The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
That's the thing though, you think there would be atleast something new to report at this point. Hopefully the next two months hold some nice surprises.
Remember when we were shown the wheels and aero wing screen for GT6? I was one, jumping for joy. How'd that turn out?

Only thing new I can think of, has already been shown in the game videos. We would need more car reveals to hold interest. That and how we play offline.

I hope there are some surprises as well. Not the Senna Tribute/GW/Moon TT kind but, nice relavent to-continue-play of the game surprises.

Remember when we were shown the wheels and aero wing screen for GT6? I was one, jumping for joy. How'd that turn out?

Only thing new I can think of, has already been shown in the game videos. We would need more car reveals to hold interest. That and how we play offline.

I hope there are some surprises as well. Not the Senna Tribute/GW/Moon TT kind but, nice relavent to-continue-play of the game surprises.
I for one am still wondering about customization. While it has been confirmed that it's not as extensive as before, I'm still wondering what is available at this point. I know it likely won't be much(or any) for performance but I would like to see what we'd have for aesthetics. That, and the livery editor, would be nice to see a more in depth review of it.

A livery editor works fine for me for now, as long as it isn't too restricted and leaves us little to no choices in how we create said liveries. I for one (repeating myself here) can't wait to race in a one-make lobby, with all kinds of various liveries to make the race - and replay - interesting.

That's what rubber banding is.

Yes, but not consistently. GT4 and GT5 didn't have it a lot of the time.

Besides, "it's always been that way" is the weakest excuse for including something. Rubber banding was a standard back in 1998. It's not these days because developers have found better ways of doing things. Even if you want adaptive difficulty there are better ways than rubber banding.

I completely understand what you are saying but if you just play close attention to the video, you will see something different. I'm not saying this because I'm a fan but that A.I was pretty damn smart especially at the end when it overtook. The A.I is treating the race as an actual race and not a game. A typical player would bomb rush their way through but in real life you cannot just overtake any kind of way without the risk of crashing and killing yourself.

FYI: Arsetto Corsa has rubber-banding affect

FYI: Arsetto Corsa has rubber-banding affect

Really? If so it's very good, I've not noticed it. I've never heard anyone else mention it. My experience is that the AI drives at a pace proportional to the difficulty I set. Which means that for me some races are unwinnable even if I drive to the best of my ability and make no mistakes.

That's not like GT where the AI will slow down massively to attempt to let you win.

Do you have an example that I could test in AC to see this? It feels like you've got an axe to grind if you're calling it Arsetto Corsa.

Really? If so it's very good, I've not noticed it. I've never heard anyone else mention it. My experience is that the AI drives at a pace proportional to the difficulty I set. Which means that for me some races are unwinnable even if I drive to the best of my ability and make no mistakes.

That's not like GT where the AI will slow down massively to attempt to let you win.

Do you have an example that I could test in AC to see this? It feels like you've got an axe to grind if you're calling it Arsetto Corsa.
I've played Arsetto Corsa and purchased it, the A.I isn't what people said it is. I was driving on the Nurb on Alien mode which is the hardest. When I speed up, you can obvious see that the A.I had a handicap and it is not until they come up on a car Which is where they slow down way too much. The Cars behind get a edge where they come up behind you very quickly out of nowhere. I've broken away from them and Gap them just as I do in Gran turismo.

The only difference between the too is the handicap of each A.I of the two racing games.Other then that, they are similar but you don't have to take my word. Play it when it comes out.

In Arsetto you kind of have to fight you way to a curve for the A.I to notice you where in GT, the A.I doesn't notice you period.

I've played Arsetto Corsa and purchased it, the A.I isn't what people said it is. I was driving on the Nurb on Alien mode which is the hardest. When I speed up, you can obvious see that the A.I had a handicap and it is not until they come up on a car Which is where they slow down way too much. The Cars behind get a edge where they come up behind you very quickly out of nowhere. I've broken away from them and Gap them just as I do in Gran turismo.

The only difference between the too is the handicap of each A.I of the two racing games.Other then that, they are similar but you don't have to take my word. Play it when it comes out.

