the "just plain ugly" car thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 3,808 comments
  • 454,444 views
2017 Honda CRV
The front is bad but rear is horrendous
nydn-2017-honda-cr-v-silver-rear-quarter.jpg
 
11114_st0640_046.jpg


I have to drive one of these for the next week, while my Impala gets fixed... Not only do I feel ashamed of driving the most basic 4-banger econobox, but I am a bit disappointed at Nissan with their new designs. And this one is pretty compared to the Altima and Maxima. The design is just a convoluted mess...

Please tell me how and when this beauty; this legend
ac808bfa48ffeb26312f28535f3c8fd8.jpg

slowly turned into that ugly gray thing above it :(
 
IMG_3999.JPG

Thoughts?
 
Nothing wrong there. Maybe the "smile" below the gaping "mouth"?
 
Maybe the "smile" below the gaping "mouth"?
That's a chinstrap; you know, for when you want to look like a d-bag.
 
I don't think the current Sentra is anywhere near ugly. But I'm not defending the car. The design basically is as boring and expressionless as it could get. And I would gladly take a Sentra SE-R from 25 years ago over the Sentra Nismo.
 
3rd gen GMC Yukon from 2006 to 2014:

BTZZ0b7hSt8.jpg


The front end ruined it, meanwhile the Tahoe had much better look IMO.
 
3rd gen GMC Yukon from 2006 to 2014:

View attachment 647976

The front end ruined it, meanwhile the Tahoe had much better look IMO.

It looks like a wide-eyed surprised version of the Tahoe. Almost like some sort of cartoon face.

Is it weird to say the "shield" or "beak nose" Acura's are growing on me? To the point where I find the new TLX pretty ugly.
03-2018-acura-tlx-1.jpg
 
Is it weird to say the "shield" or "beak nose" Acura's are growing on me? To the point where I find the new TLX pretty ugly.
03-2018-acura-tlx-1.jpg
Your aren't alone, the worst thing about the new grill is the badge. It way too massive.
 
Credit where credit is due, they are trying to play with different designs as are all manufacturers. They did mostly well except for someone went and scaled the grille and badge up by 50 to 100% more than it probably was originally by the looks of it. There are only so many shapes a car's "facial features" can be and still look good, so eventually, maybe even soon, you'll see new cars that look sort of like old ones from other manufacturers.
 
2001 Nissan March Box Princess Edition

32815751191_0a25abc529_o.jpg

32815751441_1123fcefe3_o.jpg

32940102375_ea84ded615_o.jpg


2017 Toyota Sienta

32782708552_de3d50e818_b.jpg

32936625695_4c43d3f3e9_b.jpg

32936625895_c676569651_b.jpg
​
 
That can't possibly be real! What happened!? The 2016 model looked so good!
Um, the 2016 model looks exactly the same...

 
I quite like the Toyota Sienta. It looks better than the 1st generation.
Toyota_Sienta_2006.jpg
 
I'm with @TexRex on the Aeromax, I much prefer the standard Aero 8, and that isn't stunning in itself, but more classy. The Aeromax just looks so tacky and tasteless to me.

If I really wanted a hard-top version of the Aero 8, I would've gone for the Aero 8 GTN, even if just 11 were built.
 
Last edited:
Um, the 2016 model looks exactly the same...

I just realized it says sienTa. I was thinking of the sienna.
 
The 2018 Ford Ecosport facelift doesn't look great...
2018-Ford-EcoSport-front-three-quarters.jpg
 
The 2018 Ford Ecosport facelift doesn't look great...
2018-Ford-EcoSport-front-three-quarters.jpg

IMO, none of fords lineup looks very good. Their current design language hasn't aged well at all, and I think it's time for a change.
 
IMO, none of fords lineup looks very good. Their current design language hasn't aged well at all, and I think it's time for a change.
The Current Gen Ford Mustang and Fusion would like to disagree with you.
But of course, opinions is opinions.
 
I thought the Mustang and Fusion looked good aswell.
 
Electric pickup trucks

Havelaar Bison
havelaar-bison-electric-pickup-truck_100608700_l.jpg

havelaar-bison-electric-pickup-truck_100608702_l.jpg

The gauge cluster and center console look nice.
havelaar-bison-electric-truck-concept-interior.jpg


Workhorse W-15

Workhorse-W-15-Pickup-2.jpg

workhorse-pickup-1024x626.jpg


Workhorse-W-15-Pickup-11.jpg
 
Back