The five cars that you DO NOT want in GT6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but they're not different cars. If I buy a Renault Clio and a Renault Lutecia and put them next to each other I've got two copies of the same car/model, not two different ones. Plus in this case it's nothing to do with pronunciation, it's because Honda owns the rights to the name Clio in Japan.

That's the problem, that they're included as separate cars and count towards the overall count as 8 cars, not 4. It's just an outright lie to say GT5 has 1000+ unique cars when many of them are exactly the same.

They still get you closer to your 1000 cars platinum trophy. 💡

Of course, if we're going to talk about cars that are almost identical, why do we need two Audi R8s? They're both premium, and I still can't tell a difference that's not related to the size of the motor.

Depends on what one may think of as "unique." :P

u·nique/yo͞oˈnēk/
Adjective:
Being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else: "the situation was unique in modern politics"; "original and unique designs".

I'd love for someone to argue a Renault Lutecia and Renault Clio are both unique cars.

They still get you closer to your 1000 cars platinum trophy. 💡

Of course, if we're going to talk about cars that are almost identical, why do we need two Audi R8s? They're both premium, and I still can't tell a difference that's not related to the size of the motor.

So they're different then, aren't they? The Renault's, S2000s, MX-5s and many other cars are not different either physically or mechanically. The only difference is where the steering wheel is if PD have bothered to model that difference which as Toronado points out, a lot of the time they haven't.

Although I don't really like the Lancer Evolution, I've thought that they could be an exception to the duplicate problem. The Special T.M Edition, the RS models, plus the wierd Evo VII GTA are very different from the GSR's and MR's. So yeah, they could stay.

Also the Imprezas. The first gen Impreza could keep at leat one sedan, a wagon and a coupe.

And for all that are hating on the K' cars, the environmental friendly cars and the Tank Car:

The Kei cars are important in the Japanese Culture, and thus should stay. But I agree that not all of them are really relevant. Some cleaning could be done. But one thing is for sure: The Capuccino and Autozam are staying.

The Hybrids and electrics add viriety to the game. Remember it's the "Real Driving Simulator." But, I have to agree that the Prius is not a very helpful car. Same thing with the Mitsubishi i-miev. Their problem is the gearbox that limit both cars to a very poor acceleration and top speed.

The Leaf is great and fun to drive, the Insight and CR-Z don't even feel like hybrids, and last the Tesla Roadster that (lets face it) it's an amazing ride.

The Tank car not only is a car that belongs to an iconic car enthusiast, but it makes a great cruiser and it sounds amazing. The only thing that could benefit this car would be a custom gearbox, and if turned into premium (which is too much to ask). Of course, you will hate if you don't really care about cars, or if you expect too much from it.

Last edited:
I'd love for someone to argue a Renault Lutecia and Renault Clio are both unique cars.

I thought about someone pulling up the definition. However, I do believe people are permitted to have their own interpretation on the level or scale of uniqueness or of any other such words.

They still get you closer to your 1000 cars platinum trophy.
There are already enough problems with GT5 that came from designing it around trophies. I'd rather they didn't repeat it for GT6.

Because those actually are different cars; with different performance, engines and subtly different styling that PD took great pains to model (early engine cover glitch notwithstanding). Changing the exterior badging on a Eunos Roadster to read "MX-5 Miata" and doing nothing else isn't close to the same thing.

Why do we need two R8 LMS Race Cars? No livery editor, why not have options?
Because many games not worried about having mythical features to slap on the back of the box would have just made the Team PlayStation model a color variation or the solid model.

Or, in other words, we don't.

Why do we need two R8 LMS Race Cars? No livery editor, why not have options?

Why do we need ANY cars? :ouch: This thread's about the cars we don't want, not the brand names we don't want.

If I don't want to see Chevy in GT6, should I be posting here? No.

Why, then, should people post, saying that they don't want to see "Miata" or "Lutecia" in here, when they're also just names?!

This thread's about which CARS we don't want to see, not which names we don't want to see. :yuck: Tank Car, Citroën GT, X- cars etc. have no real motorsports heritage, and no real standing in a "Real life simulator."

Why, then, should people post, saying that they don't want to see "Miata" or "Lutecia" in here, when they're also just names?!
Except they aren't. PD doesn't treat them as "just names." They treat them as entirely separate cars in the car list.

