The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

A small enhancement wish for livery editor - The able to have numbers with leading zeroes that are are displayed on the number board and above the car.

Currently if you create a livery and try to set it with car number 00, it will display as 0. If you create a livery with a number 05, it will display as 5. 007 displays as 7. And so on...

It would be a nice feature to have - a few major racing series would allow cars with both 5 and 05 (for example) to be entered in the same race.

One wish doesn’t appear to be coming true: drivetrain separation in Gr.4. The WRX can be seen racing in the 2021 trailer.
Just have to hope PD allow the tools to pick cars for AI, in Custom Race and drivetrain options in Lobbies.

I would definitely love to see some endurance style races for online play. At the moment it's possible in private lobby but I would love if they made it a part of the official races or series. Obviously I wouldn't expect 6+ hour online races but perhaps 2 hours in an endurance exclusive race or series for players that would enjoy it with maybe sped up day / night cycle.

Ability to turn on and off your car's engine (to start a session, when you spin and stall, or when pitting). This is in ACC and it adds so much immersion for being such a simple feature.

Drag Racing Support, primarily for online.

An engineer/race strategist/spotter on the radio.

Scalable difficulty/length for career mode races to earn more credits and have more fun.

Ability to choose liveries for each AI in a race.

Track day mode. Basically practice but AI cars drive around the course with a variety of different vehicles. Also available online.

Improved car dealership viewer. No more blank background. Lets see each car on a showroom floor with sunshine beaming in through glass with ray tracing.

Some kind of useful safety stat in addition to the Racing rank stat.

More online 'seasons/tournaments' besides just the FIA stuff. Like have a Prototype drivers cup, or a GT Masters Cup. And give out collectible trophies for these.

Customizable 'my garage/home'. Let us design something like a Jay Leno garage where we keep all our cars stored and can view all the trophies we won.

Ability to turn on and off your car's engine (to start a session, when you spin and stall, or when pitting). This is in ACC and it adds so much immersion for being such a simple feature.

Drag Racing Support, primarily for online.

Scalable difficulty/length for career mode races to earn more credits and have more fun.

Track day mode. Basically practice but AI cars drive around the course with a variety of different vehicles. Also available online.

Improved car dealership viewer. No more blank background. Lets see each car on a showroom floor with sunshine beaming in through glass with ray tracing.

Some kind of useful safety stat in addition to the Racing rank stat.

More online 'seasons/tournaments' besides just the FIA stuff. Like have a Prototype drivers cup, or a GT Masters Cup. And give out collectible trophies for these.

Customizable 'my garage/home'. Let us design something like a Jay Leno garage where we keep all our cars stored and can view all the trophies we won.
Project Cars and ACC spoil the player with the engineer. So valuable with no HUD. Also, giving a heads up, when rain is "expected" and when leader is pitting.
Love the encouragement to push and effects of damage; temps rising when following a car in front too close.

The reverse B-Spec (well B-Spec can be extended for team management as a whole).

There was Track Meet in GT4, iirc something like that.
1634282411859.png

GT6 had that, the dealership didn't have blank background.
The Brembo trailer though...
And the trophies should have varied designs like GT3 ones.

Last edited:
Started playing Art of Rally On PS4. The Free Roam starts in a paddock, not exactly, but similar to the Northern Isle stage(it has a car wash and paint sprayer, with some cones and shipping containers, basic stuff). However, there’s an exit to the roads Of the rally stages. I’m only at the Finland map, but it reminds me of the GT7 map. If we could start from Home garage and drive around the GT7 map, that would be a cool option.

Last edited:
Started playing Art of Rally On PS4. The Free Roam starts in a paddock, not exactly, but similar to the Northern Isle stage(it has a car wash and paint sprayer, with some cones and shipping containers, basic stuff). However, there’s an exit to the roads Of the rally stages. I’m only at the Finland map, but it reminds me of the GT7 map. If we could start from Home garage and drive around the GT7 map, that would be a cool option.
Yeah, the reason I'd want the map menu back is for a foundation to GT's open world using the map. I'd want to see what the map can do in a modern era now where ofc in the past GT it was only a background menu, with GT4's enhancement being moving icons. I already got one of what I wanted which is the day/night cycle in the map, but next I'd want the map to be a setting for GT's free-roam.

I'd only wonder how should they implement it, probably not the one where you drive like maniac like other free-roam games but where you'd obey street rules (to keep GT spirit, imo) even if it won't appeal. And probably to punish those drivers... I can only currently think of doing it like rally games (when you ram people), reset when they, for example, crash heavily into traffic or such.

We definitely need a 1/4 mile drag strip.
The mileage exchange selection should change, there are way too many special colors (what is matte metallic?!), and there should be more unique wheel rims, think along the lines of how the KMC KM681 stands out.
CHANGE. THE. DISC. STORAGE. Having just disc storage for our photos and liveries is very infuriating seeing how you have to go and delete a bunch of pictures every time you’re taking scapes photos.

