The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 379 comments
Like racing rooms, just set the the tyre restriction to sport hards, restrict all assists and you should have a good lobby with good cruisers for the most part. That being said, nothing good can come out from a TGTT Free Run lobby, avoid them at all costs.

Online free runs are often just carnage with guys running backwards, all kinds of high powered cars that are way beyond the skill level of the drivers and high pitched little boy voices uttering curse after curse. Good luck:cheers:.

It depends on what kind of lobby you join. The "do whatever you want" lobbies can be anything, but the trackday lobbies are usually pretty good.

Like racing rooms, just set the the tyre restriction to sport hards, restrict all assists and you should have a good lobby with good cruisers for the most part. That being said, nothing good can come out from a TGTT Free Run lobby, avoid them at all costs.
Not hard to avoid a TGTT lobby in GT6:lol:

Online free runs are often just carnage with guys running backwards, all kinds of high powered cars that are way beyond the skill level of the drivers and high pitched little boy voices uttering curse after curse. Good luck:cheers:.

Unfortunately, mostly true at least in my experience. There have been some decent free run rooms though. I'll admit I haven't really looked into online so far in this version (time, previous experiences) but I wonder if the new host features can mitigate some of the issues that in the past seemed to cause me problems. I guess I'll have to venture out sometime soon to see what's what.

Didn't really know where else to put this so I'll post this here.

I just bought the GT350, and it's wonderful. Did some laps around Tokyo 246, comfort medium tires, no abs, and I used my shifter rather than the paddles and it was great. Loved that car in GT4 (which is now the "r") and I love it even more now.

Oh dear, that sounds un fun lol however with the right group of people it must be good..

Didn't really know where else to put this so I'll post this here.

I just bought the GT350, and it's wonderful. Did some laps around Tokyo 246, comfort medium tires, no abs, and I used my shifter rather than the paddles and it was great. Loved that car in GT4 (which is now the "r") and I love it even more now.

I have it in the garage and hardly used it, will go for a spin I think . I'm a bit of a collector lol, if I won the lottery I would need a huuuge garage !!!

One thing I miss is the official books of the game they used to do, I got the official guide to GT 3 and 4 I know its a bit old school but I used to love flicking through those books, was really disappointed that they stopped it with GT5 :(
They would cover all the cars in the game, the tracks showing the apexes, tuning etc in fact the tuning guide in the GT3 official guide is excellent, still use it, gives you a problem and solution table for tuning and handling, great stuff.

Wish they had qualifying in the single player....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yee-Haw!

eiger-nordwand-k-trail_7-jpg.140398

Well, since I'm still playing GT6 there must be something that keeps me glued to the game. For starters, I like the atmosphere of the menus, they remind me of GT4, the first GT game I really played my heart out on. A gander through the music library reveals songs used with the menus from nearly all the GT games, however there are a select few from GT4 that GT6 seems to play a bit more than others throughout parts of the game. It brings back good memories.
Second, the physics, I like them better than GT5, although the tuning is getting a bit old due to how unrealistic it is (ride height glitch, camber theory etc.).
Third, GT6, imo, has the best reward tier of any GT game. The game gives you just enough credits to keep you buying cars, but not enough to where it feels like you've completed the game after three hours of playing. It keeps things interesting. It forces you to buy a new car and actually use it a few times to win some credits back. Only the ultra-expensive cars require some grinding, but most of those cars don't trip my trigger, so I can honestly say I've done almost no grinding in GT6!!! The first GT game I've ever played where I can say that. Also, I feel the credits per minute of racing for any particular career event or race are very well balanced.

For me, is the sensation of driving, just driving :) then making replicas and tuning cars. I love fine tuning suspension and LSD, almost like a chore :lol: so many cars to build, ideas everywhere, and not enough driving time. Sometimes I forgot to stop driving, spending hundreds of miles on one car ( replica/tune ) :lol:

Spent 50+km on Spirra - a jiffy tune :lol:, then 100+km on Alfa Romeo 1600 GTA replica, the FEED RX7 - 500+km for both version .. I got over 5000km on Tsukuba alone :eek:

The music in GT is great, I like the cool jazz sound anyway and it gives the game a certain class. I have taken well over 500 photo's, just love photo mode and what I like doing is putting the slideshow on and just sitting with a cup of coffee and watching, its like looking through your favourite car book, great stuff, that's one of the things that sets GT apart from other games for me, so many different ways you can enjoy the game. There are specific points on tracks where you catch great lighting, a place I think is particularly good is Côte d'Azur just before the tunnel, great three quarter view with great reflections. Playing around with the weather and time on those tracks that have it produce some striking lighting conditions.

Last edited:
VBR
Last night I finally got why they added accurate stars. I was driving my KTM X-Bow Street on The Ring 24 Hour at 23:50 with a clear sky, & it was a breath taking experience. The sheer feeling of movement I experienced when steering & turning was incredible. I started to feel that half the track was missing before.

