The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

Remember that hype on GT6, "record your daily commute, upload it, drive it", the one that ended up being the lame "Course Maker"?

Sounds hard, it's quite easy. Map GPS coordinates, load them, alter environment, give us templates for the road types, profit.

I'd rather have people share their fav. trips than their liveries. Cant license certain track? Let the crowd do it for you.

Last edited:
Its probably far too much effort, but it'd be neat to have historic playouts from some tracks or those that have gone altogether. Classic Hockenheim or Reims, Riverside or an original Spa even.

I wish for write ups of all tracks. PD I've backgrounds all all cars throughout the franchise. GT Sport gives us a short video how to take corners on different circuits. I think more info on tracks will be just as entertaining.

Many don't know how Mount Panorama came about. How about Catalunya, Dragon Trail, Trial Mountain, Autopolis?
Sure, the infinite only a Google search away in another tab, but should be added to track info.

Even showing the original configuration of a track in B&W photos, as it morphs into the tracks they are today.

I wish for write ups of all tracks. PD I've backgrounds all all cars throughout the franchise. GT Sport gives us a short video how to take corners on different circuits. I think more info on tracks will be just as entertaining.

Many don't know how Mount Panorama came about. How about Catalunya, Dragon Trail, Trial Mountain, Autopolis?
Sure, the infinite only a Google search away in another tab, but should be added to track info.

Even showing the original configuration of a track in B&W photos, as it morphs into the tracks they are today.
Did they add those videos on like, Circuit Experience? (in GT7 they're on GT World, I think GT World is like GT4's Track menu on Gran Turismo mode divided by 5)

The option to drive a qualifying lap against the AI opponents. That lap would determine your placement in the starting grid.

A qualifying lap would further help the player see how his/her car measures up against the AI. It is also a way to more fully immerse yourself in the single player racing career. For me, a qualifying lap is my biggest wish from PD!

Probably looking too much into it but Kazunori retweeted the post.
tenor (4).gif

Heres the english version

Last edited:
many people have written what i wanted more or less, all i ask for gt7 is to focus firstly on contemporary cars, then classics(not that i don't want to see more classics) , gt in the modern era is always a generation behind to the hot new sport car, sedan hatch back etc etc

Sportmode:
- working Penalty System

Cars:
- I'm good with the cars in GTS, as long as they are also available GT7 it would be fine with me

Tracks:
- the classic tracks would be nice but as somebody who played all the previous titles I don't need to drive them again and again and again
- more tracks would be fine, no matter for me if real or fantasy

Offline:
- It looks like PD still uses the AI of Gran Turismo 2. I watched Kie25's Assetto Corsa Competizione stream. He made an offline race in Monza and turned the skill level of the AI to a high value. The race looked so different to GTS, if I wouldn't have known that the opponents are AI, I would have said they are very fast and fair human drivers. Some of the mysteries of PD I guess…

Lobbys:
- one of the most iomportant Points. I hope they can provide more stable Lobbys

The option to drive a qualifying lap against the AI opponents. That lap would determine your placement in the starting grid.

A qualifying lap would further help the player see how his/her car measures up against the AI. It is also a way to more fully immerse yourself in the single player racing career. For me, a qualifying lap is my biggest wish from PD!

Another function of the qualifing lap could be the calibration of the AI ... in case you want a more tought opponents :dopey: (don't forget tha ASPEC points of GT4 ..)

IR

I haven't seen these two options thrown around much..

First of all there should be a hierarchy of what is implemented so in now way are these as important as say 'better AI', but..

1. Helmet cam' PC2 Style - more camera shake when reacting to bumps in the road, going over the curbs etc.. G-force effects..head movements like slightly moving the camera back and forth upon acceleration or braking. Looking into a turn to find the apex and tunnel vision blurring when at high speeds...
These features add a nice sense of what a driver endures while racing rather than what GT currently has with its smooth as butter driving.

2. A fully fledged spotter and race engineer radio chat. Look at CrewChief for example. Currently races feel very isolated and bland and along with what I mentioned in point 1, the sense of 'racing pressure' is low. These effects add a much more authentic feel to racing.

This feature would also help with those that don't run a HUD - side note: Fully customisable HUD! I'd like audible feedback on my sector/lap times, how far the car ahead or behind is and how far from first place I am.. how many laps are left and my current lap.. whether there is a car to the side of me (sometimes moving a stick to check your ass is hard when entering a corner for example). He could tell me my current telemetry like tires and aero condition, they could update me on weather changes etc etc... The possibilities are endless with this.

Last edited:
I haven't seen these two options thrown around much..

First of all there should be a hierarchy of what is implemented so in now way are these as important as say 'better AI', but..

1. Helmet cam' PC2 Style - more camera shake when reacting to bumps in the road, going over the curbs etc.. head movements like slightly moving the camera back and forth upon acceleration or braking. Looking into a turn to find the apex and tunnel vision blurring when at high speeds...
These features add a nice sense of what a driver endures while racing rather than what GT currently has with its smooth as butter driving.

2. A fully fledged spotter and race engineer radio chat. Look at CrewChief for example. Currently races feel very isolated and bland and along with what I mentioned in point 1, the sense of 'racing pressure' is low. These effects add a much more authentic feel to racing.

This feature would also help with those that don't run a HUD. I'd like audible feedback on my sector/lap times, how far the car ahead or behind is and how far from first place I am.. how many laps are left and my current lap.. whether there is a car to the side of me (sometimes moving a stick to check your ass is hard when entering a corner for example). He could tell me my current telemetry like tires and aero condition, they could update me on weather changes etc etc... The possibilities are endless with this.
What if they actually planned something from the number 2, and they started with the reviled Sarah and Rupert? :lol: If they do they should regret spitting on them.

