The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Ah so much cute Eli on this page. BiBi is the best sub-group IMO. Those black/gold outfits are amazing.
12654236_1555205711463914_6412946286466726174_n.jpg

12661977_1554984478152704_7547596526803545257_n.jpg

12592456_1554574051527080_7396666935933733317_n.jpg

Today is Kusuda Aina's (Nozomi) birthday today.
12665590_10208567428491471_1907648470_n.jpg

SVX
Basically, the ending scenes of EoE was the ignition of Third Impact, begun by the berserk Unit 01 - with the instrumentality project ignited by Rei as she morphed with Lilith, rejecting Gendo. Instrumentality begun, with everyone exploding into LCL, with people doing so via versions of Rei formed as the people they most love/care about/trust. Shinji continues Third Impact with the mentality that humanity must die as no one accepts him. He then learns that in order for people to accept him, he must accept himself. Shinji cancels Third Impact, with the people that have formed into LCL to get the choice of whether they will live again via whether they have the will to do so. The final scene is of Shinji testing Asuka, with her stroking her symbolizing that she does in fact accept Shinji.

This is only my understanding, though.

Well, that's literally what happens. What does it mean though? How does it provide any sort of resolution to the story?
Would people think of Evangelion as unfinished if the instrumentality stuff was cut out, and it had just stopped after Episode 24, and if so, would they just want a bit of a epilogue telling us what the characters did next. Or maybe an alternate ending with a more coherent narrative about Gendo and SEELE both trying to use the Eva's to become god?

Also, Shinji "testing" Asuka. What a jerk he must be then.

@TayeezSA 1.0 is worth watching for the animation and the cool giant robot stuff, 2.0 is kinda mediocre and introduces Mari Sue who serves no purpose beyond promoting Renault Méganes, 3.0 is worth it for the piano yaoi and whatever the hell the rest of it was.

Death and Rebirth is a clip show thing. Not worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks chaps for the insight.

So the order of films after EoE so far goes like this then?

Death & Rebirth
Eva 1.0
Eva 2.0
Eva 3.0

I did a bit of reading now so from what I can See, because I've seen the original series now, I should skip most of Death & Rebirth except for the last segment. Eva 1.0 skip completely, Eva 2.0 & 3.0, watch those. Does that seem about right?
Death & Rebirth isn't part of the Rebuild series, it's just a very condensed form of the TV show and then the first bit of EoE. You don't need to watch it.

Yugioh ARC-V is starting to become amazing ever since Duel Academy has invaded the Synchro Dimension and now there is a 3-Way War in City between, City's Sector Security, Duel Academy and the Lancers.

Though I am very disappointed in the reveal of the Dragon that represents the Fusion Dimension. With every counterpart of Yuya (even Yuya himself). You first get a silhouette of the Dragon before it is actually revealed. In episode 47, we got out look at the Fusion Dimension's Dragon Silhouette, nearly 50 episodes later (which is way too long in comparison to the Synchro Dimension's Dragon which was revealed only 30 episodes later), we finally saw the fusion dragon; Venom Starve Fusion Dragon. However, it looks NOTHING like the Silhouette, and not in the cool way. It has stupid ox horns on its head and doesn't even have the snake like appearance which made the Silhouette so intriguing and unique in comparison to the other Dragons.

Found your next cosplay idea @SVX
12647061_1067055773317530_8683934544012099703_n.png

Last time something like this was brought up, I actually did it. :P

Well, that's literally what happens. What does it mean though? How does it provide any sort of resolution to the story?
Would people think of Evangelion as unfinished if the instrumentality stuff was cut out, and it had just stopped after Episode 24, and if so, would they just want a bit of a epilogue telling us what the characters did next. Or maybe an alternate ending with a more coherent narrative about Gendo and SEELE both trying to use the Eva's to become god?

Also, Shinji "testing" Asuka. What a jerk he must be then.

That's a valid point. Lemme get back to you at some stage.

^^ This post proves what I have long suspected. I find most anime indistinguishable and interchangeable. Pictures from Oreimikoi Live, I see?

Idol Collection
Sounds like one of those edgy videos that shows how not cool it is to be an otaku.

I will apologise for ruining the last two pages with my Love Live insanity and I promise I will talk about something else here within the next 6 years. It's all Tumblr's fault, I swear.

But for now, there's just one more thing I've found that's really reaaaaaaally important because I was looking for a translation of it very much recently...and now one got uploaded today. So here's my official favourite piece of manga from the franchise.

