The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

Forgot about a thing in GT 6 in which I had a lot of fun with, which was the special missions on the Moon,

Why not a comeback of it and also some missions on Mars in collaboration with SpaceX and Tesla ?

I imagine the fun of some rally cross races with Tesla electric buggies on Moon and Mars :gtpflag:

Forgot about a thing in GT 6 in which I had a lot of fun with, which was the special missions on the Moon,

Why not a comeback of it and also some missions on Mars in collaboration with SpaceX and Tesla ?

I imagine the fun of some rally cross races with Tesla electric buggies on Moon and Mars :gtpflag:
The argument then becomes, "PD should stop wasting time on things noone will play. Use those assets on fixing the trees. Have you seen the trees? I can't stand the trees! At 150mph, the trees are so annoying to look at. Doing 151mph, even worse! Damn trees...".

The argument then becomes, "PD should stop wasting time on things noone will play. Use those assets on fixing the trees. Have you seen the trees? I can't stand the trees! At 150mph, the trees are so annoying to look at. Doing 151mph, even worse! Damn trees...".
Are those using this argument actually right?

Yes as I said already, if it's optional, no problem. GT has obviously introduced a lot of add on stuff over the years but when it comes to the actual use of cars, it's still always been about racing, unless I'm forgetting something. Photo mode and other things where you don't actually drive the cars, are different.

Games encouraging or even forcing you to win every event is another pet peeve of mine. Nobody in the real world wins every event they take part in, don't make me do it in a game. Yes you could make the argument that real racing drivers don't have the ability to go back in time and re-try events and we do but even if they could, they could still spend their entire life and still not win every race. It's just a silly requirement.
Exactly this. That's exactly what is wrong with Gran Turismo and that's the reason why the campaign is so dull and unsatisfying to play. Also that terrible chase the rabbit races, seriously who the hell thinks those are fun to play? Do the developers even play their own game?
Kaz mentioned campaign in the GT7 trailer but if the thing that he's talking about is the same old boring stuff, I don't think that is something to be excited about.

Exactly this. That's exactly what is wrong with Gran Turismo and that's the reason why the campaign is so dull and unsatisfying to play. Also that terrible chase the rabbit races, seriously who the hell thinks those are fun to play? Do the developers even play their own game?
Kaz mentioned campaign in the GT7 trailer but if the thing that he's talking about is the same old boring stuff, I don't think that is something to be excited about.

Offline modes need a customisable AI with two gauges :
- temper from fairplay to agressive
- level from beginner to elite

The only waste of time I can see here is the irrelevence of some replies

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we get a better soundtrack for races in GT7. The soundtrack was god awful in GTS, there was about two decent tracks on the whole racing soundtrack.

I remember Ash on GT1, Feeder & Muse on GT3, Snow Patrol, Kasier Chiefs, Feeder, Kasibian, Papa Roach etc. on GT4, Calvin Harris on GT5 etc.

Last edited:
I hope we get a better soundtrack for races in GT7. The soundtrack was god awful in GTS, there was about two decent tracks on the whole racing soundtrack.

I remember Ash on GT1, Feeder & Muse on GT3, Snow Patrol, Kasier Chiefs, Feeder, Kasibian, Papa Roach etc. on GT4, Calvin Harris on GT5 etc.

You're so right !!
But now I'm used to have absolutly no musics at all in Gran Turismo because of this, and finally like better driving listening the mechanical sounds even in real life on short and long travels.

I guess I'll quickly cut the music in GT7 also.

And I don't like the fact that they cut the music playlist function for the built-in soundtrack that lets me disable certain songs which are present on previous GTs, I'll just blast my own Spotify playlist when racing or even turn off the music altogether

Last edited:
Are those using this argument actually right?
If this game is art, which, it looks like a expression of realism, art is what the artist expresses. Criticism of said art can be a number of reactions the artist was expecting.

For video games, I can say a 2D and 3D tree or multiple trees, do not ruin the immersion for me. To someone else, it can ruin the experience. Put people off playing the game. Does that make me right or them right, for arguing over the rendering of said trees?

There is no right or wrong with someone expressing their art. In my eye, I can paint the most beautiful picture. To someone else, it looks like crap. Is my picture beautiful because I feel it is or are they right it's crap?

Back to wishing. Until we get more info on GTAuto, I'm hoping PD go bonkers(I know it's PD I'm talking about :lol: ) with parts. With graphics, the cars we've had and livery editor...it's time:
FB_IMG_1594755758311.jpg
FB_IMG_1594755766966.jpg
FB_IMG_1594755745330.jpg
FB_IMG_1594755795668.jpg
FB_IMG_1594755803637.jpg
FB_IMG_1594755779007.jpg
FB_IMG_1594755784965.jpg
FB_IMG_1594755897620.jpg
FB_IMG_1594755828387.jpg
FB_IMG_1594755886080.jpg

Keep in mind, we did get the Hakosuka racing modification. The Kenmeri version is to die for. That's easily doable for GT7.

I hope they introduce a more complex collision physics and a new damage model (the latter at least for race cars) similar to Iracing

What would you think about the manufacturer that probably won't allow that? Damages in other games are also slowly diminishing.

I’d love to see Car Football in Gran Turismo 7! Serious post too because it genuinely was really fun in FM4.

One can dream :lol:
GT6 has something like driving on moon instead...

What would you think about the manufacturer that probably won't allow that? Damages in other games are also slowly diminishing.

GT6 has something like driving on moon instead...
On GT5 even manufacturers like Ferrari have damage, i don't think that's the problem. And as i said if they don't allow damage for the production road cars at least make a damage system for the racecars.

