The Grand Tour game

The game has a drift button. For some, that's all they'll need to know.

I'm enjoying it for what it is, but I think what's crucial is that the general population that watches the show and may not be sim racing nerds will also enjoy it. If anybody is going into it wondering how to extract the most realistic experience from it in their multi-hundred-dollar rig, they're doing it wrong.

Also, Amazon has stumbled across the best approach with loading screens: something to actually entertain. I'm finding it handy to get a refresher on the first season, anyway.

Uh huh.
That plus no wheel support I think I'll just watch YouTube videos, it'll be as if I purchased and am playing from what I gather reading comments.
That's if amazon don't copyright flag them all.

Don't know but the e-mail stated they were sorry for the delay and I could order directly on psn if I wanted. I've decided to stick with my Amazon order since they made this kind gesture.
it is automatic..... I bought my copy when it was half price. Free game!

Fellow Canadians looking to pick up the game and have both consoles (I know, that's a minority of a minority :P), you may want to grab it on Xbox. For whatever reason, nobody did the currency exchange on the Microsoft Store, so it's $14.99 versus the $19.99 on PSN. Savings!

Just wrapped the S1E01 lineup. It's all pretty easy except for one unexpectedly difficult challenge in the back half...

Just caught the end of a first play through of the game by Super GT on YT. He seemed to get through the game in less than 30 mins. :eek: From the bit that I caught, very 'arcadey', little feel or difference to the cars, and just not much content there. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Finally found a way around the copyright strikes (that seem to be hitting everyone)....

...replace all game footage with a picture of one of my cats, oh well at least the audio and my initial impressions remain in place.

And one of my original three has now been OK'd after I submitted a review request based on fair use.

Last edited:
Seems like it's going to be very repetitive for those who've watched the show, with not a lot of extra interactive game elements to make it worth the time to play through. Glad I didn't buy this immediately. Might pick it up down the line for the easy trophies, but otherwise I'll stick to watching the show thanks.

It's sort of interesting for someone like me who does not have Prime so I can watch the three clowns again but very basic. Still £11.99 is not much for a new game. It's not as good as Burnout - which I believe is in the January PSN sale - but it makes a change from grind fest in my usual games.

I enjoyed Season 2 more. The scenery mountains look photo realistic when driving on the move - Not when still. (One of the best driving scenes since Drive Club). Cars on PS4Pro have a little too much blur still. If they sharpened up the cars, gave options for more views then it would be great.

I'm not sure how many times I will go back to it, but I look at it like buying a DVD/Short Film for the same price.

The FMV transition in to 3D gaming was done very well and something I think will grow more in the future in to games. View attachment 792836

Some Need for Speed The Run vibes with that mountain course.

At least there’s no surprises, it’s an extreme arcade racer (hyper wide/deep FOV, no wheel support). Fan of the show, and though this probably has some fun factor, it’s a definite pass even at the discounted price.

Last edited:
Finished downloading and did a quickrun of the first 3 races. Even if handling takes some getting used to I absolutey love how this is structured and setup as a whole. This game screams entertainment from the moment you fire it up, watch the loadingscreens, videos and play it.

Never seen The Grand Tour so watching the videos is really nice. I silently hoped I could watch the full episode (original) in game but it sends you to PrimeVid Application in PSN store :irked:

For the price this game costs, one simply cannot complain. What I would like to see as improvements though is:
  • Sharpen up handling with gamepad
  • Add wheel support
  • Add bonnet-cam
  • Add replaysystem à la "Top Gear / Grand Tour" so you can see the players efforts. They even could replace the finished sections with the replay of the player so that you get a kind of "complete episode" as a viewer.
I am actually surprised how decent this looks in motion :eek: Love to see how this one is going to develop over the weeks and months to come but as I see it now this could go from my initial thoughts "cash grab" to something of a "sleeper hit". Amazon could be on to something with this format 👍

edit: Amazon pre-orders don't have the special cars yet. Is currently being looked into and will be resolved asap.

Edit2: so far the real challenge has been the 1:10 run for the NSX. That took me quite a few tries. Rest has been a walk in the park :lol:

Edit3: parts in Swiss are an absolute highlight. Simply gorgeous when going through the mountain sections 👍

Last edited:
Enjoying it so far, part the way through season pass 2.
Love how they’ve done the loading screens.

So far got stuck on one level until I realised how you do it.

Physics/driving dynamics take a little bit to get used to --at least different classes of cars and different cars in the same classes have their own feel.

Wife has a blast with the gadgets and really enjoys the fact that it's 'Mario Kart with real cars'.

Cheers

You get to play only the first episode of each season, am I right?

I could catch a couple of videos from GameRiot on YouTube and that is what I could understand. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

So one episode of the new series and game tie in and its already fallen.

I watch the TV show at lunch and have the game a go just now.

Aside from the donut but showing the physics engine to be a bad as expected even given its arcade leanings, the Detriot stuff was OK

The fall how ever was that the best bit of the show was the McLaren Senna around Thruxton and then the test track. That I was looking forward to, regardless of if it was only one the test track However what we get instead is the McLaren 720s with footage from season two!

Sorry but that's a fail

So one episode of the new series and game tie in and its already fallen.

I watch the TV show at lunch and have the game a go just now.

Aside from the donut but showing the physics engine to be a bad as expected even given its arcade leanings, the Detriot stuff was OK

The fall how ever was that the best bit of the show was the McLaren Senna around Thruxton and then the test track. That I was looking forward to, regardless of if it was only one the test track However what we get instead is the McLaren 720s with footage from season two!

Sorry but that's a fail

I agree! I understood it was a licensing issue since FH4 had exclusive license to the Senna. Was letdown when I didn't see it. Play the show 'almost'....

Found the Detroit parts very enjoyable but Amazon needs to sharpen up the handling! There is too much delay in input.

Wondering how Columbia will work out!

There is a general message from James May right now when Jeremy talks about the Senna. He explains quickly the scene with the McLaren Senna is 'not yet' in due to dévelopment. It isn't an ideal solution but at least the player is informed about it. It's good to see they responded quickly.

BTW anyone else finding the driftmethod the easiest way around in the Detroit track?

Back