The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

Horns. That's all.

Even I who like to have the option barely use it, but it was cool. And it's implementation in GT5 was pretty cool, compared to Forza Horizon for instance, which I am playing now. On GT, each car had it's own horn, and you could even change it. Add in some silly horns aswell, and remove the limitations of only earning horns with arbitrary conditions (every certain amount of cars in garage), having an actual shop, and it could be pretty neat.

And keep the turn signals. They seemed to remove horns to add another feature that some might think is useless and stupid, don't do it again, don't remove this to add horns back.

Its probably far too much effort, but it'd be neat to have historic playouts from some tracks or those that have gone altogether. Classic Hockenheim or Reims, Riverside or an original Spa even.
330px-Österreichring.svg.png

You're right, generally speaking these old tracks are much more challenging.

I'd like to drive on the original 1975 Österreichring, and could be a RedBullRing variation

I'd love PD to fix some technical errors in regards to vehicles. They made mistakes perhaps accidental or perhaps purposeful to make their cars seem better. For instance.. the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 was made to weigh 250kg heavier than it was in real life it weighed 900kg but they made it 1150kg and they made that same error in regards to it's weight in all subsequent GT games somehow?? They need to fix the Lister Storm GT race car weight as well it weighs 1150kg in real life but around 1400kg in games.. handicapping non Japanese cars yet again hmm. racism perhaps. They also made the group b European and American rally cars make too little hp in real life they made a good 600+ hp but are handicapped to 380-500 for some reason suspicious again. If they place the Minolta 88C-V in the game again it needs to be one of the weaker links in groups c and lmp class cars as it was a failure in real life. It was ridiculously good in GT4 and GT5 again showing that "errors" they make with the cars positively affect Japanese cars and negatively impact non Japanese cars.. racism again. Also they need to never make the transmission shift delay errors they made with the Peugeot 905 race car in GT4 in any other GT game... again why isn't this error in Japanese cars in ANY GT game only American and European cars.

All in all because PD's racism and favoritism I've basically boycotted the franchise until they fix these issues.

Last edited:
People complain about dirty driving in GT Sport. That said, was there any Driving School mission in that game that evaluated the ability of avoiding collisions? While there are many tests in the franchise about avoiding collisions with walls, there are few tests in the entire franchise about avoiding on-road traffic. GT7 need to have more of those tests in the License Test category to encourage clean online driving. A video about Sportsmanship is not enough; Beginners need actual training to be able to control their cars to avoid collisions.

People complain about dirty driving in GT Sport. That said, was there any Driving School mission in that game that evaluated the ability of avoiding collisions? While there are many tests in the franchise about avoiding collisions with walls, there are few tests in the entire franchise about avoiding on-road traffic. GT7 need to have more of those tests in the License Test category to encourage clean online driving. A video about Sportsmanship is not enough; Beginners need actual training to be able to control their cars to avoid collisions.
I think this should be implemented for open world, and you need Licenses for that. Open World Licenses includes something like avoiding on-road traffic. But actually, for online, they should put License requirement too in it, not only in offline races (GT6 doe sit a bit where you can only join after National A, but let it be included in race settings to freely decide which License you should pass).

Options and consistency in those options. All of this is based on GTS of course.

There should be filters in online and A.I. races for every aspect of a car like year, drivetrain, body style, length, height, body type, manufacturer, country, and just allow for the cars to be specified individually.

Make B.O.P. explicitly optional in Arcade Mode like it is in lobbies instead of off or on under certain conditions. Make the tire/fuel multiplier in Arcade Mode the same as it is in lobbies, which is limited to only 10x but is 30x(?) in lobbies. Allow a tire range to be chosen in Arcade Mode instead of having the A.I. be stuck with the tires they have stock. Conversely, the rolling start gap option would be nice to have in lobbies.

It's just a lot of inconsistency and wasted potential that wouldn't be too hard of an implementation I don't think.

