The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

I started a new career and this time I'm keeping it at 100% difficulty and I started off with the Clio Cup this time. Is it supposed to be unbeatable? Is it normal to have a car that's like 2 seconds off the pace? I've tried two different setups from websites, and nothing is helping. I just get gapped by everyone on the straights (Donington) and it's getting a little annoying. I know I'm not the best driver out there, but I should be a little closer than 2 seconds.
You should probably turn the AI down to 90%. That's what I have found to be the best with them. I have turned it back up to 100% for tuning, to compare times. Some cars I'm faster than the AI's and some cars I'm almost just as fast. They are something else at 100%

You should probably turn the AI down to 90%. That's what I have found to be the best with them. I have turned it back up to 100% for tuning, to compare times. Some cars I'm faster than the AI's and some cars I'm almost just as fast. They are something else at 100%

Ah ok. Because I can race the GT3 cars at 100% at Bathurst and Nurburgring and put up a fight, but the Clios felt like I was racing with 100 extra pounds. I'll mess with the difficulty tomorrow, too much rage to try again haha.

Ah ok. Because I can race the GT3 cars at 100% at Bathurst and Nurburgring and put up a fight, but the Clios felt like I was racing with 100 extra pounds. I'll mess with the difficulty tomorrow, too much rage to try again haha.
The AI is a little inconsistent as you go from class to class. Some cars are really quick, some not so much. That's why the slider is such a good idea.

I started a new career and this time I'm keeping it at 100% difficulty and I started off with the Clio Cup this time. Is it supposed to be unbeatable? Is it normal to have a car that's like 2 seconds off the pace? I've tried two different setups from websites, and nothing is helping. I just get gapped by everyone on the straights (Donington) and it's getting a little annoying. I know I'm not the best driver out there, but I should be a little closer than 2 seconds.
I like to think that's where the AI difficulty slider is for.
You will encounter tracks/cars where you will even be more off pace.
AI is pretty inconsistent, even in career mode.

Try 10-15% less AI difficulty in the races you get left behind too far.
That is what I do, though I read some people find AI at 100% too easy !
I'm not one of them...:mischievous:

Edit: did not see there was a next page with a lot of answers yet... (Until now)

Last edited:
Me again! This slider inconsistency is stupid. I'm still on the Clio championship and just finished a race at Snetterton with the difficulty at about 90%, and had a decent race both times. Now I'm at Silverstone all the way down to 80% and they still destroy me on the straights. Out of all the bugs in this game, this is the only one that is a killer to me.

That, and when you go off on some corners in the runoff, and they say you cut the track and don't count the time. That can get annoying too.

when you go off on some corners in the runoff, and they say you cut the track and don't count the time. That can get annoying too.
Just disable flags and penalties. You still get the messages, but you don't get DSQ for offences that are none...
I have them disabled in all endurance races as long as there is no fix for that.

It would be nice if the slider set itself automatically according to our qually times, & if we had options for it like "Battling For 1st", "Up The Sharp End", & "Mid Pack Battle" etc.

VBR
It would be nice if the slider set itself automatically according to our qually times, & if we had options for it like "Battling For 1st", "Up The Sharp End", & "Mid Pack Battle" etc.
So basically the difficulty would scale itself based on your lap times, I like it good idea.

Unfortunately this game is really starting to 🤬 me off right now. I've had two crashes to dash in every game session I've tried to have in the last week. Up untill last week I only had 3 crashes to dash, but in the last week alone I've had 10 :banghead:
Between them and the stupid new tyre heat model I really using the will to keep going with PCARS which is a shame as I have been a borderline fanboi previously. It's driving me nuts coz when this game is good there's nothing better.

So basically the difficulty would scale itself based on your lap times, I like it good idea.
Based on which lap times ?
For argument sake: you want to take it easy and start lapping slower... AI will do the same thing ... no, don't think that would be a good idea...

For argument sake: you want to take it easy and start lapping slower... AI will do the same thing ... no, don't think that would be a good idea...
My understanding of it was that the game would set the difficulty on your best quali lap rather than a dynamic difficulty that changes throughout the race.

