The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

In regards to the livery editor: How about templates? This is expanding upon @darth_tails 's idea for keeping the original livery; shapes, decals and all. That's so you can change the colors of that livery and maybe add some extra stuff to it. I would expand this to being able to modify another livery, but not being able to share it if you do that. That would not be true for player-made templates, as you took them, changed the colors on it, added your own decals and extra touches to it and made it your own: You'd be allowed to share those liveries.

Also, say you're a member of a professional racing team that competes in multiple eSports races each month, and they want you to use the same livery across some 10-20 cars across the season. You should be allowed to take the livery on your NSX Type R, and copy and paste it onto your race-modified Mk4 Supra.

In regards to racing leagues with races organized over the internet: Why not let us create our own leagues, complete with organized races, championships, and even custom (that is, non-default) graphics?

In regards to DLC: Motorcycles, purely as an homage to Tourist Trophy (which I never played).

I wish PD adds new camera angles like these, both ingame and replay

maxresdefault.jpg

EKEq7_cX0AMiLgZ

EKEq627WsAAPzi2

I've given up on the realistic damage model. GT is a big advertising machine. Kaz isn't in the business to replicate major accidents.

With that being said. I just want more realism. This is where raceroom has really nailed it imo. For example, the clunkiness and shutter you get from a sequential gearbox.

The almost accordion effect you get from such a transmission is spot on in that game. If I remember correctly there's even a slider in the settings to adjust the amount of this you get.

The engine inertia of cars with high horsepower in GT is still terrible. And some cars act like the flywheel weighs 2 tons. For example you can do a burnout to 6th gear, let off the throttle and the car will sit there and continue to spin its tires for several seconds. This has been an issue since GT1 and it's honestly pathetic. This is something I would mess with alot in GT5 garage editor and it would really make a difference if you did some adjustments.

^

The smoothness is a big deal.. not in terms of playability some may say, but for aesthetics and the feel good factor, it's important to me at least.

You talk about the sounds, like the gearbox for example being so smooth, and synthetic like. I also notice it from some of the visuals.. you'll oversteer into a corner and have to violently countersteer, but your driver turns the wheel so slowly like he's going round a roundabout at 30... There's no urgency.

GT feels so elegent in presentation, be it through the menus, the music etc.. and it is beautiful, but I feel like this elegence is wrongly transferred into the driving style with it being so buttery smooth and tame. In reality though, racing is gritty, it's stressful, it's dirty, it's.. smelly!

GT feels like it's trying to be.. 'perfect' when racing, but racing isn't that.

Other examples are cars not reacting to bumps in the road, g forces not being applied to the player visually in the form of camera movements... The cockpit feels so much like a 2D overlay sometimes as it's so static, wheras other games like PC2, and ACC for example make you actually feel like you're inside a moving vehicle.

I do love the series but it could do with some refreshing updates.

I have a horrible feeling that GT7 will be so similar to GTS in terms of driving! They seem to be adding in all previous features like GT AUTO etc.. which is very cool, and adds to the feeling of owning and caring for a car which I love, but nostalgia alone won't do it for me. I want improvements to the engine first and foremost.

Last edited:
I want to K-swap my Civic EG and stick a sequential box in there...

On harder difficulties, if damage is implemented, I'd like a penalty if you damage your car. This could be present in gt auto. At the end of races you're required to fix any repairs.

This would persuade people to drive more cleanly.

I have a feeling this stuff was present in previous GTs, it's been so long since I played them.

Last edited:
On harder difficulties, if damage is implemented, I'd like a penalty if you damage your car. This could be present in gt auto. At the end of races you're required to fix any repairs.

This would persuade people to drive more cleanly.
Dirt Rally 2 has this but it's possible to lose money if the damage bill outweighs your winnings. I had this problem and I eventually left the game as a result. I simply couldn't go fast enough and wrecked the car too often in my attempts to win.

