The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 08 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 157 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

I kind of misread the "trackday" part and thought this was for a grassroots level race series. I've decided to go with it anyway as I enjoyed making it.

What we have here is a well-used RX7. It has about 4 different shades of red on it as the bits are of different ages due to damage repairs and replacements. The door mirrors pretty much need replaced after every race, so the colour of the donor car gets carried over, and they haven't matched for about 4 years. And don't get me started on the rust...

Bob's Skip hire has stuck with me through thick and thin and if I ever make the big time, his sticker will still be on the car. I'm not sure about Excel yet as how good can 15 quid tyres be, but I'm happy to take their money (and the free tyres although they are a bit 🤬 .)

GTPlanet Livery Competition 8
by David Anderson, on Flickr

GTPlanet Livery Competition 8
by David Anderson, on Flickr

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1567832/1/4836967223728833545

Comic Sans. It had to happen, didn’t it. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

Young kid want's to go racing, but doesn't have a lot of money. Finds a wrecked Toyota 86, and starts bringing it back to a useable state. Since money is tight, only the essentials are bought for now. Replacement body panels, even had a buddy change out the right rear quarter panel. It's been a labor of love, adding to it as he goes, buying parts when he can. Managed to splurge on a carbon fiber trunk lid, and big wing, because you know....race car. The decals on the back aren't sponsors, they just came in the box of the parts he bought.

Racing when he can, and already showing scars from the steep learning curve, but that part of the fun. One of these days, he might keep it clean and straight enough to paint the whole car, the same color. But for now, he's happy turning laps.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1445033/1/6278655674751682057

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Now while i've been a member here for a while I admit, I only lurk. This is my first entry into any of the weekly comps. I've been watching for so long I figured it was time to jump in. So here's an old member of our family, passed down and loved. We've always kept her stripped back and clean. Hoping one day to pass it on to my own son & daughter, both of them as big of an Otaku as i am.
View media item 41673View media item 41674
Thanks for checking this one out guys, i'll do my best to enter more of the comps in the future.

Attachments

• 8439824877471434252_0.jpg
    8439824877471434252_0.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 8574932858103169540_0.jpg
    8574932858103169540_0.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 12
FINAL ENTRY
Now while i've been a member here for a while I admit, I only lurk. This is my first entry into any of the weekly comps. I've been watching for so long I figured it was time to jump in. So here's an old member of our family, passed down and loved. We've always kept her stripped back and clean. Hoping one day to pass it on to my own son & daughter, both of them as big of an Otaku as i am.
View media item 41673View media item 41674
Thanks for checking this one out guys, i'll do my best to enter more of the comps in the future.
Welcome to the competitions mate :).

FINAL ENTRY

'The Boy Racer Bimmer'

Say hello to our 1989 'G' Reg BMW E30, 176,560 miles, 4 owners and bought by me and 3 friends in 2013 for £950. We bought the car originally to do road trips around Europe but after the 1st trip to watch Le Mans in 2014 ended with the car breaking down not once, not twice but 4 times (mainly overheating issues and a dodgy alternator) we decided this Bavarian beast was perhaps better suited to shorter trips around a race track. My brother-in-law sorted out the bodywork, (the car was originally red but had faded to a salmon pink in places) filled in the rust areas around the arches, upgraded the wheels, fuel lines and suspension and fixed a multitude of smaller issues and fitted a rear exhaust guard, a short shifter and new front splitter. After a bit of tuning, it was just left to paint the car.

My friend James insisted on the black bonnet, the yellow trim on the grille, lights and spoiler was the brainchild of Paul (I'm still not sure myself :crazy:) I chose the primer grey finish and Trevor chose the alloy wheels. No official sponsors, most of the stickers came with parts, out of magazines, one from the track day insurance company or off Ebay.

To date, we have done 8 track days, 3 at Oulton Park, 1 at Snetterton, 2 at a local aerodrome near York and finally, the piece de resistance, a trip to Nordschleife last year for the Annual Sunday Cup M3 E30 gathering (we took the car on my brother-in-law's flatbed truck this time :D)

I drove 1st, after claiming my Gran Turismo track knowledge would set us up nicely, it would have perhaps until I scraped the front bumper whilst driving it off the truck!!

We enjoyed, nervously, 2 laps of the Green Hell not really racing other cars as it was much more challenging than any of us anticipated (there was some beautiful E30 examples including a wonderful orange Jagermeister copy) But then on the 3rd lap James got over exuberant at Bergwerk, clipped the curb too much, spun the car and slid off into the barrier, it was only a slight collision but it bent the front lower arm and buckled the wheel on the driver's side, we waited 40 minutes to be recovered, back to the hotel to drown our misfortune with some fine Pilsners and then, after wrestling the car back onto the truck, it was back to England with a rather sorry looking M3 (and an even sorrier looking Paul who never got to do a lap :grumpy:)

I did 3 liveries just for this one-shot :D

Available here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/1309219/1/5846336492228608017

:cheers: Enjoy :cheers:

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

'The Boy Racer Bimmer'

Say hello to our 1989 'G' Reg BMW E30, 176,560 miles, 4 owners and bought by me and 3 friends in 2013 for £950. We bought the car originally to do road trips around Europe but after the 1st trip to watch Le Mans in 2014 ended with the car breaking down not once, not twice but 4 times (mainly overheating issues and a dodgy alternator) we decided this Bavarian beast was perhaps better suited to shorter trips around a race track. My brother-in-law sorted out the bodywork (the car was originally red but had faded to a sickly pink) filled in the rust areas around the arches, upgraded the wheels and suspension and fixed a multitude of smaller issues it was just left to paint the car. My friend James insisted on the black bonnet and the yellow trim on the grille, lights and spoiler was the brainchild of Paul (I'm still not sure myself :crazy:) I chose the grey finish and Trevor chose the alloy wheels. No official sponsors, most of the stickers came with parts, out of magazines or off Ebay.

