The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

Such a random one this, but here goes...

The option to toggle cigarette and alcohol advertising on historic racers. I understand this is a game for all ages but for the sake of authenticity at least give those over the age of 18 a choice. I’m aware these vices are now banned in real world motorsport advertising but something about rewriting history just doesn’t sit well with me.

Examples include the “Racing” text on the Porsche 962, the barcodes used in place for the iconic Martini liveries and the crowns used instead of the company logo for the utterly sublime black and gold John Player Special liveries. To me it just breaks the sense of immersion. Given the amount of user created remakes on GT Sport it’s fairly obvious we prefer the real deal.

Just because I see Silk Cut on a Jaguar XJR9 doesn’t exactly mean I want to immediately go out and buy a pair of smokes. At the very least how about a disclaimer with a health warning should you choose to toggle the vice branding on?

For what it’s worth, PDI are apparently okay with Ueno Clinic on the McLaren F1 GTR. Not a vice per se but it does raise a smile!
The branding isn't intended to imply sponsorship so I don't know why it's an issue. I mean if it's for the sake of authenticity then surely they can get away with it. At least that's what I'd say in court. But what do I know about the law...

@Razamataz if they add all the wish list items regarding livery creation from this thread, then there shouldn't be a problem to create even more authentic liveries.

As it stands I see no need for it. You can make it yourself or download it from the Discovery page.

I've made my fair share of Marlboro and Rothmans liveries. ;)

I'd say the major thing I'd like is realistic transmissions and assists. In this regard, you wouldn't be able to pick between AT/MT and have it apply to all cars, but rather, it'd be on a car-by-car basis, and would include the ability to map a button for the clutch. You'd be unable to shift manually in say, the Supra A90, but you'd be able to do so in a car that uses a manual, or a sequential manual. Similarly, if a car doesn't come stock with ABS, TCS, and other stuff like being able to control the BB and FM, you'd have to buy a part to do that.

I also think the "look back" button could be replaced with looking around with one of the sticks, which would include the ability to, well, look back if you pulled it all the way towards you. But instead of it "clicking" into a rear view (like it does in GTS), I'd allow the camera to have the whole 360-degrees of movement, if that makes sense.

Also, a rear-view mirror for the hood camera would be fantastic, and I'm quite hopeful that the PS5's additional processing power would offer us a higher chance of getting that feature.

I'd say the major thing I'd like is realistic transmissions and assists. In this regard, you wouldn't be able to pick between AT/MT and have it apply to all cars, but rather, it'd be on a car-by-car basis, and would include the ability to map a button for the clutch. You'd be unable to shift manually in say, the Supra A90, but you'd be able to do so in a car that uses a manual, or a sequential manual. Similarly, if a car doesn't come stock with ABS, TCS, and other stuff like being able to control the BB and FM, you'd have to buy a part to do that.

I also think the "look back" button could be replaced with looking around with one of the sticks, which would include the ability to, well, look back if you pulled it all the way towards you. But instead of it "clicking" into a rear view (like it does in GTS), I'd allow the camera to have the whole 360-degrees of movement, if that makes sense.

Also, a rear-view mirror for the hood camera would be fantastic, and I'm quite hopeful that the PS5's additional processing power would offer us a higher chance of getting that feature.

What about "automatic" cars with flappy paddles? Would you be able to switch between manual and auto in race?

And the rear view with R3 stick works now in GT Sport. Admittedly it isn't 360 degrees as you suggest, but it does look left and right, up and back. So it would be a nice progression.

More info in the digital race gauges. Since we're our own engineer and racer, fuel and lap counter are a must for all race cars. Some cars have all the necessary/vital info in their gauges, but some just have lap times and that's not enough.

Let's see if the new SSD can handle a 60 km long track...

https://www.gtplanet.net/rumor-isle-of-man-tt-course-considered-for-gran-turismo-7/
Rumor: Isle of Man TT Course Considered for Gran Turismo 7
"UPDATE: GTPlanet users who live on the Isle of Man are reporting that a Gran Turismo team was spotted at the airport. Police have also informed local residents that this service vehicle would be driven slowly around the circuit over the next two weeks by “Japanese technicians”."

That random Isle of Man TT Subaru addition looks less crazy now...

Custom race category and regulation options:

- select Country only
- select engine/electric aspiration
- select engine capacity(4-cylinder, 6-cylinder, 8-cylinder, etc)
- select drivetrain(RWD, AWD, MR, FF, FR, RR)
- select Multi-class Group
- select teammate(s) up to 3

Add this to online lobby filters as well.

