The GT7 "non-wish" list

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 260 comments
I remember there are some cars in GT Sport that don't even have modeled interiors to begin with, such as the following:

• Aston Martin DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo
  • BMW Vision Gran Turismo
  • Infiniti Concept Vision Gran Turismo
  • IsoRivolta Zagato Vision Gran Turismo
  • Lexus LF-LC GT Vision Gran Turismo
  • Mercedes Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo
  • Mercedes Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo LH Edition
  • Mercedes Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
  • Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo
  • Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV Evolution Vision Gran Turismo
  • Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo
  • Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo (Gr. 3)
  • Subaru VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo
  • Toyota S-FR Racing Concept '16
  • Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo
I really hope that in GT7, they implement proper and appropriate interiors for these cars, because well, they still haven't, even since GT Sport's lifetime where the game has been receiving updates and nothing has changed them.
They don't have interiors in real life, some of those cars were in GT6 and din't have interiors then either.

I'd have liked them to have had made up interiors for people ot use as an option. Maybe a standard Vision GT interior for the VGT cars that didn't have interiors designed by the manufacturers.

The Hong Kong track cannot come back because the layout doesn't exist anymore.
You're thinking of Seattle. The Hong Kong track layout still exists, sadly.
hongkongtrack.png

Things I don't want in Gran Turismo 7.

1: I would like it if there were no more Vision GTs (Except some like Daihatsu Copen RJ VGT, Porsche and Lamborghini Vision GT because I like them a lot.)

2: The ability to play the title in its entirety and only save online.

3: The exaggerated prices of some cars and the difficulty of having to grind to reach absurd sums like 20 million while always grinding on the same race to win 330k (If you drive clean) at a time.

4: Avoid adding cars that I find stupid and useless such as the Dodge Neon, Pontiac Sunfire, Ford KA, Red Bull X20XX and Junior and other Volkswagen WWII transportation.

5: The addition of real tracks only and exclusively, I am one of the few who easily get tired of always running in the circuits, more classic original tracks and street circuits such as Hong Kong, Tokyo 246 Akasaka should be added.

6: Avoid eliminating the rally mode but rather give it more weight with many more tracks and real cars such as Group A from the late 90s and early 2000s.

7: The Endurance races lasting more than an hour, because frankly it is very boring to drive for hours and hours on the same track (especially in summer when it's hot) against computer-controlled opponents.

8: Avoid inserting new races in the events already present every month, it is really boring to do other races to receive only credits (Few).

9: Avoid inserting events with many similar races, because it would only make them more boring and repetitive.

10: The removal of classic or special cars from group X to be included in their respective class.

11: The SVG limit of only 15kb, I think it is too little, they should enlarge the limit to 1mb. Because it really bothers me to divide my sticker into 15,000 parts to create one thing.

12: The Nascar. Forgive me but personally I consider it one of the most boring motorsports ever.

13: Avoid a soundtrack that has Rap-Hip Hop music like in Gran Turismo 4, cause it's a genre of music I hate.

14: Avoid inserting special guests who in the end end up being all unpleasant and that I do not consider masters of Gran Turismo.

3: The exaggerated prices of some cars and the difficulty of having to grind to reach absurd sums like 20 million while always grinding on the same race to win 330k (If you drive clean) at a time.

The car price is less of a problem than the game's economy system. It can be repaired by probably not-forced late addition event system, or the old GT feature of selling prize cars.

4: Avoid adding cars that I find stupid and useless such as the Dodge Neon, Pontiac Sunfire, Ford KA, Red Bull X20XX and Junior and other Volkswagen WWII transportation.

GT is a car nut game, a playable car encyclopedia. This isn't an arcade racer that only includes the latest and greatest supercars. That's why there's cars from every decade and type in the game. He put in that elaborate intro showcasing the production and history of the automobile as well as included all of those historical cards in that one section. It's something that makes GT different; being able to drive slow everyday production cars. It's about the beauty of the automobile. So it's only obvious that they'll include cars from all walks of life, and ALL types of Motorsport

It’s rather selfish to tell someone “I don’t like X car, therefore it should be removed. The fans of it be damned.” Every car is someone’s favourite car, from everyday cars, sports cars, supercars, race cars, rally cars, SUV's, trucks, as well as the weird and wacky ones, so who are you to tell them they shouldn’t be allowed to drive it?