My understanding of it was that the game would set the difficulty on your best quali lap rather than a dynamic difficulty that changes throughout the race.
Ok, yes, but suppose you blow your quali lap (on purpose or by accident), how would the game react ?

Ok, yes, but suppose you blow your quali lap (on purpose or by accident), how would the game react ?
I wouldn't imagine people would blow quali on purpose as the idea is to have the game scale the difficulty in order to provide a good challenge for your level of ability. Blowing quali would be similar to what we can do now (lower the difficulty manually). As for accidentally blowing the quali, I suppose the difficulty could be taken from an average of your best laps. I dunno, wasn't my idea but I did like the sound of it.

The game would react by ignoring the bad lap & working out the average of all your fastest laps in practice & qually. You turn the auto function on or off, & you could also set it so that you get placed in the pack roughly where you want to using presets like; "Battling For 1st", "Up The Sharp End", & "Mid Pack Battle" etc.

It would be a lot faster than manually setting it, & if you didn't like it you could simply turn it off & set it yourself.

All I have to say is:
Graphics: Good at times, but very inconsistent
Physics: Apparently you can start braking midway through a corner and still make it (but still better than Forza 6)
Bugs: They're swarming this game
Variety: Decent track selection, awful car selection
Menus: Confusing af
Career: Intresting concept, but not a very good one

Overall: This game needs MAJOR improvements

Agreed with all this. I played the game for 3-4 hours a day for nearly a month & i just find the game dull. Don't really have any interest in playing it again.

30356ba0-8930-0132-1dd4-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

PC is now one of my top three favorite racing games ever

Last edited:
A few days after buying this game i have lost all interest in playing it

Bought it cause was told this game was like Forza and GT :lol: .. From what i played this game is more like A Grid/Need for speed crossover :crazy: Dear god you cant even choose color for your car (unless i missed that option)

Career mode: is LAME
car selection: is awful the only car that saved face for a little while atleast was the P1
track selection: not bad but not good - But still better then gt6
Graphics: don't care about game Graphics
Bugs: I yet to encounter one :D
Menus::lol: and i thought gt 5 was bad..
Physics: I personally think the cars in gta 5 ps4 handle and brake better hahaha :lol:

Really hope GT PS4 comes soon

Lol what utter drivel.

A) It's nothing like Forza/GT, it's motorsport oriented and far more realistic than either of those games. It's also nothing like NFS in any way shape or form.

B) you can choose livery for any car except the Merc DTM afaik.

C) You like GT and yet say Pcars career is lame? That's just too funny for words...

D) While there isn't 1000 cars to choose from, the list in Pcars contains some awesome machines.

E) There are heaps of tracks, and very good ones at that.

F) I'll give you the menus aren't laid out as well as they could have been.

G) If you honestly think the physics are better in GTA 5, I suspect you haven't actually driven a real car, let alone raced. Pcars physics are easily more realistic than any other console racing game, let alone GTA, which obviously doesn't try to be realistic at all.

Edit: Btw I'm not going to engage in any kind of argument with you, your hilarious views just tell me you have no idea what you're on about, to the point it's hard to tell if you're purposely just trolling the thread to get a reaction or if you're that deranged you actually believe that nonsense. I just felt like chucking in my 2c, but by all means, continue to ramble on and tell everyone how NFS or GTA have better physics than PCars lol.

Last edited:
A few days after buying this game i have lost all interest in playing it

Bought it cause was told this game was like Forza and GT :lol: .. From what i played this game is more like A Grid/Need for speed crossover :crazy: Dear god you cant even choose color for your car (unless i missed that option)

Career mode: is LAME
car selection: is awful the only car that saved face for a little while atleast was the P1
track selection: not bad but not good - But still better then gt6
Graphics: don't care about game Graphics
Bugs: I yet to encounter one :D
Menus::lol: and i thought gt 5 was bad..
Physics: I personally think the cars in gta 5 ps4 handle and brake better hahaha :lol:

Really hope GT PS4 comes soon
This has to be a joke. It's funny if it is but a load of crap of it is serious.

Car and track selection is great and goes for quality not quantity. The UI is awful I must agree though.

A few days after buying this game i have lost all interest in playing it.

I can understand the 'losing all interest in playing it' part, because that's where I'm at now. I've bought a second hand CSR wheel, & I can't even be bothered to plug it into my PS4.

