The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

I never played any of the old GT games so nothing I wish is fueled by nostalgia.
I still have wishes though.

Livery editor:
The ability to either use special colours on decals or to group decals together and use a colour picker and then make the colour fluorescent or chrome.
The ability to place decals on windows.
A possibility to move the number plates around, place them in a different part of the body or even on the windows.

Gameplay
I am not at all bothered by the lack of a single player part, in all games I played since BF 1942 and Cod I never played the single player part, it's the interaction with real people I like, I can't imagine me playing single player in GT7 either.
But I would love to have more daily races.
I want longer races with road cars, perhaps that could be race D, I would love classic race cars with fuel- and tire wear, perhaps as race E and I would love more specific sorting of cats in races, so hybrids and group C doesn't race each other (often).

Penalty System
Well, this is the one thing wrong with Sport mode as it is. Nothing teaches the new guys how to race and there is really no incentive to race clean.
So a system that evaluates the racer over time instead of per section would be great and help separate the dirty drivers from the rest of us.
If this is totally impossible for PD then shared fault is the only thing I see as a way out.

With AMD's announcement of FidelityFX (their answer to Nvidia's DLSS), I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to hope GT7 will be capable of 4k/120hz with ray traced reflections.

It's not the answer. DLSS using dedicated cores which the PS5 doesn't have.

Here are a few things I would like to see in GT7 that would instantly make me squee in delight...

• The current FIA championship series being renamed "Sprint Series" and longer races (~1h) being a new longer FIA championship ran on different days.
  • Touching the grass no longer makes the car feel like it is on ice for 20 seconds.i
  • A fix to the cars that have been rendered undrivable for the majority after BoP and physics changes (Ferrari Gr.3 and Alfa Gr.4 come to mind)
  • 1 or 2 minor tuning options for the online races. Nothing like ACC or iRacing, but something like the BB -5 /+5 scale for things like suspension stiffness from base.
  • An overhaul of the penalty system to make it similar to other games (multiple infractions gives a time penalty, not minor niggles).
  • Gold licenses need to be difficult without being infuriatingly difficult. This will be challenging to accomplish because what is "difficult" for one person may be easy for another.

The new AMD cards don't have any dedicated hardware for machine learning like Nvidia's tensor cores, so they're still way behind and DLSS 2.0 is still going to be a generation ahead of anything FidelityFX provides. 4k 120fps with RT reflections is unreasonable even on a 2080ti with DLSS 2.0. :crazy:
Damn. Anyway, I'm still going to hope. Insomniac pulled off Edit* - dynamic 4K60 with RT in an open world game at the very beginning of the generation and I believe a press release from AMD said they expect double the performance and I doubt they want a repeat of DLSS 1.0 so I'm just gonna sit here and fantasize.

Edit - or how about 1440p or 'dynamic 4K'? That might be possible, right? @Vspectra

Last edited:
Damn. Anyway, I'm still going to hope. Insomniac pulled off Edit* - dynamic 4K60 with RT in an open world game at the very beginning of the generation and I believe a press release from AMD said they expect double the performance and I doubt they want a repeat of DLSS 1.0 so I'm just gonna sit here and fantasize.

Edit - or how about 1440p or 'dynamic 4K'? That might be possible, right? @Vspectra
I think possible is performance mode 1080p - 1200p 120fps without rt. Also keep in mind that in racing game with quite fixed camera rt is not so essential, you can have similar effects (tough not physics correct) using high quality ssr + cubemaps and have more resources for higher details etc.

Last edited:
Insomniac pulled off Edit* - dynamic 4K60 with RT in an open world game at the very beginning of the generation

Miles Morales is 4K60 without RT. It’s 4K30 or 1080p60 if you want RT while you play

Miles Morales is 4K60 without RT. It’s 4K30 or 1080p60 if you want RT while you play
It's way more than 1080p, though. Check the digital foundry video. I think it was more 1440p. Anyway, Digital Foundry said it fluctuated between the two but stayed around 1440p for the most part. And I think it went pretty damn high in cutscenes.

Anyway, @snc is right, ray tracing isn't necessary. I'm not even sure we saw any outside of the garage scene in the trailer. I definitely want 120fps, though. And Polyphony mentioned ray tracing so I thought it might be possible but I guess not.

Last edited:

snc
I think possible is performance mode 1080p - 1200p 120fps without rt. Also keep in mind that in racing game with quite fixed camera rt is not so essential, you can have similar effects (tough not physics correct) using high quality ssr + cubemaps and have more resources for higher details etc.

yeah I’d say 1080-1440p with no ray-tracing at 120fps is doable.