CHANGE. THE. DISC. STORAGE. Having just disc storage for our photos and liveries is very infuriating seeing how you have to go and delete a bunch of pictures every time you’re taking scapes photos.
What do you mean by "disc storage"?

Your photos, liveries, and replays, are saved in a save data file in system storage which, on PS4 is capped at 2GB for all games. That limitation doesn't appear to apply on PS5 - there is a limit (I'm currently showing 2.5GB remaining in mine), but it's much higher.

Yeah, the reason I'd want the map menu back is for a foundation to GT's open world using the map. I'd want to see what the map can do in a modern era now where ofc in the past GT it was only a background menu, with GT4's enhancement being moving icons. I already got one of what I wanted which is the day/night cycle in the map, but next I'd want the map to be a setting for GT's free-roam.

I'd only wonder how should they implement it, probably not the one where you drive like maniac like other free-roam games but where you'd obey street rules (to keep GT spirit, imo) even if it won't appeal. And probably to punish those drivers... I can only currently think of doing it like rally games (when you ram people), reset when they, for example, crash heavily into traffic or such.
Probably without traffic would be best. ;) If traffic were active, I guess ghosting(we know PD love ghosting) could solve that.

Probably without traffic would be best. ;) If traffic were active, I guess ghosting(we know PD love ghosting) could solve that.
I was actually thinking about how traffics in free roam would be a good opportunity for PD to make use their plethora of everyday cars like Toyota Aqua... :sly:

And physical traffic to practice avoiding hitting them... "the real driving simulator".

Last edited:
I was actually thinking about how traffics in free roam would be a good opportunity for PD to make use their plethora of everyday cars like Toyota Aqua... :sly:

And physical traffic to practice avoiding hitting them... "the real driving simulator".
Oh, for real. I’m for that. I do like the traffic in FH games.

I watched a F1 2021 stream and I was surprised at how much realism and depth there was in a mainstream game. Things like engine temperature etc etc. Makes me wonder why GT, outside of driving physics, isnt any more realistic today then it was 20 years ago.

I just think Kaz doesnt trust GT fans to embrace more realism then what we currently have, and thats why the game has largely been stagnant in terms of gameplay for a while now. He's afraid to make it more complex feeling he would alienate too many.

It's weird because it was the extra realism GT1 had that initially attracted me to the game

I watched a F1 2021 stream and I was surprised at how much realism and depth there was in a mainstream game. Things like engine temperature etc etc. Makes me wonder why GT, outside of driving physics, isnt any more realistic today then it was 20 years ago.

I just think Kaz doesnt trust GT fans to embrace more realism then what we currently have, and thats why the game has largely been stagnant in terms of gameplay for a while now. He's afraid to make it more complex feeling he would alienate too many.

It's weird because it was the extra realism GT1 had that initially attracted me to the game
I feel everything you've typed.
I think he mentioned something like that about the engine sounds(have to find the interview). Saying the sounds were too real.

Also, the reason for GTSport. He banked on trying something new, but many(like me, initially) didn't buy into his vision. The game picked up steam later, as he mentioned in another interview.

I think with the surface grip indicator shown in the GT7 trailer, could be a start to bottle feed players, a bit more realism.
I guess, with this franchise being about educating people to car culture, the franchise could start adding more realistic car data.

Don't know we'll see flat tyres, overheating, gearbox failures anytime soon , but we'll see how GT7 is received.

Honestly, GT Sport is still very good after all these years. With the return of car tuning, if PD add a few new cars and improve the sounds further, the most important aspect is the AI. It's still the one aspect of every GT game to date that has been miles behind the competition. GT mode is basically just a formality - grind to earn money to buy cars. That's it. A proper career mode with competitive AI would really make GT7 a great game

Not having engine temperature doesn't mean the physics go stagnant compared to 20 years ago though. The comfort tyres can be close to AC, has precise suspension (continuing from GT6) model against holes or imperfections, accurate weight transfer, and good slipstream. Like F1 too still had something that isn't implemented for years like winds.

Though nitpicky, F1 games also hasn't implemented wind for years. There's a sport game that didn't implement temperature for years like WRC 8-10.
I feel everything you've typed.
I think he mentioned something like that about the engine sounds(have to find the interview). Saying the sounds were too real.

Also, the reason for GTSport. He banked on trying something new, but many(like me, initially) didn't buy into his vision. The game picked up steam later, as he mentioned in another interview.

I think with the surface grip indicator shown in the GT7 trailer, could be a start to bottle feed players, a bit more realism.
I guess, with this franchise being about educating people to car culture, the franchise could start adding more realistic car data.

Don't know we'll see flat tyres, overheating, gearbox failures anytime soon , but we'll see how GT7 is received.
1634735474565.png

And going for both = "stop trying to please everyone, bunch of unfocused features then".

