The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

I havn`t read all this, but for me the graphics and replays of gt as usual i like, and would love to see the photo mode as good as the crew 2, where you can change time of day, weather/ damage/mud on vehicle, forward and rewind all whilst in photo mode, and a replay editor as good as grand theft auto 5`s, so you can move cameras etc etc... that would be perfection for me.....

Hope they bring back the carwash xD with some funny sounds
Did you actually watch the trailer?

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-29_20-0-20.png
    upload_2020-10-29_20-0-20.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 41
Did you actually watch the trailer?

Well i did. I played GT1+2, i didnt had a ps2 and ps3, so i missed some gt games and i didnt know that this is the carwash. Thank you for the hint :-)

Last edited:
Honestly? I'd love the ability to share tunes/setups, almost like an in-game version of SEMA or the Tokyo Auto Salon. Especially if we get tons of options when it comes to external customization - like flat floors, rear wings, and canards - just like in GT6. It could make searching for a good tune for certain events so much easier.

Last edited:
Headlights/front&rear fog lights/parking lights On/Off. It's really bugging me that we don't have these options at all times.

All the classic events and championships that we've come to love in past GT games:
Sunday Cup
Clubman Cup
FR Challenge
MR Challenge
FF Challenge
4WD Challenge
Yaris Race
Tourist Trophy
Legend Of The Silver Arrow
Honda R Festival
Evolution Trophy
Beetle Cup
Boxer Spirit
Formula GT
Like The Wind
GT All-Stars
Polyphony Digital Cup
GT World Championship
Stars and Stripes
Japan Championship
Japan GT Championship/Super GT
European Championship
Race Of The Red Emblem
Real Circuit Tours
Sport Truck Race
Midget Race
Spider And Roadster
Kei Car Cup

And some new ones:
Group 3 World Championship
Group 1 World Championship
Super Formula League
Carrera Cup
Stuttgart Legends (Porsche)
Group C World Championship
Viper Cup
Megane Trophy
Corvette Race
Combi Cup
7's Championship (Mazda RX-7 only)
Diamond Star Cup (Mitsubishi)
Clio Cup
RR Challenge
Race Of Sports Sedans

I won't go back on what people want regarding the career mode.

What I want personally is more clarity in the way cars can be purchased. I think the Vision Gran Turismo project was better highlighted when it was firstly introduced in GT6, in its own menu. Concerning race cars, fictional ones could be purchased as racing modifications in the GT Auto menu, the others (past 2000's) could stay in the dealerships. So in used cars menu, we would find all cars released from 1999 and earlier following two categories: race cars and road cars.

It's just what I would like to see.

All the classic events and championships that we've come to love in past GT games:
Sunday Cup
Clubman Cup
FR Challenge
MR Challenge
FF Challenge
4WD Challenge
Yaris Race
Tourist Trophy
Legend Of The Silver Arrow
Honda R Festival
Evolution Trophy
Beetle Cup
Boxer Spirit
Formula GT
Like The Wind
GT All-Stars
Polyphony Digital Cup
GT World Championship
Stars and Stripes
Japan Championship
Japan GT Championship/Super GT
European Championship
Race Of The Red Emblem
Real Circuit Tours
Sport Truck Race
Midget Race
Spider And Roadster
Kei Car Cup

And some new ones:
Group 3 World Championship
Group 1 World Championship
Super Formula League
Carrera Cup
Stuttgart Legends (Porsche)
Group C World Championship
Viper Cup
Megane Trophy
Corvette Race
Combi Cup
7's Championship (Mazda RX-7 only)
Diamond Star Cup (Mitsubishi)
Clio Cup
RR Challenge
Race Of Sports Sedans
It's more acceptable if those events are extended to more car levels, so that they can enjoy much wider arrange of cars. Like GT2 did.

1. silly coffee breaks that are off the wall with leaderboards
2. Snow on every track in the game
3. An Amazing Soundtrack (please have moon over the castle as the intro song and in game)
4. Avatars make a return

I just came up with what I think is a cool idea: it would be great if when you wanted to buy a specific car, the game told you how many other players own it. It's not something useful but it would be interesting in my opinion
This would be a great idea! They do have the ability to tell us these numbers as they have revealed more than 500,000 have bought the Mazda RX-Vision Gr.3 ()

solid 120 fps at 1080p
eeeewww 1080p :lol:. GT7 will be able to do 4K 60fps with ray tracing. I would definitely have that over 1080p 120fps but without ray tracing. I would even choose 4K 30fps with ray tracing over 1080p 120fps without ray tracing...

eeeewww 1080p :lol:. GT7 will be able to do 4K 60fps with ray tracing. I would definitely have that over 1080p 120fps but without ray tracing. I would even choose 4K 30fps with ray tracing over 1080p 120fps without ray tracing...
I think I understand your priorities and point of view. For me higher frame rate is more important that higher resolution.