On the most basic level, you can finally have RWD only drag lobbies instead of trusting people to obey and then having to deal with language barriers when someone doesnt understand the title and pulls up in a generic R34 GT-R.

Prize cars definitely need to come back for getting Gold in events. I know GT Sport had the daily workout prize cars but winning cars from events gives them so much more value and makes playing the events much more worthwhile. Also more events dedicated to rally (kind of like the GT4 Rally Events) would be much loved.

I really want the original track to come back.I can play in silverstone in a lot of games, but only GT has Autumn ring、、、、
I hope GT7 will offer some very treasured cars as prizes that are not available in stores.Just like before, the yellow FD-BR in GT3.
These cars can be presented as prizes with different competition activities based on different themes. Something like the FORZA Horizon.
Of course,it requires GT7 to have enough cars...
But it can also be a special tuned car.
Imagine, it is rumored that if you complete this week's midnight SSR11 race, you will get the 1000PS blue "DEVIL Z"~

Last edited:
I really want the original track to come back.I can play in silverstone in a lot of games, but only GT has Autumn ring、、、、
I hope GT7 will offer some very treasured cars as prizes that are not available in stores.Just like before, the yellow FD-BR in GT3.
These cars can be presented as prizes with different competition activities based on different themes. Something like the FORZA Horizon.
Of course,it requires GT7 to have enough cars...
But it can also be a special tuned car.
Imagine, it is rumored that if you complete this week's midnight SSR11 race, you will get the 1000PS blue "DEVIL Z"~

Yea, original tracks need to come back too. I'd wanna see PS2 era tracks like Costa di Amalfi and El Capitain, or even some PS3 era like Cape Ring with the PS5 graphics.

1. A game that can be played without an internet connection. Keep the connected aspect for only the online racing part of the game. GT Sport is basically useless without an internet connection, and will be useless in the future when PD/Sony turn the GT Sport servers off. :banghead:`
  2. More cars.
  3. More tracks.
  4. Races that can have a lot more cars on track.
  5. Races than can have multiple race categories at the same time.
  6. Better and more realistic tyre performance.
  7. Some offline races needing more strategy, fuel, pit stops etc.
  8. Full screen replays.
  9. More options for car tuning and customisation, even if only for the offline game.
  10. Improved livery editor.
  11. Decals save to users Playstation so as designs not ruined if original uploaders delete decals.
  12. Transferable livery designs to the new game if the same car exists in the new game. Suite and helmet designs should transfer.
  13. Better offline AI, with realistic performance by the AI cars, suddenly get faster on the last lap for example is not tool realistic. Maybe tunable AI.
  14. In game races that start from a standing start. I hate the rolling start where you are potentially 20 seconds behind before you cross the line. Same for online races, too much space between cars on the rolling starts. They changed that for some GT live tournaments, but have not implemented that for normal users afaik. Was there ever an in game race that started from a standing start? :confused:
  15. More control over custom races. Choice of allowed cars for races, choice of tyre changes etc.
  16. Duplicate cars have a value.
  17. The mileage exchange needs be made more use of, or ditched.
Just some things that come to mind, but #1 is the most important one imho.

1. How about improved Racing Control, Ie. punishing the right offender including exclusion from race, having to lift for a yellow flag, virtual safety cars etc

2. how about Dynamic Weather

3. daily races being tuned to the finest possible car setup for a given track and daily races being daily races not weekly races

4. somehow the gap between drivers with wheels and joypads has to be managed - yes I know wheel men will say - Get one then! - but not everyone can afford them and for one game it makes no sense

5. greater support for VR

6. a rear view mirror available in all camera locations

7. A genuinely new game engine not a rehash of the rehash powering GT Sport now

8. More Cars yes bring back the used cars and the ability to sell gifted cars or indeed gift them to other players

9. Ability to carry over an account from GT Sport to GT 7

10. The developer to be a bit more accessible to the fan base

I hope the game lives up to the hype the Sony PR machine will generate

1. How about improved Racing Control, Ie. punishing the right offender including exclusion from race, having to lift for a yellow flag, virtual safety cars etc

2. how about Dynamic Weather

3. daily races being tuned to the finest possible car setup for a given track and daily races being daily races not weekly races

4. somehow the gap between drivers with wheels and joypads has to be managed - yes I know wheel men will say - Get one then! - but not everyone can afford them and for one game it makes no sense

5. greater support for VR

6. a rear view mirror available in all camera locations

7. A genuinely new game engine not a rehash of the rehash powering GT Sport now

8. More Cars yes bring back the used cars and the ability to sell gifted cars or indeed gift them to other players

9. Ability to carry over an account from GT Sport to GT 7

10. The developer to be a bit more accessible to the fan base

I hope the game lives up to the hype the Sony PR machine will generate

Yea, I really missed gifting cars from back in GT5, although I do remember that being limited to 1,000,000 credits. Used cars also need to come back. It gives cars so much more value because of how rare they can be to find.