In Game :
- more realistic visual and mechanical damages (some car parts explosions)
- tire punctures and explosions
- debris on the track
- a better AI which can adapt its Speed and trajectories depending on obstacles instead of behaving like trains on rails.
- time lapse and weather evolution is an absolute necessity
- customisable AI level scales :
One for difficulty : from fairplay to agressive
One for level : from beginner to top pro

Home section :
- a true personal showroom with at least 6 and 7 cars
- a personal workshop attached to the personal showroom for the favorite racecars
- a test track attached to the garage
- the possibility to visit 3D a friend's showroom or workshop,
- test friends' cars on their personal track (and why not record hot laps)
- a direct link to GT AUTO and parts' dealers from the workshop

Livery editor :
- same as GT Sport
- a text decal editor with font options to ease creation of a personal and group racing teams
- possibility to apply special colors on decals
- choose a texture for a group of decals, from standard gloss to deep tinted carbon

Personal evolution in GT7 :
- a crossed experience between driving School, career and Sport mode
- online career levels' final races versus other players as a bonus race (with extra bonuses depending on the ending position)
- an evolution of the home section depending on the career mode progress from a single hot hatch in a dusty parking lot, to the most refined showroom with the rarest and most expensive cars in the

A GT7 smartphone app developed by Polyphony Digital
- for the in Game news by PD
- for in Game stats
- to record personal racing results in career finals and Sport mode
- to notify shared contents from friends and players you'd follow

..... Now I noticed something was missing in GT Sport, and many would still be in gt7

Last edited:
I would love to see the racing modification option at the tuning shop be the way we get GT4 & GT3 cars instead of having a ton of fantasy-tuned cars in those levels; tie in the level a car can go to its PP rating and it's gravy

The ability to turn certain N rated cars to certain Gr. classes would be awesome.. for example I couldn't turn a Civic into a Gr.2/1 car, but modifying it to meet Gr.4/3 standards would be possible.

I could turn a Lambo into a more high end Gr.2/1

I'd also like to straight up buy pre-made Gr. cars though.

The ability to turn certain N rated cars to certain Gr. classes would be awesome.. for example I couldn't turn a Civic into a Gr.2/1 car, but modifying it to meet Gr.4/3 standards would be possible.

Yeah ! I really love that idea to be able to turn the Lamborghini Veneno into a LeMans Hypercar in the Gr1 for instance, or to turn a useless VGT in GT Sport such as the very good Fittipaldi EF7 into a Gr3 racer

Racing Modifications in PS1 GTs (GT5 also have it but only for 17 cars):

Also for Racing Modifications in the past, the parts and performances (car's current hp) fitted into the car is unchanged, but it obviously would give the car another boost it already has (applying Racing Modification to a 320 hp Supra would give it a boost but it still has 320 hp, applying it to an 600 hp Supra would give it a boost but it still has 600 hp).

Oh, don't get me wrong - premade cars are fine, but what if instead of X road cars, Y fantasy race cars and Z actual cars, you got more of X and Z by ditching Y

Oh, don't get me wrong - premade cars are fine, but what if instead of X road cars, Y fantasy race cars and Z actual cars, you got more of X and Z by ditching Y

'Y' should definitely be last on the list of importance. I do like some of the fantasy vision cars however.

I hope they give an option to activate tire wear, fuel consuption and damage in all the offline events and not only in endurance races

Most definitely! I'm sick of races feeling like a Sunday stroll or a 'track day'! I want pressure and consequences If I race bad. Those who want less of a challenge can by all means turn these factors off. Catering to and including more hardcore players will only increase sales since casual gamers can still have their options.

I'd also add aero damage, suspension damage, and brakes to that list!

'Y' should definitely be last on the list of importance. I do like some of the fantasy vision cars however.