“Rather than a spatial resolution that you’re talking about, I’m more interested in the advancements we can make in terms of the time resolution. In terms of frames per second, rather than staying at 60 fps, I’m more interested in raising it to 120 fps or even 240 fps. I think that’s what’s going to be changing the experience from here on forward.” - Kaz

Last edited:
We already know they're targeting 4K60.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/gran-turismo-7/

Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targeted 60 FPS frame rate.*

The number of TVs out there that can display at a genuine 120Hz vs those that can do 4K are miniscule so despite what Kaz said, I highly doubt we'll see anything above 4k60 on GT7, outside of demonstrations. The people playing with 120Hz monitors are a tiny fraction of the playerbase.

In the case of tuning, especially when coming to wings and what-not, I want the ability to add those huge time attack front splitters.

The number of TVs out there that can display at a genuine 120Hz vs those that can do 4K are miniscule so despite what Kaz said, I highly doubt we'll see anything above 4k60 on GT7, outside of demonstrations. The people playing with 120Hz monitors are a tiny fraction of the playerbase.
I don't even know if my television can handle that:lol:

• Return of the Used Car Dealership. I miss the feeling of entering the dealership never knowing what would show up, hopefully something rare. The rarer/more expensive the car is in real life, the less commonly it would appear in the UCD.
  • Shuffle Racing.
  • "Today's Special" wheel option in GT Auto as seen in GT4, in which you could by OEM wheels from cars already in the game.
  • An extensive, proper license system as seen in GT4.
  • Races that feature more than 20 cars.
  • All cars are the same quality, unlike the mess we see in GT5 and GT6.
  • Ability to perform engine swaps/drivetrain swaps. There's so many cars I'd love to fit a big fat LS into, or a 2JZ-GTE.
  • Convertible/roadster versions of cars.
  • "Free Run" mode, in which cars could drive around a citylike area rather than a closed circuit, and just cruise.
  • Sale prices of cars. On certain days, cars of certain makes, certain car types, cars of a certain ages, etc, are slightly discounted
  • No duplicate cars/cars that are very similar to each other.
  • Rally Modifications for certain cars, the rally equivalent of the "Racing Modification" option in GT5.
  • AI difficulty/competitiveness increases the far you go into career mode.
  • Return of the 1000 ticket from GT5, in which you receive a random car after driving 1000km or winning 100 races.
  • All tracks are race-able in reverse.
  • Exclusive cars, cars that can only be won after winning a certain career mode event, license, or special event.
  • C-Spec mode, in which you are a racing team manager and aim to have your team win a certain series through skill.
  • Ability to fit a rollcage in your car.
  • Return of "Economy" and "Racing: SuperSoft Tires"
  • Active Yaw Control option for certain cars.
  • Drivetrain swaps for certain cars (ex: the ability to convert an FF car to 4WD).
  • Body-colored wings/spoilers.
  • Ability to change the interior color of the car.
  • "Car Show" mode for online lobbies. The host would start first, and make the rules of what cars are allowed to be part of the show (ex: stanced cars only, classic cars only, Ferraris only, etc). The host would pick the winner, the winner receives credits (and so does 2nd and 3rd place, but not as much), and the winner picks a new category, and so forth.
  • Ford Dealership split in two; both a UK Ford and US Ford dealership.
  • Each dealership would have it's own unique music, like in GT1.
  • Menu music would be most lounge/jazz, like in GT5.
  • Complete overhaul of the PP system.
  • Junkyard Dealership: Ability to buy a classic car that does not run, and you would have to restore it by buying parts with credits. Like the Used Car Showroom, it would rotate.
  • Return of A-spec points from GT4, and for certain milestones (ex: 1000 points, 2,500 points, 10,000 points, etc) you would receive a prize, such as an exclusive prize car, tuning parts, cash, etc.
  • Ability to negotiate the price of a car at a dealership. Sometimes, the negotiation wouldn't work, but rarely, you'd be able to negotiate a steep discount of the car's price.
  • Brand-specific tuning parts for certain cars. For example, Mugen exterior parts/wheels for Hondas, NISMO for Nissans, TRD/Toms for Toyotas, Brabus for Mercedes, etc.
  • Visual and mechanic damage in career mode.
  • Museum cards for every manufacturer, as well as tuner.
  • Drag Racing mode in online lobbies; rooms could choose between 1/4, 1/2, 1 mile drags, or top speed drags, such as 200mph or 250mph. The winner of the race would receive credits.
  • Ability to change who the host is in an online lobby.
  • Ability to for a car to completely break down (a used car with high mileage would do this faster than a brand new car) and require a restoration in order to fix it.

VR Support, dynamic weather and day nigh cycle, temperature tyres and engine and engine overhaul as nascar and formula coming back and 24 h le mans too, better physics, sounds.... In addition to what you written already

This is going to be long:

Kaz has stated this game is going to be a combination of every Gran Turismo game that existed before and will be a big step for the future as well.

