The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 08 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 157 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

My first entry into one of these competitions. Hopefully I have entered correctly. I followed the instructions for taking a photo of the car. Although the colours look a bit off to me.

I went for a look that shows that this is a car that has been raced a fair few times. Scuff marks on the panels & wheel arches. Tape on the back panel where there has been a collision. Little touches like the Pirelli sticker on the rear starting to peel.

Last edited:
I didn't like taking the pics like that, it took too long to do. I prefer to just get a couple shots while in the livery editor. You have a studio setup in that and don't have to mess around trying to make one in photo mode.

I didn't like taking the pics like that, it took too long to do. I prefer to just get a couple shots while in the livery editor. You have a studio setup in that and don't have to mess around trying to make one in photo mode.

But the nice thing about the photo settings in the OP is that it makes the colours pop far more and shows off different textures a bit better.
Also, you only need to do it once, then you can go into your library > scapes and then if you press triangle you can open it in the scapes editor and swap out the car for another one!

You only have to do it once though. Once you’ve tuned the settings you can load up that ‘template’ for easy use next time. No need to enter all those values twice. Next time you enter it takes a five seconds to change the car and take a new photo. How’s that taking too long? ;)

But the nice thing about the photo settings in the OP is that it makes the colours pop far more and shows off different textures a bit better.
Also, you only need to do it once, then you can go into your library > scapes and then if you press triangle you can open it in the scapes editor and swap out the car for another one!

Tree’d :lol: but yeah IIRC @BLiTZ said he made the settings 4K friendly. So that’s really nice.
- and 4K resolution. That beats the low resolution you get from screenshotting within the livry editor itself.

You only have to do it once though. Once you’ve tuned the settings you can load up that ‘template’ for easy use next time. No need to enter all those values twice. Next time you enter it takes a five seconds to change the car and take a new photo. How’s that taking too long? ;)

Tree’d :lol: but yeah IIRC @BLiTZ said he made the settings 4K friendly. So that’s really nice.
- and 4K resolution. That beats the low resolution you get from screenshotting within the livry editor itself.

I didn't know you could just load up the settings in the scapes again. Not all of us have a PS4 Pro either.

I didn't know you could just load up the settings in the scapes again. Not all of us have a PS4 Pro either.
Now you do! :)

PS4 or PS4 Pro, that doesn’t matter. I don’t have a Pro either. Not a 4K HDR TV either. But I still appreciate these settings for showcasing a livery. :)

You have to go to My Library on the left of the Top Screen (i.e. the main menu), then, you will instantly be in the Scapes Photos tab. After that, select the photo you wish to recreate using the same settings (which in this case is the Shiretoko showcase photos). Then, press Triangle on the highlighted photo, then choose Open this Scape or something like that. After that, there is a confirmation message, then hit OK and Voila! You can do the same shots with a different car!

Photos with High resolution settings are 4K (i.e. 3840 x 2160).

Thanks for the explanation and the vid. Any of you got a link, or know how to do those really dark Black and White shots I've seen?

Good advice guys, saves a lot of time, I made a quick video for anyone who is unsure exactly how to use the same Scapes settings again and again

You don’t have to delete the car though, you can just press change and then the placement/rotation and light/wheel setting of the old car is kept on the new one.

Just about the take photos of my entry, I have run into a problem though, Also hi yes I am back :sly:

Regarding the photo rules
Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

If I set the saturation down to zero the whole car is in black and white, All other settings are exactly set as per the OP but I have no idea why the saturation removes all colour from my car, What do I do about this just set the saturation to what it would be as standard and use the other settings as laid out in the OP?

Just about the take photos of my entry, I have run into a problem though, Also hi yes I am back :sly:

Screen Effect 1

If I set the saturation down to zero the whole car is in black and white, All other settings are exactly set as per the OP but I have no idea why the saturation removes all colour from my car, What do I do about this just set the saturation to what it would be as standard and use the other settings as laid out in the OP?
Hmmm, weird, this should take the saturation from the background, not the car. You can use the standard saturation then i suppose.

Screen Effect 1

Sounds like you haven't set the mask to the background.

Screen Effect 1

Sounds like you haven't set the mask to the background.

^ this, you aren't using the "background only" mask and are desaturating the whole picture.

Thought I’d let you know I’ve finally decided the next theme. And I’ve had some inside help from @MatskiMonk and @BLiTZ.

It was hard to get everything how I wanted, and I’m not completely satisfied with how my sample livery turned out.

But it will be a fun theme to do, I think. I hope you’ll like it, and I look forward to post it.

As always, be sure to read the rules thoroughly, and I’ll say it now too - I’ll allow two bonus images in that round.

FINAL ENTRY

I am really not happy with how it looks in the photo scape as the black is not strong enough and there are reflections of this I may fix that by adding a picture of someone driving it. so show how it can look good.

I may post a story to this latter when I am not tired.

Here is a link to the livery

A couple years back, I’d pre-entered our Chrysler 300c track car into a hillclimb, just for it not to be ready in time. Not wanting to waste my $500 entry fee, at the last minute I switched my entry to my daily, a Toyota 86.

I showed up to scruiteneering (held the night before) horrifically unprepared and the scruiteneer, after pointing out the fact that I had no fire extinguisher; no tow or battery triangles, non suitable clothing, an out of date helmet and no racing numbers, laughed at me and said “bring it back first thing in the morning and we’ll try again. You could at least try to make it look like a race car.”