Now let's all just go ahead and talk about something like that Phantom World thing that I'm also seeing a lot of. I'm sure that's much more interesting.

I will apologise for ruining the last two pages with my Love Live insanity and I promise I will talk about something else here within the next 6 years. It's all Tumblr's fault, I swear.
I will apologise for ruining the last two pages with my Love Live insanity and I promise I will talk about something else here within the next 6 years.
I will apologise for ruining the last two pages with my Love Live insanity
I will apologise for ruining

nope.avi

But for now, there's just one more thing I've found that's really reaaaaaaally important because I was looking for a translation of it very much recently...and now one got uploaded today. So here's my official favourite piece of manga from the franchise.

Alright, once I finish Shinsekai, Love Live! and Koyomimonogatari, I'm going on an anime hiatus and reading manga. Damn that was cute.

Yeah, so, I started watching From The New World. It's... interesting. Good? I'll have to wait and see. The animation style seems to be Monogatari meets NGE meets Digimon, which is... different. The first episode was confusing but by episode 4 I feel I have a slightly better handle on things. I don't really feel like I care about the characters at the moment though. Honestly I'd rather there was more of the stuff about 500 year old emperors and warriors than stuff about kids going camping.

Also, what was the whole Robot Wars thing even about? Does that become relevant?

Yeah, so, I started watching From The New World. It's... interesting. Good? I'll have to wait and see. The animation style seems to be Monogatari meets NGE meets Digimon, which is... different. The first episode was confusing but by episode 4 I feel I have a slightly better handle on things. I don't really feel like I care about the characters at the moment though. Honestly I'd rather there was more of the stuff about 500 year old emperors and warriors than stuff about kids going camping.

Also, what was the whole Robot Wars thing even about? Does that become relevant?

Oooooooooh you're in for a ride mate....

Did you mean those competitions involving those little clay sculptures and moving a ball around?
Yes. These episodes are here to inform you of how the society of this world works.

So NGE, my ramblings I guess....

The Original Series.

So the original series in all its confusing nature was in my eyes, addicting, relatable and to me a good embodiment of what happens when mankind decides to get way too close to a religious being (ie God) and such religious being reacts by telling mankind ,"Oi mate, sit down or I'll smack you in the gabber if you don't stop your rubbish I swear."

You could really see Anno's state of mind at the time rubbing off onto the characters what with the psychoanalysis, depression and unstable states of mind within the characters. Our 3 Eva pilots were pretty messed up and Gendo was an evil but slick womanizing dude, sorry Ritsuko and Mum. However for me, Misato took the crown. I had a bit of a hassle trying to understand Misato until I saw DemoD's analysis videos, thinking back to what I saw, I had a few eureka moments, not only with her though but with some other characters. Strangely though, I took a particular interest to Asuka despite her rather extreme 'Tsundere though I'm pretty messed up' nature. Maybe because some girls are like that in real life, well..... From what I've seen...

EoE after some thinking actually was a good ending to the original series. The Human Instrumentality Project to me was essentially just The Rapture. Leaving humanity to restart with Asuka and Shinji, though I think Shinji was just confused in the end. I agree with what @SVX said though in terms of Shinji testing Asuka.

The Rebuilds.

Ok, the Rebuilds looked beautiful. Great to look at plus they were entertaining to boot. Though I do agree with what some hardcore Eva fans had to say, the characters lacked the same impact that they had in the original series. There was less of the psychoanalysis and less of the messed up nature coming from the original series. Honestly I think with the 3 films out so far, if the characters had the same impact as with the original series and if it was done nicely, then the first 3 films would have been beastly. Kaworu's death didn't really affect all that much, the descent into madness by Asuka (From the OG series) hit me more than that did.

Mari Sue irritated me a bit though (She looks good, yes, she has the glasses woooooooo) but she just felt shoehorned in just for some fanservice which bugged me. Well, I hope she will be elaborated upon in 4.0, if it ever comes out.

Overall, since I've now watched NGE properly, with an open mind and with some analysis involved, it made more sense and it was quite enjoyable. Though it didn't make complete sense...

Oi Anno, mate, finish that Eva 4.0.

I'm thinking between Love Live! or Teenage Romance SNAFU! Season 2 for the next watch.

The odd eye-brow dude from Arc-V is back with a creepy Fusion Summon face:

I'm going to have nightmares.

Anyway, I actually watched Prison School (I suggest don't if you want to keep your childhood), but even when I watched it with its 24/7 innuendos. I payed attention to only the ones that actually mattered to the overall plot (which was little). Childhood retained :D.

Latest Posts

Back