The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 379 comments
Have you tried painting the car on the left? I suspect it will work.
I have not. But I intend to now. :cheers:

Also since it's a Firebird we should probably stop calling it an eagle. (Phoenix is tough word to remember how to spell though!)

EDIT: I tried but any other colour and you just get the line drawing version not the shaded one. Oh well. Nit-picking really. Still lots to change with it.

Last edited:
I have not. But I intend to now. :cheers:

Also since it's a Firebird we should probably stop calling it an eagle. (Phoenix is tough word to remember how to spell though!)

Oops. I humbly apologize to all Firebird owners. And Phoenixes. Thanks!

EDIT: I tried but any other colour and you just get the line drawing version not the shaded one. Oh well. Nit-picking really. Still lots to change with it.

I tried this too, and not only does it become the line drawing, the Phoenix' head turns to the right instead of the left. I tried one of each paint type, same result.

Last edited:
Triple screen is up and running, causes me tears of joy. Can't see where I'm going. All tracks now have weather it seems, and I can't turn it off! Was this with 1.05? :lol:

I love the new qualifying with the blue lines to see where the other racers are when you are racing alone.
EG,

I do NOT like the minimum 5 minutes for qualifying as I like to set my races up for a single flying lap.

The other thing I love is the Rain.
We have ran 2 race nights this season that were full wet and they were some of the best races we have seen (and very very hard to drive!)

Here is the last race of the night last week in the wet. You can see how much fun I was having lol

I am still enjoying the online racing. I am bored of the normal game but I only bought GT6 for online racing.

Was doing a few laps in GT6 today to test the tweak they recently made to the clutch, but that's another story. Anyway, I forgot just how good the physics are (been on GT5 mostly). They're just so much fun, I keep laughing & smiling from ear to ear & saying to myself "this feels so awesome!" At least they got something right.

VBR
..."this feels so awesome!" ...

You certainly got that right! :D

I don't know if "feeling awesome" means "better physics", but the result is a terrific experience, better than any previous ones in my personal experience. From the limited track driving experience I have, I think it feels authentic, but I'd leave that to the professional drivers. I'm just enchanted!

Ha a moment yesterday.
Bought the F40 and drove it stock at Monza, IB Dream Car race.
It Was terrible.

Used #Voodoovaj F40 tune. Fantastic :)
Had a blast driving at Monza.

Will check other tunes for this car during the weekend.

I love how so many cool cars from all sorts of eras are premium in this game.

+1

Last night I watched the pilot of the new From Dusk Till Dawn TV series and the Gecko brothers were driving an old Mercury Cougar. I thought that's a cool ride and then checked GT6 - and there it was!

I now have a 'Gecko Brothers' tuned up Mercury Cougar in my garage ready for some hit-n-run action in online dirty racing lobbies :sly:

From the original Type 1 to the Pagani Huayra in full colour palette, GT6 has almost everything your average gearhead wants. A part of me is considering keeping all the standard cars even, the game still feels like it doesn't have enough machines, despite having 1191.

Injured my shoulder so I haven't been playing for about a week.

Just had my comeback though, and what better way to do it than trying out a never before tried (in GT6) car? So I bought a '02 Dodge Viper and painted it pearl blue with white stripes and took a few laps around the ring! It was much better than I had expected! Just the fact that you're seeing the white stripes on the blue hood from the cockpit view enhances the experience a lot :D

So that's another car to add to the favourites list!

Those who are looking for something to do in GT6, drive replicas :) Visit my garage OP, see if there's a car that interests you :) I made them with real world tuning in mind, and they drive well on comfort tires 👍 My latest replica is OHLINS Road & Track BMW E82 1M Coupe replica :

OHLINS R&T DFV BMW E82 1M Coupe Replica

Tuned to replicate Ohlins R&T DFV BMW E82 1M Coupe 475PP
Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

CAR : BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07
Tire : Comfort Soft to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 335 HP at 5400 RPM
Torque : 341.3 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 95%
Weight: 1495 kg
Ballast : 143 kg
Ballast Position : -4
Weight Distribution : 51 / 49 - as in real life spec
Performance Points: 475

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Horizon Turquoise Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weigh Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - OHLINS Road & Track DFV Coilover Kit
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 86 96
Spring Rate: 6.12 12.25
Dampers (Compression): 6 5
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 2
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