Last edited:
Simple things that are key and GT really need to improve on that department.

More FOV options.

Mirror in every view and radar in center of the screen similar to ACC.

More options in private lobbys concerning some aspects, give the option to chose penaltys like it is FiA races, giving also the option to only apply track limits penaltys, is one key feature missing cause in private leagues people must make extra rules and have watch if people remove the penaltys etc.
Having zones to auto remove penaltys its needed.

Theres also some aspects but this ones are simple things that me and many people wish to be improved.

Last edited:
I’d like the trophy list to be entirely obtainable off-line, but still be challenging. That said, I think the perfect maximum level of difficulty would be something on par with the gold medals for the GT Sport LH Challenge, though certainly not the diamonds, haha. That’d be too far.

That said, if there were any trophies or in-game achievements that require online racing, I’d have them based on your DR, rather than total poles/wins. For example, reaching DR A seems comparatively manageable. I’d also have it go by total clean races, rather than consecutive clean races.

Honestly, I really don’t mind skilled matchmaking, but I think having a skilled matchmaking game that also has trophies for wins/poles is one of GT Sport’s worst ideas. I think I even saw GTS on a list of the hardest PS4 games to get Platinum. But at the same time, I get that GTS has changed so much and so many times since launch that those trophies may have truly been easier to get initially, even if the changes made to Sport Mode have often been for the better.

Last edited:
What i would love to see is some kind of "Custom Race option" with possibility to select specific cars (give more option to narrow selection of cars like production years etc etc etc. I know PD likes to mix up classes a bit (like Group C cars vs LMP1 cars and GT Concepts) so thanks to this option it would be possible to create more realistic racing expirience. Selecting liveries for them would also be great and... option to share this event so other can try it?

What i would love to see is some kind of "Custom Race option" with possibility to select specific cars (give more option to narrow selection of cars like production years etc etc etc. I know PD likes to mix up classes a bit (like Group C cars vs LMP1 cars and GT Concepts) so thanks to this option it would be possible to create more realistic racing expirience. Selecting liveries for them would also be great and... option to share this event so other can try it?

True another thing that would make it more realistic is getting race cars specs correct especially vital things like weight and power figures. Both or at least weight issues plagueing the Lister GT and Panoz especially.

I would like a less cumbersome HUD similar to that of GT5 with retractable elements such as the MFD and the radar like it happens in Assetto Corsa Competizione

8MHdpQi.png

Also the proximity radar should be in the same position like in Assetto Corsa Competizione,this way it's more easy to notice the cars that are close to you

Ie1xuYk.jpg

Last edited:
My wish is to have a proper drift mode, not limited only for the short segment of the track. Maybe have a few dedicated places to drift and proper Implementation in the GT campaign mode. After discovering YT channel- beasted, where this guy sharing his drift setups, I’ve started enjoy drifting in GT sport so much more.

My wish is to have a proper drift mode, not limited only for the short segment of the track. Maybe have a few dedicated places to drift and proper Implementation in the GT campaign mode. After discovering YT channel- beasted, where this guy sharing his drift setups, I’ve started enjoy drifting in GT sport so much more.

I hope not. I've nothing against drifting, if you enjoy it then great, but it's categorically not racing. I'm tired of games throwing it into a racing career and just expecting everyone to get on with it as if it's just another race event. Being good at drifting has no correlation to being good at racing.

I hope not. I've nothing against drifting, if you enjoy it then great, but it's categorically not racing. I'm tired of games throwing it into a racing career and just expecting everyone to get on with it as if it's just another race event. Being good at drifting has no correlation to being good at racing.
First of all it’s a video game and having variety in gameplay Is always a plus in my opinion. Drifting is a car related sport and it will fit nicely in the game. Following your logic, GT should also cut license test, because someone might not be great at hiting the cones. Isn’t great when game throwing you a challenge?