On GT5 even manufacturers like Ferrari have damage, i don't think that's the problem. And as i said if they don't allow damage for the production road cars at least make a damage system for the racecars.
Like I said "damages in other games are also slowly diminishing". GT5 was earlier period of gaming where the other games are allowed to have brutal level of damages which isn't seen much nowadays.

One can dream :lol:
Indeed, it would be very nice to get a damage model like that, but sadly it's unlikely.

On the topic of car manufacturers allowing damage or not it varies massively. A game focused on racing cars tends to have fewer limits than where production cars are concerned. I remember one of the people making an earlier Forza game discussing it and they said some manufacturers didn't mind and were more interested in how good the game would be but others (and they named Ford ) wanted loads of restrictions.

When you get that you have to make a choice, do you allow what damage you can, car to car, or do you go for unity and limit the damage across all cars to what the most restrictive terms have set.

I tihnk a lot just depends ont he manufacturer, who it is you are negotiating with and what the manufacturers vision is at that time (like VW not allowing thier cars in street racing games for a while).

They let you drive Moon Buggy on the Moon! :eek: So not that serious. ;) :lol:
But.....that is exactly what the vehicle was made for. Serious exploration of the moon. And that's what PD had you do. You can't go very far out of the prescribed activity.

It's a far cry from car football or any of the other silly stuff they did with cars on Top Gear.

But.....that is exactly what the vehicle was made for. Serious exploration of the moon. And that's what PD had you do. You can't go very far out of the prescribed activity.

It's a far cry from car football or any of the other silly stuff they did with cars on Top Gear.

Right now, in GTSport, you can hop in a Ford Raptor, or a Toyota Tundra, select Willow Springs, and go full "Dukes of Hazard" off the track. You have roughly 500m in either direction off the track to play with, and that includes massive dunes and jumps.

Granted, GTS has a weird gravity/physics system that pulls your car down to Earth when you get air but you can still have fun with it.

Does it HAVE to be a truck? No. I only mentioned those trucks because of their extended ground clearance. You can use whatever you like.

Fun is subjective. Just because PD doesn't have a silly game mode, doesn't mean they are prudes or sticklers.

I'd rather Granturismo be an open sandbox than a game restricted by various game "modes".

Last edited:
Right now, in GTSport, you can hop in a Ford Raptor, or a Toyota Tundra, select Willow Springs, and go full "Dukes of Hazard" off the track. You have roughly 500m in either direction off the track to play with, and that includes massive dunes and jumps.

Granted, GTS has a weird gravity/physics system that pulls your car down to Earth when you get air but you can still have fun with it.

Does it HAVE to be a truck? No. I only mentioned those trucks because of their extended ground clearance. You can use whatever you like.

Fun is subjective. Just because PD doesn't have a silly game mode, doesn't mean they are prudes or sticklers.

I'd rather Granturismo be an open sandbox than a game restricted by various game "modes".
The discussion is pretty much about the parameters. Sending a Tundra on that jump isn't a game mode.

We have the knock down the cones, which I'm sure a MiTo hitting 100 of them, would be instant damage by the 5th one. That's about as offbeat a test as GT Sport has.

Following this last GT Sport update which added a new Michelin Pilot Sport tire sticker, what I want for GT7 are retro tire stickers for older cars. It feels a bit unrealistic for example, making a retro livery on the '95 McLaren F1 GTR and then using the Bridgestone tire sticker (which is not the default brand on the F1 GTR), so you end up with the current Bridgestone logo design. To see exactly what I mean, check R92CP's default tire stickers, these are the 90's Bridgestone logo you should be using on the McLaren.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200716063358.jpg
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20200716063401.jpg

Even though I buy cars to race, I'm in agreement with those that only race online. Such players, should have access to all cars for free.

Of course, it'd be an option if a player wanted to buy cars in Campaign and then race them in Sport Mode. Arcade players get to choose a handful of Recommended cars to race, instead of purchasing a car.

For the love of God, please don't let that annoying lobby glitch where you get stuck at the start carry over. If the trailer is any indication of what's to come, they might be reusing many assets from GTS and whatever causes that problem could be in one of them.

The smell of a new sub forum is so good. Let's get down to business. This thread will serve as sort of a realistic wish list. Before you type away your hopes and dreams, few things you should consider:

- PD absolutely read this forum, so keep your points concise, and explain your reasoning.
- No cars/tracks. We already have this in another part of the forum
- The PS5 specs and DualSense features are already known, so keep them bound to the machine's capabilities. Here is a refresher
- Feel free to discuss points, but be civil. Everyone's wishes aren't the same.

Some points I can start with:

New physics engine: With the new processing power and the partnership with Michelin -- it would make sense that a new physics engine, new aero and tire models are a top priority.

Dynamic TOD/Weather: This surely needs to happen with the PS5's big bump in CPU.

Proper damage model: Not likely at all, but a man can dream.

Better sounds: GTSport took a massive leap in the audio department. Having the tempest audio system and 3D Audio should give the audio gurus all the headroom they need.

Better sound, graphics, physics, weather? That's all you want? Hmm...how about multiple engaging modes of play?

Like a solo driver who desires to progress through the ranks by being shepherded through an RPG scenario? What about the crafty veteran that seeks to test his pace amongst the best online has to offer? And don't forget about all the weekend warriors that congregate on Sundays for a spec race...

The PS5 platform will bring new levels of technical possibilities, what's on your peripheral vision?

Back