LSD - 1.5 way M Differential Lock LSD
Initial Torque : 38
Acceleration Sensitivity: 48
Braking Sensitivity: 20

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION -Corrected 1M Gearing and Final from 2011 model year
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Auto Max Speed at 330kmh / 205mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 4.110
2nd 2.315
3rd 1.542
4th 1.179
5th 1.000
6th 0.846
Set Final : 3.154

Brake Balance:
7/8 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 6/7, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 7/8 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The E82 1 Series M Coupe BMW 2011 year model, a must have for any BMW lovers in GT6. I considered the car as a spiritual successor of older M3 cars from the 80's and 90's. Call it M3 little brother :D, with it's compact appearance and wide stance, the sexy coupe is deadly on the track.

Based on the BMW Concept 1 Series Tii '07, this E82 1M Coupe replica is built incorporating one of the most famous suspension manufacturer, OHLINS.

Power is replicated at 335HP, with torque in real life in range from 332 to 370 ft-lb due to overboost function, I decided to set at 341 ft-lb without changing redline using intake and exhaust manifold.

The 1M weight is replicated at 1495kg, with distribution at 51.7 / 48.3 also replicated accurately via ballast weight and positioning.

For LSD, I tried my best to replicate BMW special M Differential Lock, with high preload and locking rate, but still allows for progressive smooth response. As it's not possible to replicate variable E-Diff, I focused on driving characteristics and traction behavior on the limit.

Suspension as I mentioned, using OHLINS Road & Track DFV Coilover Kit, with spring rate :

Front 60 N/mm / 343 lbs/in / 6.12 kg/mm and Rear 120 N/mm / 686 lbs/in / 12.25kg/mm

Damper has been tweaked for balance of street and track, offering great traction on all situation with balance that can be dialed by the driver at a touch of gas or brake. Ride height has been set based on recommended real life setup with slightly lower front.

The BMW 1M was tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP and Silverstone International. When tested at Tsukuba, it managed easy 1:06s on comfort soft, and a best of 1:05s :D

ENJOY :cheers:

I find that driving replicas is one of the best experience in GT6, I've spent more than 25000km already, tuning, testing and cruising, as well as racing them online.

I like virtually everything about the game, I don't find anything irritating or bad.👍

I'm also looking forward to the course maker, though the game has enough tracks in it already so I'm not really that worried about when we'll get it.

I'm a member of a photographic society which conducts competitions between members each month. Since starting to play GT6, my photo submissions have been almost exclusively using a camera made by "Polyphony Digital Inc.", model known as "Gran Turismo 6" (according to the EXIF data).

As the club approaches the end of the competition year, with only one more round to go, I'm leading my class aggregate point score - YAY!

I recommend my new choice of camera to everyone on this forum, since it's working for me. :D

The custom wing function added in 1.06 works well and has potential. In a way, it's similar to the Auto-Sculpt function in Need For Speed games. I'd like to see where it leads to, adjustable tyre width and possibly body kit scaling?

The custom wing function added in 1.06 works well and has potential. In a way, it's similar to the Auto-Sculpt function in Need For Speed games. I'd like to see where it leads to, adjustable tyre width and possibly body kit scaling?
Adjustable tire width would be interesting, i would imagine you could experiment and see what width of tire would give you the best handling, the most grip, or the least grip if that's what you prefer.

I truely love the fact that in photomode when you change the settings, it never changes back to how it used to be. It basically remains the same after changing to this and that to your liking. :D

Also, when making a room online and setting it to "free run" only, or joining someone elses room, your never worried about racing. Instead, you just relax and cruise with others as well your friends. I thank PD sooo much for this after the update, I love playing the game again. :)

I'm so happy about this, I'm actually starting to consider getting GT7 after this, and hope it remains excatly like this. :D

Went online once on GT5, raced my brother in law, never been online since, love the sound of online free run, will give it a go : )

Went online once on GT5, raced my brother in law, never been online since, love the sound of online free run, will give it a go : )
Online free runs are often just carnage with guys running backwards, all kinds of high powered cars that are way beyond the skill level of the drivers and high pitched little boy voices uttering curse after curse. Good luck:cheers:.

Back