The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Which con? Honestly somewhere like London MCM I'd rather go alone to have time to browse the stalls and not worry about getting lost. A smaller one, like one of the ones in the Midlands or whatever would likely be more fun in a group.

London MCM. I dunno, I thought pretty much all the stalls sold the same things within their respective category. Next to no Kimi No Na Wa stuff, and also nothing from Gravity Rush or Konosuba.

It's not even out yet.

I meant it as in have anyone seen the trailer and have any thoughts on it

So far Fall season is going well to me at least. Still waiting if there is any bomb dropped from shows I've watched this season. I also feel that I've got hooked with Inuyashiki (is there anyone here watch this thing?). Definitely a worth watching if you like some kind of hero vs villain type of story.

Speaking of seasonal anime, here is my pick of favorite OP and ED song :

OP :

And why it is good :

ED :

(Full version of Kekkai Sensen season 2 ED theme song)

And as usual, here some daily dose of idols :

Found a nice crossover fanart between real life and fictional Aqours member @SVX @jus1029 :

__komiya_arisa_and_kurosawa_dia_love_live_and_love_live_sunshine_drawn_by_surfing_orange__f0af9b6468f181fa760f7d76c5bc8ca6.jpg

And my favorite subunit :

__aida_rikako_and_sakurauchi_riko_love_live_and_love_live_sunshine_drawn_by_surfing_orange__8f20b90d5276f4d71bcfdc4f0df43cf0.jpg

__kobayashi_aika_and_tsushima_yoshiko_love_live_and_love_live_sunshine_drawn_by_surfing_orange__71176e6a0fb5e91aa6b396bf10fc764e.jpg

__ohara_mari_and_suzuki_aina_love_live_and_love_live_sunshine_drawn_by_surfing_orange__5eac80076826571290ef46f5b3962686.jpg

More illustrations here :

https://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=18392249

Squee! Those are so incredibly adorable.

I'm interested in both. Heard plenty about Kuroko - of course I would, it's bloody popular - but never had the time or inclination to get into it. Tell me more.

Basically, it's Initial D with basketball. Original season is really well done and shows a true effort of a somewhat believable sports anime. Rising from the top, not going to perfectly, etc. Then as the story goes on the bull increases and then by the end you think you're watching Dragonball Z.

Sounds about right for a sports anime. I'm well used to Captain Tsubasa, after all. Maybe Slam Dunk is a little more down to earth? I'm not 100% sure about that, either.

Sounds about right for a sports anime. I'm well used to Captain Tsubasa, after all. Maybe Slam Dunk is a little more down to earth? I'm not 100% sure about that, either.

So you watch Captain Tsubasa right? Man, that thing is my childhood stuff! Every kids back then all of them knows Tsubasa, even the special character moves! Was aired in local TV stations in early '00s and it was such a boom. They aired the original anime series and even the remake (last seen it was about 2006, but they re-run it again in 2010 if I remember, then I never saw it again...) Combined that with Korea-Japan World Cup back then we have a crazy soccer fever at that time...

We also had Slam Dunk with our own dubbed version as well as Tsubasa. I'm not into basketball anime really but it was such a memorable show. It was popular as Yu Yu Hakusho as it is being broadcast at the same time. And those also from the early 00's.

I've heard from local anime fans here to broadcast anime series is costly and expensive these days (Idk the exact reason, but it is something to do with tax and permission). That's why now there is only few local TV stations that is still broadcasting anime, but it is just a Naruto over and over again. In some chance I did found Aikatsu and there was a single episode of Yowamushi Pedal. And few episodes of Fairy Tail.

I got into Captain Tsubasa not through its anime, but its games. From them, I learned the plot and consequently went and watched the Road to 2002 remake and its subsequent new arc. I just think the whole series is great, in general.

In other news, I hate to bring up Idolmaster in your faces yet again, but I must, for something important is happening tomorrow; a CinFes is starting on Starlight Stage. My wallet is (not) ready. Swear down though, if they don't put Kanade in this one, I'll fly over to Japan and let Namco know how I feel myself. Wonder who the new CinFes idol is gonna be, though...

EDIT: More big, big news: Touhou is coming to Steam. ZUN said he plans to put HSiFS and the all new AoCF on it at the Winter Comiket. This is a game-changer for the series. A huge one.