Spider-Man runs at 1080-1440p at 60fps with raytracing. Without raytracing Spider-Man can run at native 4K 30fps or mostly close to 4K 60fps. The impressive thing about Spider-man's RT reflections is the insane draw distance the skyscraper reflections have, they shoot the rays far out and pretty much render the whole city again in those RT reflections when high up on the glass buildings. So at most Polyphony can probably pull off native 4K 60fps with RT reflections since you're always on the ground in their game, and they won't ever need to have the draw-distance of their reflections that Spider-man has.

GT7 is targetting 60fps. There won't be 120fps at all.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/gran-turismo-7/

Kaz said in early 2020 that he is looking to bring 120fps to the series.

“In terms of frames per second, rather than staying at 60 fps, I’m more interested in raising it to 120 fps or even 240 fps. I think that’s what’s going to be changing the experience from here on forward.”

I know how Kaz can be and it's not an official statement but I think he is right to shoot for high fps. Black Ops: Cold War did it, as did Siege and Destiny 2, and even the single player game Devil May Cry 5 has 120 fps. So I think it is well within the realm of possibility that it will be an option.

“In terms of frames per second, rather than staying at 60 fps, I’m more interested in raising it to 120 fps or even 240 fps. I think that’s what’s going to be changing the experience from here on forward.”

I know how Kaz can be and it's not an official statement but I think he is right to shoot for high fps. Black Ops: Cold War did it, as did Siege and Destiny 2, and even the single player game Devil May Cry 5 has 120 fps. So I think it is well within the realm of possibility that it will be an option.

I think it makes sense as an option for competitive play with Sport mode, and I hope thats what he means. From what I've learned about 120FPS from playing on PC sims, is that it may not look any better on a 60hz screen, but its a night and day difference in your force feedback on your wheel. Feels like it also reduces overall controller latency by a lot too.

From the prospective of still wanting to see visual upgrades to what we saw in GT Sport, I really do hope its just an option. I don't think I would personally trade the interior LOD's still looking like a blurry mess like in GT Sport, in-exchange for 120FPS.

Last edited:
I think it makes sense as an option for competitive play with Sport mode, and I hope thats what he means. From what I've learned about 120FPS from playing on PC sims, is that it may not look any better on a 60hz screen, but its a night and day difference in your force feedback on your wheel. Feels like it also reduces overall controller latency by a lot too.

From the prospective of still wanting to see visual upgrades to what we saw in GT Sport, I really do hope its just an option. I don't think I would personally trade the interior LOD's still looking like a blurry mess like in GT Sport, in-exchange for 120FPS.

I get it. I played the Cold War campaign on 60 because it looks better but I used 120 for my short time with the multiplayer.

I have a TV with HDMI 2.1 and even though I don't really notice the upgrade in Siege very much (the difference is much more subtle than going from 30 to 60), I noticed that my reaction time got better. I'm getting older so I'll take all the help I can get.

Last edited:
please gift the car we use for each track. Makes total sense to spend the time using those cars, that we earn them upon each completion.

Kaz says a lot of things that he wants to do, but doesn't. Officially as of now, the game is targetting 60fps.

Sorry if this was already mentioned here, but I need to say this by myself: I really want back the 1 Lap Magic missions, it's indeed a very creative way of doing a single lap race. Not only is it really fun to play, but it also requires an interesting variety of cars to fit on a specific theme. Because of these, it would be a pretty smart addition to GT7, and I honestly feel it's not impossible to happen.

yeah I’d say 1080-1440p with no ray-tracing at 120fps is doable.

Spider-Man runs at 1080-1440p at 60fps with raytracing. Without raytracing Spider-Man can run at native 4K 30fps or mostly close to 4K 60fps. The impressive thing about Spider-man's RT reflections is the insane draw distance the skyscraper reflections have, they shoot the rays far out and pretty much render the whole city again in those RT reflections when high up on the glass buildings. So at most Polyphony can probably pull off native 4K 60fps with RT reflections since you're always on the ground in their game, and they won't ever need to have the draw-distance of their reflections that Spider-man has.
I don't think there will be ray tracing at native 4k 60fps,i know that exclusive games are super optimized for that hardware but imho it's way to expensive for a ps5 (i think even a high end pc card like 3080 would struggle with that res and fps), with dynamic resolution or fixed 1440p 60fps it is a more realistic target with ray tracing on

Last edited:
Some simply livery editor changes that would open up a lot more possibilities:

1. Allow all texture settings for both paint and decals. Everything from metallic to matte, let us make this change to everything.