Yea, I really missed gifting cars from back in GT5, although I do remember that being limited to 1,000,000 credits. Used cars also need to come back. It gives cars so much more value because of how rare they can be to find.
Would be awesome to find a low mileage GTO '84, rather than a "0" mileage car, brand new, out of the showroom, in 2020.

How about an '83 AE86 already fitted with TE37SLVs? That'd be an awesome find in the UCD.

Would be awesome to find a low mileage GTO '84, rather than a "0" mileage car, brand new, out of the showroom, in 2020.

How about an '83 AE86 already fitted with TE37SLVs? That'd be an awesome find in the UCD.

Yea or a rare Subie 22b just lying around. I remember always forgetting to change the oil on the used cars after buying one and taking it to race only to see the oil light on. LOL

Let's see if the new SSD can handle a 60 km long track...

https://www.gtplanet.net/rumor-isle-of-man-tt-course-considered-for-gran-turismo-7/
Rumor: Isle of Man TT Course Considered for Gran Turismo 7
"UPDATE: GTPlanet users who live on the Isle of Man are reporting that a Gran Turismo team was spotted at the airport. Police have also informed local residents that this service vehicle would be driven slowly around the circuit over the next two weeks by “Japanese technicians”."

That random Isle of Man TT Subaru addition looks less crazy now...
Hold up... DOES THAT MEAN WE'RE GETTING AN ISLE OF MAN SPECIAL EVENT IN GT7????

What about "automatic" cars with flappy paddles? Would you be able to switch between manual and auto in race?

No, I’d have it either operate as an AT or a sequential MT depending on whether the car seems sporty or not, but if I had to pick, I’d probably just make them AT, since I heard a lot of modern ATs are more efficient - both in terms of fuel-effeciency and power - than human timing. At the least, I’d trust PD’s discretion. In an ideal world, I’d make AT or sequential MT an option in the transmission settings, so you could pick either, but not during a race.

EDIT: Maybe they could do that thing you could do in GT4, where even if you’re driving AT, you can still hold down the shifting buttons to have manual control over the shifts.

Last edited:
I would like an overhaul of the way Polyphony Digital handle historic and classic content. PD don't seem to be aware that historic racing is one of the fastest growing sectors of motorsport, with the result that the historic content is over priced and doesn't appear to be intended for racing - it doesn't have to be just for collecting.

There should be a proper historic career, with events and championships covering different eras - some one make, multi-make, multi-class etc. I would add some historic F1, F2 and F3 content together with saloons, GT cars and Le Mans cars.

1. Abolish or split Group X and tie the historic classes to a year so that period correct cars can race together. e.g. 67LM would contain Ford Mark 4, Ferrari 330P4 and Jaguar XJ13. 67GT would contain GT cars which raced with the 67LM cars such as Shelby GT350 Mustang and Chevrolet Corvette C2.

If PD went down this path it could steer their historic car selection process - at the moment it looks totally random, but with a little bit of effort the results could be so good. For example 72GT would contain the Chevrolet Corvette C3, De Tomaso Pantera and Ferrari 365 GTB4. There are currently no LM cars to make a logical multi-class group with those, but it would be easy enough to add appropriate cars.

2. Cars with removable tops in the game to be implemented as open top cars, but with a choice of tops. e.g. Shelby Cobra open as now, but with a choice of Le Mans hardtop, standard hardtop or softtop or keep open. Another example - Corvette C3 currently comes with hardtop - implement open - the player chooses open or closed and then goes to the livery editor etc.

3. Return of Race Modifications - or alternatively list both cars and let people choose.

4. Race items to include roll cages, removal of bumpers / addition of jacking points like we used to have with the Shelby Cobra.

5. Custom Races - ability to select the tyres to be used by self and the AI - at the moment I can't use the historic content on realistic tyres unless I race online with friends (no way should these cars be on race rubber!). Ability to select liveries for the AI cars - the genius livery editors have created some marvellous ones and it is such a shame doing a custom race where for example every Ford Mark 4 looks the same.