Last edited:
I got into Captain Tsubasa not through its anime, but its games. From them, I learned the plot and consequently went and watched the Road to 2002 remake and its subsequent new arc. I just think the whole series is great, in general.

In other news, I hate to bring up Idolmaster in your faces yet again, but I must, for something important is happening tomorrow; a CinFes is starting on Starlight Stage. My wallet is (not) ready. Swear down though, if they don't put Kanade in this one, I'll fly over to Japan and let Namco know how I feel myself. Wonder who the new CinFes idol is gonna be, though...

Okay, good to know that. And yes some kids here also played the game too. It is so popular that every one of us know every characters and their names. Also, some of us be able to memorize the dialogue/lines from the anime while playing football! :lol: It is quite funny if I remember that.

Also speaking of Idolmaster some talented player showoff his/her liveries in GTS...

...and there is also these...

Still waiting for LLS itasha though...

I just want someone to put Mio on a Mitsubishi so I can make a joke about her song Mitsuboshi. That's one itasha I wanna see.

So yes, CinFes has been going for over 6 hours now. Now, the chance of getting any SSR is doubled, but the real prizes here are the CinFes cards which only come round for these events. However, with the exception of the newest CinFes card (this time, it's Anastasia), they are notably less likely to show up. I was expecting to waste a lot of time - and money - trying to get even one of them. But, I went and did my first 10-roll early this morning. Guess who showed up?

DSc4Mx5.png

Let me try and put getting this card into some perspective.

The chance of getting one of the previous CinFes idols like this one is 1.5%. There are 16 of them, which means the odds of getting a specific one is 0.0625%. That means I had a 1/1600 chance of getting this specific card. (Well, 1/160, since it was a 10-roll.) I swear I wasn't even trying to get her, or anything. Aiming for a specific CinFes card is, to put it mildly, ill-advised. That I managed to get one at all is pretty special. That it just so happened to be my waifu is utterly incredible. That I got her on my first ****ing 10-roll... Well, put it this way. I hadn't been up for long, and I was pinching myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I'm pretty sure I didn't slip any acid into my morning coffee, either. She's on my actual Starlight Stage... She's really there. And I can't believe it.

...You know what? We can stop all anime, now, because it's just not gonna get better than this. Ever. Long live Kanade ****ing Hayami.

Seriously though, I'm not sure what more she could do to be any better. Unless she, I dunno, gets a new card in the next limited gacha and I get that first try as well, or something. But surely I'm not that lucky?

Last edited:
I just want someone to put Mio on a Mitsubishi so I can make a joke about her song Mitsuboshi. That's one itasha I wanna see.

So yes, CinFes has been going for over 6 hours now. Now, the chance of getting any SSR is doubled, but the real prizes here are the CinFes cards which only come round for these events. However, with the exception of the newest CinFes card (this time, it's Anastasia), they are notably less likely to show up. I was expecting to waste a lot of time - and money - trying to get even one of them. But, I went and did my first 10-roll early this morning. Guess who showed up?

DSc4Mx5.png

The chance of getting one of the previous CinFes idols like this one is 1.5%. There are 16 of them, which means the odds of getting a specific one is 0.0625%. That means I had a 1/1600 chance of getting this specific card. (Well, 1/160, since it was a 10-roll.) I swear I wasn't even trying to get her, or anything. Aiming for a specific CinFes card is, to put it mildly, ill-advised. That I managed to get one at all is pretty special. That it just so happened to be my waifu is utterly incredible. That I got her on my first ****ing 10-roll... Well, put it this way. I hadn't been up for long, and I was pinching myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I'm pretty sure I didn't slip any acid into my morning coffee, either. She's on my actual Starlight Stage... She's really there. And I can't believe it.

...You know what? We can stop all anime, now, because it's just not gonna get better than this. Ever. Long live Kanade ****ing Hayami.

Seriously though, I'm not sure what more she could do to be any better. Unless she, I dunno, gets a new card in the next limited gacha and I get that first try as well, or something. But surely I'm not that lucky?

