The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

Yep. Been wishing for that to return. Loved putting 787B wheels on my MX-5s and GNX wheels on many other cars.

That was probably far easier when wheels were a handful of polygons and the cars not much more. With detailed cars, that becomes much harder as everything has to look correct in great detail.

So this camera view was already in the game but they didn't allow us tu use it... PD why????

Any camera angle, FOV you want is in the game locked away

The camera editor 100 percent needs to be in the shipped version of GT7, there's no excuse not to.

Since that video I've managed to disable the wheel completely, which also needs to be an option in GT7

placeholder_image.svg

Last edited:
Kinda of a daft one this, but it’s one that I’ve had time to think about and I figure I put it here.

Now we all know GT6 had Nitrous as an (expensive) option for the majority of road cars, but a bottle of nitrous seems out of place in a race car (unless you’re the Whittington brothers of course.:P).

But after seeing this option in PC3, I said to myself, Instead of Nos, how about a Universal Hybrid System?

It can be applied to the majority of Road and Race Cars for a good chunk of change, can be adjusted to a preferred style and can be removed as easily as any other parts.

For cars that are factory Hybrids (Honda Fit hybrid and Porsche 919 for example) they don’t get the option, but the option is instead replaced by an option to upgrade to more powerful electric motors.

The Hybrid system can be tweaked like Nos for more power at the cost of less duration, but it also includes the option of how you want it to recharge and if you want to, the option to manually deploy the boost when you want it.

Something like this..

• Hybrid Boost 50% < lowest power but longer discharge time, 100% Default setting, 150% Highest power but shortest discharge time.

• Battery Recharge style - Traditional which means recharge occurs under braking and coasting.
Unconventional which includes recharge under throttle after hybrid system disengages at high speed like the 919 does, but that’s balanced out by sapping a little power from the engine to recharge the batteries until fully recharged or system re-engages.

Alternative balancing option is to reduce the amount of energy recovery from braking and coasting compared to Traditional.

• Hybrid Boost Deployment - Automatic, engages like it does at full throttle till shutoff speed is reached or the battery’s depleted.
Manual, the player has full control on when and where hybrid boost is deployed.

Now originally I considered adding the option of which axle to send the hybrid boost to, but that’s just asking to break the game imo. :D

So for simplicity’s sake it goes to the wheels which are driven for that car it’s installed, which means FF cars may struggle with it. :P

But like Nos, it can be outlawed in lobby settings so non hybrid or factory hybrids can race like normal and obviously, it’s outlawed from Sport Mode events.

Now of course if Nos AND the Universal Hybrid System are combined(And I would allow it so.;)) Then the less restrictive lobby’s are gonna have some rockets and meme machines. :lol:

Let me know what you think, fitting or rather too ambitious?

Can we have functional clutches for upgraded transmissions?

I want to swap proper transmissions into cars and have different options to suit different scenarios. I don't want to just have sequential transmissions.

One thing i would love to see. I know many of you don't want seperate cars as liveries. But i think there should be more standard liveries for race cars. I hate in GT Sport that when I make Custom race with group 2 i see only one liverie per car. So i see all the same GTR's, NSX's, and Lexus's. Same with super formula, here there is bigger problem. I can only race one type of Super Formula, and all carbon black. I know that there are more liveries in career mode, but there is much lower AI settings and races there are boring (with rolling starts...) i would prefer to make similar races in custom race to be honest.

One thing i would love to see. I know many of you don't want seperate cars as liveries. But i think there should be more standard liveries for race cars. I hate in GT Sport that when I make Custom race with group 2 i see only one liverie per car. So i see all the same GTR's, NSX's, and Lexus's. Same with super formula, here there is bigger problem. I can only race one type of Super Formula, and all carbon black. I know that there are more liveries in career mode, but there is much lower AI settings and races there are boring (with rolling starts...) i would prefer to make similar races in custom race to be honest.
I'd like for the liveries to be used as color selection, but if it can't be done (race sponsors spotlight etc.), I'd prefer the separate cars as liveries rather than only 1 race car. Because obviously there, racing isn't about one livery per car. Super GT isn't about only a bunch of Castrol Tom's Supra chasing each other, NASCAR isn't about all cars having #3 Goodwrench livery drafting each other on oval.