6. Course Creator - like the livery editor, not something I would be clever enough to use, but the community is capable of great things and I would love to see what is possible.

To be honest, I didn't have red the whole thread, only the first 20/25 reactions I guess. So if it looks like I stole your idea or my idea is very similar to someone else, then I would say "We are on the same 'racing' line" !

(Open) Party Lobbies
There are a lot of users playing around online, just trolling other racers or have a laugh drifting a certain track while others try to do some hot laps.
I would like to see a certain skill/maturity level and when people are too much disturbing the joy of online racing, they could be banned for a certain time to only having fun in the Party Lobbies and not in the normal online mode. Everyone could have a moment of total madness once in a while, so it's open for all, with different kind of races.
From ReverseDriving races (with only the reverse and first gear enabled) to make fun courses with jumps, moving obstacles and gymkhana ish corses to play and drift around like a maniac !
With lobbies like this I hope the racing will be a bit more clean again in the normal Online Mode (where Drift courses could be possible too in my opinion)

Media Center/Hollow Visitor
As a hollow visitor you would be able to follow races, events and lobbies without being logged in the room inside GT7.
Inside the GT application on your phone or your home screen in GT7 you're able to enter dedicated rooms (big events) and enter the media center. You're able to enter the Media Center as a hollow visitor, nobody sees you you're peeking and watching the event/race. Inside the media center you're also able to watch the telemetry of the users on track. Room numbers are free to share for online gamers who are streaming on twitch or YouTube, Media center could be ran as second screen then

Telemetry
As mentioned above, telemetry would be very helpful for serious racers to improve their skills. After every completed session (set a minimal of 1 lap time + enter end session) your data is ready to take an insight of your improvements. Inside the replay section you're able to record and save your replay + telemetry 1/3, 1/2 or translucent in screen. And in the media section too of course.

Career Cars
Everyone remembers their favourite 1st career car in previous GT games. The Mazda Demio's, Honda Jazz or Mazda 333 Fastback, I don't remember it that correctly, but those beaters made previous GT games so awesome.

In Career Car you could set up your first car budget, your goal you want to reach after 100 (completed) races and you are able to save up your career progress till 3 slots simultaneously, to compare your progress over the 3 different careers you started. You're able to only continue one saved career (after the 100th race count) and the other 2 parallel careers will be lost forever. (Till the moment you decide to start all over again).

I want GT7 to be a traditional gran turismo game. Gt sport in my opinion was the weakest gt since GT2. It was basically a esports focused game and they decided to focus their attention towards that small group of people that gives a damn about esports while the rest of us wanting the traditional gt game. Don't get me wrong, gt sport did some things right. The physics were the best we ever had in gt game, the engine sounds as well, graphics were beautiful and we finally got a livery editor. But other than that the fun factor just wasn't there. Getting rid of cars, tracks and features that people loved in past gt games was a huge mistake. When Sony announces the PS5 i hope GT7 is shown off and its classic gran turismo. Bring back old features and expand on them. Also introduce new things as well of course. Here's my wishlist:

•Used cars - This was something that made the gran turismo games unique. Nothing like buying a car and having to change the oil on it and give it a car wash. Maybe they could expand on this and implement online into it. Whenever someone sells a car the game will calculate everything that player has done to the car and that's how I'll end up being priced.

•Muti class racing - something i been wanting to see in gt game for awhile. This would really be fun online.

•Shuffle racing

•Many more tracks - In my opinion a track list is more important than a car list. Yes there's plenty of cars in gt sport to drive but not many tracks. Bring back the real circuits we had in past gt games like Daytona, indy, motegi, along with other real world circuits like long Beach, Sebring, hockenheim, lime rock, and etc. Finally bring back some fictional tracks like grand valley, trail mountain, test course, and midfield raceway.

•Engine swaps

•Better tuning

•Day to night transitions

•A much better career mode than traditional gt games. I would like it if we didn't have to necessarily finish every race in first and that's how we unlock more of the game. Maybe try something different instead. I just get tired of the same goal in every gt game. It's too basic. Also really make the career mode last awhile. Gives a ton to do. I don't wanna be done with the game in under a month.

•More livery decal saving space. Instead of only being able to save 1000 let us save 5000 instead. I think that would definitely be enough.