7: The Endurance races lasting more than an hour, because frankly it is very boring to drive for hours and hours on the same track (especially in summer when it's hot) against computer-controlled opponents.

It's AI problem and AI problem doesn't only affect Endurance races. Besides there were this in GT5.

12: The Nascar. Forgive me but personally I consider it one of the most boring motorsports ever.

And the fact is you aren't the sole Gran Turismo player.

Things I don't want in Gran Turismo 7.
I loved reading this post.
It did exactly what the part I've quoted said it was going to do. No wasted effort trying to explain why anybody should agree. Just, here's what I don't want, either read it or don't.

I want a soundtrack that is entirely Coldplay, Imagine Dragons and Take That to annoy everybody who has ever lived in history.

The question of questions is ... why answer the list of things I personally don't want in Gran Turismo 7?

I’m now praying for GT7 to have a soundtrack full of rap to make people like you angry

Ps: I don't get mad if GT7 will be with Rap, Hip-Hop music so pray as long as you want, I can always turn them off and use the headphones with the phone to listen other music. :P

Ps: I don't get mad if GT7 will be with Rap, Hip-Hop music so pray as long as you want, I can always turn them off and use the headphones with the phone to listen other music. :P
You'd probably be able to set your own choice of tracks as background music anyway. I used my own choices in GT5, had music turned off in GT6 and haven't played GT Sport.

If any more tracks return, I don't want the old Chamonix to come back. I don't really like the new one either, so maybe a new layout with the best of both layouts would be good?

I didn't like Toscana either. I usually forget about it since it is possibly the least memorable track in the game.
Let me demonstrate the change in more detail:
View attachment 955655
If the layout was to return, it would still be easy to get around it. It's not as if the entire course has been nullified.

No but this is the non-wishlist thread, he's free to post what he doesn't want in the game, same as everyone else.
Until what's posted here is realized where a feature other people like (especially yours) that they don't like got removed. Even with this being free not all suggestions because some are oppressive and detrimental to others.

I mean for that one, if he dislikes NASCAR then just ignore it in the game, more choices are better.

Last edited:
I mean for that one, if he dislikes NASCAR then just ignore it in the game, more choices are better.

The problem is, I can't ignore the fact that there is a certain discipline in the main career mode. I love completing videogames and when I find something that bores me or I don't like I say it without problems.

Since you talked about being oppressive ... so explain to me what is the point of eliminating the rally mode in Gran Turismo, just because it is not well done does not mean that it cannot be improved. (While honestly the way it was portrayed in Gran Turismo 2 & 4 was fine by me, it was fun and fast with a lot of good track variety).

I end up saying that it was clear that everyone has their own way of thinking about what should be removed in a subjective and personal way. It's we can't all get along with everything.

Bonus: It is true in Gran Turismo 5 you could after an update pause the endurance and then resume it later, but honestly always 24 hours you have to do at the end, and I don't think I enjoy resuming a race, it would have been better to insert as in Gran Turismo 4 a possibility through the race monitor to speed up the race through the use of the B-Spec. Maybe most people like to run for hours against the AI but personally I don't because I don't enjoy it.

Last edited:
Until what's posted here is realized where a feature other people like (especially yours) that they don't like got removed. Even with this being free not all suggestions because some are oppressive and detrimental to others.

PD are hardly going to listen to any single person in this or any other topic here. Maybe lighten up a little, let people say what they don't want in the game just as you can. Everyone has their ideal game, it's hardly exclusive to this thread that people share those ideals. If his ideal game doesn't see PD spend time on NASCAR then so be it.

My ideal GT game wouldn't have some stuff people here love. So what. It's my ideal, you share yours.

To be honest. If that would mean more content for asphalt racing i would get rid off Rally in GT7. But I do understand that some people love it.

The problem is, I can't ignore the fact that there is a certain discipline in the main career mode. I love completing videogames and when I find something that bores me or I don't like I say it without problems.