2. Allow custom colors for decals.

3. Allow texture settings per decal layer, not simply one setting for everything. This would allow the true artists to create some really complex compositions.

4. This one is a bit obscure but would be very helpful on certain cars. Designate different surface tiers on certain cars in certain areas. For example, the Viper's side vents. Even in the game where that vent's interior isn't modelled to its full depth there are still effective two tiers of body panel and there's no way to force a later to only apply to the second tier, as if the stripe for example were flowing out of the vent rather than simply being on top of it. The Viper's vent is deep and curved enough that it can take a whole hour just to patch-fill that vent so it appears the decal is coming out of the vent and it's still impossible to get it perfect. So if the livery editor allowed you to apply decals to "tier 1" or "tier 2" of overlapping panels, that would solve that problem.

The new AMD cards don't have any dedicated hardware for machine learning like Nvidia's tensor cores, so they're still way behind and DLSS 2.0 is still going to be a generation ahead of anything FidelityFX provides. 4k 120fps with RT reflections is unreasonable even on a 2080ti with DLSS 2.0. :crazy:

If they push ps5 at full power they might able to do 4k/60fps with ray tracing at same time, but 120fps at 4k with ray tracing is impossible. 60 fps in these conditions would already be a very big achievement for the hardware

it would be too much even for a PS5 in my opinion. That would force us to use 1080p and ray tracing or turn off RT in order to have fluid perfomance. But we will see, if they manage to maintain stable 4K 60FPS with RT in every race even with weather conditions and dynamic stuff that would be really a miracle. Maybe ps5 pro will be able to do native 4k 120 fps with ease if it get the double of the TFLOPS of the standard PS5

Last edited:
I'd likely do more daily races (or its GT7 equivalent) if the races didn't always allow every car from a given class, but rather made that a rare occurrence, and instead would frequently limit the eligible cars to a smaller group within a given class. For example, the Daily Races in GT Sport that only permitted the Group C racers within Gr.1. I could similarly see a daily race where you can only use one of the three LMP1 racers from 2016, between the TS050, 919, and R18.

Last edited:
I'd like to see sub-levels for manufacturer and car collection (similar to Manufacturer Affinity and the car level from Forza Motorsports 3 and 4) where it should work like this:

Something to boost incentive on racing and car collecting in the Simulation Mode, so that it's "more fun and less grind".

Manufacturer Level: Driving cars for a specific manufacturer and leveling up their loyalty will give you discounts on their cars, and there should be up to 25 levels for a total of 50% off for cars from whatever manufacturer you have maxed out on.

Car Collection Level: Collecting cars within the GT Simulation Mode will level your Car Collection Level, every Cr. 5,000,000 worth of cars (base value, no upgrades included) is enough to level up on that aspect, and just like the Manufacturer Level, there should also be up to 25 levels where if you max out your Car Collection Level, you will get up to 50% off on tuning parts.

Last edited:
I'd like to see sub-levels for manufacturer and car collection (similar to Manufacturer Affinity and the car level from Forza Motorsports 3 and 4) where it should work like this:

Something to boost incentive on racing and car collecting in the Simulation Mode, so that it's "more fun and less grind".

Manufacturer Level: Driving cars for a specific manufacturer and leveling up their loyalty will give you discounts on their cars, and there should be up to 25 levels for a total of 50% off for cars from whatever manufacturer you have maxed out on.

Car Collection Level: Collecting cars within the GT Simulation Mode will level your Car Collection Level, every Cr. 5,000,000 worth of cars (base value, no upgrades included) is enough to level up on that aspect, and just like the Manufacturer Level, there should also be up to 25 levels where if you max out your Car Collection Level, you will get up to 50% off on tuning parts.
I'm thinking about manufacturer affinity related to GT's existing manufacturer stuff like events and/or history. Or even unite history and events as manufacturer career? (though it won't sit well with those who only wants for events, including me at times when urgent).

I'm thinking about manufacturer affinity related to GT's existing manufacturer stuff like events and/or history. Or even unite history and events as manufacturer career? (though it won't sit well with those who only wants for events, including me at times when urgent).
My idea would be to simply bring back the manufacturer-exclusive events from GT4, and they'd be found under each brand, just like in GT4. This would also mean adding Red Bull as a brand, and there'd be a one-make series for the X2014 Jr., X2014, and X2019 Competition. All three would involve a round at the Red Bull Ring, of course. I honestly loved that idea from GT4, and I think that even if you just used the premium models from the PS3-era and GT Sport, you'd still have tons of potential - let alone the cars that will likely be either new to the series in GT7, or will be updated to the new standard.