And because when it comes to questioning GT6's car list and what cars we'd like to not see in it, repeating the problems that people have had with the series since GTPSP is a perfectly justifiable thing to do no matter how much you want to write it off.

Why do we need ANY cars? :ouch: This thread's about the cars we don't want, not the brand names we don't want.

If I don't want to see Chevy in GT6, should I be posting here? No.

This thread's about which CARS we don't want to see, not which names we don't want to see. :yuck: Tank Car, Citroën GT, X- cars etc. have no real motorsports heritage, and no real standing in a "Real life simulator."

That made no sense. The Lutecia is a car. I don't want it in GT6 as a seperate car because it's identical to the Clio car except for name.

Nissan Skyline GTR/Nissan GTR (Drop all of them except ONE for each gen)
What about the RWD models?

Mazda Miata (Drop all of them except ONE for each gen)
There were changes made to them even in the middle of a gen, I agree that there doesn't need to be 20, but 2-3 for each gen would be fine.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo(Drop all of them except ONE for each gen)

Same again, I wouldn't want to give up my T.M.E.

Subaru Impreza(Drop all of them except one for each gen)

No wagons? :(

Honda S2000 (Please. One street and maybe a racing model. Screw the racing/tunned model. Give those tunners the ability to create their own instead.)

There has to be the normal ones, the Spec V, and the AP1 and AP2 versions, they used different engines after all.

Except they aren't. PD doesn't treat them as "just names." They treat them as entirely separate cars in the car list.

Therefore, stop trying to remove the cars that are still reasonable in the game. If you're saying that they're "entirely separate cars," their purpose is legitimate.

Therefore, stop trying to remove the cars that are still reasonable in the game. If you're saying that they're "entirely separate cars," their purpose is legitimate.

You make no sense. They're not reasonable in the game and we're not saying they're entirely separate cars, PD are.

No. I'm saying that PD treats them as entirely separate cars, causing problems that have already been explained. Not that they actually are, because they are not.
And you still have to explain what legitimate purpose they serve besides padding the car count before you just say that they have one.

Last edited:
This thread is off-topic :dunce:.
Really? Are we having this discussion now? Two years after the GT5 comes out and in a GT6 thread?!?

MrMelancholy15

There you go again.. . . .

This thread is off-topic :dunce:.
Really? Are we having this discussion now? Two years after the GT5 comes out and in a GT6 thread?!?

No it's not. We've gone beyond five cars maybe but these are still the cars we don't want in GT6. As the title asks.

This thread is off-topic :dunce:. Really? Are we having this discussion now? Two years after the GT5 comes out and in a GT6 thread?!?
"The five cars that you DO NOT want in GT6."

And we've been discussing why we don't want any of the regional duplicates to return for GT6. So, outside of us no just posting lists of 5 cars... what is the issue, exactly?

Last edited:

And you still have to explain what legitimate purpose they serve besides padding the car count before you just say that they have one.

If I ran a Renault trophy car race, I'd allow both models. Considering that, in most cases, the only way to get a Renault trophy car, is to buy one in the Used Car Dealership, having two names and two versions doubles the likelihood of seeing that car, and therefore allows more people to join that series.

If I ran a Renault trophy car race, I'd allow both models. Considering that, in most cases, the only way to get a Renault trophy car, is to buy one in the Used Car Dealership, having two names and two versions doubles the likelihood of seeing that car, and therefore allows more people to join that series.
Interesting that you bring this up while completely ignoring the fact that such padding also means that the actually unique cars don't show up in the UCD as often because of how the UCD is structured. As can be plainly seen any time you load up the UCD and 2/3rds of it is Miatas and S2000s.

To say nothing about how a proper marketplace feature in GT6 would make this a non-issue anyway (nor how even the barebones "gift" system means that it isn't an issue even in GT5).

Ok I've got another one

Mazda Atenza Touring Car
435g9692.jpg

Mazda Mazda6 Touring Car
466g5063.jpg

No I didn't copy the same image twice by accident, they are two different cars in GT5. The best thing is it's not even a real car.

I personaly don't want to see a Ford Focus due to personal reasons. On a more realistic note, I don't want to see prototypes that already have a real road version. I understand they are important in the world of automotive but you don't see them in motorsports often. How many times have you seen a Camaro IROC concept '88 in a real race? How about the Nissan GTR promo concept? Yeah it was nice to see the GTR before it came out but since it has, why should there be a version that nobody will ever drive again? As for the whole "cope and paste of different regions" and "badge change counted as a whole different car" arguement, I fully agree.