The only store open was Bunnings Hardware and all I could get was the fire extinguisher (mounted very questionably with zip ties) and a few different colours of electrical tape. Time was against me and I didn’t get to cover it in stripes or designs but I got on the bare minimum, took it out there and showed a lot of people that my daily driver could slap the hell out of plenty of race cars... even if t didn’t really look like one :)
9C837E86-3188-4F3C-8C95-951FD226D132.jpeg

FINAL ENTRY
And so thats the inspiration for my design here. If I’d known a week earlier that the race car wouldn’t be ready, I, like many track rats before me, could’ve headed down to Supercheap and picked up a few cans of plasti dip.
The grille and stockies get the blackened treatment, there’s some bright red stripes (because red makes you go faster) and some triangles not made of electrical tape. It’s also copped a full spray of silver, just for something different.
I wanted to focus on the body lines and keep this design as simple to do in real life as possible. Who knows, maybe one day the track car will break down on me again and I’ll need these photos for reference pics :lol:

Last edited:
A couple years back, I’d pre-entered our Chrysler 300c track car into a hillclimb, just for it not to be ready in time. Not wanting to waste my $500 entry fee, at the last minute I switched my entry to my daily, a Toyota 86.

I showed up to scruiteneering (held the night before) horrifically unprepared and the scruiteneer, after pointing out the fact that I had no fire extinguisher; no tow or battery triangles, non suitable clothing, an out of date helmet and no racing numbers, laughed at me and said “bring it back first thing in the morning and we’ll try again. You could at least try to make it look like a race car.”

The only store open was Bunnings Hardware and all I could get was the fire extinguisher (mounted very questionably with zip ties) and a few different colours of electrical tape. Time was against me and I didn’t get to cover it in stripes or designs but I got on the bare minimum, took it out there and showed a lot of people that my daily driver could slap the hell out of plenty of race cars... even if t didn’t really look like one :)
View attachment 748547

And so thats the inspiration for my design here. If I’d known a week earlier that the race car wouldn’t be ready, I, like many track rats before me, could’ve headed down to Supercheap and picked up a couple cans of plasti dip.
The grille and stockies get the blackened treatment, there’s some bright red stripes (because red makes you go faster) and some triangles not made of electrical tape. I went wth silver, rather than my real car’s grey, because I liked the contrast with the black.
I wanted to focus on the body lines and keep this design as simple to do in real life as possible. Who knows, maybe one day the track car will break down on me again and I’ll need these photos for reference pics :lol:

Is this your FINAL ENTRY?

FINAL ENTRY

View media item 41940View media item 41939

Once again, really liked the idea behind this fortnights theme, suited my livery making ability (or lack of :lol:), has a nice simplistic nature about it. So I thought I'd give this one a bash after being very pleasantly surprised how my last one went. Was happy just to enter the competition, let alone get a few votes last round, especially when the quality is so high, :cheers:.

Anyway onto the livery, kept with the HKS based theme for this one too, and decided to go with a "used and abused" type look. Went with the idea that going on a track day is an opportunity to hone ones driving skills, whether it's in practice for entering for a career in racing or simply for the fun of driving. Either way the idea was to make it look like this little MR2 had seen no shortage of use, with pretty much every panel on the car sporting some form of battle scar from it's time on the track.

Link to Livery

FINAL ENTRY

"Track 'Toy'ota

This beautiful girl refuses to be locked up in a museum and can't get enough of the track. She follows her speed record breaking brother's footsteps, but instead chooses to focus on having fun instead. That doesn't mean she's behind on the times oh no. (Whether those times are new racers or lap times :) )
This 2000GT has been lightened to 996 Kilograms and has it's original NA motor tweaked to 295 hp. She even has a sequential transmission now just because more time accelerating is better! She sings on the straight lines, and zings around the the corners! And when I say zing sometimes it's more like a sling! 'Cause you have to resist having fun sliding about, cause she loves it!

The story behind this 2000GT is a bit of a mystery, as the orginal Japanese owner was careful not to reveal himself while driving. Some say it was because he didn't want to be picked on for racing such a rare car (only 351 of them) others say he was very famous and couldn't reveal himself. In any case the car has only changed hands a few times to those who share the same love for the track as it's first owner. Now the car is lovingly driven around France in the Alscae region at the local track there. The old girl has plenty of life left in her and is lovingly cared for. Her brilliant Yellow paint and two tone reminiscent of her brother have some wear and tear but hey, that's racing!

I really grew into this car! I don't like yellow but this is brilliant! I found many great decal additions to add to her, the red/orange/yellow stripes and Toyota logo someone made, The edgy retro 2000GT font, The 2000GT owners club, the aged 2000GT license plate, decal makers are amazing people and I couldn't have made this car without them. Including the GTPlanet Number plate! This car turned out very clean, too clean in fact! I had to add some paint chipping at the lower fenders and front end to make sure she looked like she was raced, but it's a "on close inspection" kind of thing, gotta keep 'er nice.

FINAL ENTRY

Novice Driver
It would appear I wasn't the only one who thought the E30 was a good base car for this week, Hopefully mine isn't too professional looking :sly:

I had to have the obligatory BMW racing war paint and wanted to mix things up abit so added decals to make it look as though a few panel pieces had been replaced cheaply from a salvage yard or something along those lines given the driver wouldn't have a whole heap of cash at their disposal, I proudly present my M3 ;)

Last edited:
The rolling eyes doesn't help much. When I took the pics with the updated settings I forgot to resize them. Simple fix. It will get changed as soon as I get on my laptop.
Or you could go ahead and use the Media Gallery function within this site ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back