The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
Look, I am not trying to complain, I've played GT6 for 2 years now and I have well over 36,000 miles and 480 hours driving time in that game, but I am actually very disappointed with PDs showing. I was expecting graphical powress unseen in any other game, instead all we got (my opinion) was a game that looks exactly like GT6 albeit more high res and better textures.

Also, lets not forget Forza 6 is out with well over 500 cars now, 30+ amazing real life tracks and a vehicle damage model that covers everything from body, chassis, engine, aero and fuel consumption. Lets face it, we will most likely have to wait about 2 years to get GT7...PD and Sony will not step on GTS and release GT7 *ANYTIME* soon.

I am disappointed...and its my opinion...I love Gran Turismo 6 but I was expecting something way more interms of graphics and general "wow" factor from PD.

My *final* decision is that I am going to buy XBOX1 for the Forza series. I've held off buying a next gen system to see which game would be better...I've seen GTS...and now I feel its time to jump to Xbox for certain.

I don't have much to say about GT Sport but everything you guys said speaks pretty much sums up my feelings towards the game.

I immediately got bored of the stream the game was shown. It's practically GT6 was better visuals on PS4, and I have to say I'm very disappointed by PD's efforts. It's like they (AND KAZ) don't even try anymore so why do they even bother?...

Look, I am not trying to complain, I've played GT6 for 2 years now and I have well over 36,000 miles and 480 hours driving time in that game, but I am actually very disappointed with PDs showing. I was expecting graphical powress unseen in any other game, instead all we got (my opinion) was a game that looks exactly like GT6 albeit more high res and better textures.

Also, lets not forget Forza 6 is out with well over 500 cars now, 30+ amazing real life tracks and a vehicle damage model that covers everything from body, chassis, engine, aero and fuel consumption. Lets face it, we will most likely have to wait about 2 years to get GT7...PD and Sony will not step on GTS and release GT7 *ANYTIME* soon.

I am disappointed...and its my opinion...I love Gran Turismo 6 but I was expecting something way more interms of graphics and general "wow" factor from PD.

My *final* decision is that I am going to buy XBOX1 for the Forza series. I've held off buying a next gen system to see which game would be better...I've seen GTS...and now I feel its time to jump to Xbox for certain.

You haven't seen GTS at full power yet, but I get it. Repetition is the definition of insanity. Why play the same game for more than five years while waiting for GT7?

$60 for this? C'mon now. And GT teaching anyone about racing etiquette. Ha.

Ci0-pNUWYAIwYTJ.jpg:large
I have reserved judgement so far, for the most part, on GTS because they still have time to brush up some of the problems I've seen with graphics and they might be furious working on the new sound programming we got a glimpse of in GT6 and more. I expected a more compact game with a large online/Esports component. But this here looks like a done deal and, if it is, I have to say it's not only disappointing, it's a serious miscalculation on their part. If I read the descriptions of the various events correctly there literally is no offline career mode in GTS which is a huge mistake IMO. How do you call mission challenges, license tests etc. a Campaign Mode? That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

I realize the focus of the game was always going to be online, with the FIA tie in and all. But no offline career at all? Can't believe it:yuck:

I actually enjoyed what I saw, the only thing I have to contribute to the "whining and crying" is the lack of any new Daiki Kasho content :(

I...I hadn't thought about this :guilty::guilty::guilty:

WHY N0 M0R3 DA1K1 KASH0??????? As much as I hated his custom of mixing letters and numbers in his track names, he has become a small part of GT's identity since GT3 and the songs he made with J. Underdown for GT5:P/GT5/GT6 were really great!

I have reserved judgement so far, for the most part, on GTS because they still have time to brush up some of the problems I've seen with graphics and they might be furious working on the new sound programming we got a glimpse of in GT6 and more. I expected a more compact game with a large online/Esports component. But this here looks like a done deal and, if it is, I have to say it's not only disappointing, it's a serious miscalculation on their part. If I read the descriptions of the various events correctly there literally is no offline career mode in GTS which is a huge mistake IMO. How do you call mission challenges, license tests etc. a Campaign Mode? That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

I realize the focus of the game was always going to be online, with the FIA tie in and all. But no offline career at all? Can't believe it:yuck:

I don't mind always online, if it means escaping the potentially Crappy A.I.