Tbh, I kind of curious with your waifu Kanade. How is her personality and who is her seiyuu though? Cause I think I found she is rather attractive than other Im@s characters... :P

How is her personality

Flirty as all hell. Sexy and she knows it. Bangs on about kissing a lot. But mysterious deep down and real mature, too. Trust me, she's much better than I'm making her sound.

who is her seiyuu though?

Yuuko Iida. She literally helped me get into Idolmaster. After all, I knew about Kanade's song before I realised she was this good.

Yes, I only got into Idolmaster three months after I discovered my favourite thing in it. And now she has made me a permanent legal resident of idol hell. If you told me at the start of this year that this is where I'd be now...

Flirty as all hell. Sexy and she knows it. Bangs on about kissing a lot. But mysterious deep down and real mature, too. Trust me, she's much better than I'm making her sound.

Yuuko Iida. She literally helped me get into Idolmaster. After all, I knew about Kanade's song before I realised she was this good.

Yes, I only got into Idolmaster three months after I discovered my favourite thing in it. And now she has made me a permanent legal resident of idol hell. If you told me at the start of this year that this is where I'd be now...

She seems like my type though :embarrassed: Mature, attractive and mysterious... Everything is spot on. Lovely.

Also, does the seiyuu have other voice acting role outside Im@s? Looks like I've never heard her name before. Or maybe I just forgot.

Yuuko has a couple of roles outside iM@s, but nothing too notable.

Thanks. Yeah, almost all of her role is supporting character and only few of them is quite notable, but not that mu
ch.

However, I did know Gazelle from Princess Principal. She was an antagonist/villain type character and she quite lethal. But she only appeared in few episodes and have little screen time so her appeal isn't that much apparent unfortunately.

And btw for those who likes Hibike Euphonium I've got some good stuff right here :

That is actually a second season Hibike ending theme song "Vivace" being played in wind orchestra. I would prefer this compared to the original any day tbh...

DSc4Mx5.png

These games get you hooked on collecting things you have a low chance of getting. Hope you're not spending money on this.

These games get you hooked on collecting things you have a low chance of getting. Hope you're not spending money on this.

Not anymore I ain't. (Well, not until Kanade gets a third and final limited card, then I'll go for that. But that hasn't happened. Yet.) I spent my fair share already but no way is anything better than that gonna happen. Because that, as they say, is why we play the games. And it's not like it was that expensive, anyway. Not unless I wanted it to be.

EDIT: For ****'s sake.

Welp. Once more into the gacha, my dear friends.

Last edited:
As a tribute, towards the current/last-generation WRX STI being retired in the UK, here’s its female personification from Syanago Collection, looking beautiful as usual:

(Final Moment w/ Lancer Evo 10 Final Edition):
6C625569-E44B-4F7E-8080-5DA2862E33FF.jpeg

(Special Outfit, not in game):
00519D24-7D98-4168-8209-04A358E126D4.jpeg

(Default Ver.):
901FE1D8-D8F4-4D51-B3DC-7D302CDDF1B3.jpeg

(S207 Nürburgring Challenge Ver.):
3871691D-69FA-4018-92D1-B669FAB127AB.jpeg

(Epic Pose, w/Hawk-eye Headlight Goggles on):
DBA10851-1C6F-4DF2-9E6C-2527A7642628.jpeg

Have a great vacation, WRX-san...

(Artist’s Galleries): http://1urametro.web.fc2.com/works.html

http://1urametro.web.fc2.com/gallery2.html

Last edited:
As a tribute, towards the current/last-generation WRX STI being retired in the UK, here’s its female personification from Syanago Collection, looking beautiful as usual:

(Final Moment w/ Lancer Evo 10 Final Edition):
View attachment 686521

(Special Outfit, not in game):
View attachment 686517

(Default Ver.):
View attachment 686519

(S207 Nürburgring Challenge Ver.):
View attachment 686516

(Epic Pose, w/Hawk-eye Headlight Goggles on):
View attachment 686513

Have a great vacation, WRX-san...

(Artist’s Galleries): http://1urametro.web.fc2.com/works.html

http://1urametro.web.fc2.com/gallery2.html
...Aaaaaaaaaand I just got hit right in the feels.

Hell yeah. Now I really do have an excuse to properly play HSiFS. (Well, I say properly - I cleared it on day 1, but I haven't played it for anything like a prolonged period.)