What about the RWD models?

There were changes made to them even in the middle of a gen, I agree that there doesn't need to be 20, but 2-3 for each gen would be fine.

Same again, I wouldn't want to give up my T.M.E.

No wagons? :(

There has to be the normal ones, the Spec V, and the AP1 and AP2 versions, they used different engines after all.

I forgot about the pre-FM plataform RWD Skylines. You are right. The GTS-T and such. They are great cars. They should add at least one sedan of the pre-FM plataform as well. Like the Autec GTR R33 sedan of GT2.

The Evos, you're right as well. Look for my other comment. Same with the Imprezas.

As for the Miatas, most NA gen Miatas in the game are just trim levels. I really dont feel the difference in handling or perfomance. The only noticeble difference in performance would be between the first NA and the last one. Even both premium miatas are virtually the same car, except fot the steering wheel and gear knob.

To be honest, I haven't compared the S2000's in GT5. I once made a test in GT4 and all of them felt the same and managed virtually equal lap times, which made me realize that PD didn't really care about making them different(I could be wrong though). If at least two should stay, that would be the JDM versions. The '99 one and the last ('06?) which have completely different engines.

SimonK

Ok I've got another one

Mazda Atenza Touring Car
(A picture of a Mazda Atenza)
Mazda Mazda6 Touring Car
(A picture of a completely different car)

No I didn't copy the same image twice by accident, they are two different cars in GT5. The best thing is it's not even a real car.

When I see things like this, and then remember PD's statments about how many cars there are in the game, it's really hard to find a reason to defend them against fanboys of other racing titles. This is really sad... I didn't even know there were two of these.

Last edited:

Hey, you make as much sense as PD! You must be a PD employee! Tell us what we will have in store for GT6. :D

Seriously? The Yellowbird is awesome! :D

My pick:
Any of the X1's
Bugatti Veyron
Jay Leno Tank car
Kübelwagen
Schwimmwagen

How can you say that Veyron shouldn't be in GT6? Ever since release, we've all heard so many complaints that the veyron wasn't a premium, yet you want it out of the sim completely? Are you one of those "only my opinion" matters type of people or something?

Nobody cares if you don't like it. The fact is it's one of the most well known and sought after cars in the past decade, nay, the past century, yet you think they shouldn't even bother? Whether you like it or not, it's one of the most famous cars ever made and an amazing technical achievement. GT5 car lists usually have a strong connection with history, and historically it would be insane to not include it.

Just want to say that the IROC-Z Concept came out after the IROC-Z, it was a performance version.

I forgot about the pre-FM plataform RWD Skylines. You are right. The GTS-T and such. They are great cars. They should add at least one sedan of the pre-FM plataform as well. Like the Autec GTR R33 sedan of GT2.

The Evos, you're right as well. Look for my other comment. Same with the Imprezas.

As for the Miatas, most NA gen Miatas in the game are just trim levels. I really dont feel the difference in handling or perfomance. The only noticeble difference in performance would be between the first NA and the last one. Even both premium miatas are virtually the same car, except fot the steering wheel and gear knob.

To be honest, I haven't compared the S2000's in GT5. I once made a test in GT4 and all of them felt the same and managed virtually equal lap times, which made me realize that PD didn't really care about making them different(I could be wrong though). If at least two should stay, that would be the JDM versions. The '99 one and the last ('06?) which have completely different engines.

Finally someone I can agree with.

It should also be said that the Atenza touring car does exist, but PD doesn't have the license to the SCCA.

Proof:
images

This car (using the same specs as in the game) competes in SCCA competitions, though PD doesn't have SCCA licensing to use this car.

Finally someone I can agree with.

It should also be said that the Atenza touring car does exist, but PD doesn't have the license to the SCCA.

Proof:
images

This car (using the same specs as in the game) competes in SCCA competitions, though PD doesn't have SCCA licensing to use this car.

Fine, but is there also an identical version with the 6 name instead of Atenza? I don't think so.

Actually upon googling it's the other way around. The real one is the 6 but PD made an identical one called the Atenza, it's Japanese name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back