The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

1. Driver limit increase? Instead of 16, we could have up to 30-50 drivers in a lobby or single player race. Size should depend on the track size as I don't think 50 cars will be able to fit on tracks like Northern isle Speedway.

2. AI drivers in online lobbies? I find lobbies with 1-4 players to be very boring to race in. They feel empty without a good amount of cars on the track. Having AI drivers could help populate the track and make lobbies feel less empty.

3. Customizable AI drivers? The option to customize many aspects of the AI drivers your racing against, things like being able to name them, choose what cars they will drive (Like cars from your garage, including the parts, installed and liveries applied), their skill level, and maybe their racing suit.

4. Multiclass option? Simply having a setting that allows for multiple classes of cars to race at the same time. It shouldn't be too dead simple and perhaps allow for certain settings for each class.

I think all of these ideas to add a ton of replayability in Gran Turismo 7 and make racing more interesting.

Here is my wish.

I will probably buy the all digital PS5 because it looks better, it is 100€ cheaper and I will be able to switch between different games instantly without having to swap out the disks and with no loading times.
HOWEVER!
I wish there is a GT7 Collector's Edition for the Digital Edition PS5 with all the stuff that is in the normal Collector's Edition but instead of the game being inside the box, there would be a code to download the game instead. If you have watched videos of the GT SPORT collector's edition or the GT5 Signature Edition you can probably understand what I mean.

I wish GTSport could get that kind of upgrade on PS5. But probably we will wait for GT7 to come out.
Oh yeah, almost forgot about that. I don't mind playing all GTS content on PS5 with PSVR. Highly doubtful they'll do that tho.

Now that we'll have more console power, GT7 will be literally the best way to showcase PSVR.

For Sport Mode/FIA, I wish that races that involve a sub-set of cars become the majority of races. I think what really turns me off continuing to play GT Sport, is that the overwhelming majority of races is either a one-make or permits every car within a group. I wanna see more races like that Gr.1 race at Fuji where you could only use the Group C cars. I think this would address a lot of the complaints people have with the group system.

In fact, if I designed the races, then the only time you'd get the chance to see every car in a class on-track at once, would be in the FIA Manufacturers Series, which I'd also change to include more classes other than Gr.4 and Gr.3. Also, I'd make most one-make races use Gr.X cars in some way, as that's what I think they're best for - with the exception of the two SF19 cars, wherein I'd make both variants eligible in those cases. I'd still have some other one-make events - especially with cars that run real-life one-makes, such as the Audi R8 LMS or the Renault Megane Trophy - but most of them would use the cars within Gr.X, especially since I'd also form some new classes for vintage race cars. One for vintage prototypes such as the Ferrari 330 P4, and another for vintage grand tourers like the Shelby Daytona Coupe. Other than that, I still think Gr.X one-makes could be a blast, and they don't have to involve high-powered VGTs, formula-styled cars, or Red Bull cars, either. Just look at some of the cars in Gr.X, like the Honda 2&4 Concept, the Peugeot L500R VGT, or the Renault RS01.

I mean, I think an easy solution to this would be to model the ranked races off of campaign events such as Boxer Spirit, as I think the regulations within those events are far more interesting than those in the actual ranked races. This could compliment new campaign events, such as a Gr.1 event reserved for Group C racers.

Well honestly I hope (wish?) that the group C cars will be moved to a Gr.C category, leave Gr.1 for LMP1s and VGTs. A new category can be created for EVs called Gr.E, and that a Gr.5 will be created for the roadster TC as well as the Prius TC and Honda CR-Z TC if they (rightfully) get brought back.

Well honestly I hope (wish?) that the group C cars will be moved to a Gr.C category, leave Gr.1 for LMP1s and VGTs. A new category can be created for EVs called Gr.E, and that a Gr.5 will be created for the roadster TC as well as the Prius TC and Honda CR-Z TC if they (rightfully) get brought back.

I can't agree, except for the idea of a group for EVs, though I'd create an "NE-Series" instead, as I don't think anybody would want to face a Tesla Model S or a Porsche Taycan using a BMW i3.