First of all it’s a video game and having variety in gameplay Is always a plus in my opinion. Drifting is a car related sport and it will fit nicely in the game. Following your logic, GT should also cut license test, because someone might not be great at hiting the cones. Isn’t great when game throwing you a challenge?

Since it's inception GT has focused on racing. I think the license tests do need a big overhaul but they have always been 95% about learning to drive a car quickly in a conventional manner, to go racing.

If any drift events are 100% optional then that's fine, I just can't stand racing games that force you to do drift events to progress. It's not racing. Nobody forced Lewis Hamilton to compete in drift events to progress in his career.

Since it's inception GT has focused on racing. I think the license tests do need a big overhaul but they have always been 95% about learning to drive a car quickly in a conventional manner, to go racing.

If any drift events are 100% optional then that's fine, I just can't stand racing games that force you to do drift events to progress. It's not racing. Nobody forced Lewis Hamilton to compete in drift events to progress in his career.
GT is not solely focused on racing. It’s about car culture and automotive appreciation. Photo mode, livery editor, car encyclopedia... so why not explore further? And if we are talking about racing, ironically this might be the weakest part of the game. Playing catch the rabbit with moving obstacles is not a racing. Gt sport online mode is trying to fix it, but for the most people is too challenging and frustrating to compete with the crazy fast people around the world. And talking about Lewis Hamilton challenge, I completely give up any hope to 100% complete it. It’s too hard. Even though there is no drifting involved, I can’t finish it.

I’m just trying to say that you can’t please everyone one, so why not just give more options and variety to choose from. This includes drifting:P.

GT is not solely focused on racing. It’s about car culture and automotive appreciation. Photo mode, livery editor, car encyclopedia... so why not explore further? And if we are talking about racing, ironically this might be the weakest part of the game. Playing catch the rabbit with moving obstacles is not a racing. Gt sport online mode is trying to fix it, but for the most people is too challenging and frustrating to compete with the crazy fast people around the world. And talking about Lewis Hamilton challenge, I completely give up any hope to 100% complete it. It’s too hard. Even though there is no drifting involved, I can’t finish it.

I’m just trying to say that you can’t please everyone one, so why not just give more options and variety to choose from. This includes drifting:P.

As I say, as an option, fine. I just don't want to be forced to do drifting to progress in a racing game. Had enough of that from Grid, Shift and the like.

NASCAR has to make a return. The ovals need to be used for their intended purpose; it's strange seeing GT3 cars racing around an oval because they don't do it in real life. PD should put the current cars in and allow people to choose a livery, in the same way you can choose a colour.

It would be nice to see the return of the Gymkhana track, or the GT arena for coffee breaks.

Could even have a mode where we can create our own challenges & so that we can share for other people to play. For example, (This is just a generic example) knock over 100 cones within the set time just like in GT4. With the cones set out in a unique pattern. Found the coffee breaks in GT4 very creative, especially the one with the 350Z Roadster. It would be nice to create our own challenges, and have our own lay outs for everyone to try.

Loved this coffee break as a kid. And still do!

I hope they fix this horrible super delayed animation of the wheel while playing with the pad, it's so unnatural,makes the game look like an arcade...
Also the hilarious way the driver grips the wheel needs to be fixed... i don't understand the reason PD make such choices in a game that is called "The Real Driving Simulator"

I would love a proper1/4 mile drag racing strip, and the option to change race settings ( dial your own index, heads up racing etc: ).

I'm reply surprised PD hasn't added this yet as there are so many drag racers out there.

And I would love to see some motorkhana (gymkhana) style of events, maybe as like a coffee break challenge.

I think as long as it's not mandatory to complete every event at one license level before being able to attempt events at a higher license then there's nothing wrong with including more variety in the main career.

I personaly would like PD to give the off-road racing and if it's incorporated then drifitng to be given more attention that way. But like you say, it shouldn't be mandaory for people who don't enjoy it.

