The Grand Tour game

So no one is going to mention the rfacter physics included. I would assume it's worth $15 for that alone. The deciding factor for me is cockpit view. Doing my research
It doesn't mean much considering it's not 1:1. Forza Horizon uses Forza Motorsports physics, but it's considerably and noticeably bogged down. We'll just have to wait and see though.

So no one is going to mention the rfacter physics included. I would assume it's worth $15 for that alone. The deciding factor for me is cockpit view. Doing my research
I've said it before I'll say it again, you can make bad physics with a good physics engine, I dont mean unenjoyable, I mean unrealistic and from what we have seen with the complete lack of body roll or high turning speeds this is not aiming to be a sim(which imo is good) so them saying anything any rfactor 2 really shouldnt matter much. Studio 397 have been pretty vocal on racedepartment about this saying they worked on it but it doesnt have much to do with rfactor.

I like how cheesy this game is. It reminds me of those old school racing games from PS1 and PS2 era. Most racing games these days take themselves way too seriously.

Amazon changed the download date to 17/01. Don't know if it'll be the same on PSN.
Nah, I downloaded it this morning from PSN.

I only had a very quick look at some of the options, but they seem pretty bare bones. Only one controller configuration :boggled:.

Last edited:
Amazon changed the download date to 17/01. Don't know if it'll be the same on PSN.

Weird PS4 versions showing 17th, Xbox version. Is the 15th.
Nah, I downloaded it this morning from PSN.

I only had a very quick look at some of the options, but they seem pretty bare bones. Only one controller configuration :boggled:.

How big was your download, mine was 100mb

Just deleted it and redone it and now registering as 9.37gb

How big was your download, mine was 100mb
Just over 5 gig.

Edit: After finishing the game in a bit more than an hour (all golds) version 1.01 is now downloading, 7.153 gb

Edit 2: I've now finished Episode 2 in less than an hour. So it's taken about 2 hours to complete both episodes with all gold (26 in all). And FYI, that 2 hours includes watching every cut scene.

Really glad I didn't pay full price this game, and I hope Episode 3 has a great deal more content.

Last edited:
Am I correct there is no wheel support?

btw: Amazon Europe has confirmed the game has been delayed until the 17th if ordered through the European Amazon markets. PSN works normally.

btw: Amazon Europe has confirmed the game has been delayed until the 17th if ordered through the European Amazon markets. PSN works normally.
I can confirm this is the case. I ordered from the amazon uk store and finally got the xbox dload code last night at 12:00, dloaded the game overnight but it's still showing as pre order so wont start. Pretty ridiculous situation that some people can play whilst some have to wait until the 17th.
Edit: Just checked the amazon listing and it says
  • Playable on 17:00 GMT
So will check again when I get in from work.

Last edited:
I can confirm this is the case. I ordered from the amazon uk store and finally got the xbox dload code last night at 12:00, dloaded the game overnight but it's still showing as pre order so wont start. Pretty ridiculous situation that some people can play whilst some have to wait until the 17th.
Edit: Just checked the amazon listing and it says
  • Playable on 17:00 GMT
So will check again when I get in from work.

I probably bought the "Captain Slow" version :lol:

For those on Xbox who want to play now this should work
go into settings
Network
Go offline
Restart console/ turn off either
Go settings
Change time to 17:00 or later
Then you should be able to play

I can’t as I game share so my console isn’t my home console :(

No wheel support, no button mapping, fixed chase cam only and very floaty handling.

Looks better than I thought it would.

So far my impression is a giant TGT advert with the occasional bit of gameplay.

No wheel support, no button mapping, fixed chase cam only and very floaty handling.

Looks better than I thought it would.

So far my impression is a giant TGT advert with the occasional bit of gameplay.

Thanks Scaff!

Is it fun to play? Floaty, you mean like NFS floaty or worse? Would like to read some more of your impressions.

I downloaded from PSN. I think @Scaff pretty much summed it up perfectly. :P

Cut scenes/videos take up quite a chunk of the season but you can R1 (FFWD) if you want to straight to the little races. Mainly 1-2 laps, speed cameras, drag, drift challenges etc.

Graphics are better than I thought, Scenery, cars, roads etc but there is also a blurry motion feel to the game play so nothing is in sharp focus (hard to describe). Fun to watch the scenes, banter, music etc and a nice transition to the game play.

Handling it really is arcade but with a slight solidity to the controls but also floaty! @doblocruiser Only 1 view (chase cam) and only 3 controls to use Accelerate/Brake/Drift. I had no problem diving in and controlling any of the cars.

Overall not too bad and I am glad I tried it even if it is just for Richard Hammond screaming as you take the corners too fast. For £11 worth a punt if you like TGT. :cheers:

Last edited:
Since I never have seen the Grand Tour entirely (no prime) I am looking forward to get in. As from your impressions it is above all a fun "racer" with a stock no nonsense setup. It would have been nice of replays would have been included since they are all pretty much short racing sections and that with a replay system à la 'Top Gear' , "Gran Tour" would've been great!

Thanks Scaff!

Is it fun to play? Floaty, you mean like NFS floaty or worse? Would like to read some more of your impressions.
Its fun enough to play for the price, however its very bare-bones in terms of a game.

The chase cam is set to low for my taste (not that my taste likes chase cam - but that's another point) and while the controls are OK they are not great in terms of what has been done in other titles (for my money the likes of Outrun, Burnout remaster, Driveclub, etc has managed it much better.

Its worth £12 as a fairly disposable title, and I think Amazon knew that the original price would have seen them get hammered in that regard. The lack of replays, camera selection, control options, etc. make it much more of a semi-interactive TV program(lite) with occasional games, than a game with cut-scenes.

make it much more of a semi-interactive TV program(lite) with occasional games

Maybe that is exactly their focus and TV and Game will tied much more closely in the season to come. They are the first that try this mix of entertainment and it could pretty well influence some others out there. The idea in itself is nice, barebones but nice.

It's a really interesting arcade game, beautiful transactions from movie to game and acceptable graphics with funny trio movies. I was expecting some more game modes.

After playing the 1st episode it's rather blurry experience on PS4 Pro + 4k tv. On the other hand it's quite enjoyable considering the 12 euro price tag.

edit: So the very kind Amazon offered me €15 giftcard due to the game's delay until the 17th. I'll happily wait two more days 👍
Was that handed out automatically? Free €15 is always nice but surely it's a downward spiral for the profitably of the game!

Back