So what I want is basically a combination of the BEST things of all the Gran Turismo games of the past:

1. Cars
-Obivously... Who didn't see this coming? We are fans of cars, and what made for example the likes of GT2 and GT4 such sucessful games, was the vast number and variety of cars, as well as some of those unique ones that you didn't know about it until you played those games.
So basically, I want variety, a good one, of road cars and racing cars. Especially the later. GTS was so focused on it's own road-turned-racing/rally cars that we as fans just couldn't care less about and wanted more real life racing cars that we are fans of.
The Vision cars for example. It's fine to have them, but IMO they should have their own sub-menu AND their own events. I really, really don't like seeing races with mixture of Group C and/or LMP1 and then these Vision Gr.1 cars in a race track. I don't mind real-life LMP1 + Gr. C cars racing each other, but putting fictional cars in the mix just doesn't cut it for me. What I don't mind being fictional are the tracks, especially good ones like High Speed Ring, Grand Valey and Trial Mountain.

2. Tracks
-Again, everyone saw it coming. However, I am not going to be worried about this because Monza, Suzuka, Fuji, La Sarthe, Nurburgring, Monaco, Laguna Seca and other well known real life circuits (and their own good fictional ones, eg. Trial Mountain) are going to be in the game.

3. Career mode like Gran Turismo 4 and/or Gran Turismo 5.
-License Tests, that are somewhat challenging and are actually meaningfull, that you really need them to do a Special mission or event or even a race. Special events like the Driving Missions Gran Turismo 4 had or the Special Events that Gran Turismo 5 had. The Rally event in GT5 actually wasn't that bad, it was just easy and small, but it was a good step up from previous (and successor) games.
Races of all kinds with the nostalgic FF, FR, MR, Sunday, Clubman cups etc... Throwing into there some Formula Series with 15 races+ like Gran Turismo 4 had with it's FGT event, some NASCAR or some other event of a certain type of vehicle to make it feel unique.

4. Tuning
-We know basic components (engine upg, turbos, etc) tuning is going to return, but I am also expecting a big improvement on skirts, wings, spliters like we had in GT5's GT auto, but on a much larger number of cars. I also have the feel I'm not going to be disappointed with this.

6. Prize cars / money / grinding.
-We want to do GT League events and actually WIN something that they were worth their time and effort. Gran Turismo 4 for 90% of it's events actually gave us very good cars after we completed an event. Not like Gran Turismo 5 where you won totally random cars in big events, like the 24hr of Nurburgring in B-Spec where you won a McLaren MP4-12C that you could've just bought for 200k credits. Or a Catterham Fireblade from winning the FGT championship. Most of those, including from GT6 as well, were just downright insulting.
And then there's grinding methods. They HAVE to change. Prize money from championships and each individual race has to actually be WORTH it, if you are going to include TEN 20 million credit cars. Seasonal events are not an option and giving 2x the money for being online isn't either because those will disappear once Online servers shut down and for those who want to start the game at a later stage or play it again, it will be just horrible.

7. B-Spec.
-Return of B-Spec, with it being a mixture of GT4s and GT5s. NOT having duplicate events (1 for A-Spec and 1 for B-Spec) but to have the B-Spec driver actually drive for us when we get tired, especially in those 24hr long endurance races. But of course, with the ability to raise the ability of our B-Spec driver like we did in GT5. And this also helps with grinding.

8. Difficulty
-I don't want the entire game to be difficult. Not all of us (most actually) have the time to actually be good to do so many super hard challenges or have money to buy a wheel (like doing Diamond in the Hamilton challenges in GTS), but I want there to be exist a couple or so challenges were we actually have to work for them, challenges that makes us grief so much but that after we acomplish them, we feel super satisfied and proud. Again, the Hamilton DLC, the Vettel Red Bull X challenges in GT5, the Mission 34 in GT4, I want a few events that are actually really, really hard to do.

That's what I want, mostly, from this game. Couldn't care less about Online... But if it's like GTS, it's a bonus.

PS: A non-broken PENALTY system is also really a huge requirement. :)

Given that Dirt 5 has a 120 fps option (https://dirtgame.com/dirt5) I don't know of any reason why GT7 could not also have it as an option in addition to the default mode of 60 fps or whatever it happens to be. Time will tell... Perhaps the option if it exists would limit the resolution to 1080p.

Last edited:
Given that Dirt 5 has a 120 fps option (https://dirtgame.com/dirt5) I don't know of any reason why GT7 could not also have it as an option in addition to the default mode of 60 fps or whatever it happens to be. Time will tell... Perhaps the option if it exists would limit the resolution to 1080p.

Because we know PD, they will push the graphical qualities to the limit. A rally game is also far less demanding generally, with only one car on screen, no AI etc.

Back