To date, we have done 8 track days, 3 at Oulton Park, 1 at Snetterton, 2 at a local aerodrome near York and finally, the piece de resistance, a trip to Nordschleife last year for the Annual Sunday Cup M3 E30 gathering (we took the car on my brother-in-law's flatbed truck this time :D)

I drove 1st, after claiming my Gran Turismo track knowledge would set us up nicely, it would have perhaps until I scraped the front bumper whilst driving it off the truck!!

We enjoyed, nervously, 2 laps of the Green Hell not really racing other cars as it was much more challenging than any of us anticipated (there was some beautiful E30 examples including a wonderful orange Jagermeister copy) But then on the 3rd lap James got over exuberant at Bergwerk, clipped the curb too much and slid off into the barrier, it was only a slight collision but it bent the front lower arm and buckled the wheel on the driver's side, we waited 40 minutes to be recovered, back to the hotel to drown our misfortune with some fine Pilsners and then it was back to England with a rather sorry looking M3 (and an even sorrier looking Paul who never got to do a lap :grumpy:)

I did 3 liveries just for this one-shot :D

Available here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/1309219/1/5846336492228608017

:cheers: Enjoy :cheers:

this is so rad

You live close to Elvington eh? You must be fairly nearby me at Selby?!

Certainly am mate, I live North York and have an office at North Duffield, my sister lives in Selby, small world :)

FINAL ENTRY

First time doing this, sorry if I mess anything up or if this is not allowed in the photo competition. I uploaded via cellphone so I'm finding it hard to select thumbnail size. Mines Skyline GT-R R34 track ready. Sunday Cup entry.

Screenshot_20180627-051840a.jpg

Screenshot_20180627-051914a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@TYLER2013 Merged your posts, since the first one basically was an unfinished one of your second one.

It looks good! Only thing I would point out is you should've zoomed out a little on the rear end shot, and maybe do a little bit less vignette. :)

Other than that, welcome to the competitions! :D

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

A Family Affair

When Grandpa was about to become “best age” he ordered the black E30 back in the last millenium and used to take care of it like a treasure.
In his workshop-style garage he allowed us kids to sit on his lap and grab the ultrasuede steering wheel and try to shift the gears until Grandma interrupted us and called for cake, sweets and coffee.

Though equipped with Recaros and a threaded chassis the BMW never has seen a racetrack. Last Sunday Grandpa told me about topic one on his “bucket list”: »Finally in my life I wish to see my E30 on a racetrack. Would you be so kind and do me the favour to take us to the Ring for a couple of laps? Since my eyes are kind of bad I prefer to be your co-driver.«
Good things come to those who wait.
Fulfilling my Grandpa’s wish and finally driving the desired BMW was more than a win-win situation.
At the Nordschleife we met two of his old mates walking their Mercedes 190 E 2.5-16.
It was fun to see how these guys were beating their rides. Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternative…

(Edit:) Important note for owners of BMW M Models:
To prevent the vehicle from dysfunction BMW recommends regular application of race numbers.

Link to livery:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/4310859/1/5116159614367302161

Special thanks to @JKcreativeworks who finished our local motorsport club logo!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

When I saw this theme is about making a realistic hobbyist track car I instantly thought of the Honda Civic being the perfect choice. They’re cheap to run, easy maintenance, also offer many options for aftermarket parts. And, for a novice like me I definitely feel more comfortable driving in a fwd than in a rwd on the track. So here it is, representing my hometown, a track ready Honda Civic FK2 Type R tuned and prepped by a local tuner shop KC Racing, sponsored by HK Racing Training Association.

So many great entries! And so many great in their own way, wether its the story behind it, or the details, or just the whole appeal! Outstanding work!

For the people, by the way, who missed the conversation about the Sunday Cup, its actually becoming a real (friendly race) trackday!

Click here, for the topic! You are welcome to join the Sunday Cup trackday(s) on Sunday with your livery entry, we would love to see you run it! :D

FINAL ENTRY

'The Black Baron' BMW M3 Sport Evo Track Day Car
The game story...

... This M3 Sport Evo still wears its original brilliant Red paintwork. Despite the paint not being in tip-top shape, it was decided to offer it at least some protection before track use. As a result, the car was wrapped in Economy grade matte black graphics vinyl... t'wasn't the best wrap job, but it was cheap, and since Sport Evo's cost so damn much the money's better kept in the parts/consumables budget.

The surprise benefit was the opportunity for easy decoration using (cheap) white Chalk pens! Sure, a few stickers were added along the way, mainly those to show allegiance to the BMW Car Club UK M Power Registry, and websites covering the cars progress - but since the wrap was getting ripped off after the summer season - this was never going to be an all time livery great... The original modern DTM style "BMW Bank" stickers were removed after some clown replaced some of the B's with W's, so (after two attempts at spelling it) this was changed to an obligatory classic DTM Warsteiner sticker.

The car became known as 'The Black Baron', and this name was lovingly, and delicately, displayed on the bonnet. Other messages scrawled on the car are messages to other drivers, spectators and marshals.

The not game story..

It's actually a tribute to 3 things... Firstly, a car I saw at a RWYB years ago, whose owners were taking £1's for charity, for which you got to draw whatever you wanted on the car... that had been painted with blackboard paint. I always thought that was kinda cool. Secondly, my own E30. It wasn't an M3, it was only a 320i, but that's where the reg plates on this car came from. Thirdly, it's a tribute to the first BMW I owned. This was an E28 528i, which spent the last year of it's life looking like this...

c3-jpg.371260

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back