The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
So two of my favourite seiyuus are getting married. Aya Suzaki,and Haruka Yoshimura.

I was expecting emotional stuff from them either way: I just thought it would come from their characters, not themselves. So happy for them both.

Will soon be done with Deresute, anyway. I'm pretty much set when it comes to obtaining the only two cards I want. Might need to spend a little money for the last one, but that's no hardship given I've supported the game wholeheartedly for the last two years.

Happy New Year!

Just finished binge-ing Vinland Saga and wow, that was a great first season. Fantastic final episode.

I'm seriously doubting the ability for following seasons to capture it's tone, though, but I'm looking forward to them.

So I finally, finally, caught up with Monogatari. Only took me, what, 6 and a half years?

Of course, all this means is I can finally say with full confidence that, quite simply, it's the greatest anime series I've ever seen.

So I'm gonna do something I haven't done in pretty much forever; watch an anime pretty much as it goes along. In this case, Railgun T.

First episode was a great reminder of what a joyous series it is to just unplug your brain for a little while, sit back and enjoy. Certainly a huge contrast to Monogatari, which makes you sit up and pay attention at all times.

So I'm gonna do something I haven't done in pretty much forever; watch an anime pretty much as it goes along. In this case, Railgun T.

First episode was a great reminder of what a joyous series it is to just unplug your brain for a little while, sit back and enjoy. Certainly a huge contrast to Monogatari, which makes you sit up and pay attention at all times.

Your top 10 shows/movies of the last decade. I'm interested to hear what it is!

Your top 10 shows/movies of the last decade. I'm interested to hear what it is!
Shows or movies? Hmm, tricky. I did plan to write about the five most definitive series of the decade, but the key word there is 'series' - it includes stuff that isn't necessarily 'anime' first and foremost (i.e. KanColle, F/GO, iM@s). If you limited it to just anime, and made it a top 10, Monogatari and Madoka would be the only nailed-on ones for me. Maybe Kill la Kill as well, I suppose. But I'd have to think long and hard about the other seven.

It's 26 episodes... unless you're intentionally omitting the last two, because reasons. :lol:

Anyway, there's only one Evangelion movie that you "need" to watch @DesertPenguin, and that's End of Evangelion... and as the name suggests, you should watch it after you finish watching the show in its entirety. It is on Netflix, though the new English dub they did for it (and the show) is definitely a downgrade over the original.

The movie Death (true)2 is just a big recap of the events of the show that's meant to segue into End of Evangelion. Far from essential, but it's alright and only about an hour long, so watch it before End of Evangelion if you really want to.

The numbered movies (Evangelion 1.11, 2.22, 3.33) are a remake/reimagining of the show. They're pretty great in their own right and I'd recommend watching them, but I wouldn't say they're absolutely essential. The first movie is pretty faithful to the first handful of episodes, but each successive movie deviates further from the source material... 3.33 is radically different from the show. Unfortunately they aren't on Netflix, though.

Let's not fail to mention the fourth and final movie (3.0+1.0) is due out later this year which, hopefully, will answer a mountain of questions while keeping our mental sanity in check. (it won't)

Let's not fail to mention the fourth and final movie (3.0+1.0) is due out later this year which, hopefully, will answer a mountain of questions while keeping our mental sanity in check. (it won't)
Indeed.

Also, nice avatar.

I hope we get another cliff hanger ending.( were everything is just the ending of a video game and Misato is still the hot teacher)

8 years of waiting just for a rehashing of EoTV. Genius Kojumbo Anno strikes again!

Evangelion recently had announce their collaboration with Honda and they make these ads :

So, Misato is going to drive a Civic in the new movie then? :lol: :P Also, I prefer they have done it with NSX to be honest... Or Civic Type R...

With all the free time available now I'm having a nostalgia trip on youtube watching old anime openings. Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, Nadesico, Cowboy Bebop. Where did all the time go?

I've been using this time to catch up on my 2019 queue and whatever else I've been seeing high praises about, Sangatsu no Lion being one of them. After watching some YT reviews of people doing an analysis on it, I really did expect more serious moments. The comic relief and humour they keep driving forward isn't what I was expecting.

Feels quite good to be using this corona lockdown to actually keep up with an anime for the first time in forever. Specifically, Railgun T. Which, so far, has been bloody brilliant.

Since I had some free time, caught up on Boku no Hero and I kind of want to go forward and read the manga but eeeehh.

3.0+1.0 has been quarantined.
tumblr_n5tjbrZakM1rmrkv9o2_540.gifv

DK

I got to ask, the best way to view Evangelion?

I got all 26 eps, but it still blows my mind how the eps went from little to BIG TIME story time.

I also got the films of 1.0 + 2.0 + 3.0 as well.

It was weird watching the first 1.0 + 2.0 as I was like.... this was the TV shows!

3.0 was just like.... WAT?!?!?!

I still don't understand 3.0.

According to Anno, you'll need to watch 3.0 at least three times.

I'm really excited for Bleach's return. The quality of animation for the anime's final fight was stellar. I can only imagine what it'd look like now.

Dunno if it was confirmed yet, but here's hoping they get as many of the original VAs on board as they can. I'd like to see some of the classics from the soundtrack return as well. Hell Verse's OST is too good to let go to waste.

I keep pushing myself to stop pausing on life. So I finally went and gave Beastars a go.

The whole carnivorous instinct to eat meat is understandable, but is it actually a prey animal's instinct to submit to their death? I've never heard of this!

Back