The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

Guys no need to get upset about the game look at the promising graphics if your comp can handle it! i post a few pics in the thread its the final countdown. :)

But graphics can still look good at medium and high. :)

You get promising AI too!

And the cars almost feel like the real car in real life! :)

No arcade game can give you this! :)

One thing that's bothering me looking at a few YouTube videos is the AI's pitting strategies during changeable weather. There was a video put up a couple of days ago from Fail Race and he went from last to 2nd in a few laps simply because the AI came into the pits for seemingly no reason; I've seen it in Chilisteak's career playthrough as well.

The pit lanes also look rather bare, and I hope they've fixed the issue of cars just ghosting through each other when they exit the pits.[/QUOTE

I have not seen any decent pitstops videos yet and knowing that the game is coming out in less than 3 weeks I would not expect the pits to look any better.
About the AI strategy, the build Chilisteak plays is really old, not sure about Fail Race though, but the AI% is far from challenging on his videos...

Two things that are doing my head in: No blue flags to the AI and scripted weather for career.

Guys no need to get upset about the game look at the promising graphics if your comp can handle it! i post a few pics in the thread its the final countdown. :)

But graphics can still look good at medium and high. :)

You get promising AI too!

And the cars almost feel like the real car in real life! :)

No arcade game can give you this! :)
you seem a little obsessed with the fact that this game is better than an arcade game. we all know arcade racers don't handle like sim racers and yet there is still enjoyment to be had with them. not sure why you're always dumping on arcade games, dude

you seem a little obsessed with the fact that this game is better than an arcade game. we all know arcade racers don't handle like sim racers and yet there is still enjoyment to be had with them. not sure why you're always dumping on arcade games, dude

Probably one of "those guys" that have a staunch belief that sims should be the one and only genre of racing games.

Steering Wheel in car looks weird with a controller. Only complaint I have of this game.

It's a real word, swear to God:sly::

whinge
(wĭnj, hwĭnj)
intr.v. whinged, whing·ing, whing·es Chiefly British
To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

Please start a separate Thread where we must complain and protest in a non-annoying manner.......:lol:

It's a real word, swear to God:sly::

whinge
(wĭnj, hwĭnj)
intr.v. whinged, whing·ing, whing·es Chiefly British
To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

Learn something new every day :)

Jerome

Yep, as far as what we know so far, when you make a setup you have to pick a tire to go along with that setup.
Well, it can't be that hard to just change the tyres in the setup screen before each race.

It's the 2 clicks. Tires are the first thing you see when you enter the setup screen.

I think it remains confusing anyway.
For exemple, for a GT5 race car,
- In the car set-up screen, you can select "Automatic per weather","GT5 rain", or "GT5 slick"
- In the pit stop strategy, you have a more detailed list: Intermediate, Wet, full wet, soft, medium and hard

The game allows what seems to be inconsistencies (GT5 rain in car set-up and slick soft in strategy for exemple).
You can also set the tyre pressure in both screens and if you have different values, I do not know which one takes the priority.
One could think that the "pit strategy" only sets the tyres you will get after pitting, not at the start of the race.... but it is not that easy, this screens also impacts the tyres you start with.

.... I would be very pleased to get a detailed explanation on how all this interacts. I guess that there is a logic behind it and that once you know it, you can set your car and strategy efficiently. I am just saying that it is far from self explanatory.

I think it remains confusing anyway.
For exemple, for a GT5 race car,
- In the car set-up screen, you can select "Automatic per weather","GT5 rain", or "GT5 slick"
- In the pit stop strategy, you have a more detailed list: Intermediate, Wet, full wet, soft, medium and hard

No, you have the same options in both screens, depending on the car you are using.

The game allows what seems to be inconsistencies (GT5 rain in car set-up and slick soft in strategy for exemple).
You can also set the tyre pressure in both screens and if you have different values, I do not know which one takes the priority.

There is no priority. The tire pressure you choose in the setup screen is what you start with. The pressure you choose in the pit strategy is what you get after the pit stop.
One could think that the "pit strategy" only sets the tyres you will get after pitting, not at the start of the race.... but it is not that easy, this screens also impacts the tyres you start with.

I don't think so, never happened to me.

No, you have the same options in both screens, depending on the car you are using.
Pit stop screen does have other options, so it's not the same as setup. What it does in the pit stop screen is pick the closes available tire. So let's say car has slick and wet tire only, if you select hard/medium/soft you get slick, otherwise wet. It's not a great system and devs are aware but at least at the moment it won't change.

Pit stop screen does have other options, so it's not the same as setup. What it does in the pit stop screen is pick the closes available tire. So let's say car has slick and wet tire only, if you select hard/medium/soft you get slick, otherwise wet. It's not a great system and devs are aware but at least at the moment it won't change.

Ahh okay I meant something different

OK, now that that is out of the way and onto pit stops!

On rFactor you can press (I have it assigned to) X and you can set what you will get done in the pits before you enter them and it gets the pit crew ready quicker, will this be a thing or even just selecting what you want when you enter the pits? I don't fancy faffing around with pit strategies.

You can create different pit strategies and choose while entering the pits or just select what you want when you enter the pits. IIRC the game will pause when you select it during the race.

You can create different pit strategies and choose while entering the pits or just select what you want when you enter the pits. IIRC the game will pause when you select it during the race.
Brilliant. Geuss that's all my questions answered for now.

Now that Project Cars has officially reached Gold status and we will have it in our hot little hands shortly, it's inevitable that some of us are going to be unhappy with the game for various reasons. This is the place to vent your frustrations whatever they may be. Keep in mind, this is not really a discussion thread. If someone wants to whing and cry about Project Cars they should feel free to do so here without having to justify their frustrations to other users. This is more of a venting thread.

Let's not turn this into a wishlist for all the content you want in the game either. There is a Project Cars GTP Wishlist for that.

Vent away if you must! Copy and paste if needed:

angry-dwight.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Totally disagree with the heading. It is the wording that allows negativity into the Project Cars forum. If you can have one negative thread..then there's room for more!!

If I may suggest a rewording that would gather more structure to your thread is by changing the heading to "The great information gathering thread Project Cars 2015".

We can all debate in the clear manner of fairness and in depth analysis of info that relates to anything that can't be put right.

I'll quote myself on this. ;)

I think you misunderstand the point of the whinging and crying thread.

We can all debate in the clear manner of fairness and in depth analysis of info that relates to anything that can't be put right.
Yes we can, in much in the same way we can have world peace. To find out what will happen to this forum once the general public finds it, check the general GT6 forums, in specifically the drag and drift forums. :lol:

I'll quote myself on this. ;)

Yes we can, in much in the same way we can have world peace. To find out what will happen to this forum once the general public finds it, check the general GT6 forums, in specifically the drag and drift forums. :lol:
Thanks for pointing out the drag forum. I just read a few pages of a guy faking his death. Lol hope it never gets like that around these parts.

Latest Posts

Back