That feeling when you're several laps into a race, in 1st place and about to start lapping people, and you look to see how many laps you've got left...

...and it says you're still on lap 1 and are apparently dead last.

This game cost me £25, id say because of that its worth it as there is nothing close to it on console, yet.
Its worth it for the UK tracks alone IMO the rest is bonus, BUT that can't take away from the fact it is flawed and SMS along with Ian Bell are not a nice bunch to deal with and the official forum is even by internet terms a disgrace.

anyway i was told to post this in here:

Funniest thing i ever saw/read connected to PCars was a guy over on official forum for PCars who was using a controller and all this hate was coming at controller users from the PC wheel elite snobs and he came on and was going on about how he agrees with the wheel users these people who can't cope with PCars on controller should go play forza, he was saying he was great on controller and had no issues and said he was using jack spades settings and loved that he could feel the SOP working...........ermmm O K....you can't feel ANY ffb on a controller.

I'm a wheel user but on the official forum they tie themselves in knots, one minute they say 'its a sim you shouldn't use a controller get a wheel its easier' so you point out that hey if its easier with a wheel then these guys ripping up the leader boards with controllers must be legends! then they go "oh but controllers are cheating, you dont drive a real car with a controller"
They are all over the place and so keen to defend the game at ALL COSTS that they tie themselves up then resort to abuse and ganging up.
For example patch 6 they were crying saying SMS dumbed it down again for pad players in patch 7, so you point out that pre patch 6 the game we've been playing was dumbed down then for 7 months! Then they cry get angry and then say nope PCars has the best sim physics EVER!!!....then few posts later "SMS please return to patch 6 stop trying to listen to the pad arcade players on consoles"

I know of at least 4 people who don't even play PCars much anymore who just go on the forum to wind the usual people up.

These PC snobs on the official forum cant accept that without console support mainly PS4 then this game would of sunk by now up against the hitters on PC gaming. Yet they slag off 'console' users at any opportunity and that's driven on by the MODS and Devs and Ian..
People on xbox 1 talk of switching to PS4 and PS4 talk of switching to PC yet in all circumstances you pop into the technical issues section in each format and the SAME issues are prevalent IN ALL formats!
Nutters.
If and when i get a gaming PC i'd get PCars because its cheap but i'd be mainly getting it for AC and race room.

PCars is verging on simcade IMO, but its fun if you ignore the bugs everywhere.

They are all over the place and so keen to defend the game at ALL COSTS that they tie themselves up then resort to abuse and ganging up.

This is so true, and the main reason that forum is a complete joke. I actually had a bunch of people from Europe and the US over there trying to tell me the sound of the new V8 Supercar is actually pretty close to the real thing, and that I was wrong that it's nothing like the real thing.

I'm not only an Aussie, I've been to multiple V8SC events, and not only that, but I've been in one for a hotlap. I've literally heard it with my own ears from inside the car, and just about every angle outside the car, and been watching them on tv ever since V8 Supercars started. I'm pretty sure I know what they sound like, and yet a bunch of people from the other side of the world are so hell bent on defending the game from any and all criticism, that they're actually trying to argue the point :lol:

This is so true, and the main reason that forum is a complete joke. I actually had a bunch of people from Europe and the US over there trying to tell me the sound of the new V8 Supercar is actually pretty close to the real thing, and that I was wrong that it's nothing like the real thing.

I'm not only an Aussie, I've been to multiple V8SC events, and not only that, but I've been in one for a hotlap. I've literally heard it with my own ears from inside the car, and just about every angle outside the car, and been watching them on tv ever since V8 Supercars started. I'm pretty sure I know what they sound like, and yet a bunch of people from the other side of the world are so hell bent on defending the game from any and all criticism, that they're actually trying to argue the point :lol:
I doubt you're even an Aussie! :P

Just taken the V8 supercar for a spin and its wonderful, sound not perfect but just glad to have one in there, i was thinking of leaving this DLC in a sort of drift dirty protest, but i think its one of the best! The Scottish track is great and shows that if they went back they could if they wanted optimise all the tracks a bit better now.

Maybe they'll listen if you are Mark Skaife :P

Back