The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

This is more of a PS4/Logitech problem but I can't believe there's no support for the G27.

No, I can't afford a gaming PC nor a new wheel.

I was looking forward to this game, it looked really cool, I liked Shift 2 despite it's flaws (I also got it cheap but that doesn't matter) and I want to play it so bad... but I can't turn back to racing with a controller.

This is more of a PS4/Logitech problem but I can't believe there's no support for the G27
Hardly a fault of Pcars.
It is fairly well documented that Logitech left the console peripheral market in 2013 to concentrate their business into their other interests. Unlike Fanatec who's wheels are going to be supported in game only, Logitech won't be commiting to writing specific drivers when they aren't in that market any more.
Fanatec are still an active wheel manufacturer, so it's in their interest to get as many of their products compatible with next gen consoles and maybe sell a few thousand units off the back of this ? It is possible Logitech could indeed write drivers to allow their wheels to be used in game the same way as Fanatec has, but it won't happen as they won't recoup any money from their investment as the won't sell any new units off it as they don't make wheels any more.

...the [Logitech] won't sell any new units off it as they don't make wheels any more.
I think they do. They still sell them and promote them as PS2, PS3 and PC compatible. Logitech may not want to do any new developments for consoles, but they do make and sell the wheels (I do not believe they have NOS after 1.5 years). So while we can almost certainly assert that they won't make any PS4 drivers, we can't keep on asserting that they don't make, market or sell wheels (a popular claim) since they do...

And now we're pretty far of topic.

Last edited:
Totally disagree with the heading. It is the wording that allows negativity into the Project Cars forum. If you can have one negative thread..then there's room for more!!

If I may suggest a rewording that would gather more structure to your thread is by changing the heading to "The great information gathering thread Project Cars 2015".

We can all debate in the clear manner of fairness and in depth analysis of info that relates to anything that can't be put right.
People need a place to vent. The idea here is that instead of cluttering up other threads with off-topic ranting and raving, just redirect people here where they can rant and rave to their hearts content. You know, you're having a good debate about tire dynamics and someone comes along and says, "y Proejct Peniscars only haz 25 carz, this game sukcs, do fisics sucks two, Grand Tursimo is still da best geme eva!!". Just redirect them here and voila, problem solved.:sly:

To be honest, I thought the thread would just fall off the 1st page of threads over a few days and then be revived at launch:lol: Silly me:dopey:

NFS Shift 2 - I rest my case. You can flame me and rant again until the cows come home - bottom line: same developer, absolutely horrible physics and they did absolutely nothing about it. No excuses there.

NFS Shift 2 - I rest my case. You can flame me and rant again until the cows come home - bottom line: same developer, absolutely horrible physics and they did absolutely nothing about it. No excuses there.
Have you forgotten that people have been playing this game for 4 years? I know it's a crying thread and all but that's just bs.

Oh and before the dreadful Shift series SMS done GTR & GTR 2 which were better thqan any other console sim ;)

So I take it your a WMD member and have played it?

5691d1357777347-dodge-going-discontinue-rallye-dontfeedthetrolls.jpg

The only thing I have to whine about is that it got delayed to may. Other than that, I'm good for now.

Though, I bet I'll find something to complain about later on, I usually do.

What does NFS Shift 2 have to do with this game?
It's based on the same engine, and, at least visually, you can see the roots.

Oh and before the dreadful Shift series SMS done GTR & GTR 2 which were better thqan any other console sim ;)
And after S2U SMS made Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends - without EA, and it shares many problems with Shift.

While I don't think PCARS will be Shift 3 there are reasons to be a little bit cautious.

It's based on the same engine, and, at least visually, you can see the roots.

And after S2U SMS made Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends - without EA, and it shares many problems with Shift.

While I don't think PCARS will be Shift 3 there are reasons to be a little bit cautious.

I vaguely remember the Feerari game, Was it basically Shift with Ferrari's?

Back