In Arsetto you kind of have to fight you way to a curve for the A.I to notice you where in GT, the A.I doesn't notice you period.

Mate, I have hundreds of hours in Assetto Corsa. The AI has it's problems, but I've not noticed anything that I'd class as rubber banding. The AI certainly behaves very differently to Gran Turismo 6.

Since you're saying the difficulty is Alien, I suppose you're talking about the special events. Which one? There are 6 on the Nurburgring and 3 on the Nordschleife. Tell me what you see and where you see it so I can check it out for myself, because so far you just come off as a bitter hater.

While we're at it, what do you mean when you say "handicap"? They're artificially slowed down? They're given a time advantage? What?

My low heart say that the livery editor will not having a Label/Sticker Creator.

Kinda want to bet. We'll see when it finally launches.

Im going to say this (since im on the Whining thread anyways) once it for all, not caring if its controversial:

This game has somewhat grown into cancer for GTP. Since my community on GT has basically dead in entirety, all I can care about GTS is only at minimum. Its something that i can probably be contributive to the community (like cover designs), but if the franchise crash and burned I wont miss a darn thing.

Good if you still care about GTS. Im basically apathetic at this point. Just enjoy seeing people get their negativity at high RPM about GTS delay and all I did here about this is basically flowing with the crowd, really.

Just..... never change.

Why was the beta cancelled again? Oh that's right, to release the game on time. Oh what's that? THE GAME GOT DELAYED!! Go freakin' figure... :rolleyes:

It's all about Kaz and PD getting those millions of sells for bragging rights, and they knows this. No doubt in my mind they would've done the same for GTS as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to say this (since im on the Whining thread anyways) once it for all, not caring if its controversial:

This game has somewhat grown into cancer for GTP. Since my community on GT has basically dead in entirety, all I can care about GTS is only at minimum. Its something that i can probably be contributive to the community (like cover designs), but if the franchise crash and burned I wont miss a darn thing.

Good if you still care about GTS. Im basically apathetic at this point. Just enjoy seeing people get their negativity at high RPM about GTS delay and all I did here about this is basically flowing with the crowd, really.

Just..... never change.

It's the Internet man, if even Jesus can get dogged on, then what chance does PD have?

That said, I don't think the entirety of GTP is anti GT as the forums may indicate because people who tend to use forums are also more dedicated and with that comes more hardcore analysis/critiques/opinions. There are a lot more members compared to active users that we usually see here.

Honestly the delay sucks, but it's life. We are grown ups and we can deal with it. However some members make me think otherwise...:P

"Blank Canvas" Kaz said... Sorry Kaz but you are a fool and lier who should never be trusted again, especially after GT5, GT6 and NOW THIS. Why was the beta cancelled again? Oh that's right, to release the game on time. Oh what's that? THE GAME GOT DELAYED!! Go freakin' figure... :rolleyes:

It's all about Kaz and PD getting those millions of sells for bragging rights, and they knows this. No doubt in my mind they would've done the same for GTS as well.
It would have been too logical to just make this an FIA GT3 (Blancpain or whatever name they'd like to use) Championship game. That's all they had to do. Just GT3 cars. Even the PD fake Mustang, Jag and Hyundai.
Too logical to focus just on that. Showing the power of the PS4 with graphics and online competition. I mean, that's all they did at the Copper Box. GT3 racing. Might as well just released a GT3 racing game.

It would have been too logical to just make this an FIA GT3 (Blancpain or whatever name they'd like to use) Championship game. That's all they had to do. Just GT3 cars. Even the PD fake Mustang, Jag and Hyundai.
Too logical to focus just on that. Showing the power of the PS4 with graphics and online competition. I mean, that's all they did at the Copper Box. GT3 racing. Might as well just released a GT3 racing game.
...and released it 18 months ago.

I have to vent.

I have no clue why anyone would be so confident that GTS being delayed automatically means it will be better than if it came out as originally planned. Did some of us learn nothing from GT5? Despite GT5's delays and taking half a decade to release, it still came out unfinished and received a 🤬 ton of updates and fixes during its life span. And many of those things should have been there from the beginning.

