The GT3 bugs thread.

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 27 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
Finally got a GT3 bug report thread.
Now, post bugs you seen in GT3.

The first bug: The Esprit had no stylized name during color selection in the showroom.

lotus_espritV8.jpg

Last edited:
I remember that.

Second bug: DTM Opel Astra had and still have even in GT4 some black dot on rear lights, probably shadow error.

There's the glitch where you can reach an insane speed. Most commonly done in the Escudo.

Seattle Reverse, where you can go through the wall, at the end of the straight.
Oh yeah I've seen a Youtube of a GT-One doing the out of track glitch and hitting 2 billion+ mph.

Oh, and, I saw a glitch in Arcade mode where the S2000 has no name. I saw it on a YouTube video. I'll try to dig it up. And here it is:

And:
So I was doing the Amateur League Dream Car cup in a GT-One, and on Special Stage Route 11, and I was on the back straight (forget which lap), and I noticed my car was crooked and moving slower, and then I saw part of the car inside the barrier. I managed to get out of the wall, but by the time I did, I was in last. I don't know how that glitch happened. Ant thoughts?

Last edited:
Well, I've got some more bugs (though this was all because of GS after I beat the game)

1. The "Daytona USA" glitch
Basically, when you do the beginner series race with the Celica Rally car at the start of the race, the car acts like its tires "popped" because it suddenly loses control and keeps throwing up smoke even when going forward and when it doesn't use the brake! Then, it starts erratically speeding around the track bumping cars! Explanation for name: On the Seaside Street Galaxy track when you get in the top 3, during the ending sequence while your car goes along the track all the other cars crash into one another and go flying.

2. Simple game freeze
Simply put, the game freezes if you try to race on the wet SS Route 5 track while the "No Tire Wear" code is in effect in Arcade mode. (Not sure if the code affects Sim mode; never tried it)

One time, I was on gt3 for like 12 hours at my friends house, and I went into GT auto, but it didn't show the car up, this went for changing the oil, buying wheels, and washing it.

I have a video, I'll attach it when I download it from facebook and put it on youtube.

Sometimes, the menus freeze when you hit an option that has a lot of data for the playstation to load, and sometimes the menu music jumps slightly.

...but those are probably because of the playstation.

In arcade mode the Honda s2000 does not have the small image in the car selection,which is in 'my garage'.

One of the Toyota sprinter apex's does not have a value when open in 'my garage' or a price when using the trade tool.

The oil can icon on the driver's instrument panel when driving does not have much use, as does another light next to it.

Last edited:
The oil can icon on the driver's instrument panel when driving does not have much use, as does another light next to it.

The oil light comes on after about 150-200 miles and you lose power with dirty oil. The other lights are for TSC, ASM, and the handbrake.

Because the PS2 is a computer it can only compute up to a certain number because of binary. When you break out of the track at Seattle and do the wheelie trick, once you reach 2147483647mph the game will freeze because that number is the maximun that the game can compute. (It should be 1mph higher but "0mph" counts as a number.)
If you're lucky you will be able to exit to the menu, most times you can't do anything.

You left the skybox!
HOW do you activate this glitch? I MUST KNOW!

It wasn't me who made this video, but it doesn't look like any glitch you could intentionally cause. According to the comments, it looks like it was due to the fact that his ps2 is old.

There's a glitch on Grand Valley where you literally fall out of the track (I've heard it can only be done in a 787B, I have yet to test this theory)

Video:

Not really a glitch, but abit of an oversight.

In the PAL (US aswell?) versions, the professional Elise Trophy events flier says it has 10 races, but there's only 5 races in total.

A bug in the game which shows the car has no name.

That's because that is one of the hidden S2000s. The one from the real early press stuff, back when PD was still calling it GT2000. If you compare that particular S2000 with the regular one, you'll see a bunch of differences.

the last a licence test, the finish line is in a tunnel (only test that does this, not really a glitch but interesting) and half of it's missing. (photo or video if anyone wants)

Here's a funny one. My buddy and I found it years ago by accident because his little sister sucked at the game. I came here to see if anyone else knows about it.

In split-screen, if one player faces a wall and gives throttle to just keep pushing against it, then the other player's car will spin like a top if they are going very slowly and they turn while on the brakes. Try it out some time.

that sort of thing happened to me and my grandfather if we were both against the wall! totally forgot about it! never seen it happen the way you described with the second car simply going slowly.

This thread has been buried in sands of time for 3 years, and I noticed this:

SSEKTdY.png

There are 2 leftover Esso logos in the front (near headlights) of the Peugeot 206 Rally Car in the US version, where Exxon is normally used. :confused:

So everybody knows you can go out of bounds, but erm, you can apparently do 'laps' and finish races while you're out there, well at Monaco at least. I can get the first part to trigger on Seattle (the T1 split), but it seems impossible to get the lap to count by just accelerating next to track, I always get the wrong way text which seems to be a sign it isn't going to work. It's probably due to you OOBing on the inside of the track at Monaco, while on the outside of it at Seattle.

I found a glitch on breaking out of SSR11 once. Was a pretty awesome experience.
Do you remember where it was? I accidentally created a hybrid CL 600 that easily breaks through, so I could give it a try. (I actually broke through Super Speedway's pit wall by accident in this hybrid)

Do you remember where it was? I accidentally created a hybrid CL 600 that easily breaks through, so I could give it a try. (I actually broke through Super Speedway's pit wall by accident in this hybrid)

It's on the pitlane corner. I remember doing it with a escudo but I haven't been able to break through doing it lately.

I'll post pics on where to do it in a while...

Latest Posts

Back