Since you talked about being oppressive ... so explain to me what is the point of eliminating the rally mode in Gran Turismo, just because it is not well done does not mean that it cannot be improved. (While honestly the way it was portrayed in Gran Turismo 2 & 4 was fine by me, it was fun and fast with a lot of good track variety).

I end up saying that it was clear that everyone has their own way of thinking about what should be removed in a subjective and personal way. It's we can't all get along with everything.

Bonus: It is true in Gran Turismo 5 you could after an update pause the endurance and then resume it later, but honestly always 24 hours you have to do at the end, and I don't think I enjoy resuming a race, it would have been better to insert as in Gran Turismo 4 a possibility through the race monitor to speed up the race through the use of the B-Spec. Maybe most people like to run for hours against the AI but personally I don't because I don't enjoy it.
The one that I refer being oppressive was (it's quoted) the remove NASCAR part. You can say something bores you like NASCAR, but what you can't is forcing that to be removed just for your own satisfaction, fans be damned. You may be bored with NASCAR, but there are other players that will enjoy NASCAR, and there are a bunch of other players that play GT, if NASCAR is removed you may enjoy it, but not those other players. And by that more choices is better, just include it in the game because there are players that enjoy it; if someone doesn't enjoy just ignore it (or for completionist, B-Spec so you don't have to directly do it, while use your time for other activities, GT5's mistake is separating them).

And I was suggesting the update pause for those that wants to play the endurance by themselves. Doesn't mean you can't implement GT4's B-Spec speed up. Obviously both should be included (because the mistake GT5 has is separating A-Spec and B-Spec), A-Spec with suspend race and B-Spec with speed-up for each race. Either features won't take up slots for each other, so implement both.

To be honest. If that would mean more content for asphalt racing i would get rid off Rally in GT7. But I do understand that some people love it.
Note that I also dislike the rally's interpretation in GT currently because it's not a true rally. GT has shown a grasp on true rally on GT5's GT Rally, and I wish that'd come true for regular rallying. I wonder what'd you mean for more asphalt racing, because the cars and tracks are there, the one thing's left is immersion and I don't think it won't take spaces for others.

Remove FF cars from Gr4, which are both crap to drive and also overpowered with BOP set to ON and no tire wear. Noobs love them, as they can pass people on straights...
This.
Unless they fix the otherworldly understeer of FF cars (not only Gr.4's but all FF cars in the game are ultra understeery) it's better to remove them

I quite liked the Hong Kong track to be honest!

In my honest opinion, I would like to see the Hong Kong, New York and Seoul Central circuits remastered into modern graphics and the modern timeline.

Hong Kong for me was like... I used to go there a lot during my childhood, and only very recently, towards the end of last year, where I had so much fun there. New York, on the other hand, cause it's my hometown and my city. Also makes for good racing around Times Square.

I would like it if there were no more Vision GTs

Except... ...because I like them a lot.

This ain't how it works, chief. They're either included, or they're not.

Also your list out of all the lists here is the only one that is so user specific. Every other list here focuses on major features, classes, issues, etc.

You're nitpicking what you like and don't like in the features category. Simply don't play, view, or listen to them. That's the beauty in having so much choice, you can simply choose to ignore them.

No need to ruin the game for everyone else.

This ain't how it works, chief. They're either included, or they're not.

Also your list out of all the lists here is the only one that is so user specific.

You're nitpicking what you like and don't like in the features category. Simply don't play, view, or listen to them. That's the beauty in having so much choice, you can simply choose to ignore them.

No need to ruin the game for everyone else.

It doesn't seem to me that PDi will read this Thread and more specifically mine. But the list is called "Non-Wish" and the post indicates precisely to write which are the features that you personally do not want to have within Gran Turismo 7.