For example, even something as simple as being able to save during championships was not there at launch and had to be added several months later. Not to mention the ability to save during endurance races also had to implemented later as well and didn't appear until the Spec 2.0 update, 11 months after release. Heck, someone even had to tweet Kaz, telling him how ridiculous it is to expect players to do the endurance races that required several hours or more of their time.

So PD honestly thought it was fine for players to complete the very long Formula GT Championship in one sitting and leave their PS3's running for unprecedented lengths of time to do the 24-hour endurance races. This is just one of many instances of how out of touch PD are and I see no reason to think why things have changed now.

Just have to shake my head at the fact that there are still people who have strong faith in Kaz's empty words.

It's the Internet man, if even Jesus can get dogged on, then what chance does PD have?

That said, I don't think the entirety of GTP is anti GT as the forums may indicate because people who tend to use forums are also more dedicated and with that comes more hardcore analysis/critiques/opinions. There are a lot more members compared to active users that we usually see here.

Honestly the delay sucks, but it's life. We are grown ups and we can deal with it. However some members make me think otherwise...:P

Honestly, I think GTP is taking this remarkably well. The vast majority of responses to this have been along the lines of "hardly a surprise, PD being PD, nothing to see here". Which while maybe a bit rough, when taken in context of the last decade or so is totally fair.

Personally I think it's more dangerous for Polyphony that people are starting to sink into such apathy about the whole thing. At least if people were legitimately up in arms then it would show that there's still a lot of people that care deeply about the game. That so many people are simply saying "another delay, expected from PD" I think shows that people are finally starting not to care.

Before someone says it, that is not a good thing.

Honestly, I think GTP is taking this remarkably well. The vast majority of responses to this have been along the lines of "hardly a surprise, PD being PD, nothing to see here". Which while maybe a bit rough, when taken in context of the last decade or so is totally fair.

Personally I think it's more dangerous for Polyphony that people are starting to sink into such apathy about the whole thing. At least if people were legitimately up in arms then it would show that there's still a lot of people that care deeply about the game. That so many people are simply saying "another delay, expected from PD" I think shows that people are finally starting not to care.

Like I did.

I think shows that people are finally starting not to care.

Maybe the kids that got so emotional and bitter over previous delays are now old enough to be able to put computer game release date delays into some kind of actual life perspective.

... I mean, that's probably not the case, but one can hope.

Maybe the kids that got so emotional and bitter over previous delays are now old enough to be able to put computer game release date delays into some kind of actual life perspective.

True. And maybe the kids that make passive aggressive comments about passionate fans of a gaming franchise expressing frustration and disappointment might gain some actual life perspective at the same time. Maybe.

Am I surprised about the delay; not at all. But I am surprised that Sony/PD took this long to announce it or even give a date. Sony still considers GT as a "system seller"! I know alot of people have different thoughts on that. Was puzzled as to why they didn't delay GT Sport's release to coincide with the NEO release. Now I am in no doubt that day one release of both will come in a packaged bundle, as well as on there own.

Despite shortcomings in other areas, the high level of graphics has always been one of the hallmarks in the series, and PD have always been obbsessive about how advanced they claim their level of modelling; lighting effects, photo mode, etc, are. PD shows off the game at it's optimum. And Sony shows off power of the NEO over the standard PS4 to entice customers.

One disturbing thing I noticed is many of the major gaming websites did not report the delay. I think they did this not because the delay was expected, but because the interest in Gran Turismo isn't what it used to be

Yes. I mean, God forbid that a "grown up" should enjoy or invest emotional attachment to a video game. That's strictly for kids. "Grown ups" don't do things like that, they do "grown up" things like go to the footy and get drunk and get into fights.

How about you just accept that some people like games. That is their hobby. They enjoy getting excited about a big new release. They love getting up early so that they can download it the moment it goes love, and jump on with all the other people to discover things for the first time. They want to devote hours to exploring and enjoying the game.

How about you get it through your head that it's just as acceptable for a "grown up" to enjoy these things as it is for a child? I bet you also mock "grown ups" who like model train sets, or remote control planes, or lego. God forbid that these "grown ups" should do things that they enjoy. They should be at nightclubs and concerts with all the other unoriginal hipsters.

Back