I might post my perpetual Gran Turismo X wishlist around Halloween, but here are a few of my druthers. And pardon for any repeats, but I don't really have time to read all the posts right now.
  • Adjustable and save-able racing cam views. I've hated just about every cockpit cam - too far back - except for the one in ToCA Race Driver 3, which was still a scouche too low for me, but it was useful.
  • Producer Mode for replays, where you set up the camera positions and behavior for three laps, as well as a shuffle feature so they don't cyclically repeat.
  • Overhaul the replays. Lift the darn cameras, put some of them up on those cranes we see, particularly near turns so we can see the drama of that traffic. Show us some freaking roofs, and the race in general. Lift the camera so we can see passing for crying out loud. No more lingering views of cars disappearing into the distance for five miles. Maybe one extreme close up once in a while - ONE or TWO at the most, and randomly. PLEASE get the camera above the roof at least half the time, Kaz-sensei...
  • Up the AI performance with four classes: Amateur/Easy, Semi-pro/Medium, Professional/Hard, and Expert for cars that drive almost to the limit, though humanly so. Use data from people who are in the top 5% or so of the world standards. No human races perfectly, and a perfect race would be practically unwinnable.
  • Provide templates in the Livery Editor, so even newbs or those who want something quick can paint areas by number, apply some good decals including originals, and use chosen race numbers and names. And they should look stylish.
  • Have more than one or two liveries for the race cars and tuners.
  • Grab all those vintage Gran Turismo tracks and perfectorize them.
  • Make all the tracks available in Arcade Mode.
  • Make a Race Builder that can be used to create everything from single Arcade Races to include an entire season, including championship races. Give us access to every conceivable parameter, including individual bots with defined skillsets and habits, and liveries on bot cars. Use existing league rules or make up our own with a template. Use this for offline as well as online races.
  • Bring back Track Creator. A big one. I made a track almost seven miles long in GT5 which was a delight to time trial.
  • More to come. ;)

Last edited:
I have to bring up Lobby options again. Players should be able to sample other player’s cars when not on track, but before choosing a car. As a share option.

Maybe it can start by the host can share their car in real time without having to either exit and gift a car. Similar to Best Motorin/Hot Version, where drivers can sample the same car.
Again, players wouldn’t need to be friends to share a car. It could be a share enabled option in that lobby.

I'd like to see better timing. A full driver list down the side of the screen with the purple/green/yellow sector indicators for each driver. A full live timing screen showing lap and sector times when you're not on track. A leaderboard filtered for tyres, pp, track and car class showing every drivers fastest ever lap. Your fastest lap ghost should appear for practice and qualifying and the option to keep the ghost for your qualifying laps on daily races so you can compare cars. And shuffle mode.

Last edited:
Here are a few things I would like to see in GT7 that would instantly make me squee in delight...

• The current FIA championship series being renamed "Sprint Series" and longer races (~1h) being a new longer FIA championship ran on different days.
  • Touching the grass no longer makes the car feel like it is on ice for 20 seconds.i
  • A fix to the cars that have been rendered undrivable for the majority after BoP and physics changes (Ferrari Gr.3 and Alfa Gr.4 come to mind)
  • 1 or 2 minor tuning options for the online races. Nothing like ACC or iRacing, but something like the BB -5 /+5 scale for things like suspension stiffness from base.
  • An overhaul of the penalty system to make it similar to other games (multiple infractions gives a time penalty, not minor niggles).
  • Gold licenses need to be difficult without being infuriatingly difficult. This will be challenging to accomplish because what is "difficult" for one person may be easy for another.
An easy fix to license tests would be to make them dynamic if also by player option, i.e. the time limits would increase by 1% for every finished attempt, so after 10 trials&failures the time limit would be 10% higher of the starting time limit.

The smell of a new sub forum is so good. Let's get down to business. This thread will serve as sort of a realistic wish list. Before you type away your hopes and dreams, few things you should consider:

• PD absolutely read this forum, so keep your points concise, and explain your reasoning.
  • No cars/tracks. We already have this in another part of the forum
  • The PS5 specs and DualSense features are already known, so keep them bound to the machine's capabilities. Here is a refresher
  • Feel free to discuss points, but be civil. Everyone's wishes aren't the same.

Some points I can start with:

New physics engine: With the new processing power and the partnership with Michelin -- it would make sense that a new physics engine, new aero and tire models are a top priority.

Dynamic TOD/Weather: This surely needs to happen with the PS5's big bump in CPU.

Proper damage model: Not likely at all, but a man can dream.

Better sounds: GTSport took a massive leap in the audio department. Having the tempest audio system and 3D Audio should give the audio gurus all the headroom they need.
Make almost all choices and parameters in races optional! Takes only a few minutes or hours of coding! And makes the game much more fun!

Back