I don't mind always online, if it means escaping the potentially Crappy A.I.
I don't mind it either as I almost never race offline in any game including GT5/6. But we're not the typical GT player IMO and to leave out the part of the game that was literally the foundation of the entire serious is a huge error IMO.

You haven't seen GTS at full power yet, but I get it. Repetition is the definition of insanity. Why play the same game for more than five years while waiting for GT7?

"You haven't seen GTS at full power yet" --- agreed. Theres evidence in the past that shows PD drastically improving the graphics/effects of a game between initial announcement too full on release. Happened with GT2000/GT3 back in the PS2 days.

I was trying to be really positive last night so as not to ruin anyone's fun, after all it was the unveiling of a game some people have waited for years but I had a good night sleep and thinking about what I saw yesterday is that I'm really underwhelmed.Seriously I was waiting for something that would have made me regret having bought an XBone instead of a PS4 but although I sort of liked what I saw I just wasn't blown away by it.

The lack of damage at this stage I'll not say it's laughable but it is a serious concern, I don't know how GTS as an esport will be taken seriously if say a guy leading a World Championship race screws up hits the barriers hard which in real life would wreck the car and in this game he just bounces back onto the track.

The other thing were the sounds, from that gameplay trailer and the online event I couldn't hear anything that was greatly different with GT6 and GT6 was bad, bad in terms of sounds so that's another worry.

Lack of weather night/day cycle? That's fine with me especially if it was taken away in order to have a more stable frame rate. Same as with the graphics, it looked really good, maybe not as good as Driveclub but I see that as a good thing as well if they are leaving more processing power for other things.

Something I am not sure whether I got right or not is that GTS is only going to have grids of 20 cars max, Is that right?

I'll wait for e3 to see if MS releases a XB1.5 at the same time as ps4.5 if that's the case I will make the switch. With Horizon 3 possibly coming at the end of this year and other serious sims all being multiplatform it looks like XB will be the console platform for racing fans for the years to come.

So how about the engine sounds and tire noise.....

And the camera views....

:rolleyes:

The camera views seem to me the reason why most people believe it's not very different from GT6 graphics-wise. Most angles are exactly the same...so it's not the best way to showcase something "improved" without it seeming unchanged at a first glance.

And it was a trailer, a reveal: it's only purpose is being an impressive first glance.

They should have worked on the engine sounds instead of the stickers customization thing. I don't care about sticky things on the cars... They are useless. 3 years of work man, I don’t see the effort to make the game better in the trailers.

End of whining and crying.

1. I already knew it. Aside from the community, PD as far as i can see hasnt change their development style which honestly the biggest problem in GT so far. It does address some fans concerns and requests (livery editor, car lists, group racing, etc). But the execution is slow, sometimes misdirected, and rather not in solid pace. Compare that to like any other racing game franchise ever.

2. Why i get a feel that we cant make our own badges/logos on livery editor, especially when factoring the preorder logo pack and no interface screenshot of it exist. Its not final but i can feel it.

They should have worked on the engine sounds instead of the stickers customization thing. I don't care about sticky things on the cars... They are useless. 3 years of work man, I don’t see the effort to make the game better in the trailers.

To be fair it's not like the same people work on sounds and livery editor programming.

Soo, here are my whines and cries.

1. graphics wise it looks good (not mind blowing, except photomode). What really confuses me are the damn shadows. They look exactly like GT6 and are low res even in cockpit view. And yet even GT5 prologue had nice clean cockpit shadows. Also I haven't seen windshield reflections and dirt effects (not a big deal but most new racing games have it)

2. physics wise I can't judge until I play but some of the spins in the stream were weird. Also, crash physics same as GT1-GT6.

3. No word on damage. No damage shown at all. You can't showcase races like this where people just bump each other and crash into barriers like it's nothing. I mean, at least mechanical damage is a must.

4. sounds- some are alright, but it's nowhere near impressive. Still needs work.

5. That stream was supposed to be a LAN race right? why do cars still have the terrible laggy, janky movements like when I play online.

6. reports on bad framerate. I don't know, for these graphics it better run like a dream.

7. I personally never liked the GT5/GT6 camera, especially chase cam. This looks the same. Just copy Driveclub, PD.

you won't regret it, I didn't!