I think the major groups should have continue to have relatively uniform power/weight, which you can especially see with Gr.3 and Gr.4. The touring cars/RM cars from the PS3 era do not conform to a certain set of figures like Gr.3/Gr.4 do, but instead, they just have more power/less weight than the stock version. I think they should instead be treated as tuners that go into the N-Series like they are in GT Sport, but I do like the idea of there being some sort of Gr.5 for lightly-modified cars, as long as they have relatively uniform power and weight.

As for Gr.1, I think Group C cars should stay, as I think the calls for the Group C cars to be segregated are the result of most races (Gr.1 or not) allowing all cars within a class. I'd say that instead, we should simply hope for the majority of races being those that only permit a certain group of cars within a class, like that Gr.1 race at Fuji that only permitted the Group C cars.

I especially advocate Group C cars staying in Gr.1 because I'd actually like to see Gr.1 in the Manufacturers Series - or at least expanding it beyond Gr.3 and Gr.4 - as I think a large amount of automakers could be represented, between LMPs, VGTs, Group C cars, and other prototypes like LMP2 and DPi cars, or WSC. That said, for something like the Nations Cup or a daily race, I'd seldom permit every car from a class to enter at once, and instead, the overwhelming majority of races would involve a sub-set of cars, perhaps modeled on a campaign event, whether it's a campaign event returning from a prior game in GT7 such as Boxer Spirit, or a new one that gets its genesis in GT7.

I can't agree, except for the idea of a group for EVs, though I'd create an "NE-Series" instead, as I don't think anybody would want to face a Tesla Model S or a Porsche Taycan using a BMW i3.
Well this is a valid point, and it's why further segregations are needed as you are suggesting. Whether it's called Gr.E or Gr.NE, a 100, 200, 300 etc. class(es) should be created.

Well this is a valid point, and it's why further segregations are needed as you are suggesting. Whether it's called Gr.E or Gr.NE, a 100, 200, 300 etc. class(es) should be created.
I just sort of wonder how refueling (if you could call it that) would work. I guess they could just hand-wave it by plugging in some sort of charger that charges unrealistically fast when you pit? Some sort of charging that'd shame even Tesla. And there'd still be a way to limit how long it takes for the vehicle to fully-charge, just like how the rate of refueling can vary, as well.

I wish the Gr. versions of cars would become upgradable presets for base versions, like the way it worked in the oldest GT games. After all, these cars are PD creations, and they do in my opinion not belong as unique dealership entries. Total clutter if you ask me, even though some of those cars are great.

So let’s for example say you’ve selected the Subaru WRX STI. Then go to the upgrade parts shop, and from there you could purchase Gr. B, Gr. 3, etc. as spec. upgrades, transforming the car.

I remember a similar feature in GT1, and how I used a race car transformation upgrade on the Dodge Viper to complete the Grand Valley endurance.

Last edited:
I wish the Gr. versions of cars would become upgradable presets for base versions, like the way it worked in the oldest GT games. After all, these cars are PD creations, and they do in my opinion not belong as unique dealership entries. Total clutter if you ask me, even though some of those cars are great.

So let’s for example say you’ve selected the Subaru WRX STI. Then go to the upgrade parts shop, and from there you could purchase Gr. B, Gr. 3, etc. as spec. upgrades, transforming the car.

I remember a similar feature in GT1, and how I used a race car transformation upgrade on the Dodge Viper to complete the Grand Valley endurance.
It would clear the clutter but make things a bit harder than it needs to be. Having to buy a base car, take it to the upgrade shop, choosing the spec you want and then acquiring it isn't as simple as buying it off the shelf. In real life, you can buy readily-built GT3 cars directly from the manufacturer if you have the money.

Last edited:
It would clear the clutter but make things a bit harder than it needs to be. Having to buy a base car, take it to the upgrade shop, choosing the spec you want and then acquiring it isn't as simple as buying it off the shelf. In real life, you can buy readily-built GT3 cars directly from the manufacturer if you have the money.

You’re right it would require more work for the player to manage, but you could say the same for parts shop in general. People wanted it back because upgrading cars with mileage points and numerical values in GTS is generally considered way too oversimplified despite its convenience every now and then.

