was false.
A Mazda6-based touring car is invariably going to look like any other Mazda6-based touring car. You can't say that they definitively based it off of something in real life when it is nothing alike in specification (particularly after going out of you way to say that they had the same specs); nor does it make either one a real car (which is what Simon actually said) even if it was (incredibly) loosely based on one.

gamerdog6482
Just want to say that the IROC-Z Concept came out after the IROC-Z, it was a performance version.

But why have a concept of a performance version of a car that we don't even have the base car of? Why not have the actuall 3rd gen iroc z's and the possability to just tune it? In my opinion its like having a concept of the ferrari fxx (correct me if I got the name wrong) but not the enzo which it was first based off of?

A Mazda6-based touring car is invariably going to look like any other Mazda6-based touring car. You can't say that they definitively based it off of something in real life when it is nothing alike in specification (particularly after going out of you way to say that they had the same specs); nor does it make either one a real car (which is what Simon actually said) even if it was (incredibly) loosely based on one.

Well, true, they're not the same, but, it's also not a 600 hp RWD NASCAR/453 hp DTM touring car. So, I agree, it's not ACTUALLY the real car, but, I like that PD is trying to create Mazda touring cars, because I like Mazda, and touring cars! 💡 putting the two together is great!

There has to be the normal ones, the Spec V, and the AP1 and AP2 versions, they used different engines after all.
I'd go for:
AP2 F22C S2000 (already a premium car)
AP1 F20C S2000 Type V (as different as you can be from the other S2000)
S2000 Race Car or RM
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (already a premium car)
Amuse S2000 R1 (touge legend)
Spoon S2000 Coupe
Maybe: Opera Performance S2000 (impressive unique machine)

PD doesn't have to be rigid and the fun S2000 is a car that I'd like to see more of than most others.

Well, true, they're not the same, but, it's also not a 600 hp RWD NASCAR/453 hp DTM touring car. So, I agree, it's not ACTUALLY the real car, but, I like that PD is trying to create Mazda touring cars, because I like Mazda, and touring cars! 💡 putting the two together is great!

Still doesn't make it real (which is what I said) and you still haven't given me any reason why they were right to include two identical versions of it and count it as two cars.

I dont really get why nobody wants the x1. I found the car incredibly interesting and always wondered before gt5 what such a car would be like. what i would like is that the car is included but restricted so it can only be raced against other x1's.

more on topic, I do not want to see the hyundai HCD6, the clix or the acura dnx. :yuck:

gamerdog6482
I would rather have the FXX because it is faster around a track.

Haha now your just psuhing my buttons. Understandable but I still find no use for concepts when actuall production versions have a much better place in gt5 due to the fact that they are what race cars are based off of, not concepts. A race car is usually faster than a concept road car because of extensivetesting and tunning that has already been done where as a concept still is a work in progress

Still doesn't make it real (which is what I said) and you still haven't given me any reason why they were right to include two identical versions of it and count it as two cars.

I'm not saying that they were right to include two versions, though I don't see why people hate it, when PD changes the name of the car.

My original point was to refute what Toronado said, about it being "not real," while it's somewhat closely based off of a real car, and was bumped up a bit, to be competitive against the Integra Type-R, S2000 LM, BMW 320i, Lexus IS200 GT-1 etc.

I'd go for:
AP2 F22C S2000 (already a premium car)
AP1 F20C S2000 Type V (as different as you can be from the other S2000)
S2000 Race Car or RM
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (already a premium car)
Amuse S2000 R1 (touge legend)
Spoon S2000 Coupe
Maybe: Opera Performance S2000 (impressive unique machine)

PD doesn't have to be rigid and the fun S2000 is a car that I'd like to see more of than most others.

These cars are in the game, and are very welcome. I think we should definitely keep them.

Not always. The W12 Nardo is pretty complete, that thing can fly. The CIEN Concept can beat LTW.

gamerdog6482
Not always. The W12 Nardo is pretty complete, that thing can fly. The CIEN Concept can beat LTW.

Ahh now that is where you miss-understood me as I said "usually", I know some concepts do have extensive tests that back up what it can actually do if it were sold. Yet some are just a case of where manufactures say "was to have a (place engine specs here)" when the real concept or road version was fitted with something completely different.

Last edited:
I would like PD to abolish all concept cars. I'm so-so with race cars based on real cars, such as the TC cars from DLC 1, but I don't like concept cars because they can't be driven in real life, meaning that how the car drives in game is completely made up by PD.

Regarding the X2010/X2011, I'd say leave it in GT6, but can only be used by B-Spec Bob (unless B-Spec is removed in GT6, or if there's a fast forward option, in which case, ignore this).

Edit: Did I actually use the word "abolish"?

I understand, like the GT by Citroen. The concept (not literally) had a nuke in the back where the production model had a V8.
But that is where the line is drawn between Concept Cars, such as the Cadillac CIEN, and production intent cars, such as the Mitsubishi i Concept '03 or the Porsche 918 Concept Study.

Anyway I was bored so I went through the entire car list and these are all of the cars I would remove on the grounds that there is already another car in the list that is either exactly the same or so close to being the same I wouldn't miss this version.

Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 2WD '97
Daihatsu SIRION CX 2WD (J) '98
Daihatsu STORIA CX 2WD '98
Fiat 500 F '65
Fiat 500 R '72
Fiat 500 L '69
Ford GT (No Stripe) '05
Honda S2000 (EU) '99
Honda S2000 (US) '99
Honda S2000 (EU) '01
Honda S2000 (US) '01
Honda S2000 (EU) '03
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '00
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '00
Honda S2000 Type V (EU) '01
Honda S2000 Type V (US) '01
Lexus IS 200 (J) '98
Lexus GS 300 Vertex Edition (J) '00
Lexus SC 430 (US) '01
Lotus Esprit V8 SE '98
Mazda 110S (L10B) '68
Mazda Atenza Touring Car
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
Mazda MX-5 Miata '89
Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited '91
Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited II '93
Mazda MX-5 Miata V-Special '93
Mazda MX-5 Miata S-Special '95
Mazda MX-5 Miata VR Limited '97
Mazda MX-5 Miata SR Limited '97
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS '98
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS '00
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A '00
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS '04
Mazda MX-5 '89
Mazda MX-5 J-Limited '91
Mazda MX-5 J-Limited II '93
Mazda MX-5 V-Special '93
Mazda MX-5 S-Special '95
Mazda MX-5 VR Limited '97
Mazda MX-5 SR Limited '97
Mazda MX-5 1.8 RS '98
Mazda MX-5 1800 RS '00
Mazda MX-5 1600 NR-A '00
Mazda MX-5 1800 RS '04
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '93
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R-S (FD) '95
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RS (FD) '96
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '92
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '93
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '95
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '96
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (19inch Wheel Option) '09
MINI COOPER '02
Nissan PRIMERA 20V (EU) '01
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Special Color Midnight Purple II (R34) '99
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R Special Color Midnight Purple III (R34) '00
Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00
Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport V6 24V '00
Renault Sport Lutecia Renault Sport V6 Phase2 '03
Subaru LEGACY B4 2.0GT spec.B '03
Subaru LEGACY Touring Wagon 2.0GT spec.B '03
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05
Toyota ARISTO V300 Vertex Edition '00
Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR Rally Car (ST185) '95
Toyota PRIUS G (J) '02
Toyota PRIUS G Touring Selection (J) '03
Toyota VITZ F '99
Toyota VITZ RS 1.5 '00
Toyota VITZ RS Turbo '02
Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo '00

There are probably some more I missed, I didn't study it in great detail. But I'd love to hear any comments and reasons why it'd be a bad idea to remove any of those cars. Note that as I said before any regional variations (left/right hand drive) could be offered as as variation when buying the car if they've modeled it but not counted as a completely separate car.

There are plenty of other cars I'd also remove as they're not necessary but that's more my opinion so I left them off.

I'm not saying that they were right to include two versions, though I don't see why people hate it, when PD changes the name of the car.

Because it makes it seem like there are more cars to drive in the game then there are. If I owned a race track and invited you down for a day and said I had four cars for you to try would you not be a bit miffed if you turned up and I had a Mazda 6 touring car, a Mazda Atenza touring car, a Renault Clio and a Renault Lutecia? Extrapolate that scenario into GT5 and multiply it several times and that's why people hate it.

Personally, I think that having two SLR McLarens makes for interesting variety.
And you forgot the Vauxhall VX220.

I don't want several duplicates of car models which are roughly the same. 2-4 variations are fine if the model has a particular significance.

I don't want several duplicates of car models which are roughly the same. 2-4 variations are fine if the model has a particular significance.

Miata!
Lancer Evo!

Oh, wait, that's right, there already are only 2-4 variations per model year/production run. :sly:

There's no real way to get good, close and exciting racing out of them. They're so twitchy, at high speeds, that DS3 users can't even drive them, side-by-side, at SSRX. I've tried, it's no fun being crashed into, because of how twitchy they are, regardless of which track you're on.

Entirely untrue considering I've raced them at various tracks online. Don't confuse what you can or can't do with what's possible.

Especially considering that the slightest of taps changes the aerodynamic signature of the car, and therefore causes a sudden change in grip, causing, in most cases, a complete loss of control.
What?

Also, why is the X1 suddenly worth five other cars? At best, you would get 1 car for the X1, and honestly the X1 is just about one of the best cars you could have in a racing sim. You're not going to get to see or drive in it real life anytime soon, but at least a virtual model can exist.

If there was a problem with the X1, the only one I can think of is the lack of realism in GT5's physics. You would think that fan cars and ground effects were without flaws based on GT5. These things were banned partly because they were fast but mostly because you really had to know your limits to tap into so much performance.

Entirely untrue considering I've raced them at various tracks online. Don't confuse what you can or can't do with what's possible.

What?

Also, why is the X1 suddenly worth five other cars? At best, you would get 1 car for the X1, and honestly the X1 is just about one of the best cars you could have in a racing sim. You're not going to get to see or drive in it real life anytime soon, but at least a virtual model can exist.

If there was a problem with the X1, the only one I can think of is the lack of realism in GT5's physics. You would think that fan cars and ground effects were without flaws based on GT5. These things were banned partly because they were fast but mostly because you really had to know your limits to tap into so much performance.

It's worth 5 cars, because:

• X2010 prototype
  • X2010
  • X2010 Seb. Vet.
  • X2011
  • physics engine not having to compute for X2011 speeds

And, the physics engine struggles with it, and you and I know it. The aero changes are so drastic, but the computer has to try and calculate for the difference between when the wheels are touching the ground versus not, meaning that it becomes unstable (and comes off of the ground) very easily, after making contact with any other car, OR a curb/kerb.

The five cars I would remove are;
  • X2010
  • X2011
  • Tank Car
  • Kubelwagen
  • Schwimwagen
I feel like all the cars except these 5 server a purpose. The Tank Car is useless all around unless you like to be an 🤬 online, the X series is only useful in the damn near impossible challenge(for me at least), and the Wagens are only used in the TGTT special event. Not worth the time they spent to model them in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back