Last edited:
The same 2D grass and tree textures, low polygon and texture environments, same crowds with the same animations, the same low res flickering shadows in the same places (look at the far left for the flickering and far right for draw distance, same as GT6, 1h35m34s if link is not working), the same saw tooth shaped wheel arches...

While I agree, I'm pretty sure the last one is just a slight delay on the tesselation on the wheel arch. It smoothes out after a few seconds, just like GT6.

You realize that "sport" is not french or something for 7, its actually the English language word sport. How you can have sport without other people is beyond me. There is no offline mode required, multiplayer only is fine. Besides I usually never play recent GT games offline, why would you when you can race?

In a game designed for esports, a livery editor is far from useless. It took Forza from being an also ran, to industry key player

Last edited:
It feels a bit like a launch title.

Y'know, I think that's what's been nibbling away at me. Had this released in 2014, I don't think I would've batted an eyelid at the familiarity of it all. It would've been right after the FIA tie-in was first announced, and close enough to GT6 that their differences would've worked in Sport's favour.

Instead, it will release on the 3 year anniversary of the PS4. That's very nearly the longest amount of time between a system's release and its first GT title (GT1 hit 3 years and 20 days). It's a full-price title, so it will be judged as a full game, in a genre that's never had more quality entries.

I'm blown away by the Photomode stuff. It's the one area of the big reveal that exceeded expectations, and I already consider PD the best in the business in that area. Of course, that the photo-taking portion stands alone should be a sign of worry, right?

Not really. There's too many things I don't know enough to pass judgment on – physics, sounds, the structure and level of grindiness of the of the 'career', the social aspects – but what I saw on the stream didn't quite wow me. The graphics aren't much better than GT6 from what I could make out (at least, not while racing), but if the rest of the package impresses, that really won't bother me that much.

What doesn't fill me with confidence is the cancellation of the beta without actually announcing it. That's an unfortunate PR decision, so I hope this London event provides a pile of good, informed reviews from the GTP community members that are lucky enough to be attending.

It appears in the trailer itself too. On multiple cars.
00ef132a2b401c436c4ac808a958dac5.png

and on the 650s's roof pillar
ab66a64d7ddb24f7de3cd8be1828b002.jpg

Sure, it's exactly what I'm talking about . In other screens both of these are fully smooth, just like that Mercedes.
i1dY1cVuZIvXib.jpg
i14eFDS6oORGY.jpg

It worked like that in GT6 too with cars that had it. I don't know how the tesselation works in GTS but since we already had fully tesselated cars on track in GT6 on PS3 I really doubt it will look worse here.

Y'know, I think that's what's been nibbling away at me. Had this released in 2014, I don't think I would've batted an eyelid at the familiarity of it all. It would've been right after the FIA tie-in was first announced, and close enough to GT6 that their differences would've worked in Sport's favour.

Instead, it will release on the 3 year anniversary of the PS4. That's very nearly the longest amount of time between a system's release and its first GT title (GT1 hit 3 years and 20 days). It's a full-price title, so it will be judged as a full game, in a genre that's never had more quality entries.

I'm blown away by the Photomode stuff. It's the one area of the big reveal that exceeded expectations, and I already consider PD the best in the business in that area. Of course, that the photo-taking portion stands alone should be a sign of worry, right?

Not really. There's too many things I don't know enough to pass judgment on – physics, sounds, the structure and level of grindiness of the of the 'career', the social aspects – but what I saw on the stream didn't quite wow me. The graphics aren't much better than GT6 from what I could make out (at least, not while racing), but if the rest of the package impresses, that really won't bother me that much.

What doesn't fill me with confidence is the cancellation of the beta without actually announcing it. That's an unfortunate PR decision, so I hope this London event provides a pile of good, informed reviews from the GTP community members that are lucky enough to be attending.
Yeah, had it been released in current state back at PS4's launch, no one would bat an eye, similar content numbers to FM5, not much competition on the market. In 2016 we already have FM6 which is a behemoth of a game, Assetto Corsa which offers fantastic physics and similar content numbers to GTS I think with better sounds as well, PCars that has full race weekends, ToD/Weather on all tracks, pit stops, etc. It seems to me that Gran Turismo tries to bite a piece of each of these games' pie, but ultimately falls short of each.

Back