I'd like for the liveries to be used as color selection, but if it can't be done (race sponsors spotlight etc.), I'd prefer the separate cars as liveries rather than only 1 race car. Because obviously there, racing isn't about one livery per car. Super GT isn't about only a bunch of Castrol Tom's Supra chasing each other, NASCAR isn't about all cars having #3 Goodwrench livery drafting each other on oval.

Yeah i would prefer seperate cars per livery if liveries as color selection is out of option.

To be honest we already have seperate liveries as different cars in GT Sport like BMW M6 GT3 :)

Different team race cars as individual cars in the game is fine. They just need to not include those cars when they advertise the headline number of cars, so they count ten different liveried stock cars as one car in the "600 cars" or whatever. Nobody is going to complain if they count them up and find out there is technically more, but they are when you do the opposite and the headline number isn't so spectacular.

Though as I've said before, PD are not the only ones guilty of this.

PD did the separate liveries for NASCAR and Super GT in the past. I don't know the reason for only three liveries this time around. "Livery Editor will take of it" isn't a good enough reason.

I did like the separate livery per car, but prefer the one car and select a livery option.

New UI that doesn’t look like the 90s (I guess that’s not gonna happen ever?).

New physics, at least improved suspension.

Dynamic weather and time of day.

If all these were done we’d have a hell of a game as the graphics are really good and there is enough fluff to keep you busy. Don’t think this is going to happen sadly.

Gt auto with custom parts for each car like in gt6.

As someone else said, wider tyres and spacers.

Bigger brakes and calipers (maybe even paint them)

Engine and drivetrain swaps.

Finally the ability to buy and bolt parts and tune them from the pit lane in time trial.
So you can test each part and tune setting to see the difference in lap times.

Also being able to record your highest top speed on a track, 0-62mph etc.

Maybe even 1/4 and 1/2 miles if the track permits.

snc
please no ps4 version targetting also jaguar cpu...

If GT7 will be cross gen then i think we can say goodbye to dynamic weather and day/nigh cycle.

I just hope only Spider Man and Horizon 2 remains as crossgens.

The longer we wait, the crazier my expectations are.
At least, a new modern HUD, less busy.
No more Sarah or the guy from the tune shop. It makes the game look cheap.
Modern camera views, not that awful stiff cameras.
An actual collision engine, no more ping ping.
A challenging AI and time trial events.

Can the driver please hold the steering wheel properly? Pretty please? Kills the immersion for me. Seems like someone is out for a Sunday drive.

All I wish is that we FINALLY get a dedicated button/function that allows us to stop/start the warning lights on all the Safety cars in the game.

Make them work like hazard lights on all cars: not flashing by default, but push a button and hey presto, the lights start flashing. Push the button again and the flashing stops.

We already have dedicated buttons/functions for turn signals, hazard lights and highbeams/low beams, flash headlights and a combination of the last two.

Get rid of the combination button for flash/change highbeams and replace it with warning lights button/function.

Its annoying to drive around in a safety vehicle with all the lights flashing when there is no need for them. Allow us to decide when they flash and when they don't. Like the hazard lights.

To add to this: a simple lightbar with simple flashpattern ( or the M4 safety cars lightbar since they've already re-used it with the Megane safety car ), available in all white, white/amber, all amber, amber/green, all blue, blue/white, red, red/blue and red/white led colours. can be put to almost any car bar race cars or certain VGT/concept cars.

So on many occasions here I've derided the fact that PD include the same old race events in career mode in every game and that I'm bored of it, but people then always ask how I'd replace them. So I was procrastinating this morning and decided to see how many real world series you could emulate (so not requiring official licenses, using generic names) with as few cars as possible. So here is what I came up with.