Speaking of which, I also like this one idea I had, where in GT4, GT5, and GT6, the prize cars had a theme that tied into the event, and I think this could actually be combined with the random prize cars of GT3 and GTS. By that, I mean some events could have a single prize car like in 4/5/6, but some could have multiple prize cars that all tie into the theme of the event, and one would be picked as a prize. So for example, let's say the Nissan GT-R Cup returns in GT7. The prize car could be a random tuned GT-R, like the Amuse Carbon R, or the Autech 40th Anniversary Version, and not necessarily a GT-R tuned by Nismo.

I would, however, do what GT6 and GTS did in allowing all cars to be purchased from the dealership - with prize cars being a good way to save credits. I also liked how in GT6, you could pick the color of the prize car right there. But then again, I also sort of liked that voucher system in GT5. Hmmm....

As another note, I'd really like it if all premium cars returned from the PS3 era, with exceptions made for those that may be harder to license. (E.g. the Ferrari F10 and F2007.) I also would hope they all have cockpit views, including the VGTs, and we wouldn't have any non-VGT concept cars that never had cockpits, like the Toyota FT-86 II or the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept. That said, I would hope CALTY or someone could draw up a cockpit for the latter, as I do like the big idea behind the concept. I also would omit most premium concept cars that've had production-spec versions, such as the BMW 1-Series tii, though I would still keep the FT-86 and FT-1, as they seem different enough. Finally, I'd replace the GR Supra Gr.4 with an actual GT4-spec Supra A90, or at least update the cockpit so it's not just the same as the road car.

I also think that with Toyota as a partner, there's some real potential for a GR-themed special event in GT7. I'm hoping the GR010 will come to the series as a Gr.1 car, but I think it's too new to make it into GT7. Even then, I think there could be a series of events with more and more powerful GR-themed cars, such as the TS050, or the SF19, as both of those do indeed had GR involved. Meanwhile, on the other end of things, you could start off with stages where you drive the Toyota 86 GRMN, and then after that, one of the GR Supra models. Heck, you could even have the Lexus LFA from the N24 serve as a Gr.3 entry, as that was also a GR car from what I recall.

EDIT: There's also some serious potential to see the return of the Sport Truck Race event. Not only did GTS introduce the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and Toyota Tundra TRD Pro, but they could easily be complimented by the Dodge RAM Rebel and Chevrolet Colorado ZR2. And that's before we get into the potential to see more SUVs/crossovers, as we already had the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque in GT6. We could have that get complimented by the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, the Lamborghini Urus, the Porsche Macan Turbo S, the Jaguar F-Pace SVR, and likely other sporty SUVs, like the Ford Edge ST, BMW X3M Competition, or the Mercedes GLA-63 AMG. I'd also hope Land Rover gets slightly expanded, possibly with a classic Defender.

Last edited:
My idea would be to simply bring back the manufacturer-exclusive events from GT4, and they'd be found under each brand, just like in GT4. This would also mean adding Red Bull as a brand, and there'd be a one-make series for the X2014 Jr., X2014, and X2019 Competition. All three would involve a round at the Red Bull Ring, of course. I honestly loved that idea from GT4, and I think that even if you just used the premium models from the PS3-era and GT Sport, you'd still have tons of potential - let alone the cars that will likely be either new to the series in GT7, or will be updated to the new standard.

Speaking of which, I also like this one idea I had, where in GT4, GT5, and GT6, the prize cars had a theme that tied into the event, and I think this could actually be combined with the random prize cars of GT3 and GTS. By that, I mean some events could have a single prize car like in 4/5/6, but some could have multiple prize cars that all tie into the theme of the event, and one would be picked as a prize. So for example, let's say the Nissan GT-R Cup returns in GT7. The prize car could be a random tuned GT-R, like the Amuse Carbon R, or the Autech 40th Anniversary Version, and not necessarily a GT-R tuned by Nismo.

I would, however, do what GT6 and GTS did in allowing all cars to be purchased from the dealership - with prize cars being a good way to save credits. I also liked how in GT6, you could pick the color of the prize car right there. But then again, I also sort of liked that voucher system in GT5. Hmmm....

As another note, I'd really like it if all premium cars returned from the PS3 era, with exceptions made for those that may be harder to license. (E.g. the Ferrari F10 and F2007.) I also would hope they all have cockpit views, including the VGTs, and we wouldn't have any non-VGT concept cars that never had cockpits, like the Toyota FT-86 II or the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept. That said, I would hope CALTY or someone could draw up a cockpit for the latter, as I do like the big idea behind the concept. I also would omit most premium concept cars that've had production-spec versions, such as the BMW 1-Series tii, though I would still keep the FT-86 and FT-1, as they seem different enough. Finally, I'd replace the GR Supra Gr.4 with an actual GT4-spec Supra A90, or at least update the cockpit so it's not just the same as the road car.