My wish would be take the game out of multiplayer and make it for a simulator racers with real competition. Please do not make it easy to start new accounts to improved driver rating that’s just cheating.

The thing I like most about GTS Online Racing is the turn around for new races in one Hour , you can get 2 to 3 races in on most tracks. Let’s add a Open Race for advanced drivers with less restrictions maybe a two lap qualifying to set the lineup. Keep it simple so we are not picking our nose waiting to race.

I will not list the desired circuits. But all the real circuits that are in games with a more modest budget, like Asseto Corsa (Kunos), Ride (Milestone) and Project Cars 2 (SMS), I would like them to appear in the GT7. This is important because the PD has e-sport agreements with the FIA. Nothing better than competing in famous world circuits and with each continent having its locality represented, specially those unusual tracks located in South Africa, Argentina and China.

Last edited:
My biggest wish for GT7 is that for livery designs we are allowed to update an existing "stock livery" in the game.

What I mean by this is that where you have the likes of the Evo Rally Car the game would keep the basic livery design but allow us to change the colours or modify/add sponsor decals.

One of the things that does frustrate me a little with Sport is when I see an in game livery I like and have to recreate the basic design in the editor if I then want to put different colours on the livery.

As for everything else I will be happy with any content added but I would also like better storage capacity for the local game save and it not be shared over multiple PSN ID's.

The Open Race added to daily races, use any car that you set up and tune. A two lap qualifying to set line up. First Five to Finish move on to a 20 car Main Events . No driver rating to be use just the fastest 2 lap qualifying Times and Fastest times in qualifying races set the line up in Main Event. Have as many Main Events as car and drivers show up. Keep a simple penalty system and Use flags To keep clean racing If you get a back flag you have to go back to qualifying races to earn a Main Event.

They need to add more.. LIFE to 'race days' and events..

Rather than clicking 'Sunday cup', choosing which track to play, restarting till you get gold, then backing out and doing a few races on 'group 3 cup' etc.. we need a nice structure to our campaign.

If I commit to one cup, 'Sunday cup', then I have to play that entire series of races in order, go through qualifying, and end up getting placed based off of the overall competition points. A season if you like. If I want to enter another competition, then I have to retire from my current event or finish it. Its so boring the way it is now.

Also let me choose wether I want refueling, tyre wear, and/or damage etc.. If I crash and wreck the car, or repairs in pit take too long to warrant continuing to race, then I retire and get a DNF for that race and earn no points going forward.

To add to this, make race days more compelling. Rather than simply clicking race and it leading me out to a rolling start, have me start in the pit garage, have my engineers talk to me about car setups, put my helmet and gloves on and enter the car and exit from the pits etc.. make it more engaging and exciting.

Last edited:
The Open Race will bring drivers with a car they like to race in. When you enter a qualifying race their could be a rookie on the pole if his qualifying time is faster then yours but He has to finish in the first five over the finish line to move up to the 20 car main event . To make it more interesting put a simple mark on your car door for how many Main Events you have won with that car. Fighter pilots do that For kills and for competition between pilots For bragging rights.

My biggest wish for GT7 is that for livery designs we are allowed to update an existing "stock livery" in the game.

What I mean by this is that where you have the likes of the Evo Rally Car the game would keep the basic livery design but allow us to change the colours or modify/add sponsor decals.

One of the things that does frustrate me a little with Sport is when I see an in game livery I like and have to recreate the basic design in the editor if I then want to put different colours on the livery.

As for everything else I will be happy with any content added but I would also like better storage capacity for the local game save and it not be shared over multiple PSN ID's.
Stock livery should be implemented when Racing Modifications return, because obviously racing car is also about the liveries.
They need to add more.. LIFE to 'race days' and events..

Rather than clicking 'Sunday cup', choosing which track to play, restarting till you get gold, then backing out and doing a few races on 'group 3 cup' etc.. we need a nice structure to our campaign.

If I commit to one cup, 'Sunday cup', then I have to play that entire series of races in order, go through qualifying, and end up getting placed based off of the overall competition points. A season if you like. If I want to enter another competition, then I have to retire from my current event or finish it. Its so boring the way it is now.

Also let me choose wether I want refueling, tyre wear, and/or damage etc.. If I crash and wreck the car, or repairs in pit take too long to warrant continuing to race, then I retire and get a DNF for that race and earn no points going forward.

To add to this, make race days more compelling. Rather than simply clicking race and it leading me out to a rolling start, have me start in the pit garage, have my engineers talk to me, put my helmet and gloves on and enter the car and exit from the pits etc.. make it more engaging and exciting.
So you mean Sunday Cup should be a championship? Like in Gran Turismo 1 (all races are championships there). The next GTs have less limitations and therefore, they can make some races being championships (ex: GT World Championship), or not (Sunday Cup there).

Now I do not want to hurt feeling but if you haven’t raced in real life “ you are stuck on stupid “ when it comes to Online Racing . The more you make it feel like It’s a real race day you will keep the real drivers and the wannabes will want to compete . Let the other games be fairytales.

Now I do not want to hurt feeling but if you haven’t raced in real life “ you are stuck on stupid “ when it comes to Online Racing . The more you make it feel like It’s a real race day you will keep the real drivers and the wannabes will want to compete . Let the other games be fairytales.

I understood none of that.. if you're replying to me.. I said nothing about online racing.. I was on about campaign mode.

Last edited:
Back