The VGTs are fine but I would want less of them in the actual classes and them being properly sorted for campaign play; I am not interested in lining up the almost 3000-HP Tomahawk against the HPEVs lol

Most definitely! I'm sick of races feeling like a Sunday stroll or a 'track day'! I want pressure and consequences If I race bad. Those who want less of a challenge can by all means turn these factors off. Catering to and including more hardcore players will only increase sales since casual gamers can still have their options.

I'd also add aero damage, suspension damage, and brakes to that list!
Exactly
Oh and would be nice if the damage and tire wear was carried on even after leaving the race so you have to repair the cars and buy new tires with your own credits. In this manner it would be much more statisfying advancing throught the game

Last edited:
53046f14d194d992cb0046b50e7f6900.jpg

I hope we can get the GT4 "Track Meet" back in the game. I'd love to be able to just drive around with other cars on the track without having to worry about position or race length. Just have some casual driving/tuning while having some other cars to race with too would be super comfy.

53046f14d194d992cb0046b50e7f6900.jpg

I hope we can get the GT4 "Track Meet" back in the game. I'd love to be able to just drive around with other cars on the track without having to worry about position or race length. Just have some casual driving/tuning while having some other cars to race with too would be super comfy.
GT7's version currently.
gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-37.jpg

Practice and Track Meet are easy to add. Family Cup was also a great function. Loved those options in GT4. I'd be on the Nordschliefe in an NA MX-5, a Ginetta G4, Ford GT and a few other cars would drive around. Would make driving around the Tourist Trophy Circuit, that much more immersive.

Oh! I had some more things I'd want:

1. More interesting ranked races that aren't part of a championship, whether this is in the form of Daily Races or its successor. I feel like the current daily races in GT Sport are semi-randomly generated by an AI, while the FIAGTC races seem more interesting. Even if the races stay weekly in GT7, I hope they use more interesting rulesets, like a Gr.1 race that limits you to the Group C cars. Just look at the next stage for the Nations Cup - an N800 race at SSRX, and a race that only permits you to either the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport or the Corvette Gr.4. I think that's real interesting. I'm just a bit tired of all the races where tons of eligible cars get unused, which is partially why I like the Manufacturers Series, as there seems to be more diversity in the cars that I see in those races.

2. However, if I were to enter a championship, I want the exp/mileage points/credits payout to be at a higher level, rather than being dependent on the type of cars being driven.

3. And speaking of championships, I wanna see more championships (and Sport Mode Time Trials) in general, even if they don't end up having real-world prizes at stake. Or at least a potential way to create a championship via a lobby, much like how in Pokemon, they allowed you to create your own friendly competitions, at least in Gen VII.

4. Also regarding time trials: I want there to be something to be gained, rather than just personal pride for your rank. Maybe a credit payout depending on your rank when the event ends. Honestly, the same could apply to championships, too, so you don't have to be the absolute best to at least get something.

5. Allowing Gr.1 to be part of the Manufacturers Series, even if it means swapping out some automakers. I have faith that between Le Mans Prototypes (including LMP2, WSC, and LMP900), VGTs, Group C cars, and Daytona Prototypes, there could be tons of more automakers within Gr.1, and some automakers could even have multiple Gr.1 options, much like how some already do for Gr.3. We could even see Gr.B be added, given the unusual omission of some actual Group B cars in GTS, like those from Renault and Peugeot. As far as Gr.1 goes, we could see cars for Aston Martin, Alfa Romeo, BMW, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Honda, Lotus, MG, and likely others. Even TVR could be in Gr.1 with the Rebellion-partnered LMP they had. For Lamborghini, they could potentially have that upcoming VGT as a Gr.1 car, but they could also have the Group C Countach QVX, as an alternative option.

This is a perfect example of the types of cars I would love to see PD focus on. Spoiler alert... a lot of the cars that were in GT4... but never became "premium" cars in GT5/6 and were absent in GT Sport. While there are some " XYZ latest greatest hypercar" most are truly iconic cars and/or cars that have amazing stories behind them. I'd love to see them add the GT and LM to the existing McLaren F1 models. Then the other Le Mans GT1 era road cars (911 GT1 Straßenversion, Nissan R390, Toyota GT1, etc). That whole era was truly singular. Any of the Bond cars (DB5 especially) with all the gadgets represented. The Chaparrals, fan car especially. Etc etc.