I wrote to love those Vision GTs because I like them and then because they don't seem to break with the style of the game because for example the Daihatsu RJ Copen Vision GT I consider it as an RM of the first two Gran Turismo for style and driveability and it doesn't go to break the game with "hacked car" style performance with 2700hp and Space Aerodynamics. Let's be honest you don't know how many times when I run online in public rooms I happened to find the usual bored dudes using the SRT Tomahawk Vision GT ruining everyone's experience. And the excuse of placing restrictions is practically useless, there is always someone who manages to cheat the system. Enter the power limit at 700 hp? People will use the weakened F1 cars anyway. Do you also enter the weight limit? NO ONE will ever enter your room online. Why not insert a section where you can enter the cars that CANNOT participate in the room?

My list is more specific because there are a lot of things I don't like, and others are hard to ignore from my point of view. Speaking "No need to ruin the game for everyone else." playing the series from the first Gran Turismo (including Beta) there are people like me who want to continue racing on the original classic circuits of the series, they want to have the rally in the simplistic way and who don't really care about Sport mode. The Gran Turismo community is not just about racing on real circuits, E-Sport in my opinion. And if I don't like a type of Motosport, I write it quietly as long as I limit myself to my personal vision. Then if they enter the things I don't like, patience ... in the end I will have to complete certain events as well ... and if there will be music songs that I don't like I will simply mute the music.

Last edited:
Indeed, some people are taking this rather seriously and personally. It's a thread for people to share what they don't want in the game, no need to attack people because they want to remove something you like, PD aren't listening to one person on this board.

It doesn't seem to me that PDi will read this Thread and more specifically mine.

Indeed, some people are taking this rather seriously and personally. It's a thread for people to share what they don't want in the game, no need to attack people because they want to remove something you like, PD aren't listening to one person on this board.

There is no personal offence taken when someone points out flawed logic in a given list. That is a really weak argument to resort to whenever someone points out said flaws. No one is attacking anyone.

You cannot have certain Vision GTs in a game and claim to want to remove the entire concept of Vision GT. You cannot possibly expect to exclude most manufacturers from a collaborative effort.

You cannot reduce endurance races to 1 hour because you simply don't feel like doing them. Endurance races are called endurance races for a reason. A one hour endurance proves diddly squat.

I can keep going with this and pick apart most points in that original post.

Also, in regards to whether or not PD does listen, let me point you to one of many examples in which they do.

The Miata-only color thread from GT6. This thread exposed a glitch in which you could paint a Miata a certain primary and secondary paint chip and you would get a separation of body to bumper paints. Or you could get certain stripes and designs. This was, in essence, our first livery editor.

We would experiment with different primary and secondary paint chips and show off our finds. I personally found a colorshift effect, when we didn't have color shift paints in GT6, using a Nissan 240SX.

A few days later, that glitch was removed in a subsequent update. It was very specific, and no one else online reported it, so GTP was their source.

What about the modding threads and options we came up with until PD banned them and GTP had to shut down those threads for violation of the ToS.

Negatives aside, what about all the new features they've included in GT7 that we've clearly expressed in several wish threads pre-dating GTS? The return of the used car dealership, GT Auto, the GT city scape, tournaments, etc.?

Sure, PD doesn't listen/read most threads because let's face it, they've heard it all. GTP is an echo chamber for the myriads of shot-down ideas they themselves have probably come up with. However to suggest that making reckless points in a wish list is okay because "PD don't listen" is really selfish and near sighted.

Furthermore, to then try and twist the criticism of your fellow users as some form of attack just shows how shallow you can be. Try to understand where criticms come from instead of resorting to pointing fingers and excusing yourself.

No one is taking this seriously, it's a game at the end of the day.

Last edited:
You cannot have certain Vision GTs in a game and claim to want to remove the entire concept of Vision GT. You cannot possibly expect to exclude most manufacturers from a collaborative effort.

You cannot reduce endurance races to 1 hour because you simply don't feel like doing them. Endurance races are called endurance races for a reason. A one hour endurance proves diddly squat.

I can keep going with this and pick apart most points in that original post.
These are good points but don't change the fact that @Overload_35 posted their own, presumably honest, "non-wish list".

Incidentally, I've liked and probably also "liked" seeing both posting styles discussing the matter.

Edit:
No one is taking this seriously, it's a game at the end of the day.
These folks are.

Back