I think as long as it's not mandatory to complete every event at one license level before being able to attempt events at a higher license then there's nothing wrong with including more variety in the main career.

I personaly would like PD to give the off-road racing and if it's incorporated then drifitng to be given more attention that way. But like you say, it shouldn't be mandaory for people who don't enjoy it.

I just think there is a big distinction. Whether it's traditional tarmac circuits, rallycross, rally, hill climbs, stadium tracks, drag, oval, etc, they're all still racing events that are are about driving a car to go as quickly as possible. Drifting is a completely different sport, like Horse Racing vs Dressage. I don't play FIFA games but I'm imaging they don't throw in keepie uppie challenges midway through the proper competition seasons.

I just think there is a big distinction. Whether it's traditional tarmac circuits, rallycross, rally, hill climbs, stadium tracks, drag, oval, etc, they're all still racing events that are are about driving a car to go as quickly as possible. Drifting is a completely different sport, like Horse Racing vs Dressage. I don't play FIFA games but I'm imaging they don't throw in keepie uppie challenges midway through the proper competition seasons.
I do get that, but Gran Turismo isn't just about racing anymore, it hasn't been arguably since GT4 introduced Photo Mode. So as long as everything is optional, I don't see any issue with it. I'm far more interested in the racing than drifting myself, but they are both automotive sports and have large fan bases in automotive culture.

It wouldn't upset me if drfiting wasn't included at all, but if they did include it, I would prefer they did it well than tacked it on in some menial "now we can put driting on the box" way. I think it's important they they do it in a way that justifies including it gameplay wise, but doesn't force those who aren't interested in it, like yourself, into doing it in order to open up more of the types of events you want to do.

Lock events behind license levels by all means, but I hope they don't make is so you have to clear all events at one level before you can start at the next. That then forces people to do events they are either finding frustrating or not interested inat all in order to progress. IIRC GT4 I think had a block whereby you couldn't do the Gran Turismo World Champoinship until you did every beginner and intermediate hall event before it and you couldn't do the advanced hall until you won that event. So I hope they don't do that again.

Last edited:
I do get that, but Gran Turismo isn't just about racing anymore, it hasn't been arguably since GT4 introduced Photo Mode. So as long as everything is optional, I don't see any issue with it. I'm far more interested in the racing than drifting myself, but they are both automotive sports and have large fan bases in automotive culture.

It wouldn't upset me if drfiting wasn't included at all, but if they did include it, I would prefer they did it well than tacked it on in some menial "now we can put driting on the box" way. I think it's important they they do it in a way that justifies including it gameplay wise, but doesn't force those who aren't interested in it, like yourself, into doing it in order to open up more of the types of events you want to do.

Lock events behind license levels by all means, but I hope they don't make is so you have to clear all events at one level before you can start at the next. That then forces people to do events they are either finding frustrating or not interested inat all in order to progress. IIRC GT4 I think had a block whereby you couldn't do the Gran Turismo World Champoinship until you did every beginner and intermediate hall event before it and you couldn't do the advanced hall until you won that event. So I hope they don't do that again.

Yes as I said already, if it's optional, no problem. GT has obviously introduced a lot of add on stuff over the years but when it comes to the actual use of cars, it's still always been about racing, unless I'm forgetting something. Photo mode and other things where you don't actually drive the cars, are different.

Games encouraging or even forcing you to win every event is another pet peeve of mine. Nobody in the real world wins every event they take part in, don't make me do it in a game. Yes you could make the argument that real racing drivers don't have the ability to go back in time and re-try events and we do but even if they could, they could still spend their entire life and still not win every race. It's just a silly requirement.

Proper rally cross tracks..
Indeed. If they're not going to do proper rally then they should instead migrate the current pseudo rally tracksa to RallyCross. Actually make proper use of the rally cars, instead of the bizarre wide circuit dirt races they currently have.

Do things properly or not at all imo. Dev time on rally cars and tracks is just wasted currently.

Back