IMO, a lot of the Pebble Beach cars have been "special" but TBH, not particularly desirable beyond a "look at this odd car" standpoint. Same with the SEMA cars. Vision GT has been a mixed bag as well since most are just future cars with infinite downforce and a zillion HP. More fun to look at than to drive.

Practice and Track Meet are easy to add. Family Cup was also a great function. Loved those options in GT4. I'd be on the Nordschliefe in an NA MX-5, a Ginetta G4, Ford GT and a few other cars would drive around. Would make driving around the Tourist Trophy Circuit, that much more immersive.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Having a genuine tourist layout of Nurburgring with traffic would be perfect for this.

This is a perfect example of the types of cars I would love to see PD focus on. Spoiler alert... a lot of the cars that were in GT4... but never became "premium" cars in GT5/6 and were absent in GT Sport. While there are some " XYZ latest greatest hypercar" most are truly iconic cars and/or cars that have amazing stories behind them. I'd love to see them add the GT and LM to the existing McLaren F1 models. Then the other Le Mans GT1 era road cars (911 GT1 Straßenversion, Nissan R390, Toyota GT1, etc). That whole era was truly singular. Any of the Bond cars (DB5 especially) with all the gadgets represented. The Chaparrals, fan car especially. Etc etc.

IMO, a lot of the Pebble Beach cars have been "special" but TBH, not particularly desirable beyond a "look at this odd car" standpoint. Same with the SEMA cars. Vision GT has been a mixed bag as well since most are just future cars with infinite downforce and a zillion HP. More fun to look at than to drive.

This thread isn't about car suggestions,it's about features

In Game :
- more realistic visual and mechanical damages (some car parts explosions)
- tire punctures and explosions
- debris on the track
- a better AI which can adapt its Speed and trajectories depending on obstacles instead of behaving like trains on rails.
- time lapse and weather evolution is an absolute necessity
- customisable AI level scales :
One for difficulty : from fairplay to agressive
One for level : from beginner to top pro

Home section :
- a true personal showroom with at least 6 and 7 cars
- a personal workshop attached to the personal showroom for the favorite racecars
- a test track attached to the garage
- the possibility to visit 3D a friend's showroom or workshop,
- test friends' cars on their personal track (and why not record hot laps)
- a direct link to GT AUTO and parts' dealers from the workshop

Livery editor :
- same as GT Sport
- a text decal editor with font options to ease creation of a personal and group racing teams
- possibility to apply special colors on decals
- choose a texture for a group of decals, from standard gloss to deep tinted carbon

Personal evolution in GT7 :
- a crossed experience between driving School, career and Sport mode
- online career levels' final races versus other players as a bonus race (with extra bonuses depending on the ending position)
- an evolution of the home section depending on the career mode progress from a single hot hatch in a dusty parking lot, to the most refined showroom with the rarest and most expensive cars in the

A GT7 smartphone app developed by Polyphony Digital
- for the in Game news by PD
- for in Game stats
- to record personal racing results in career finals and Sport mode
- to notify shared contents from friends and players you'd follow

..... Now I noticed something was missing in GT Sport, and many would still be in gt7

In addition of my previous post,

- I think of dirt projections on cars and the longer you race the more dirty the car ends up the race.

With the option to wash the car after the race or to keep it dirty.

- I wish also some realistic dents, paint swap and decals' deterioration in a choc between two cars or against walls and rails.

With the option to repair or to keep it still.

I wish the home section to look like a personal museum for my "heroic" cars, those I like most racing with and those that derserved to retire racing after a hard life dirty and dented.
And in that case I'd like my friends to be allowed and able to visit it 3D with a VR option.

Back