•Small details like the track rubbering up, leaves falling off the trees, and little marbles of tire rubber on the track. This would make gran turismo 7 look jaw dropping. No other racing game has done this besides project cars and it definitely gives the game life. With gran turismo already having beautiful graphics these little details would make the game look even better.

I want GT7 to be a traditional gran turismo game. Gt sport in my opinion was the weakest gt since GT2. It was basically a esports focused game and they decided to focus their attention towards that small group of people that gives a damn about esports while the rest of us wanting the traditional gt game. Don't get me wrong, gt sport did some things right. The physics were the best we ever had in gt game, the engine sounds as well, graphics were beautiful and we finally got a livery editor. But other than that the fun factor just wasn't there. Getting rid of cars, tracks and features that people loved in past gt games was a huge mistake. When Sony announces the PS5 i hope GT7 is shown off and its classic gran turismo. Bring back old features and expand on them. Also introduce new things as well of course. Here's my wishlist:

•Used cars - This was something that made the gran turismo games unique. Nothing like buying a car and having to change the oil on it and give it a car wash. Maybe they could expand on this and implement online into it. Whenever someone sells a car the game will calculate everything that player has done to the car and that's how I'll end up being priced.

•Muti class racing - something i been wanting to see in gt game for awhile. This would really be fun online.

•Shuffle racing

•Many more tracks - In my opinion a track list is more important than a car list. Yes there's plenty of cars in gt sport to drive but not many tracks. Bring back the real circuits we had in past gt games like Daytona, indy, motegi, along with other real world circuits like long Beach, Sebring, hockenheim, lime rock, and etc. Finally bring back some fictional tracks like grand valley, trail mountain, test course, and midfield raceway.

•Engine swaps

•Better tuning

•Day to night transitions

•A much better career mode than traditional gt games. I would like it if we didn't have to necessarily finish every race in first and that's how we unlock more of the game. Maybe try something different instead. I just get tired of the same goal in every gt game. It's too basic. Also really make the career mode last awhile. Gives a ton to do. I don't wanna be done with the game in under a month.

•More livery decal saving space. Instead of only being able to save 1000 let us save 5000 instead. I think that would definitely be enough.

•Small details like the track rubbering up, leaves falling off the trees, and little marbles of tire rubber on the track. This would make gran turismo 7 look jaw dropping. No other racing game has done this besides project cars and it definitely gives the game life. With gran turismo already having beautiful graphics these little details would make the game look even better.

Yea and also

• The Seasonal Events from GT5/6 - We eventually complete most normal events in GT Mode and then get bored. Seasonal events would be a good way to keep things fresh
  • Car customization in GT Auto and tuning - (I hate the mileage point system with the slider bar as it doesn't come close to tuning through individual parts like in the older games)
  • Original Circuits
  • B Spec - The B - Spec system in GT5 was the best with the leveling up of each of your drivers.
  • Prize cars for each events completion - (not like the roulette wheel in GT Sport where you see a Ferrari and then get a Renault Megane)
  • Elite Killa mentioned used cars. Various used car dealers like in GT4. (even an online dealership can be added like the one in GT5 for cars that you couldn't normally get)
  • More rally events

More real world driving roads, like they did with the Tokyo Expressway. Hakone skyline would be perfect, as well as any of Japan's other famous touges.
Imagine having them as free-roam lobbies that players can drop in and out of, hang out in the parking areas, drive with friends, etc.

My favorite parts of the first GT games were the mundane details that added realism, like searching for a used car at used car dealership, changing the oil, getting a car wash, etc. I'd love to see that nuanced attention to detail return.

I know I'm in the minority, but I love how much Polyphony used to geek out when it came to the cars. I loved the fact they had a bunch of different versions of the same car, and choosing an FTO GP version R over a GR or GPX always made me feel more connected to the car, and that it was my own. Being able to geek out over learning what difference trim levels made was always fun to me.

I love GT scapes, it would be really cool if they became functional, such as taking your R33 in for an oil change and watching it pull into a service bay at Nismo Omori factory for example, or choosing one as your home garage that would automatically display your current car in that setting for the main screen.

To me, I always felt that the Gran Turismo series was best when it just let itself be a game to turn people into automotive otaku. The insane attention to detail, the little nuances like the used car dealers with the rotating selection of cars, and the 5 versions of one model of Daihatsu Kei car.

Keep the GTsport series going for those who like to race, give Gran Turismo back to those of us who love cars and just want a huge detailed single player career so we can drive some of the world's best tracks and roads while staring at the inside of a Daihatsu Move Aerodown Custom through a VR headset.

Last edited:
Back