The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
I myself find that it also makes me reminisce about watching figure skating on CBC Sports Saturday, or being in the rink, in the dead of winter in Canada.

It really helps they put a lot of their money into animation, because if they didn't, then this show doesn't get half the buzz it does.

Yeah, watching the competition scenes is like watching a TV broadcast, even listening to the commentary. The animation is also fluid, for example that gorgeous intro...

Last edited:
Guess Fall season animes goes as the way it is, so I might keep the shows review later when good stuff is popping up.

Tbh, currently I'm still amazed by Doki Doki Literature Club. It was cute, warm and adorable at the beginning, but as it progresses I started to think this probably the most clever and thoughtful visual novel ever made. I enjoyed it a lot and already finished almost the whole route endings. Not forget to say that it was "thrilling" for sure... Wonder if this game is somehow going to have a chance being adapted into manga or anime it will have the same feel as the game shown to us?

Btw I found fanmade DDLC gameplay rendered in 8-bit style (it is more like 16-bit tbh). Pretty cool imo :

Move to other topic, I've got more LLS stuff right here @SVX @jus1029

The second ending imo is fine, but I really like the second song "My List". It sounds adorable and sweet.

Tbh, this is what came up in my mind when I reached to this scene...

Screenshot_20171107-065008.jpg

Btw, @SVX I found this very nice jazz cover of Sky Journey :

So I downloaded Doki Doki Literature Club and about to play it tomorrow but looking at the characters, there's one girl who's already giving me the creeps. But still I'm gonna enjoy it though. Haven't played a VN for a long time now (last time I played a VN is Steins Gate demo for the PS Vita).

So I downloaded Doki Doki Literature Club and about to play it tomorrow but looking at the characters, there's one girl who's already giving me the creeps. But still I'm gonna enjoy it though. Haven't played a VN for a long time now (last time I played a VN is Steins Gate demo for the PS Vita).

Have fun then! Tbh it is quite enjoyable to play through imo, but that's all I can say without spoiling anything. Perhaps I could say that it is probably the most unique and thoughtful VN I ever played. And I'm not even into this kind of games. Just curious why everyone talked about it and decided to download and played this thing up.

When was the last time I dug deeper into the file directory of a game due to curiosity? Can't remember but now Doki Doki Literature Club made me do it again.

So I did some little digging into the game files and with the help from the internet, looks like I learned a lot of things about Doki Doki and man it's messed up and dark.

I would thank this Reddit post for doing research work about the game.

When was the last time I dug deeper into the file directory of a game due to curiosity? Can't remember but now Doki Doki Literature Club made me do it again.

So I did some little digging into the game files and with the help from the internet, looks like I learned a lot of things about Doki Doki and man it's messed up and dark.

I would thank this Reddit post for doing research work about the game.

So did you finished the game yet? What do you think of it? It is surely messed up, dark and terrifying... But it is also quite fun and all characters are actually likeable too imo.

So did you finished the game yet? What do you think of it? It is surely messed up, dark and terrifying... But it is also quite fun and all characters are actually likeable too imo.
Yeah I completed it yesterday. Got the usual ending though and now going after the true ending but as a guy who's curious to know more about game through it's directory, I had a look and man it's twisted.

Yeah I completed it yesterday. Got the usual ending though and now going after the true ending but as a guy who's curious to know more about game through it's directory, I had a look and man it's twisted.

Ah okay. Btw did you already passed Sayori's ending and have conversation with Monika?

Ah okay. Btw did you already passed Sayori's ending and have conversation with Monika?
Of course I did.

I'm gonna play the game later so I can get the true ending or maybe uncover more secrets along the way.

Of course I did.

I'm gonna play the game later so I can get the true ending or maybe uncover more secrets along the way.

Okay 👍. Will keep looking forward for your progress though. Also, if there is another secrets behind it. :cheers:

Holy... smokes... :bowdown: The attention to detail is amazing... :drool: And the pose is perfect 👍 Did you know who is the artist?

Infinote is his name. I discovered him through this image too and it turns out he has some godly art. And of all sorts of idols, too.

Yes it does. Guess what I didn't set up.
The pain is real. Anything valuable lost forever?

*cute Cool intensifies*

The latest CG ED is coming out in full on 6 December, and this is a preview of it. And what a song it is. IOSYS, Kanade, Minami, Anya...Ding Dong Dang? More like Ding Dong Daaaaang. And it all sounds so nice and when Kanade hits that high note my heart melts and ohmygod I love her aaaahhh

So I'm about to finish Chuunibyou Ren and EP10 gave me the feels once more and now I can't decide who's the better girl for Yuuta.

I'm more hyped for the movie after watching two seasons of Chuunibyou. Can't wait for January 6 next year and a good way to start off 2018 anime and I still got Takagi-san and Persona 5 anime to come as well for 2018.

Mid-season is here and I think this season going steady and constant. I might give my review after season's end I guess. So far, it is fine, but not too hype as well yet. However, this season shows imo have lots of potential. Let's see how it goes.

Btw here's another weekly dose of idols :

(Don't play it if you didn't watch ep 06 yet!)

Tbh I don't know that choreograph would work in real life. Must be exhausting and difficult doing that while singing... Nice song btw. I also like the costumes, especially the jacket. Looks cute on them.

So, what do you think @SVX @jus1029 ?

Oh almost forgot, here is a pic :

IMG_20171110_173250.jpg

Last edited:
I tried Doki Doki Literature Club earlier. So far, Yuri is best girl.

Shameful plugging

All of them are likeable tbh, but I would pick Yuri too because there is similarities between me and her. Which shares same interest for intense and edgy stuff. Also, I like her manner as well too. However...

I quite surprised she is actually quite masochist at the end imo, (that is because she's literally being controlled by someone...) which is not my kind of thing... But she's a good girl anyway when it is just normal.

Oh btw, there is new Aqours solo released. First one is Chika :

What do you think? To me it's like...

Broadway musical stage... Which is nice though. Or as most people said in comments, a Disney theme song. However, I really like they used orchestra (or ensemble?) for this song. It feels cheerful and lively. Also a bit nostalgic with those kind of music too btw.

How about you @SVX ? What did you think about this solo? Surely other members will follows so let's wait and see.

One more thing, a full version of LLS S2 ED as a bonus :

Chika's is so...Chika, and I love it! Oh, I can't wait for the You and Yoshiko solos!

----------------------​

It was this absolute gyaru's birthday at the weekend.
wRkrN8u.png

YSaawAe.jpg

fvxUFqK.jpg
DANde0I.jpg
jzLwGnw.jpg
IpkqaW0.jpg
FFEPQoo.jpg
30SpGdO.jpg
A13PuT1.jpg
rYHOHx2.jpg
ivJfqDA.jpg
XGnI5kz.jpg

And finally: THE FOOM

BYKSrG3.png

THEY'RE BACK

Behold the wonderful Rin, the adorable Nao* and the decent Karen. The trio behind the amazing Trancing Pulse have another song. This is a very good thing. (Now, let's see them give some other good units more songs...)

*Seriously, she's, like, really adorable. A tsundere, yes. But an adorable tsundere. And an anime fan to boot.

Also, the latest election album is coming soon. And they've got a preview for the 'big nine' song now:

Lots of newly voiced idols here this time, but I'm not that interested in it. What I am interested in it is the Tulip cover that's coming with the album. That's being done by Kaede (hard to imagine, but good nonetheless), Mio (which means all my top 5 will have done the song) and Mayu (which means my bottom 2 will have done it, too).

Last edited:
Back