The Grand Tour game

Not really a good sign if a game has lost 40% of its value before release... :boggled:

Never said it was mate. The videos shown pretty much confirmed the game will be a mobile game running on consoles. Hopefully those who paid the full price will be reimbursed.

I honestly no ZERO about this game, but I loved the original show and love cars. $14.99 is giving it away, I can't afford to say no! :lol:

Jerome

Will the game include a feature to stream the show somehow? Maybe a stupid suggestion, but I don't want to pay for Amazon Prime again just for Grand Tour...

Screenshot_20190107-235627~2.png

I went weak and bought it. I think I've seen worse games for that price. Still hope the gamble pays off :irked::lol:

I ordered on Amazon. My order shows the price of €12,49 :eek: That's the French Amazon.

Last edited:
My biggest fear is that the show becomes a massive and constant plug for the game, with content restricted on the show to "... and see how that ended in our new game."

I do love the three of them, they're affable buffoons, but if they do that then it'll be insta-**** status.

It features Hammonds famous hillclimb run. I've driven that road a few times in real life (with road legal speeds). That's all I need to talk me into buying the game. :lol:

For that money is getting pre ordered, even if its just too see how bad it is

I just went and see the preview of season 3. That could be fun since it seems varied. Just wonder how it translates to thé game and if there is wheel support. Their channel says it is less hardcore then GT Sport or Forza.

Was there any demo or beta released after the announcement? $15 is veryyyy tempting, but from what I see, there really hasn't been any sort of demo or test version that the public could play before launch.

From watching the sparse videos it seems that:
  • Max 4 cars on tracks
  • rFactor physics system
  • Non sim focussed
  • Easy to pick up and play
  • No damagesystem
  • Trackbarriers à la PD
  • 4player-splitscreen
  • "Blur" ish game-mode with powerups
  • Video turns into gameplay, gameplay turns into video
  • Multiple devs included (US, UK and NL)
  • Varied environments
  • Many cars
  • Episodic game (digital only)

• Decent budget!
Nice interview here: https://www.mcvuk.com/development/t...me-ever-to-release-alongside-a-weekly-tv-show

Quotes:
That doesn’t mean that it’s an overly arcadey throw-away experience. I think there’s a lot of depth to our handling but it also surfaces a lot of fun to the player very early on.

Sullivan explains that you can race wildly different cars against each other, across hugely differing courses, from the iconic to the downright bizarre

So that means the team is modelling old bangers with the wing mirrors hanging off one day, classic cars the next, and rounding things off with something that’s not even been unveiled yet.

The budget is up there with a lot of the games I’ve worked on in the past

Last edited:
Is there any information about the show being available through the game to watch? Or is it just the show with seamless transitions to the moments when you can drive insted of watching Hammond, Clarkson, May drive? :cheers:

I dunno something about this reminds me of the lead up to the release of the quiet man all over again so I'd rather wait, its not a lot of money but id still rather not waste it, ill wait until the reviews.

I currently feel like it will either be catastrophically bad or be very short.

For £11.99 digital new release and 3 pre-order special cars (how ever bad the game plays) and reading this thread I also pre-ordered. You know some of the footage and graphics of the mountain roads don't look too bad.

With video clips of the series in game it looks quite fun. I fancy a change from all the other racing games even if it is arcade. 👍

Last edited:
Still could get this myself, depends how big the download is really..

Initial download shows around 5.2 GB in the PSN store. The post launch episodes will be added afterwards and don't know how big they will be.

edit:

After reading some more I have to say that my confidence is growing a bit. With creative director Craig Sullivan (ex Ghost Games) and Amazon's Lumberyard Engine this could be actually pretty decent. Already when you see a short snippet of the Rimac going through the mountains is nice looking.

edit 2:
Research for cars most likely to appear according to info released, footage shown:

Season 1 - Episode 1
  • McLaren P1
  • Porsche 918 Spyder
  • Ferrari La Ferrari
  • Ferrari 488
  • BMW M2

Season 2 - Episode 1
  • Lamborghini Aventador S
  • Honda NSX
  • Rimac Concept One
  • Jaguar F-Type

Season 3 - Trailer
  • Chevrolet pickup (Hammond brigde)
  • Jeep Wrangler
  • Fiat Panda
  • Campervan Hammond
  • Campervan Clarkson
  • Campervan May
  • Dodge Charger
  • Ford Mustang
  • Chevrolet Camaro
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV
  • Lancia Gamma Coupé
  • Tomaso Pantera GTS
  • Bentley Continental GT
  • Aston Martin DBS
  • BMW 8 Series M850I Xdrive
  • BMW E38 7-Series
  • Cadillac STS
  • Mercedes W140 S-Class
  • Ferrari 458 speciale
  • 1963 Opel Kadett
  • Lamborghini Urus
  • Porsche 911
  • Mercedes X-Class
  • Volkswagen Amarok
  • McLaren Senna

Pre-order
  • May's Firetruck
  • Hammond's Eco Car
  • Clarkson's Beach Buggy

Last edited:
So no one is going to mention the rfacter physics included. I would assume it's worth $15 for that alone. The deciding factor for me is cockpit view. Doing my research

Back