PD only need to include the following 49 road cars with an option to race mod them (a few variants). Of course many already are modelled and in GTS, but I've listed them all for clarity. Also they're all the latest models, I couldn't be bothered putting '19 or '20 after them all.

Acura NSX
Alfa Romeo Guilietta
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Audi R8 LMS
Audi RS3
Audi RS5
Audi S3 Saloon
Audi TT
Bentley Continental
BMW 330i M Sport
BMW M4
BMW M8
BMW Z4
Cadillac CTS-V
Caterham Seven
Chevrolet Camaro
Corvette C8 R
Ferrari 488
Ford Focus ST Mk. IV
Ford GT
Ford Mustang
Ginetta G40
Ginetta G50
Holden Commodore ZB
Honda Civic Type R FK8
Hyundai i30 N
Infiniti Q50
Lamborghini Huracan
Lexus RC F
Lotus Evora
Lynk & Co 03
Mazda MX-5
McLaren 570S
McLaren 720S
Mercedes AMG
Mini Cooper S
Nissan GT-R
Porsche 911 (991) GT3
Porsche Cayman S
Renault Clio
Renault Megane RS
Seat Leon
Subaru BRZ
Toyota 86
Toyota Corolla
Toyota GR Supra
Toyota GR Supra
Vauxhall Astra
Volkswagen CC

Just from those they could mimic all of these real world series with generic names. There are probably a lot more I'm not even aware of. Obviously they would also need the tracks to make the regional versions worthwhile though.

British Touring Cars
World Touring Car Cup
A massive number of regional TCR series
British GT (GT3 + GT4)
US Sportscar Championship (GTLM)
DTM
Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe/North America/Asia
Ferrari 488 Evo Challenge EU/North America/Asia
Porsche Carrera Cup (Around 10 regional championships)
Porsche Supercup (World series)
Audi R8 LMS Cup
World Endurance Championship (LMGTE)
European Le Mans (LMGTE)
Trans-AM Series North America
Australian Supercars
Blaincpain GT America/Asia/Europe
24 HR GT Series
Australian GT series
Italian GT series
Super Taikyu
UK Mini Challenge
Clio Cup (Around 8 worldwide series)
Ginetta GT4 Supercup
Ginetta Juniors
GT4 European Series
GT4 International
GT4 North American Series
GT World Challenge Asia
GT World Challenge America
GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup
Super GT (GT300)
Super GT (GT500)
Caterham Roadsport Championship
Mazda MX-5 Cup
ADAC GT Masters
Intercontinental GT Challenge

Far more interesting and fresh, no? Amazing what you can do with a clever selection of cars and only mimicking rough series rather than trying to license everything entirely. Plus obviously doing it this way you get the bonus of using all the road cars. Some of the cars aren't the exact ones used in the real series but since we're only roughly emulating the series they're close enough to fit.

Fingers crossed PD move this way, instead of modelling wacky road cars that can't/don't race and one-off race cars that don't fit in any series. Plus, this is only including current series. With a handful more cars you could do a bunch of past seasons and defunct series.

Now add on top of that all the series with prototype race cars, like LMP1, LMP2, DPi, some open wheelers, series for historic road and race cars and you've got even more.

Not saying to only mimic real world racing series of course, there can still be entirely fictional events and series, mainly for road cars, but just giving an idea of how they can very easily move away from some of the stale generic race events like "FF Challenge" and the dreaded "Sunday Cup". It's amazing how much a lick of paint and a few minor changes can help a game feel fresher.

Last edited:
24h racing with mid race save option like GT5 had
Multi class endurance racing
Kart racing
Track/Route creator
Customizable tyre brand
Window stickers
Interior customization
Body kits (original or made up)
Engine swaps
Tyre puncture
Mechanical damage
Good and competitive AI
Racing flags

One more thing (not as important as improving suspension physics, damage model/contact, weight transfer or proper track curbs and limits but still), please, no more 2d trees, it's ps5 title...

Back