Anyway. I really am done with Starlight Stage now.

FCnTw7z.png

Never again will I have to spend money on this game's gacha. Not when it was basically perfect this week, and not when I now have the three cards I want most of all.

Sorry, you were saying about gacha games, @AOS- ?

Did anyone here played this ?

__monika_natsuki_sayori_and_yuri_doki_doki_literature_club_and_jojo_no_kimyou_na_bouken_drawn_by_zedxxx__08dd34c0bd0593adf2714d346ee6fba1.jpg

(Idk why but I found this fanart is both funny and clever with putting JoJo reference... Also, that pose... lol)

Remember... Just Monika...
__monika_natsuki_sayori_and_yuri_doki_doki_literature_club_drawn_by_kuzudon__bab882600f59849b207595f8d5e67cab.png
Yuri... Why you don't have a good end? WHY??? :(
Her shy and mature personality is adorable and sweet imo, my favorite in this game.

__yuri_doki_doki_literature_club_drawn_by_namii__101a6af8acd7e2bd7559043ab6c5eb81.png

Sayori. She literally can't get the "hang" of herself... She hides her sadness with a smile... That's quite touching... and painful...

__sayori_doki_doki_literature_club_drawn_by_namii__303b1761f52ef799c4b4cac8667126ad.png

Natsuki. Probably a likeable tsundere character I ever seen and less annoying. And cupcakes...

__natsuki_doki_doki_literature_club_drawn_by_namii__7935dcaca71a513b04cf6ea8d264607c.png

And again Monika. FYI she is the one who later takes the entire plot and become the last boss of this game. Surprising to have less desirable character at the beginning took the spot at the climax of the story and takes control of the entire game. And I mean literally...

Anyway still, as ever :

__monika_doki_doki_literature_club_drawn_by_namii__2d4e23afb2177bc3f79bef1c831967df.png

J U S T

M O N I K A

:D :lol: :scared:

Edit : Fixed some typo's

Last edited:
Gacha games just reminded me we'll never get a decent Eva game.

Sayori
is definitely best girl. Anyone who disagrees can cash me outside.

Nah, it is fine mate. I don't think arguing over the best girl is worth your time. Besides, I also gain some respect for her after knowing her true feelings, before the "thing" is happened.

So, I decided to give a 14 day trial of Crunchyroll a whirl, and decided to watch Yuri On Ice because from what I've seen of gifs.

I'm glad I did.

It's a really good show, beautifully animated. Helps too that the show is keeping me interested with being a relatively level headed and realistic sports anime. There's some problematic elements - it does stray into fujoshi elements occasionally but it certainly feels a lot more honest and realistic in same sex relationships then some other recent popular anime (looking at you Free)

I can see why this show has been popular, and if you're willing to tough it out through the fujoshi elements, it's certainly a good watch.

So, I decided to give a 14 day trial of Crunchyroll a whirl, and decided to watch Yuri On Ice because from what I've seen of gifs.

I'm glad I did.

It's a really good show, beautifully animated. Helps too that the show is keeping me interested with being a relatively level headed and realistic sports anime. There's some problematic elements - it does stray into fujoshi elements occasionally but it certainly feels a lot more honest and realistic in same sex relationships then some other recent popular anime (looking at you Free)

I can see why this show has been popular, and if you're willing to tough it out through the fujoshi elements, it's certainly a good watch.

I agree. Put the fujoshi factors aside and it is actually a decent sport anime. There is sportsmanship and each characaters are giving their best to fulfilled their dedication and passion for the sake of the sports. Also, the way on how technique and moves were done is also near identical to real life. Even some ice skating athletes who watch this admit that they likes the way how it captured the essence of the sports itself.

I agree. Put the fujoshi factors aside and it is actually a decent sport anime. There is sportsmanship and each characaters are giving their best to fulfilled their dedication and passion for the sake of the sports. Also, the way on how technique and moves were done is also near identical to real life. Even some ice skating athletes who watch this admit that they likes the way how it captured the essence of the sports itself.

I myself find that it also makes me reminisce about watching figure skating on CBC Sports Saturday, or being in the rink, in the dead of winter in Canada.

It really helps they put a lot of their money into animation, because if they didn't, then this show doesn't get half the buzz it does.

Back