Everyone needs to take a Free Run with cockpit view & all HUD off in the X-Bow at 23:50 On The Ring 24 Hour to experience this first hand!

Done some Free Running the other night, KTM on The Ring 24 Hour @ 23:50 hours. This time I was driving with the headlights on low beam, it was bundles of epic fun with smiles from ear to ear like this; :D!

I bought it today played 6 hrs now. I´m very surprised and excited from GT6. I did not expect anything from GT6 and until now I´ve had a lot of fun with the game. It feels way better than GT5. It has a way more "completed" feeling. GT5 felt half done. GT6 feels 100% done. I´m talking about menus and setup and options...

And especially, after playing EA games for 4 months now, you can really feel the difference if some publisher only want to make money (EA) or put his soul into a game (PD).

I bought an PS4 and Fifa 14. What a mess this game is! The servers did not work properly for more then 4 months now. The whole game is contructed to pay money to EA. This whole gold pack crap... The game is such an crap. Everything is scripted, the game decides who will win the match (momentum) and it is really a worse game.

Then I have Battlefield 4. I love DICE but they made a big mistake with EA. BF4 is now playable since 1 week. After 4 months of a alpha and then a beta phase, the game is playable...

So maybe somebody understand me, how great it feels to play a non EA game :)

GT6 feels like the older GT games. The missions, the license tests and so on. I missed that. I loved that fuel saving mission with the GT-R on the Nordschleife. Was really exciting. Lets see what this game will bring when I spent more time on it.

Ah and something else, the standard cars look very good now!

Last edited:
I really like not having to worry about wasting nice-looking paint chips anymore, and I do love a lot of the new cars. For some reason I didn't think they added as many cars as they actually did before I bought it (though I wasn't really following GT6 much so that may be why) so browsing the Lamborghini dealership and seeing a premium Diablo (I'd still prefer a regular one with closed headlights but hey) was a pleasant surprise.
Also I'm really glad they didn't update the model for that one Suzuki Alto thing. I honestly hope it stays in GT forever without the model being updated. I want it in all its PS2-era glory right in the middle of the GT7 box art.

So after a while I guess I got a little bored of GT6. So I tried to tackle Need for Speed Shift again. God, is that game awful! All the sliding around's a freakin' chore, you have no way of knowing if the car has downforce or is just gonna understeer and slide into the wall, so you have to brake early and lose seconds of a lap time since you can't trust the car. The only thing I like about that game is that the AE86 has a modeled interior...and it's not even correctly modeled lol.

So eventually I've had enough to the point when frustration turned into blind anger, and popped GT6 back in. Sure NFS Shift is a bit old, but holy cow it made me realize GT6 is just so much more! And none of that stupid speed blur to confuse you more. I don't think I had much fun in NFS, I just wanted to win so I can beat this game and move so I never have to play it again. In GT6, I was smiling even when I screwed up! It was pretty nice to hear some engine variation too instead of the dull repetitive V8-ish noise in NFS :P

I cannot stress this enough, people. GT6 is an awesome game, and an awesome simulator. Sure it's got it's flaws, but it still captures the spirit of GT, something 5 left out to me :)

So after a while I guess I got a little bored of GT6. So I tried to tackle Need for Speed Shift again. God, is that game awful! All the sliding around's a freakin' chore, you have no way of knowing if the car has downforce or is just gonna understeer and slide into the wall, so you have to brake early and lose seconds of a lap time since you can't trust the car. The only thing I like about that game is that the AE86 has a modeled interior...and it's not even correctly modeled lol.

So eventually I've had enough to the point when frustration turned into blind anger, and popped GT6 back in. Sure NFS Shift is a bit old, but holy cow it made me realize GT6 is just so much more! And none of that stupid speed blur to confuse you more. I don't think I had much fun in NFS, I just wanted to win so I can beat this game and move so I never have to play it again. In GT6, I was smiling even when I screwed up! It was pretty nice to hear some engine variation too instead of the dull repetitive V8-ish noise in NFS :P

I cannot stress this enough, people. GT6 is an awesome game, and an awesome simulator. Sure it's got it's flaws, but it still captures the spirit of GT, something 5 left out to me :)
Comparing NFS with GT is like comparing Rosie O'Donnell to Kate Upton. Sure they are both women...but that's where the comparison ends.

Hotlapping the Nordschleife in the KTM X-Bow. Fully stock, cockpit view, HUD off, CS or SH Tires, all aids off especially that silly ABS nanny. Fun guaranteed!

Watching the shock towers bounce, enjoying the quick rotation, a bit of nasty weather and time change with that beautiful sunset - this is why GT6 is still my escape.

I am mostly happy with GT6!
It refined many aspects of GT5 that needed work. and removed useful and interesting features such as the Speed Test, while adding very little to the series.
And it will be even better when the features that we're all looking forward to arrive! Why is Zahara de la Sierra STILL not in the game? Why was it even advertised? Is there never going to be a track editor!? You're killing me GT, BBcode can barely hide my vexation!

Back