I also think that with Toyota as a partner, there's some real potential for a GR-themed special event in GT7. I'm hoping the GR010 will come to the series as a Gr.1 car, but I think it's too new to make it into GT7. Even then, I think there could be a series of events with more and more powerful GR-themed cars, such as the TS050, or the SF19, as both of those do indeed had GR involved. Meanwhile, on the other end of things, you could start off with stages where you drive the Toyota 86 GRMN, and then after that, one of the GR Supra models. Heck, you could even have the Lexus LFA from the N24 serve as a Gr.3 entry, as that was also a GR car from what I recall.

EDIT: There's also some serious potential to see the return of the Sport Truck Race event. Not only did GTS introduce the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and Toyota Tundra TRD Pro, but they could easily be complimented by the Dodge RAM Rebel and Chevrolet Colorado ZR2. And that's before we get into the potential to see more SUVs/crossovers, as we already had the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque in GT6. We could have that get complimented by the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, the Lamborghini Urus, the Porsche Macan Turbo S, the Jaguar F-Pace SVR, and likely other sporty SUVs, like the Ford Edge ST, BMW X3M Competition, or the Mercedes GLA-63 AMG. I'd also hope Land Rover gets slightly expanded, possibly with a classic Defender.
Yeah I said there, GT's existing manufacturer events, and that's not only in GT4 but GT2 too. Brand Central is a step in the right direction though for putting the brand in significance again like GT1/GT2/GT4 with their brand menus (GT5/GT6's brand only leads to the car selection). The X series in Red Bull are listed under Gran Turismo brand, and so far the GT brand hasn't listed as one of the brands in dealership menu (not in GT3/GT4 in their F1 cars), only in GT5/GT6 where as I said above the brand only lists the car selection.

I wish the prize cars suits the theme of the events, and I don't think that the prize cars suit the theme in those games, like in GT5 where you get Caterham 7 for Formula GT. Random prize cars also exist in GT1 and GT2 (GT3 allows it to be animated) and to a lesser extent some GT5 vouchers. I think I'd want the more expensive cars to be used as prize cars. The voucher system yeah allows the car to be received sooner or later and the color system in GT6 is what it should be although older games has special colors for the prize cars, but now GT can change car colors so that'd be more obsolete now.

Of course GT should bring back as much cars as possible (esp. GT2 ones), but you mean as in keeping the quality of the cars in PS3 mode? Well big no, it'd just be like PS2 Standard cars vs PS3 Premium again, the difference between PS3 and PS4 is significant enough as seen in this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gts-vs-gt6-cars-comparison.370800/

Went back to play some GT6 recently...
The return of B-Spec, but with some extra steps:
  • The ability to create two drivers, with their own helmet/racing suit design.
  • Allow control over up to two vehicles at once
  • Set up each driver's initial fuel load & tire selection
  • Control each driver's MFD settings including Brake Bias and Fuel Mapping on the fly
  • All AI match your driving assists and have a chance of lockups on ABS Weak / ABS None depending on difficulty (setting)
I really just want the single player and non-sport-mode gameplay to be built up a little more. The custom races and mission challenges are excellent bases to start with, but I feel like they have the potential for more.

For Custom Race:
  • Set mandatory tires and tire restrictions for both the player and AI.
  • Random initial fuel load for AI in races with fuel consumption (setting)
  • AI allowed to select tires different tires (RH, RM and RS) in races with tire wear
  • Multiclass racing, or split grid of two or more different cars
  • Manually adjust power/weight of AI drivers (+Power/-Weight)
  • AI can choose from player created or PD created liveries
Online & Other stuff:
  • Northern Isle Festival layouts, or circuit layouts using them for time trial and other racing
  • Time Rally Mode for all tracks using cars in a similar PP range
  • Lap time targets for Free Run based on previous optimal times. Hitting the target provides XP or credits, since you can't get either in this mode.
  • Coffee break events that can be done in any car and any track (hit the cones, don't hit the barriers, etc.). Gran Turismo Arena makes a return with some randomly generated coffee break events
  • Shuffle racing
  • Track path editor. I miss it so much.
  • BB Raceway Daily becomes a thing

Last edited:
PD absolutely read this forum

Seems weird to quote this specific part of the first thread post at this stage but I really want to know. Does someone from PD actually read these forums? Are there any clues or proof of it? I don't even know if I'm asking too much, but curiosity really got me on this one.

Last edited:
Back