For reference, I still think authentic race cars should stay in the dealerships, such as the BMW M6 GT3, Porsche Cayman GT4, Audi Quattro S1, Audi R18, etc.

It’s just the PD-created race cars (the ones with the Gr. designation in their actual model name) which I think should be purchaseable upgrades. I know some of them are closely based on real-world race cars, but ultimately they are “fantasy” cars modified by PD.

In my opinion it would just be a logical way to separate the real cars from made-up cars and remove clutter from the dealerships.

Yeah I agree, this is what I want regarding GT's fictional race cars (but KEEP the real race cars separate!!). PD only did a reverse of this, in GT5, there were 17 Racing Modifications, and in GT6, those 17 cars are made as separate cars.

Also in older games actually Racing Modifications just change your car appearence, the same hp (but better performance with downforce, weight, etc.). The Gr. B, Gr. 3 upgrades should be implemented as Quick Upgrades; choosing one of them buys/equips any part that makes the car that category.

Only the fictional race cars, the Gr cars. The real GT3 cars or such must be kept separate. And I mean other games are like this too, having to buy a car then go to the parts menu to modify them.

Wishing for favorites and hiding garage cars again.

My personal reason is so I don't have to see certain cars. As in the FIA selections. When picking a Manufacturer, we have to select both Gr.3 & GR.4 cars. I mainly run GR.4. I'd prefer to just pick the GR.4 car and opt out of the GR.3. for sure, it's not say enough to just no use GR.3. However, the way the FIA points are, even though your highest point s scores only count, sometimes the best chance may be to run both categories.

Still, I'd rather points be separate for GT.3 & GR.4. This probably won't happen. So, I'd just like to hide the GR.3 in my Garage and not have to even know it's there.

Wishing for more optiins in Garage organisation. Saving the "Sort by". Why can we select by year, by category, by manufactirer in GT Sport, but it reverts to Last Used?

My wishes:
New dirt tracks
SNOW TRACKS
Being able to choose between light rain, heavy rain, super heavy rain, ultra heavy rain (lol)
Being able to put your cars up for auction and other players being able to bid on them
Being able to put more than 3 cars in some scapes locations
Car spoilers
Car splitters etc
Being able to tune your car so that it can be eligible to race against GR.3 or GR.4 cars
Being able to sell your livery design for in-game money
Being able to put car decals on the car's windows
SUVs
A lot more sedans
Being able to take other online players with you in your car in online lobbies :lol:
Being able to create cinematic videos somehow

Last edited:
Being able to sell your livery design for in-game money
I can see this being abused quite easily. People will always be putting their liveries for thousands of credits or whatever the limit would be.
Being able to take other online players with you in your car in online lobbies :lol:
It's called spectating... and it will likely return.

Last edited:
I can see this being abused quite easily. People will always be putting their liveries for thousands of credits or whatever the limit would be.

It's called spectating... and it will likely return.
spectating already exists in GT SPORT but I guess it’s similar

Last edited:
Manual pit exits

Im doing some league racing but it is so frustating since we have to restart the session i don't know how many times since the AI can't drive the car out of the pitlane.

Last edited:
Alright,

GT2 had it cut.

GT4P had this track.
images

So it's pretty obvious on what I would like.

Yep, Drag Racing.

Here's something that has bugged me for a while. Bathurst. The Dipper. It's not right. We should not be clipping the grass when we go through there. Doing a walkabout in replay mode shows me why. Their positioning of the grass in relation to the end of the catch fence is correct, but what is throwing it off is that the catch fence is too long. See examples below. There are basically 2 too many posts.

upload_2020-10-25_22-28-4.png

8296197875054969872_0.jpg

Last edited:
Here's something that has bugged me for a while. Bathurst. The Dipper. It's not right. We should not be clipping the grass when we go through there. Doing a walkabout in replay mode shows me why. Their positioning of the grass in relation to the end of the catch fence is correct, but what is throwing it off is that the catch fence is too long. See examples below. There are basically 2 too many posts.

View attachment 967368

8296197875054969872_0.jpg
That's a... Very specific wish there, my friend.

Back